Author Topic: Liverpool 0-0 Man United: Half-time...  (Read 205134 times)

Offline tommy LFC

• Despite his sophistication, intelligence, wit, charm and extraordinary good looks, nobody wanted to give him one...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • VAR is shite.
Re: Liverpool v Manchester United 15th October 12:45
« Reply #40 on: October 3, 2011, 11:02:09 pm »
United's play is too open this season. Norwich and Basel showed if you attack them you will create chances. Suarez will cause havoc.

On another note, why wasn't Ferdinand picked for England? Personal reasons, being rested or was he dropped?
Let us never forget Rafael Benitez and what he did for us. A fighter full of guts and passion. A gentleman full of class and dignity. A football manager full of intelligence and pure genius. A Legend.
Adios Rafa, buena suerte.

Some people say I'm a dreamer...

Offline Rohit

• nol
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #41 on: October 3, 2011, 11:02:40 pm »
United's play is too open this season. Norwich and Basel showed if you attack them you will create chances. Suarez will cause havoc.

On another note, why wasn't Ferdinand picked for England? Personal reasons, being rested or was he dropped?

Because he has been shit most probably.

Offline anfieldpurch

• Simple
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 96!!
« Reply #42 on: October 3, 2011, 11:05:09 pm »
I think we can beat them, We can get up in their faces and they will struggle, it's been seen of late.

Bellamy for Downing
Gerrard for Carroll

:D

Fast paced start and we can stick 3 or 4 past them. De Gea has been prone to errors and I think he will cock up here
Proud father to Riley James Lucas 16/3/17

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #43 on: October 3, 2011, 11:05:28 pm »
Lets not get too over-confident over this one. This will be a tough game and they wont underestimate us like they did with Basle and Norwich. They will be well up for this.

Offline fernANDDDo

• Main Stander
« Reply #44 on: October 3, 2011, 11:06:07 pm »
I think Basle showed nicely how suspect their defence can be without Vidic. We need Carroll to bully Evans in the air and Suarez to trick his way past Jones and show his inexperience. Our best shot at winning is through the middle as their flanks are stronger than ours IMO
"Give yourselves the chance to become heroes."

Offline tommy LFC

• Despite his sophistication, intelligence, wit, charm and extraordinary good looks, nobody wanted to give him one...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • VAR is shite.
« Reply #45 on: October 3, 2011, 11:07:46 pm »
I think we can beat them, We can get up in their faces and they will struggle, it's been seen of late.

Bellamy for Downing
Gerrard for Carroll

:D

Fast paced start and we can stick 3 or 4 past them. De Gea has been prone to errors and I think he will cock up here

Absolutley no way should Carroll be dropped. Gerrard for Adam, although wouldn't be surprised if he came off the bench again.
Let us never forget Rafael Benitez and what he did for us. A fighter full of guts and passion. A gentleman full of class and dignity. A football manager full of intelligence and pure genius. A Legend.

Offline Rohit

• nol
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46 on: October 3, 2011, 11:07:46 pm »
I think Basle showed nicely how suspect their defence can be without Vidic. We need Carroll to bully Evans in the air and Suarez to trick his way past Jones and show his inexperience. Our best shot at winning is through the middle as their flanks are stronger than ours IMO

Not really. to be honest carroll isn't really dominate in the air anyway and if its one thing united defense don't like its the ball in behind the back four.

Offline HiroProtagonist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47 on: October 3, 2011, 11:11:00 pm »
I'm actually nervous about this one. Mostly because of the international break and the lack of Danny Agger at the back.

Offline cim-pim-param

• cim-pim-param, chim-chim-chiroo
  • Legacy Fan
  • woOt
« Reply #48 on: October 3, 2011, 11:14:08 pm »
Would really like to see Maxi get a start for this one.
To Be Or NoT To Be?! ravelizard
 http://www.thezeitgeistmovement.com/

Offline joezydudek

• Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #49 on: October 3, 2011, 11:14:14 pm »
I'm actually nervous about this one. Mostly because of the international break and the lack of Danny Agger at the back.

Is there not a chance Agger might be back for it? Thought he was already in light training, though admittedly that might not mean his ribs will necessarily be ready for full contact by then.

