Author Topic: FAN UPDATE - Ticketing changes to reduce touting - discussion and ideas  (Read 226757 times)

Offline Always_A_Red

• Legacy Fan
  • The reds are coming up the hill boys
Re: Ticketing changes to reduce touting - discussion and ideas
« Reply #1400 on: November 16, 2019, 08:22:07 pm »
Mad how the world is different to the 1970s.

Can only imagine what it will be like in 2060.
We’ll still finish in top four - and they won’t. You can quote me on this in May.

Offline fowler_dk

• Kemlynite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1401 on: November 18, 2019, 08:08:57 pm »
Does anyone know when the ticket office will open on the day of the game against Brighton? My photo ID went through the first time but my husbands have failed 2 x 6 times with the same background and camera so he will have to get to the ticket office to have his passport verified. he would like to go early so he does not end in an hour long queue of people with ticket issues and other people that needs have their ID verified for the fan update.

Offline Shanklygates

• This is not a Custom Title.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #1402 on: November 18, 2019, 08:26:25 pm »
Usually 9.30am on a match day
We are a team of one half.

Offline fowler_dk

• Kemlynite
« Reply #1403 on: November 19, 2019, 07:26:55 am »
Usually 9.30am on a match day

Thank you. He will go and get the verification done before going to the pubs then.

Offline ant

• Legacy Fan
  • Spread the faith - YNWA !!!
    • OLSC - France
« Reply #1404 on: November 20, 2019, 07:53:02 am »
hello graham,

any clarity on new members cards being issued after the fan update is validated ?

are members who validate their cards getting new cards for 2020 or is it just members who change their details who will be getting new cards and if so whats the drill for recieving them please !

YNWA
www.liverpoolfrance.com - The home of Liverpool fans in France.

Get down to 1 of our 2 pubs in Paris, Lush Bar or Kop Bar, for all the Red's games on the tele :
http://www.liverpoolfrance.com/ou-voir-les-reds/

TRADE COUNT WHEN WE HAD A TICKET EXCHANGE : 24

Offline RebeccaLFC

• Kopite
« Reply #1405 on: November 20, 2019, 08:33:04 am »
hello graham,

any clarity on new members cards being issued after the fan update is validated ?

are members who validate their cards getting new cards for 2020 or is it just members who change their details who will be getting new cards and if so whats the drill for recieving them please !

YNWA

This is from the email that confirms successful validation;

Your existing season ticket or members smartcard will remain active for the 2019/20 season.

If you renew your season ticket or membership for the 2020/21 season, you will receive a new smartcard in June 2020

Offline ant

• Legacy Fan
    • OLSC - France
« Reply #1406 on: November 20, 2019, 09:12:07 am »
cheers RebeccaLFC, not got the mail from LFC yet - YNWA !

Get down to 1 of our 2 pubs in Paris, Lush Bar or Kop Bar, for all the Red's games on the tele :

Offline RebeccaLFC

• Kopite
« Reply #1407 on: November 20, 2019, 09:17:32 am »
cheers RebeccaLFC, not got the mail from LFC yet - YNWA !

No worries mate!

Offline lfc_michael

• Main Stander
« Reply #1408 on: November 20, 2019, 03:26:14 pm »
For anyone who's not had the email to confirm verification, I rang LFC yesterday and they re-sent it immediately. It turned up in my junk folder, so worth calling them and then checking your junk (if need be) should you want written proof (which I do!).

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1409 on: November 20, 2019, 03:30:40 pm »
For anyone who's not had the email to confirm verification, I rang LFC yesterday and they re-sent it immediately. It turned up in my junk folder, so worth calling them and then checking your junk (if need be) should you want written proof (which I do!).

Always worth doing
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Online Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1410 on: November 20, 2019, 03:55:19 pm »

You can do it by logging in if you havent had the email
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline ant

• Legacy Fan
    • OLSC - France
« Reply #1411 on: November 20, 2019, 06:39:15 pm »
rang the club today to ask for help with some special characters like ç, à, é, è and ô in names and the lady said they know of issues not validating clear photos and are looking into adapting the software to recognise these things.

Offline Campioni 84

• Kemlynite
« Reply #1412 on: November 21, 2019, 06:24:19 pm »
Finally got around to doing my Membership transfer request, club sent me a link a couple of weeks ago but I wanted to wait until after the Bulk Sales.

Sounds like club firstly check my Fan Update has gone through then contact my mate who then does his own Fan Update & that should (fingers crossed) be that. Next for the biggie to hopefully get the Season ticket I’ve been using for 16 years into my name.

Offline ballyhalbertred

• Kemlynite
« Reply #1413 on: November 22, 2019, 01:22:47 pm »
Appreciate the registration is still ongoing for members with 13+ from last season and then ST holders. I've been on the European ACS since back in Europa League but only got to 1 PL game in the past couple of years. Is there any idea when the rest of members will need to go on and verify their details?

