The Boozer / Re: Wordle - Word Game - Guess a different word each day
« Last post by Alan_X on Today at 07:13:52 am »
Wordle 1,043 5/6

🟨⬜⬜🟨⬜
⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜🟩🟩🟩⬜
⬜🟩🟩🟩⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
Hard to think of many examples where Liverpool forwards suddenly come good after a few years.

Owen, Fowler, Torres, Suarez, Salah, Mane all looked the part straight away. Firmino struggled first few months but that was a coaching issue - as soon as Klopp came in he proved his worth. Suarez in the sense that he wasn't prolific in front of goal until his 2nd full season when Rodgers came in. He was always a top player though, Nunez is just so raw as a footballer, not just a finisher.

Depends on what you mean by 'come good' I guess. Suarez certainly was excellent from the outset but he did have that 'not a finisher' label. I distinctly recall people clamouring for Huntelaar or thinking Carroll would be the finisher in a partnership lol. Nunez on the other hand often seems incapable of doing basic things like moving with the ball or placing the ball from 6 yards out. If coming good is reducing the variability in performances then I think we've definitely seen this albeit starting from a higher base. For example, Mane's first season to his third was such a step up it was unbelievable. As was Firmino's improvement. The concern with Nunez is that he's consistently putting in performances that are just objectively awful, which I don't think we've seen resolved before. And when it's going wrong for him he rarely resolves it in the game.

I want him to succeed, he has all the physical attributes to be a great player. He just seems to lack something mentally.
« Last post by Alan_X on Today at 07:10:52 am »
Daily Quordle 824
8️⃣6️⃣
7️⃣9️⃣
m-w.com/games/quordle/
🟨⬜⬜⬜🟨 ⬜⬜⬜🟩⬜
⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜ ⬜⬜🟩🟨⬜
⬜⬜🟩⬜⬜ ⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
🟨⬜🟨⬜⬜ ⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜ 🟩🟩⬜🟩⬜
⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜ 🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
⬜🟨🟨⬜⬜ ⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 ⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛

⬜⬜⬜⬜🟨 🟨⬜⬜🟨⬜
⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜ ⬜⬜⬜🟨⬜
🟩⬜⬜⬜⬜ ⬜⬜🟨⬜⬜
⬜⬜🟩⬜⬜ ⬜🟨⬜⬜⬜
⬜⬜⬜⬜🟩 ⬜🟨⬜⬜🟨
⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜ ⬜🟨⬜⬜🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 ⬜⬜⬜🟨⬜
⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛ ⬜⬜🟨⬜⬜
⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛ 🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
« Last post by Alan_X on Today at 07:06:34 am »
Strands #55
“Call me?”
🔵🔵🔵🔵
🟡🔵🔵
Liverpool FC Forum / Re: The Title Race 2023/24- Jurgen's Last Dance
« Last post by farawayred on Today at 07:00:30 am »
Would rather Arsenal win it than 115 FC doing an unprecedented 4 titles on the bounce.
I'm split on that. Maybe that's better, or maybe it's better for the Cheats to win it and then get stripped of everything...
Liverpool FC Forum / Re: Mohamed Salah - Best in the World *
« Last post by KirkVanHouten on Today at 06:58:56 am »
He's come back unfit, has returned to "fitness" during his fasting period. He's not fallen off a cliff, he's having a rare out of form out of fitness patch. Whether he's the long term answer moving forward is unsure though.

Yeah that's fine but we need to start pricing that into our player valuations and considering it in our recruitment balance. Playing in AFCON is a huge negative mark on a player. They are taken away in the middle of the busiest period of a season and we don't get any benefit. The margins we've lost titles by are so thin, it's absurd that we have had this tournament taking away our best players and returning them crocked to derail our season.
I understand all that with the case pending, but all I'm asking is that people mention the charges (nothing illegal or even provocative in that) and discuss that these charges are there in the context of what we're seeing on the field season after season.

Or, if the writers and broadcasters don't want to do that, then just shut up and don't praise them. But instead we mostly get the worst of both - no mention of the charges and shitloads of praise for City as though they're totally legit.

It's not a high bar I'm setting for journalism in the UK, but the vast majority keep limbo-dancing way under it.

The less the charges are mentioned the better for the product that is the PL. Doesn't look good if they keep talking about them having 115 charges to their name.

There's also most definitely pressure from somewhere to not talk about them as much as possible.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10