Author Topic: Leicester vs. Liverpool vs. Lee Mason [Round-table discussion]  (Read 11047 times)

Offline Cid

• Licks cuban heeled shoes but doesn't want anyone to know about it.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Leicester vs. Liverpool vs. Lee Mason [Round-table discussion]
« Reply #40 on: December 5, 2014, 07:32:14 am »
Lucas plays dm, Gerrard  plays further up the field and yet some people still blame him for our midfield being overrun and cambiasso picking up the ball in dangerous position throughout the second half.

Something not quite right there.  When your cam scores a goal,  is denied a clear pen and makes the attack tick better than it has in months he's done his job well and by most even handed measures Gerrard was motm.

Lucas did his job well but in my opinion our struggle against ten men came from constantly losing the 1v1 battles at fullback and our defensive pairing's usual tendency to retreat into their own box when the opponent has the ball.

Offline GrkStav

• Has a statuette of Lucas on the bonnet of his car which he polishes lovingly with Lucas Brasso. Glen Johnson's biggest fan. Doesn't have a "fucken clue" where L4 is
  • Legacy Fan
  • Not very good at 'banter'.
« Reply #41 on: December 5, 2014, 07:38:25 am »
Which specific posters, in which specific posts, are "blaming" Gerrard and for precisely what?

In my opinion, this thread has been overwhelmingly positive regarding Gerrard's performance vs Leicester.
« Last Edit: December 5, 2014, 02:54:41 pm by GrkStav »
Ludi Circenses!

Offline Cid

• Licks cuban heeled shoes but doesn't want anyone to know about it.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #42 on: December 5, 2014, 07:48:30 am »
Which people are "blaming" Gerrard for anything and where?

In short, what are you talking about?

If you can't be bothered to read back even one page don't come here on the bounce with a one liner post please.  It takes more effort to reply to that laziness than it does to point the finger.

On the last page alone he's got one poster saying he was poor for not tracking back enough and 'blaming' him for cambiasso's smart play and another saying it was his fault we didn't hold the ball further up the field.  Strange when we attacked better than we have in an age,  Ricky fucking Lambert is our sole striker and recycling possession is a fundamental of the Rodgers system but there you go.

Offline GrkStav

• Has a statuette of Lucas on the bonnet of his car which he polishes lovingly with Lucas Brasso. Glen Johnson's biggest fan. Doesn't have a "fucken clue" where L4 is
  • Legacy Fan
  • Not very good at 'banter'.
« Reply #43 on: December 5, 2014, 02:53:07 pm »
If you can't be bothered to read back even one page don't come here on the bounce with a one liner post please.  It takes more effort to reply to that laziness than it does to point the finger.

On the last page alone he's got one poster saying he was poor for not tracking back enough and 'blaming' him for cambiasso's smart play and another saying it was his fault we didn't hold the ball further up the fieldStrange when we attacked better than we have in an age,  Ricky fucking Lambert is our sole striker and recycling possession is a fundamental of the Rodgers system but there you go.

Just to make sure, I did just re-read the first page.

I stand by my post. The first page of the round-table thread was overwhelmingly positive re Gerrard. Of the 59 mentions of Gerrard, some were duplicates (in quoted posts). The ones you mentioned were the ONLY somewhat negative. There was ONE post that expressed a negative assessment of Gerrard's performance and it was, at worst, a bit hyperbolic.

In the final analysis, if there are particular comments or sentences in particular posts you find problematic, you can address them directly and offer retorts.

As for the general issue of maintaining possession in the opposition half and final third, our most creative and 'disequilibrating' player is also the one most responsible for (often entirely, apparently, inexplicably) failing to control and to maintain possession in the opposition half and final third. The other is Johnson but that goes without saying.

« Last Edit: December 5, 2014, 03:51:11 pm by GrkStav »
Ludi Circenses!

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #44 on: December 5, 2014, 03:31:20 pm »
'Ricky fucking Lambert'....how the mighty Round-table has fallen.

Needs a reboot. Get Daniel Craig in to do what he did for Bond. Take a darker tone, more mysterious and brooding. In the future threads it'll just be black and white shots of Hendo looking moody in front of an Aston Martin.
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #45 on: December 5, 2014, 04:01:16 pm »

Something not quite right there.  When your cam scores a goal,  is denied a clear pen and makes the attack tick better than it has in months he's done his job well and by most even handed measures Gerrard was motm.

I don't want this to be a 'he's great or he's shit' debate but I don't think there's any evidence at all he makes the attack tick better
we created 5 chances against leicester - which is pretty diabolical against one of the worst defensive teams in the league
we also completed 84 passes in the final third (via dan kennett) the 2nd least we've completed in Rodgers time here

Not sure how that's the attack ticking better??!

Offline Broad Spectrum

• Antibiotic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46 on: December 5, 2014, 04:47:30 pm »
It's really rather sad to see The Round Table dying a slow death.

I don't know why so many former posters have abandoned ship. But where are they? There used to be so much wisdom and wry humour on here; I miss the contributions of Juan Loco, Yorkykopite et al.

Absolutely no question the round table discussions miss the likes of PoP, RoyHendo etc. who contributed massively to last seasons threads.

The screenshots from the game etc. were always good to discuss, I guess if someone could be arsed doing those again that could be a good way of helping to provoke insightful analysis.

Offline Tony19:6

• Begets John 3:16
  • Legacy Fan
  • Born and Bred
« Reply #47 on: December 5, 2014, 11:28:33 pm »
I'm not convinced the MF has been any better despite the rejigging of personnel, particularly in terms of control.

Sure we've won the last two games but fuck me that Stoke game was painful to watch and we were a long way from being convincing against Leicester.

Read somewhere that in both games the opposition had more shots on target? well if that's the case we haven't solved the problems up top or defensively.

We had less possession at home against Stoke City but edged it against the rock bottom side I believe.

Id take a 1-0 win against the Mackens tomorrow, with the Reds showing signs of playing well.

A Great man once said...
"Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes, of controlling the ball and of making yourself available to receive a pass.
It is terribly simple."

http://twitter.com/Tony19_6

Offline Durlmints

• Kicks Ass. Categorically denies being the now infamous antihero 'Chris from Wavertree'. Maybe he is. Maybe he isn't. Who knows? Henry the Mild Mannered Janitor? COULD BEEEE!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Mané & Salah, your defence is terrified!
« Reply #48 on: December 6, 2014, 12:22:33 am »
Id take a 1-0 win against the Mackens tomorrow, with the Reds showing signs of playing well.

I'd take a 1-0 win even if it mean Sunderland having 248 shots and hitting the bar 99 times, with the Liverpool goal coming via a strong gust of wind.
Crows attacked a pensioner in Hamburg after she mimicked a crow's call.
You claim a Wagon Wheel is a biscuit and you have the audacity to stick a Kit Kat in goal? You sir are a du