Author Topic: Fabio Aurelio  (Read 262739 times)

Offline Lady_brandybuck

• Duchess of Crackers, Mermaid of the Caribbean Sea and Amazon goddess (Current Empress of Tenochtitlan)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Available for parties and dinners.
Re: Fabio Aurelio
« Reply #1640 on: March 22, 2009, 03:17:59 am »
with Xabi Alonso he is one of my favourite players, he is class through and through.
Hope he keeps fit for the rest of the campaing and take more free kicks ;)
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies"

Offline buchigo!

• Legacy Fan
  • okay javier but i'm only on loan... for sure no?
« Reply #1641 on: March 22, 2009, 04:11:51 am »
thanks for the read electric ghost.
fabio = top man.
Finish the job sir. Come back when we deserve you.

Offline RyanNS

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1642 on: March 22, 2009, 04:37:13 am »
My first time really noticing the talent level of Aurelio was back on the 20th of January, 2007 in our home win against Chelsea. To be honest I knew nothing about the lad and his time at Valencia, but after that Chelsea match I fell in love with him. Going into this match Chelsea under Mourinho had a 100% record versus Liverpool and we were at this point considered the underdogs. Looking back now it's easy to forget he even played in that match. The thing about his performance in that day is that he didn't really do anything to stand out either. He didn't score a goal, nor do I recall him being directly involved with one either and with some of the performances of our own that day like Pennant and Kuyt it was easy to overlook his contribution. But at the time if you did pay close attention you saw confidence, talent and above all else pure footballing know how when it came to his performance. Fabio was constantly in the right spot on defence, shutting down the likes of  Drogba, Kalou, Ballack, Essien, Robben, Shevchenko and Lampard. What else he did that day was prove his weight in gold and showed that he had the capability of being one of the premier left backs in all of football. The last few years have been unfortunate to Fabio injury wise, but I do believe if he can stay fit he is by far the best left back in all of English football.
Ozzie

Offline abhred

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1643 on: March 22, 2009, 05:45:50 am »
What a class interview that. I he does deserve to be playing for Brazil. Apart from the fact that he's a very good footballer, Brazil arn't exactly blessed with left backs.
It wouldn't be Liverpool if we didn't do it the hard way... ask Gareth Southgate.

Offline nocturnalvin

• Legacy Fan
  • Justice For The 96.
« Reply #1644 on: March 22, 2009, 06:52:51 am »
Not trying to be smug and all, but i wonder why it took so many people so long to recognise his ability.

He is quite possibly, along with Xabi, the smartest and technically gifted player in our squad, or even the league. Many confused athleticism with ability, the first time i read here in Rawk that Clichy is miles better than Fabio, i fucking fumed.

I am sure too, amongst those who laughed and wrote about "hoping Fabio doesn't take anymore freekicks", all of them would have jumped in celebration when VDS stood stationary as the ball sailed into the net.  I am sure, most of them now are converted. 

Offline double helix

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1645 on: March 22, 2009, 07:04:29 am »
Two things about our Fabio impressed me ALWAYS.

First, it takes a lot of mental strength to come back from Injuries that Fabio has. To still retain that optimism and enthusiasm is amazing to watch.(Michael Owen , please note).

Second, he never goes missing in big games, real madrid,Mancs,chelsea etc....

More importantly, he would'nt survive Rafa for 3 years at Balenthia and nearly   2 1/2 years at Liverpool, if he was not good enough(would have met the fate of Momo,keane,crouchie).

Thank fcuk he is ours.Hope they extend his contract asap.

Offline abhred

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1646 on: March 22, 2009, 07:28:27 am »
Not trying to be smug and all, but i wonder why it took so many people so long to recognise his ability.

He is quite possibly, along with Xabi, the smartest and technically gifted player in our squad, or even the league. Many confused athleticism with ability, the first time i read here in Rawk that Clichy is miles better than Fabio, i fucking fumed.

