Author Topic: Liverpool vs Wolves preview. Sunday May 22nd. KO 4pm  (Read 22736 times)

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
Re: Liverpool vs Wolves preview. Sunday May 22nd. KO 4pm
« Reply #80 on: May 20, 2022, 06:45:43 am »
Wolves are a nothing team, tamed, got corks on their teeth

And it's at our gaff? Stop the match, ref, he's had enough!

Almost forgot this was on

Offline Raid

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #81 on: May 20, 2022, 08:41:14 am »
I was so keyed up in 2019 it was ridiculous. Tears when it was momentarily 1-0 to us and 1-0 to Brighton, tears when in no time it was 2-1 City, and a mix of unbelievable pride tinged with regret that our lads missed out despite scoring 97pts.

It feels a bit different this time, perhaps it’s the experience of being there regularly now, perhaps it’s the knowledge that whatever happens, these players are quite unbelievable players and humans, and they will be steered for another four years by the worlds best manager, who just really gets it. Or perhaps it’s the footballing God’s telling me that Steven Gerrard will take care of things for us just one last time.

Whatever happens on Sunday, we can be immensely proud to support this team and club. They will put a smile on your face at the end of a tough day or week or just make the good times that bit better. And that’s what it’s all about really.

Up the mighty Red Men!

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #82 on: May 20, 2022, 09:00:20 am »
Thinking of our starting 11 against Madrid

So
Kelleher
Milner matip konate tsimikas
Henderson Jones Elliott
Minamino firmino jota

Is good enough to win and means very little Risk of a major impact on the Madrid line up regardless of what happens against wolves

What a disaster that would be.

Those lads would beat Wolves for sure. But the idea of starting a team against Madrid the majority of whom haven't kicked a ball in anger for two weeks is madness.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline Sharado

• Stop crying
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #83 on: May 20, 2022, 09:06:57 am »
What a disaster that would be.

Those lads would beat Wolves for sure. But the idea of starting a team against Madrid the majority of whom haven't kicked a ball in anger for two weeks is madness.

The final v tottenham in Madrid, though we got the job done [and to be clear that really is all I give a shit about], we didn't look ourselves - think it was 3 weeks between end of season and that game or something daft. I'm glad we're rolling straight into this one. And Madrid have effectively been on the beach for a few weeks as their league was dusted ages ago.
3 midfielders minimum in the next window. And probably another young CB to boot.

Anything else is negligent.

Offline lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
« Reply #84 on: May 20, 2022, 09:16:26 am »
Agree, we'll go as full strength as we can. Exceptions might be Salah, who could get 25-30 mins and Virgil although I do expect Virgil and Matip to be the pairing with Konate for the Dutchman later on.

Origi needs to get at least 15 mins on his last appearance and Oxlade surely gets 5 or 10, depending on the scenario. Reckon we start Diaz, Mané, Jota.

Both an emotional game and an important one for key players to keep sharp and get off....ready. Unless the script changes and the team on in the closing minutes write themselves into history*

*even more than they already are
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Offline him_15

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #85 on: May 20, 2022, 09:17:29 am »
3 points, clean sheet and no injury please!
Believer

Offline Sharado

• Stop crying
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #86 on: May 20, 2022, 09:22:54 am »

Origi needs to get at least 15 mins on his last appearance

There has never been a more divock origi for the last 15 minutes game than this.
3 midfielders minimum in the next window. And probably another young CB to boot.

