Author Topic: VAR! Video Assistant Referee & Shite Referees in General  (Read 1352439 times)

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: VAR! Video Assistant Referee & Shite Referees in General
« Reply #25640 on: April 27, 2024, 01:06:34 pm »
Its probably given as a red against certain teams

If its the other way around, Mac gets a red.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #25641 on: April 27, 2024, 01:07:31 pm »
Everyone knows that stamp from Paqueta was a yellow

You could argue that the referee didn't give it due to how early in the game it was

It's a bollocks argument though

It wouldn't be an issue if they reffed the game and not the occasion or the moment. Too concerned about ruining a spectacle than a career

Offline Enders

• Game. Has a thing for Edward Colanderhands
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez! Allez! Allez!
« Reply #25642 on: April 27, 2024, 01:08:11 pm »
If its the other way around, Mac gets a red.
We don't know for sure because we're talking hypothetically, and whilst I think the time on the watch is a factor (which is bollocks), if it is the other way round, Macca definitely gets a yellow at least
« Last Edit: April 27, 2024, 01:10:14 pm by Enders »
“He was a very good customer. He was just the three bottles of semi-skimmed. They didn’t have to be placed zonally on his step or anything. He was happy to have a chat and he would always look after you at Christmas.”

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25643 on: April 27, 2024, 01:10:59 pm »
We don't know for sure, as I think the time on the watch is a factor (which is bollocks), but if it is the other way round, Macca definitely gets a yellow at least

I remember Hyypia getting a red inside 4 mins at O/T, thay will get the cards out when it suits them.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #25644 on: April 27, 2024, 01:11:36 pm »
Not corrupt though

Nope absolutely as honest as the day is long.

I'm sure that it's just a co-incidence that we've got this c*nt again as well.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Enders

• Game. Has a thing for Edward Colanderhands
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez! Allez! Allez!
« Reply #25645 on: April 27, 2024, 01:23:29 pm »
I remember Hyypia getting a red inside 4 mins at O/T, thay will get the cards out when it suits them.
I remember it well unfortunately

Not even a yellow here though - its incredible
“He was a very good customer. He was just the three bottles of semi-skimmed. They didn’t have to be placed zonally on his step or anything. He was happy to have a chat and he would always look after you at Christmas.”

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #25646 on: April 27, 2024, 02:30:11 pm »
If Cody had stuck that away, VAR would've not been able to disallow it.

Bald headed prick shit himself and blew  :no
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Online oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #25647 on: April 27, 2024, 02:33:45 pm »
Paqueta on Mac Allister on 6' (no yellow or warning) - https://twitter.com/FutballGiants/status/1784191706667036916 & https://twitter.com/KaysonPapa/status/1784195027297583289

Edit: with new better quality and alternative angle footage... referee Antony Taylor does not blow his whistle / signal to stop play until Gakpo reaches the ball...

Ref Antony Taylor denies Gakpo chance on 86' (ref pretends he gave a freekick prior to gk... for something?) - https://v.redd.it/bbkg1m47x0xc1 & https://streamin.one/v/f1a6098d

^ https://twitter.com/kezmodo/status/1784217497928945797 & https://v.redd.it/lzrd6v5nz0xc1 & https://twitter.com/TheRedmenTV/status/1784214636587286773

^ 'Referee clearly waves play on, turns his back on Gakpo and Areola. You be the judge.' - https://twitter.com/MenInBlazers/status/1784217711595200796 (US video; VPN required)

« Last Edit: April 27, 2024, 03:06:57 pm by oojason »
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Jurgen YNWA

Online Legs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #25649 on: April 27, 2024, 02:46:21 pm »

Had he scored Taylor blew his whistle just before that is why Gakpo stopped so VAR couldn’t give the goal.

It’s the same in 2-3 games a week some BS decision/rule comes out from the PGMOL.

It’s hard to be angry I’m kinda feeling like Klopp wanting us to win but in reality it has little impact non this season now.

Online Legs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #25650 on: April 27, 2024, 02:49:08 pm »
I’m willing to bet last game we get a penalty against Wolves.

PGMOL hate Wolves clearly and we won’t be able to win anything and they will give us something so they can say look we do give you decisions of course only when nothing is riding on it.

Offline BOBSCOUSE

• Awestruck admirer of the families, YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25651 on: April 27, 2024, 02:53:02 pm »
Gakpo would have been carded for kicking the ball away if he'd stuck it in the net.  Had he managed to then VAR should have had to give the goal.

Look on Taylor's face after, "Shit me, nearly fucked that right up and gifted those scousers a goal"
JFT96
Here comes retribution motherfuckers!

Online Legs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #25652 on: April 27, 2024, 02:58:46 pm »
Gakpo would have been carded for kicking the ball away if he'd stuck it in the net.  Had he managed to then VAR should have had to give the goal.