I am sure too, amongst those who laughed and wrote about "hoping Fabio doesn't take anymore freekicks", all of them would have jumped in celebration when VDS stood stationary as the ball sailed into the net.  I am sure, most of them now are converted. 

As you said, plain athleticism is much more obvious than vision, technique, passing, positioning. Most people (and all pundits) won't rate a full back unless he's running up and down the flank even though his final product may be crap.
It wouldn't be Liverpool if we didn't do it the hard way... ask Gareth Southgate.

Offline jckliew

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1647 on: March 22, 2009, 07:34:56 am »
Took so long cos he was injured quite some bit of the time...........
My 12yr old son asked me: Is Blackburn a Racist name?

Offline nocturnalvin

• Legacy Fan
  • Justice For The 96.
« Reply #1648 on: March 22, 2009, 07:55:56 am »
As you said, plain athleticism is much more obvious than vision, technique, passing, positioning. Most people (and all pundits) won't rate a full back unless he's running up and down the flank even though his final product may be crap.

Which is the problem with English football to be honest. I remember not too long ago, there was a footbal programme and there were some notable football figures (can't remember who), but they were British.  They spoke about the grassroot levels, and many English coaches were spotted teaching the kids to go Route One and "keep running".  It was unpurposeful, all it was was running running and more running.

Took so long cos he was injured quite some bit of the time...........

Knew someone would come up with something like this. Whenever he has played though, he was almost always very good.

Offline SKRTE[_

• Main Stander
« Reply #1649 on: March 22, 2009, 08:12:57 am »
he's such a good player that it seems a waste having insua, dossena aswell, maybe dossena could play on the wing like he has off the bench in the last two weeks. To all you people out there, that say dossena is sh!t and stuff like that, bad left backs don't just pop up and score two goals in two games against REAL & MAN U!!!
Aurelio = Gun that means
Gerrard, Torres and Reina = Nuclear Weapons
Reina(2nd best in world, to bad Cassilas is also from Spain)
"This is no any ordinary midfield player, this is a man with a cannon in his right foot!"

Offline rowan_d

• boat. Señor Paolo de Souza-Farquharson :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #1650 on: March 22, 2009, 08:14:22 am »
Do we have the best depth in left-backs in the league?

Offline SKRTE[_

• Main Stander
« Reply #1651 on: March 22, 2009, 08:15:53 am »
he's such a good player that it seems a waste having insua, dossena aswell, maybe dossena could play on the wing like he has off the bench in the last two weeks. To all you people out there, that say dossena is sh!t and stuff like that, bad left backs don't just pop up and score two goals in two games against REAL & MAN U!!!
Aurelio = Gun that means
Gerrard, Torres and Reina = Nuclear Weapons
Reina(2nd best in world, to bad Cassilas is also from Spain)
Oh and Voronin =  :no
"This is no any ordinary midfield player, this is a man with a cannon in his right foot!"

Offline abhred

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1652 on: March 22, 2009, 08:19:15 am »
Do we have the best depth in left-backs in the league?

Yes :P

Dossena, Aurelio, Insua. Even Arby and Agger can play there.

Offline destiny_dude

• No new LFC topics
  • Kopite
« Reply #1653 on: March 22, 2009, 08:23:50 am »
Oh and Voronin =  :no

German Hitman. ;D ;D
Defeat the defeat Before the Defeat defeats You. :o

Offline Daranoza

• Legacy Fan
  • Once more unto the breach, dear friends.
« Reply #1654 on: March 22, 2009, 10:18:11 am »
I remember reading a similar article to the one posted yesterday in a magazine, think it was Champions League Magazine or something, when he first signed, and it made me think of (hock, spit) Ronaldo.

Ronaldo is another footballer who came from a really under privileged background and turned to football as a way to 'escape' so to speak.