Offline Saint Kopite

• but Greavesie's in the Main Stand
  • Legacy Fan
  • “By what right does the wolf judge the lion?”
« Reply #50 on: October 3, 2011, 11:14:32 pm »
I think both Agger and Glen would be back.

Kenny mentioned they are back in training. So, I guess they will be fit for the match. Anyways, I think we'll defeat them. We have The King afterall.  :)
A Liverbird upon my chest, we are the men of Shankly's best. A team that plays the Liverpool way, and wins the championship in May.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #51 on: October 3, 2011, 11:14:40 pm »
Think we can really open them up if they play like they have this season.  Trouble is, their front 4 will be incredibly difficult to keep out for 90 minutes.

It'll probably end up 0-0.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline Big Dirk

• But with Little Harnds. One of these is incorrerct.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Belfast Red
« Reply #52 on: October 3, 2011, 11:14:50 pm »
Agger is back in training,hopefully De Gay will fall to pieces in front of the Kop.
Born a Red-Live a Red-Die a Red

Offline Fuzion6

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #53 on: October 3, 2011, 11:14:58 pm »
Gerrard and Adam should dominate the middle - we could really control this game. Get Carroll on Phil Jones - great player but he is poor in the air. Crouch dominated him

Offline Austin Powers

• Fuk Mi? Fuk Yu!
  • Kopite
« Reply #54 on: October 3, 2011, 11:19:09 pm »
The game will be decided on the wings imo.
If Johnson/Kelly can keep out Young and Enrique can keep out Nani then I think we stand a very good chance of winning

Offline downtown

• abbewy
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Sarina
« Reply #55 on: October 3, 2011, 11:29:56 pm »
I think the first 11 really picks itself with only a couple of quesitons:

Reina
Kelly
Carra
Agger
Enrique
Lucas
Gerrard
Suarez
Kuyt
Downing

Those are cert to start IMO

Leaving the 11th player between either Adam or Carroll. do we want 4-2-2-2 or 4-5-1.

Crouch destroyed their back line in the end last week at Britannia, and especially if Vidic isn't there, they'll struggle with DDG not being the best there.
On the other hand, If they drop their usual 4-4-2, and play 4-5-1 with Rooney as lone striker, and we play 4-2-2-2, we may struggle.

It's kenny's call.

Offline JoeH

• Slightly obsessed with things up the bum - thinks it's funny.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #56 on: October 3, 2011, 11:30:11 pm »
The game will be decided on the wings ref imo.
If they dont have Howard Webb, we could potentially slaughter them like the pigs they are

Fixed that  ;)

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #57 on: October 3, 2011, 11:32:53 pm »
I have a good feeling about this game.

But I will be shocked if they play as open against us as they did against Norwich.

Bring it on.

Shame it's not this weekend.
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline tommy LFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • VAR is shite.
« Reply #58 on: October 3, 2011, 11:32:58 pm »
Is Aurelio fit? Would start him left midfield, would really help combat Nani / Young and his delivery would cause problem for them without Vidic.

Offline Austin Powers

• Fuk Mi? Fuk Yu!
  • Kopite
« Reply #59 on: October 3, 2011, 11:34:08 pm »

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #60 on: October 3, 2011, 11:39:08 pm »
At them from the get go, don't let them settle, tackle hard, get their back four turning and above all, have confidence. Pretty much like every other time we have beaten them.

Don't do all these things and we'll get beat, because you can't out spawn the masters of spawn.
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline LFC when it suits

• Not got a fucking clue. Life is well, a bit of a long time. And that unconditional support thing can be a bit of a drag. Something better may come along. circumscribed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61 on: October 3, 2011, 11:41:04 pm »
Want to say that we will beat them and we definately can, but the law of averages seems to say that they are due a victory as we have been getting the better of them in the last few seasons.

Offline tommy LFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • VAR is shite.
« Reply #62 on: October 3, 2011, 11:43:56 pm »
Want to say that we will beat them and we definately can, but the law of averages seems to say that they are due a victory as we have been getting the better of them in the last few seasons.

They beat us twice last seaon, we beat them once. If anything, the law of averages says it should be a draw, this game has rarely ended in a draw in recent years.