Offline scouse neapolitan

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #87 on: May 20, 2022, 09:24:18 am »
As long as there's no pitch invasion when we win the league on Sunday ;)

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #88 on: May 20, 2022, 09:32:03 am »
All the scenarios people are running through, are pointless.
All we can do is win as well as we possibly can. Go out with the mindset that has seen us through all season. Give Wolves the respect they deserve, don’t get complacent and give it our best.
Don’t get nervy, don’t get impatient. Get it done. Win. 
Whatever happens, it is a privilege to see this team play. Much is made of how good City are, but with unlimited wealth they should be. Klopp has given us a team we can be proud of. The tribal shit and the social media sneering, that belittles us and our team is irrelevant. Clickbait and engagement isn’t just the preserve of the media.
We are the lucky ones. Most of those who sneer are jealous. Fans who who have seen their teams win the square root of fuck all would be desperate for one of our cup wins. Look at the way Forest celebrated merely getting to the play off final. They are desperate for the good times again and you can’t knock them for it.
United and Arsenal trolls sneering that we will come second are sad little dickheads. Aesop wrote a fable about the fox who lost his tail. United and Arsenal have lost theirs and Spurs have never had one.
Even the Abu Dhabi regime look at us and wonder why they don’t get the vibes we get when we watch the lads play. After all they have spent a lot of family treasure on trying to manufacture their support. Real football fans look at us and wish they were us, winning things, singing songs, waving flags and being us. Look how our songs are copied by fans of teams like Wolves and Villa. Look how suddenly pyros are getting set off by fans of lesser sides who win the odd game.
The pathetic turnout at Wembley for the Semi has opened a few eyes as to the reality. The fact that Abu Dhabi bought a big fuck off flag to hide the blocks of empty seats, has made a lot of fans think “how many would we leave empty if our team got there.”
Our lads have done us proud and we would do well to recall our history. This is not always going to be the case. I grew up watching us dominate, and it hurt when we were not quite the best. We still won more than 90% of other teams but…
Now we have been granted the privilege of watching Klopp's team. Let’s just enjoy the moment. Let’s cheer them on wherever we are. If we win, we win, if we don’t, it won’t be because those lads have not tried. Anyone getting on the these players backs is being a prick and putting themselves across as better than Klopp. He doesn’t pick people who don’t try, and all he asks is for us to believe that winning is possible.
So come on you red men.

"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Offline Sharado

• Stop crying
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #89 on: May 20, 2022, 10:40:08 am »
Taylor the ref for us. Oliver for city.

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #90 on: May 20, 2022, 10:54:45 am »
Just win and pray i

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #91 on: May 20, 2022, 10:56:40 am »
Presuming none of the ones injured for Southampton missed out and Gomez certainly won't play I'd look at ...

Alisson
Trent   Konate   Matip   Robertson
Henderson   Keita   Thiago
Diaz   Jota   Mane

Something like that. Think that's the back 5 for sure, but would possibly start Curtis Jones ahead of one of those midfielders, bring one off the bench perhaps or vice versa. Bobby was excellent the other night and could also start. Would be absolutely gutted if he didn't bring Divock off the bench because he deserves a rapturous reception. We should have enough, hopefully these are similar to Southampton and on the beach, get a comfortable enough win and some minutes in the legs for some ahead of Paris. Ultimately you can't look past City beating Villa, it is what it is but we'll see. A nice send off ahead of next week regardless. Just like the team, that's gonna win the European Cup ...

COME ON YOU FUCKIN REDMEN!!!!!!
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline Raid

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #92 on: May 20, 2022, 10:58:24 am »
Taylor the ref for us. Oliver for city.

I'm happy enough with that. Always thought Taylor has actually refereed us ok, despite the drama each time he's appointed to a fixture. Oliver remains the best referee and happy that he's at their game.

We have Stuart Attwell on VAR, Abu Dhabi have Darren England.

Kavanagh and Tierney kept well away.

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #93 on: May 20, 2022, 10:59:40 am »

I will finish off again by saying what an incredible season it has been. This team is such a privilege to watch and support, they never give up, they don’t know the meaning of quit, they fight like every game is their last game, they hang in when other teams would fold, they can fight, they can dig in, they can grind out results, they can defend leads, they can come from behind, they can play you off the pitch. They are just amazing, one last time at Anfield this season sing your hearts out.

To be continued……………………

Nice one Zico, lovely stuff, what a season this has been  :scarf :scarf :scarf

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #94 on: May 20, 2022, 11:55:01 am »
I'm happy enough with that. Always thought Taylor has actually refereed us ok, despite the drama each time he's appointed to a fixture. Oliver remains the best referee and happy that he's at their game.