I remember thinking "What a difference," when I looked at what money and fame did to Ronaldo, made him indulgent and spoiled and bratty and sickeningly arrogant whereas it just made Fabio appreciative.

People are different, I understand that, but it is this kind of attitude, as documented in this article, that I find more appealing and more attractive than these primadonnas who think that the world owes them something just because they are good at football.

They're all talented, on different levels yes, granted, but if they were not talented they would not be playing in the premier league. Having a good attitude and an appreciation for what has been granted upon them, having good humour and humility, that is a wonderful bonus.

I really do wish other players would take note because, as with Ronaldo (hock spit), attitude really can taint a good player.

Hope he plays today. Fabio, that is, not the greasy one. Obviously.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2009, 10:26:31 am by Daranoza »
Blank.

Offline sivapc

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1655 on: March 22, 2009, 01:16:34 pm »
Man i'm in love with Fabio now. What makes me love him so much is that he always turns up for the big games. He is usually amazing against Arsenal and last week he completely neutralized Ronaldo (and then Wayne Looney). My girlfriend is a big fan of Scums and she was saying before the match that Ronaldo was going to rape Fabio.. I just smiled and said Fabio is just as good as Evra.. She lol'd hard.

And wonder how i felt at the end of the match????? Yuppe--doo-doo
Aquilani is the worst signing of all time. Fact

Offline Rotation

• fuck u. Rory's biggest fan.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pepe Reina is a Scouser...
« Reply #1656 on: March 22, 2009, 01:54:24 pm »
He is the fucking man.
ynwa

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #1657 on: March 22, 2009, 01:57:40 pm »
The great thing about our Brazilian left back is he speaks Portuguese and can tell the plastic one just what a fucking diver he is without the ref knowing what the hell he said. ;)

Had him in his back pocket all day too. ;D
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline Rotation

• fuck u. Rory's biggest fan.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pepe Reina is a Scouser...
« Reply #1658 on: March 22, 2009, 02:00:06 pm »
The great thing about our Brazilian left back is he speaks Portuguese and can tell the plastic one just what a fucking diver he is without the ref knowing what the hell he said. ;)

Had him in his back pocket all day too. ;D
Someone on another forum started a thread titled: "Fabio Aurelio Arrested Outside of Old Trafford". I thought in horror that he had pulled a Stevie only to read that the reason was for having Cristiano Ronaldo in his back pocket.

Made me chuckle.
ynwa

Offline Mystery

• Main Stander
  • Clear eyes, full hearts, can't lose
« Reply #1659 on: March 22, 2009, 02:09:44 pm »
I've always been a great fan of Fabio - most because I love his type of players; Smart players with good technique. I always wanted to see him and Kewell on the left hand side. I'm not going to bring up Kewell here, but he was always one of my favourite players despite his injuries.

Back to Fabio; One of the best left-backs in the league IMHO. Yeah, sure you've got the likes of Evra and Cole, but still I expect a left back to grab a couple of goals in a season and if I'm not wrong Fabio has got two goals and five assists this season. Clichy have 0 goals and 0 assists, and Evra has got two assists or so.

Fabio's defending is class as well and I've always been much more comfortable with the line-up when he was starting instead of Riise. He keeps posession so well and hardly put a foot wrong (Tho this wasn't the case in his first season here if I remember correctly).

If he could keep clear of injuries, I think we will see the real Fabio Aurelio and he's even better than he was against Man United. When he played CM for us last month he proved that he's an intelligent footballer who can become a key member of our squad for the rest of the season..
Show Me a Good Loser And I’ll Show You a Loser

Offline itsgunnabebarnes!

• Neghead. hard and gagging. Will never be Barnes
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1660 on: March 22, 2009, 04:56:54 pm »
hes on top of his game it seems to me. very impressive.
'Tramps like us, baby we were born to run!'

Offline irishred1991

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT 96, YNWA
« Reply #1661 on: March 22, 2009, 06:36:03 pm »
hes on top of his game it seems to me. very impressive.

agreed
Liverpool is our religion,
Anfield is our church,
The Kop is our choir,
Fowler is our God.