Look on Taylor's face after, "Shit me, nearly fucked that right up and gifted those scousers a goal"

He would have been booked yes and VAR couldn’t give the goal as Taylor blew his whistle that was his get out.

Online Bread

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #25653 on: April 27, 2024, 03:00:45 pm »
It's absolutely atrocious officiating and I'm annoyed that more isn't being made of it.

We had to abide a week's worth of discourse when we were wrongly awarded a drop ball about 2 minutes before we scored against Forest, but Taylor preventing a surefire goal to tend to a fictitious injury that Areola wasn't even complaining about will just get swept under the rug.

Offline Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #25654 on: April 27, 2024, 03:23:06 pm »
Thats a straight red that, Crouchy was of the same thought
VAR deemed it not to be a clear and obvious error, yet they did with the Curtis Jones incident earlier in the season. I mean why not ask him to take a look, then he makes it worse by making it up as he goes along for stopping Gakpo from scoring
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Offline Wabaloolah

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #25655 on: April 27, 2024, 03:24:26 pm »
It's absolutely atrocious officiating and I'm annoyed that more isn't being made of it.

We had to abide a week's worth of discourse when we were wrongly awarded a drop ball about 2 minutes before we scored against Forest, but Taylor preventing a surefire goal to tend to a fictitious injury that Areola wasn't even complaining about will just get swept under the rug.
I don't think it was shown or discussed in the post match on TNT, Klopp not questioned about it in his post match interview.

It was looked at by US TV though.

It's a fucking joke

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25656 on: April 27, 2024, 03:26:34 pm »
VAR deemed it not to be a clear and obvious error, yet they did with the Curtis Jones incident earlier in the season. I mean why not ask him to take a look, then he makes it worse by making it up as he goes along for stopping Gakpo from scoring

This is where all the back covering comes in. Like Rugby, Taylor and the VAR should look at the replays together and VAR have the balls to say to Taylor, "you've missed that, its at least a yellow". But no, they just cheat.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Wabaloolah

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #25657 on: April 27, 2024, 03:38:43 pm »
This is where all the back covering comes in. Like Rugby, Taylor and the VAR should look at the replays together and VAR have the balls to say to Taylor, "you've missed that, its at least a yellow". But no, they just cheat.
yep but that would make the process transparent, they clearly don't want that. You never get all this shit in Europe with clear and obvious. PGMOL are not fit for purpose

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25658 on: April 27, 2024, 03:42:58 pm »
Had he scored Taylor blew his whistle just before that is why Gakpo stopped so VAR couldn’t give the goal.

It’s the same in 2-3 games a week some BS decision/rule comes out from the PGMOL.

It’s hard to be angry I’m kinda feeling like Klopp wanting us to win but in reality it has little impact non this season now.

Like I said, the bald headed prick shit himself & then forced them to bring on the magic sponge.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #25659 on: April 27, 2024, 03:44:33 pm »
Dunno why we even bother talking about it any more.

It's been as bent as fuck for years now.

What is even the point?
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #25660 on: April 27, 2024, 03:49:16 pm »
Taylor will say he was playing advantage, that is why his arm was sticking out. The minute the keeper rolled the ball out and Cody went for it, there was no longer an advantage.

All made up shite, but there you go.
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
« Reply #25661 on: April 27, 2024, 03:58:20 pm »
I don't get why all you guys are moaning. It seems for once PGMOL have been quick and immediately implemented the "kid's mistake"-rule that was created in the CL-game between Bayern and Arsenal. Great process...

Online oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #25662 on: April 27, 2024, 04:11:56 pm »
Taylor will say he was playing advantage, that is why his arm was sticking out. The minute the keeper rolled the ball out and Cody went for it, there was no longer an advantage.

Yeah, that'll likely be the excuse we get given... though many of us will see it as soon as the gk chooses to throw the ball down for him to kick it, then any 'advantage' (given for a gk colliding with is own defender) is over - and the ball is in play for everyone.

It would seem from this video - that Taylor may have told the West Ham goalie to go down / get on the floor? And it is Taylor himself who then calls the physio onto the pitch:-

(around 44 second in; though the actual VAR-referee micced audio would be welcome... to clear up and clarify any further issues ;))

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/zeGY6nKWjp8" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/zeGY6nKWjp8</a>

^ or click here to watch - www.youtube.com/v/zeGY6nKWjp8

« Last Edit: April 27, 2024, 05:22:11 pm by oojason »
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline Wabaloolah

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #25663 on: April 27, 2024, 04:36:23 pm »

that's all well and good but he should then have restarted the game with a free kick not give the ball to Areola and start the game with  it in his hands

Online JRed

• After a 2L bottle of strongbow I’d do anything!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25664 on: April 27, 2024, 04:45:01 pm »
There is no explanation for that today that would stand up to any kind of scrutiny. Free kick? No Anthony you did not blow your whistle. Advantage? Then you cannot blow your whistle just because the keeper put the ball on the floor and pulled his socks up. The Manc had no right to stop that game and convince the keeper he needed medical attention.