Attwell it pretty awful - but yes I agree with you overall

Offline him_15

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #95 on: May 20, 2022, 12:02:21 pm »
Please give Origi some minute...
Believer

Offline Lfc19ynwa

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #96 on: May 20, 2022, 12:37:21 pm »
Referee: Anthony Taylor. Assistants: Gary Beswick, Adam Nunn. Fourth official: Tony Harrington. VAR: Stuart Attwell. Assistant VAR: Dan Cook.

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #97 on: May 20, 2022, 12:45:17 pm »
I think midfield 3 will be Keita Hendo Curtis. Mane and Jota probably start with either Bobby or Diaz. Mo off the bench hopefully.

Back 4 i don't see many changes to our regular 4 other than VVD missing out and same 2 as midweek centre back.
"IT'S ENDED.....THE EUROPEAN CUP IS RETURNING TO ENGLAND AND TO ANFIELD."

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #98 on: May 20, 2022, 12:57:13 pm »
I think midfield 3 will be Keita Hendo Curtis. Mane and Jota probably start with either Bobby or Diaz. Mo off the bench hopefully.

Back 4 i don't see many changes to our regular 4 other than VVD missing out and same 2 as midweek centre back.

Why wouldn't Thiago start after not playing at all mid-week and with the CL final coming up?

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #99 on: May 20, 2022, 01:57:33 pm »

thank Christ for that.

Offline kaesarsosei

• Brutally bad.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #100 on: May 20, 2022, 04:22:22 pm »
Still see a lot of wham in this thread about resting players for the CL Final, despite Klopp himself literally saying he wants to play them for rhythm, plus the fact they have had the optimal 6 days rest - anymore and players get rusty, any less and they are not fully recovered from 120 mins in the FA Cup.

Aside from potentially VVD, Fabinho and Salah due to the injuries/knocks sustained last weekend, we will be playing 8 players at least who will be starting in Paris. Personally, I have a feeling Fabinho definitely won't play Sunday, VVD definitely will, and Salah is a slight question mark. But at this stage I am 100% certain Salah and VVD make the final but there is still a doubt over Fabinho.

The only question for me is, who does Klopp want to partner VVD in Paris. We will know on Sunday only if VVD plays. Its almost a coin flip at this point.

Alisson

TAA    Matip/Konate  VVD      Robbo

Keita     Henderson   Thiago

Salah   Mane   Diaz

Offline Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #101 on: May 20, 2022, 04:38:56 pm »
Van Dijk and Salah back training today  :)

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #102 on: May 20, 2022, 04:43:17 pm »

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #103 on: May 20, 2022, 04:57:17 pm »
So is Mo fit then?
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #104 on: May 20, 2022, 04:58:44 pm »
So is Mo fit then?

my old gym was called "Mor-Fit" - the owner's name was Morgan and she was a fitness model (the non-Arnold kind).

No idea about Mo being fit. The picture seems to say yes.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #105 on: May 20, 2022, 04:59:48 pm »
Fucking get in, just been offered a ticket in the Kop ;D
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline stevelfc1

• Main Stander
« Reply #106 on: May 20, 2022, 05:01:07 pm »
Probably just wishful thinking but I've nearly managed to convince myself IT'S ON this weekend and Villa will get something out of their game.

Just gotta do our thing and pile the pressure on.

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #107 on: May 20, 2022, 05:04:37 pm »
my old gym was called "Mor-Fit" - the owner's name was Morgan and she was a fitness model (the non-Arnold kind).

Thanks for sharing  :thumbup
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline CanuckYNWA

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #108 on: May 20, 2022, 05:07:33 pm »
Thank fuck Tierney is nowhere near our game or Citys

I think this will be the team, Klopp has said himself that he wants rhythm so unless Mo or Virgil are at risk for injury they will play

Alisson

TAA
Konate
Virgil
Robbo

Hendo
Keita
Thiago

Salah
Mane
Diaz

Offline Jwils21

• Justwindy,innit,lowestspeed21 (knots)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #109 on: May 20, 2022, 05:08:41 pm »
Origi is going to win us the title, isn't he?