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #1662 on: March 22, 2009, 06:37:58 pm »
Very impressive of lately, may it long continue! When he's injury free, he's an awesome player.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline vincenzo524

• Main Stander
« Reply #1663 on: March 22, 2009, 07:18:19 pm »
Been superb of late, great passing, awareness and solid defensively. The free kick at Grayskull was a cherry on top of an already delicious cake.

Offline Uhoh AureliOs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fabio!
« Reply #1664 on: March 22, 2009, 08:36:08 pm »
Here's some free kicks from Rogerio Ceni. He's the Mr. Miyagi to Fabio's karate kid.... or something. (mentioned in the interview above - played against us when we played Sao Paulo last)

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/lVDW20NyYEQ&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/lVDW20NyYEQ&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1</a>

Looks like that's where Fabio gets his technique.

And free kick taking goalee? Fucking ace.

Offline Neil D

• The new Kop pin-up model. Met Momo in the ASDA.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1665 on: March 25, 2009, 12:15:27 am »
Fabio!

Was boss against Villa. Especially that crunching tackle.

Offline DaveCharlie

• RAWK Hidden Gem #1
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Former Formbyite, in Australia, was back, now NZ
« Reply #1666 on: March 25, 2009, 12:26:48 am »
Liverpool is land of the free agents...
That summer I went to the Olympics and then moved to Spain. So everything you do you start to think, ‘If my dad had been there to see that . . .  he said.http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/premier_league/article5950175.ece

Shit... I just realised I saw Aurelio play live in those Olympics in Brisbane - never clicked before, I was probably paying more attention to Ronaldinho and Alex at the time. Saw Eto'o too, but he wasn't exactly ripping them apart at that time.

Offline Car

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1667 on: March 25, 2009, 02:31:59 am »
Fabio Aurelio, makes Ronaldo look shit..
"We've got a great team spirit - It doesn't matter how many goals we go down, we'll keep fighting till the end." Steven Gerrard.

Offline Red_in_Holland

• arl arse
  • Legacy Fan
  • Attack is the best defense.. btw we have both
« Reply #1668 on: April 14, 2009, 10:35:41 pm »
Well done, Fabio lad.

Some never doubted yer.. some.. errr.. did.  Some have the bollocks to admit they were wrong, some..err.. won't.

Stay fit lad, just stay fit for us.

Just thought I would resurrect  that post after his fkin superb hit tonight..

I hope the Aurelio nay fkin sayers will now finally fkin admit they have got it totally wrong.

This lad is our lb for years to come.   Lets just hope he has beaten that fkin awful injury jinx he has had.

As Cech marshalled his defense for that freekick.. I thought fkin hell, Garry Mac would go for that.. and Fabio did !!

Fuckin SUPERB strike.
Los Rojos Conquistadores
"It's good to have a challenge in training. If you play against one of the best strikers in the Premier League almost everyday, that can only help you when the game comes around each weekend."

Asked if he had worked out how to stop Torres, Hyypia added: "I'm working on it, I'm working on it.

Online Gus 1855

• GusMcLean is a direct descendent of wee Jimmy the Jock McSporran, son of Ally McLeod, voted best Flower of Scotland performer 2003. Changed name in hope of attracting Bridesmaid but he's still Scottish as a Glaswegian deep fried Haggis
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1669 on: April 14, 2009, 10:37:46 pm »

I thought he was excellent going forward tonight, but tired a hell of a lot in the final 1/4 of the game. To be expected, but a shame.