That surely is the final straw for people who think it’s just honest mistakes?
My take is the officials have been got at by some shady people, maybe in the far east from the refs trips out there or from their jaunts to Abu Dhabi. It is beyond any kind or reasonable doubt that they are acting impartially now.

Offline Adeemo

• surreally arsed
  • Legacy Fan
  • A.W.E.S.O.M.-O
« Reply #25665 on: April 27, 2024, 04:52:25 pm »

If he played the advantage and then said it didn’t occur, the play would have restarted with a free kick after he stopped Gakpo scoring. He didn’t, he stopped Gakpo scoring for a non existent injury, that he created to save his and the keepers blushes. It’s a major error and possible cheating and Taylor should be investigated.
"I love the Pope, I love seeing him in his Pope-Mobile, his three feet of bullet proof plexi-glass. That's faith in action folks! You know he's got God on his side"

Offline Wabaloolah

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #25666 on: April 27, 2024, 05:01:09 pm »
If he played the advantage and then said it didn’t occur, the play would have restarted with a free kick after he stopped Gakpo scoring. He didn’t, he stopped Gakpo scoring for a non existent injury, that he created to save his and the keepers blushes. It’s a major error and possible cheating and Taylor should be investigated.

imagine how it would have felt if we hadn't dropped the points we had in recent games!

An absolute joke of a decision but as ever absolutely nothing will be done about it
« Last Edit: April 27, 2024, 05:04:28 pm by Wabaloolah »

Online Nitramdorf

• No longer as forward as he used to be, so has dropped back into midfield. Didn't you hear?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25667 on: April 27, 2024, 05:06:39 pm »
Who'd have thought one of our players being elbowed in the face and it somehow being our fault wouldnt be the maddest thing to happen to us this year. It's just a relentless pile of bullshit and cheating on and off the pitch. There are no limits to which they will not go.

I pity the new manager who doesnt know what's coming yet.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25668 on: April 27, 2024, 05:52:08 pm »
Ref Watch on Monday should be funny as fuck as that worm Gallagher tries to explain this one. He'll tie himself in knots defending his mate.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #25669 on: April 27, 2024, 05:52:27 pm »

Of course they'd have disallowed it.

Online Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #25670 on: April 27, 2024, 05:55:06 pm »
He blew before he could shot.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25671 on: April 27, 2024, 06:08:39 pm »
He blew before he could shot.

I think what WAP means if Taylor doesn't blow, they couldn't disallow it. Taylor knew this, so he's blown the whistle to ensure the goal could not stand. He's a fucking cheat
Jurgen YNWA

Offline LFC_R_BOSS

• Main Stander
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #25672 on: April 27, 2024, 06:12:18 pm »
I think what WAP means if Taylor doesn't blow, they couldn't disallow it. Taylor knew this, so he's blown the whistle to ensure the goal could not stand. He's a fucking cheat

Yep .it’s the worst cheating I’ve ever seen

No wonder jurgens had enough

Offline StigenKeegan

• Anny Roader
« Reply #25673 on: April 27, 2024, 06:13:51 pm »
Can't wait for automatic offside next season. These c*nts take the piss.
At this point I think the most plausible explaination for the one year delay in implementing the automatic offside is that they needed to find a way to calibrate it so that it makes Liverpool players more offside than the rest. A team of dedicated coders working 24/7 to get it ready in time for next season...

Offline kiwiscouser

• Kopite
« Reply #25674 on: April 27, 2024, 06:32:19 pm »

It really is a cheats charter. It’s sickening

Offline kiwiscouser

• Kopite
« Reply #25675 on: April 27, 2024, 06:33:20 pm »
Yep .it’s the worst cheating I’ve ever seen

No wonder jurgens had enough

Honestly, I think half the reason why he is leaving is he gets this shit every week

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25676 on: April 27, 2024, 07:55:44 pm »

Offline LFC_R_BOSS

• Main Stander
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #25677 on: April 27, 2024, 08:34:17 pm »
Honestly, I think half the reason why he is leaving is he gets this shit every week

I think the spurs game did for him. He knows he’s fighting a battle v The refs and Man City . So what’s the point.

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25678 on: April 27, 2024, 08:57:38 pm »
I can see it and i'm calling it now...

They're gonna go the route of 'player protection', they're gonna paint it as him looking out for player welfare and make out 'sides and managers have been asking for more protection for their players' and make out this is an example of officials trying to implement that

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
« Reply #25679 on: April 27, 2024, 09:12:23 pm »
 Taylor

The fucker should've been stood down after Everton Forest and he's had another fucking stinker today 

The Gakpo incident was as close as you can come to cheating as is possible
If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp