Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10
Liverpool FC Forum / Re: The Title Race 2023/24- Jurgen's Last Dance
« Last post by Fromola on Today at 06:16:52 pm »
I think we all knew by the Palace game.

I did tell someone at the time if we freezed the table after that game and then showed it to us back in August we'd have got very excited. Level on points at the top, 6 games left, with only GD separating us. Problem was living in the now we could see the constant struggles in every game. Wide open midfield defensively, disjointed, inability to grind out wins. Every game was going to be a rollercoaster, and you dont win leagues that way.

I think had Jurgen stayed one more season he'd have finally got the required 6, the midfield would have been up and running (plus the 8s would be fully accustomed to the team), the team would have looked more complete and would have functioned more like a Klopp team.

If we won every game after Palace at best we'd have lost it on goal difference to Arsenal. No way Everton or United would have done us a favour.

Everyone knew we'd fucked it that day.
Liverpool FC Forum / Re: Darwin Núñez (Darwin Gabriel Núñez Ribeiro)
« Last post by PEG2K on Today at 06:16:32 pm »
It is a pretty unique situation we are in though. How often has a top team had 5 top forwards who are all basically more than capable of starting games. Nunez is being compared to the current top goalscorers in the League. The likes of Watkins, Solanke, Bowen etc. The thing is they are all playing 3000 plus minutes this season.

When we had the likes of Salah, Mane and Firmino they all had seasons in which they played 3000+ minutes. Last season for instance Salah played 3294 minutes that does not include added time. So that was 3294 out of a possible 3420 minutes. So yes forwards do get to play 90 minutes for pretty much every League game in a season. Solanke this season for instance has played 3030 from a possible 3060 minutes.

Nunez has 3696 league minutes in his entire Liverpool career. So basically 1.08 seasons of League football. In that number of minutes he has scored 20 League goals despite not being on penalties and despite not having the team setup to play to his strengths. There have been comparisons to the likes of Solanke, Watkins and Toney. How many goals would they be getting if they were at Liverpool competing with the likes of Diaz, Jota, Gakpo and Salah for minutes.

As I said we are in a pretty unique in having 5 genuine starting forwards.
This is another type of mental gymnastics as well lol. You're making it up as if because we have 5 starting forwards so Nunez doesn't get a large share of minutes, and that he would keep up his scoring rate if he were played more. But the reality is he had been dropped from the starting lineup from time to time due to bad form, and a few injuries as well.

If we're going by your logic then Origi had a goal every 160 minutes in his ENTIRE Liverpool career. Why did we let him go for free when he was entering the prime age for a striker and spent 80 mil on a downgrade lol?
Spurs aren't getting anything against City even if top four was on the line.
General Football and Sport / Re: Arsenal: Top of the divers league
« Last post by Red-Soldier on Today at 06:15:48 pm »
Yeah, Arsenal are a great team and it would be a travesty if they don't win the league. Which is precisely why I hope they don't win it. This league deserves nothing but travesty upon travesty.

I agree.  Let the filth continue.  The PL is a joke!
We cant do more than win our last 3.

Come on you spurs!
This title race is in the balance for me

City v Spurs  if city are like this is game on
Lol as if spurs can get anything from that game the spurs fans in the stadium will be supporting City.
spurs may have little chance of top 4 by the time they play city
no chance they get anything if so

Bournemouth at home for Arsenal tougher than people think as well
Spurs fans will burn the stadium down if they beat city. City will win their games, only fulham might give them a game but they look on the beach.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10