Offline Chivasino

• educated whopper
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63 on: October 3, 2011, 11:45:24 pm »
I would be tempted to start with the same team that finished against the bitters. Maybe Downing for Bellamy.

The thing with Gerrard is that he was building his match fitness game by game and now he has two weeks without a game. Can he start against the Mancs? Will be a tough decision for Kenny.

Offline Number 7

• Gegenpresser
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • And the sweet silver song of a lark..
« Reply #64 on: October 3, 2011, 11:47:00 pm »
Our entire defensive line is not involved in any internationals. So the defense should be well rested.

Johnson-Carragher-Agger-Enrique
YWNA

Offline LFC when it suits

• Not got a fucking clue. Life is well, a bit of a long time. And that unconditional support thing can be a bit of a drag. Something better may come along. circumscribed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #65 on: October 3, 2011, 11:47:26 pm »
They beat us twice last seaon, we beat them once. If anything, the law of averages says it should be a draw, this game has rarely ended in a draw in recent years.

I was thinking more in the league. Since the season where we finished second, they beat us once and we beat them quite a few time times and we actually owned them badly with the 4-1 at OT and the 3-0 last season.

Offline campioni

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #66 on: October 3, 2011, 11:49:25 pm »
I don't think ferguson will make the same mistake as last season with their midfield. We won comfortably at anfield last season by completly dominating in midfield and we'll need to do the same again. If we go with two in centre midfield I think we would be better off with spearing and Lucas. Spearing will not let them settle and give Lucas a bit more freedom by protecting the back four. Unlikely kenny will drop Adam for spearing though.

Also, I wouldn't be surprised to see us play 5 in midfield with gerrard (if fully fit) given the responsibility of supporting Carroll or Suarez.

Offline Azi

• eckerslike
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67 on: October 3, 2011, 11:51:34 pm »
I would be tempted to start with the same team that finished against the bitters. Maybe Downing for Bellamy.

The thing with Gerrard is that he was building his match fitness game by game and now he has two weeks without a game. Can he start against the Mancs? Will be a tough decision for Kenny.

which is why a wouldn't have been bothered if Gerrard was to get 45 mins for England

Offline Chivasino

• educated whopper
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #68 on: October 3, 2011, 11:58:12 pm »
which is why a wouldn't have been bothered if Gerrard was to get 45 mins for England

Same here mate. Or started and got 60 minutes.

Offline Cruiser

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #69 on: October 4, 2011, 12:04:36 am »
We normally blow them away at Anfield but this season we've looked quite toothless without Gerrard or Bellamy so at least one has to start or I can't share the same confidence as others on here. Utd have been extremely clinical this season and we have to do everything to ensure our attack puts our chances away.

Reina

Kelly     Carra      Agger   Enrique

Lucas      Adam

Kuyt            Gerrard        Downing

Suarez

I think we'll edge this 2-1
If he retires I'll eat my fucking cock.

Great anti climax for those expecting jizzihno....

Offline stevieG786

• Prefers bottom.
  • Legacy Fan
  • AWWW YA BEAUTY!!
« Reply #70 on: October 4, 2011, 12:26:08 am »
                                    Reina

Carra          Agger
          Johnson                                    Enrique

Lucas            Adam

Stevie

Kuyt                                       Suarez
                                   Carrol

Offline stevieG786

• Prefers bottom.
  • Legacy Fan
  • AWWW YA BEAUTY!!
« Reply #71 on: October 4, 2011, 12:32:40 am »
also i hope the midfield of Anderson and Cleverley :lmao plays against Stevie and co, we'll dominate with ease

Offline jaffod

• Living a double life as Billy Bunter after midnight. Has until July 3rd to figure out what from his womans clothing range to wear.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Common beermat and towel thief.
« Reply #72 on: October 4, 2011, 12:32:44 am »
Attack them, they don't like it up 'em. Just wish Suarez and Lucas weren't in South America midweek. :butt

Offline anfieldpurch

• Simple
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 96!!
« Reply #73 on: October 4, 2011, 12:36:13 am »
I was thinking more in the league the 3-0 last season.
Finished 3-1 to us at anfield and we lost 3-2 at Old Trafford
Proud father to Riley James Lucas 16/3/17

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Southern Pansy
« Reply #74 on: October 4, 2011, 12:39:48 am »
I predict 3 red card challenges on Suarez to go unpunished after a fortnight of build-up concentrating on supposed diving. I don't expect to hear a word about the actual laws of the game, or the other red card worthy tackles in the Derby.