Offline RogerTheRed

• Danke Juergen
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • There's a golden sky on the way
« Reply #110 on: May 20, 2022, 06:55:27 pm »
Come on Redmen!!
Thank Paul for a great op. Found out today I have a ticket for this so can’t wait. We should win without too much issue, seeing the Cups after and cheering the boys off to Paris will make after the match special.
The 18% chance of Villa not losing will be the cherry on top of the cake but what a cherry!
Think team will start strong. Pleased to see Mo training, hope he at least makes the bench.
Come On You Mighty Scouse Reds!!

Offline mikeb58

• The Poet Laureate of the Hillsborough forum and indeed, now, the rest of the site! Allez, allez, allez......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • kopite
« Reply #111 on: May 20, 2022, 07:04:17 pm »
Odd game due the circumstances concerning the City game, in the worst case scenario if the cheats run riot against Villa, Klopp may as well make wholesale changes and rest a few legs for the CL game.

Whatever happens at The Etihad, and whatever changes we make and for whatever reason (chasing the game or chasing a lost cause) I expect us to beat these 3 or 4-0 without breaking into a sweat.

So l'll go for 3-0 to us at Anfield and 2-2 at The Etihad.....then let the party begin!!
Hillsborough...Our Greatest Victory (out now)

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #112 on: May 20, 2022, 07:10:35 pm »
I had a horrible dream... Wolves scored early and doubled their lead before half an hour. City-Ville was 1-1 at that time. Klopp put Bobby on right then and... I don't know what happened afterwards, I woke up. Kinell, do I have to bite my nails until the final whistle of the season?!...
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #113 on: May 20, 2022, 07:11:31 pm »
Wolves will receive a multi-million pound bonus payment from Liverpool as part of the Diogo Jota transfer if they win the Premier League this weekend.

Jota signed for Liverpool in a deal worth up to £45million in September 2020, but Wolves received just £4m up front, with much of the rest of the fee dependent on both the player’s and the buying club’s subsequent performances,. [@MattHughesDM]

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #114 on: May 20, 2022, 07:12:42 pm »

Ive read the same about Villa with Grealish

Offline stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
« Reply #115 on: May 20, 2022, 07:14:09 pm »
Thanks for the post Paul.

We should just enjoy the match no matter what the outcome as it has been a special year and a monumental effort to try to overcome City. If we don’t do it then we have come so close…..an extra goal in one of the drawn matches would have done it.

First things first, we need to beat Wolves and I expect that we will. They won’t be easy but we should have too much quality for them. The trouble is that I don’t expect Villa to get anything against City but who knows what might happen…..a red card for one of City’s centre halves might make it interesting. Hope Ings turns on the style.

Here’s hoping.
#JFT97

Offline stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
« Reply #116 on: May 20, 2022, 07:15:34 pm »
I had a horrible dream... Wolves scored early and doubled their lead before half an hour. City-Ville was 1-1 at that time. Klopp put Bobby on right then and... I don't know what happened afterwards, I woke up. Kinell, do I have to bite my nails until the final whistle of the season?!...

The good thing is that your dream will have no bearing on the match so no need to worry.
#JFT97

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #117 on: May 20, 2022, 07:16:40 pm »

Ive read the same about Villa with Grealish

Yeah, I heard the the same about Villa and Grealish as well, but it was followed by a very long and very annoying laugh.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #118 on: May 20, 2022, 07:17:25 pm »
Yeah, I heard the the same about Villa and Grealish as well, but it was followed by a very long and very annoying laugh.

Yep

Offline BoRed

• BoRing
  • Legacy Fan
  • BoRac
« Reply #119 on: May 20, 2022, 07:24:14 pm »

Had the same dream. Origi made it 2-2 in injury time, and then news broke through that Coutinho made it 8-1 to Villa with the last kick of the game.