Cracking delivery from set pieces all game, and a very very clever goal.
It looks to me as if we have signed another 'average' player. I'll hold back my complete opinion until I see the lad play

Offline Lady_brandybuck

• Duchess of Crackers, Mermaid of the Caribbean Sea and Amazon goddess (Current Empress of Tenochtitlan)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Available for parties and dinners.
« Reply #1670 on: April 14, 2009, 10:56:33 pm »
Another great goal today, well done Fabio... Hope he improve for the game against arsenal.
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies"

Offline choi

• of sex.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Toto
« Reply #1671 on: April 14, 2009, 10:58:20 pm »
Gary macca in disguise

Offline The Infamous_LFC

• Doubting Thommo.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1672 on: April 14, 2009, 10:58:40 pm »
Thought he was limping at one point but he seemed alright after it.

Sublime game intelligence and technique to pull that off.

Offline USC19Babel

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1673 on: April 14, 2009, 11:00:00 pm »
Really stunning on the goal, but he wasn't that solid in defence again.

Offline buzzing

• Fart bottling, Men and Motors watching, meat washing scaffold erector.
  • Legacy Fan
  • R.I.P
« Reply #1674 on: April 14, 2009, 11:01:28 pm »
Played well. Put in some poor crosses at times, but a good game over all
"You have to admire animals. Hamster spun round in a wheel three times bigger than him and abruptly lands on his back. Then just gets up and carries on as if nothing happened! If that was a human he'd be helicoptered to hospital, off work for 6 months have back issues for 20 years and then start legal proceedings against the wheels owner"

Offline stevenl

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1675 on: April 14, 2009, 11:02:31 pm »
Great going forward, but thought he had a bit of a shocker defensively, like the first leg.

Still love the guy though. Fantastic technical ability.

Offline Bob Loblaw

• Could be John Giles, or his agent.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1676 on: April 14, 2009, 11:03:24 pm »
Prefer Insua.

Offline Fanxxxxtastic

• Will be very sadly missed on RAWK and elsewhere.
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm a proud cyber terrorist!
« Reply #1677 on: April 14, 2009, 11:04:34 pm »
That was a wonderfully intelligent freekick he took.  Fucking loved it!
http://twitter.com/Fanxxxxtastic

"A big heart has space for everyone" - Rafa Benitez

Smash the cull!  Smash the BNP!

Offline kkhaku

• Kaladze
  • Legacy Fan
  • Twitter: k_rrar
« Reply #1678 on: April 14, 2009, 11:09:23 pm »
Great going forward, but thought he had a bit of a shocker defensively, like the first leg.

What bothered me about it wasn't his lack of defensive ability - it was actually down to laziness or maybe lack of fitness. He could've easily cut off Anelka's cross. He was jogging back to the area when they scored their 3rd goal...and was really slow to get back to his man after making the initial tackle for their 4th goal.

Unacceptable for me - especially considering the circumstances.

Amazing technical ability though. Something we've been crying out for.
"God is dead." - Freidrich Nietzsche, 1882
"Nietzsche is dead." - God, 1900

Offline rossipersempre

• On the lookuyt for a new winger since 2007 BC. Prodigal, Son.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1679 on: April 14, 2009, 11:11:21 pm »
Sublime game intelligence and technique
If only we could bottle that and apply in other areas.....*sigh*

I think the two FKs summed up the teams' respective styles;

Fabio's = stealth-like cunning, creative to the point of genius and nervelessly executed with lethal precision. A pleasure to behold.

That otherwise dodgy CB of theirs = brute force strike (with a bit of hit and hope thrown in, see also a certain ginger Norwegian), and a slice of luck (not to get a deflection). Effective certainly but not beautiful.

Crap, I'm starting to sound like Arsene Voyeur now. Ah I don't care. I know which team any neutral out there would have been inspired by tonight and it wasn't a bunch of mercenary twats in blue that's for sure.
My scouse, the often busted but seldom battered Mr Flabby Whore Alien. Who will not send in cottoned wool, bubbled rap, shiny sliver spaced blanket and sum beefy Bovril to keep it warm and safe and snag as bag in a rag? Oh Whore yours is a sweeter leftish peg