I also predict a watershed moment. Rather than a made up nonsense story about Torres or Gerrard, this is the start of a new era. There will be a dodgy Suarez story filling up the back pages. I feel the torch may have passed and we get a whole fresh new wave of bullshit in the run up to Manc's games.
« Last Edit: October 4, 2011, 12:47:22 am by Southern Pansy »

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #75 on: October 4, 2011, 12:43:52 am »
Actually cant pick a team for this, too many questions to answer in regards to the starting 11. Whos going to be fit to play ? Will Glen be back by then, and will Agger ? Is stevie ready to start ? If he does should he play AM or CM alongside Lucas ? Who should play on the left, Suarez, Bellamy or Downing ? One up front or two ? What formation ? Its good to have (most of) these problems in the side

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #76 on: October 4, 2011, 12:55:01 am »
Waiting a week for the derby was bad, waiting a fortnight for this will be hell. Beating Everton then hopefully beating these will be a massive shot in the arm for us, and there is no reason we can't beat them. I'll say it again like I do every time I mention them : IF YOU ATTACK THEM YOU WILL SCORE GOALS. It's simple. They are weak as piss at the back and I totally expect Lucas, fitness permitting, to have another stormer like he has the past several times he has against them. Adam will probably maintain his place and he needs to maintain his discipline and dicate play.

Bellamy is a must for me, an absolute must. Him and Kuyt on he flanks will be just what we need to combat them on the wings; Dirk with his work ethic doubling up and Bellamy as a counter-attacking outlet when needed. Bellamy will get right at them and they don't like that. Our possible back four will be fresh as fuck as none of them have been called up ( Johnson if fit, or Kelly, Carra, Agger should be fit and Jose ) . The big question is Suarez, and he if he plays 90 minutes twice in the run up I can't see us starting him.

I reckon Downing will be on the bench, I dunno why I just think Bellamy will start and Kuyt is also a cert in these big games, especially after netting three in march against them ( P.S has that poster who's name evades me shagged a labrador yet? ).

Now onto Gerrard. He will be biting Kennys ears off at Melwood for two weeks and he will be hard at it keeping up his fitness. I think he will start, maybe just furthest forward of three central midfielders and suppling Andy. Do the ressies play during Internationals? If they do I can see him getting at least 45 minutes in a run out to creep his fitness up.

FWIW, I think we will go with this :

Reina

Johnson     Carragher     Agger     Enrique

Lucas
                                    Adam
                     Gerrard 

Kuyt             Carroll           Bellamy

Suarez, Downing, Henderson, Maxi - all great options off the bench. We will beat these fuckers. 3-0.

Offline AnfieldRD19

• Not worried at all about his manbuddy.
  • Kopite
  • YNWA
« Reply #77 on: October 4, 2011, 12:59:18 am »
                                   Reina
Kelly                    Agger        Carragher                  Enrique

Lucas

Kuyt                                                                   Downing

Gerrard

Suarez      Carroll

Offline AnfieldRD19

• Not worried at all about his manbuddy.
  • Kopite
  • YNWA
« Reply #78 on: October 4, 2011, 01:02:01 am »

FWIW, I think we will go with this :

Reina

Johnson     Carragher     Agger     Enrique

Lucas
                                    Adam
                     Gerrard 

Kuyt             Carroll           Bellamy

Suarez, Downing, Henderson, Maxi - all great options off the bench. We will beat these fuckers. 3-0.

Why the fuck would Kenny not start our best player against the best team in the EPL right now?

Offline reds88

• Kopite
« Reply #79 on: October 4, 2011, 01:03:28 am »
May have to start Suarez from the bench in this as he'll be fucked from the travelling IMO.

Suarez will be raring to go against United tired or not.  He won't be a happy camper sitting on the bench.