Offline courty61

• Legacy Fan
  • Never Buy The S*n
« Reply #1414 on: November 22, 2019, 03:01:04 pm »
Graham - has there been any comment from the club re priority rights holders for cup games?

As in if the PRH also has a membership/ST will they be restricted to 1 ticket?
77, 78, 81, 84, 05, 19

Offline Graham Smith

• Squealer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS Vice Chair - Former Chair LFC S/Committee
« Reply #1415 on: November 23, 2019, 11:47:23 am »
Graham - has there been any comment from the club re priority rights holders for cup games?

As in if the PRH also has a membership/ST will they be restricted to 1 ticket?

I think they will keep the consistency and it will be one name per ticket/card/PRM.
Hunt Bromley got Ringo

@GPS1892

Offline GDGLEWIS

• Main Stander
« Reply #1416 on: November 23, 2019, 12:01:57 pm »
PRH Holders will still be allowed to have more than one ticket per name, as that was what was agreed when there shares got bought out, and I would suspect PRH rights are also non transferable.

Offline MKB

• Martin
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1417 on: November 23, 2019, 12:28:47 pm »
The PRH information I had from the Club was:

- Do not attempt to remove the PRH suffix from your surname, even though it tells you it must match your surname exactly.
- Do not bother with the online Fan Update, as it won't work because of the name mismatch.
- Take your id to the Ticket Office and have it done manually.

Offline GDGLEWIS

• Main Stander
« Reply #1418 on: November 23, 2019, 06:14:50 pm »
The PRH information I had from the Club was:

- Do not attempt to remove the PRH suffix from your surname, even though it tells you it must match your surname exactly.
- Do not bother with the online Fan Update, as it won't work because of the name mismatch.
- Take your id to the Ticket Office and have it done manually.
did they say you lose wrights to second tickets

Offline bertiemee

• Anny Roader
  • The Anny Road Aggro
« Reply #1419 on: November 23, 2019, 07:12:51 pm »

Hopefully

Offline ScubaSteve

• Sworn enemy of SnorkelStephanie
  • Legacy Fan
  • Every other Saturday's me half day off......
« Reply #1420 on: November 23, 2019, 07:45:30 pm »
I think they will keep the consistency and it will be one name per ticket/card/PRM.

I really hope that’s the case!! Only fair

Offline MKB

• Martin
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1421 on: November 24, 2019, 11:50:56 am »

No I've not been told that, but I got them to merge the "PRH 1" account they created for me into my normal member's account a few years ago as I didn't think it right that I should get my PRH benefit on top of my loyalty entitlements.  Getting guaranteed cup homes and finals for myself is a big enough perk without trying to get another ticket on top.  I see no legal reason why the Club should allow these benefits to be cumulative.

Obviously it's different for PRH2, PRH3 and PRH4 accounts where former shareholders are guaranteed 2, 3 or 4 tickets, but I suspect there aren't many of them as they required big shareholdings.

Offline Luke 17

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1422 on: November 24, 2019, 06:28:05 pm »
Just tried to do one of my mates fan update and it reckons he has a duplicate membership. He reckons it might of been from an old account on .tv years ago that he used to watch the friendly's on. Presume he just needs to ring up to get it removed?

Offline ant

• Legacy Fan
    • OLSC - France
« Reply #1423 on: November 26, 2019, 01:41:03 pm »
This is from the email that confirms successful validation;

Your existing season ticket or members smartcard will remain active for the 2019/20 season.

If you renew your season ticket or membership for the 2020/21 season, you will receive a new smartcard in June 2020

got this e-mail from LFC :

LFC Fan Update Completed

LFC Fan Update Verified 

Thank you for completing your Fan Update validation. 

A member of our team has now approved your validation, and no further action is required. Your existing Season Ticket or Members' smartcard will remain active for the 2019/20 season.

We look forward to seeing you soon. 
Liverpool Football Club

Offline willss

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1424 on: November 26, 2019, 09:18:59 pm »
Anyone done a transfer yet? The club seem to be getting more reluctant to grant the transfer even after the card holder rang up and agreed to it.  They aren’t being helpful with his problem fan update either. They were talking today about extensions and decision panels. They massively tied themselves in knots with this.

The girl today admitted some of the situations leave her speechless.  Wait until they start on the season tickets.

Online wewonit5timesinistanbul

• Kopite
« Reply #1425 on: November 26, 2019, 10:01:20 pm »
I've completed a fan card transfer. Dead straight forward mate who I transferred it to has uploaded driving liscence and had a verified email

Online cmulls5

• Kopite
« Reply #1426 on: November 26, 2019, 10:03:34 pm »
I've completed a fan card transfer. Dead straight forward mate who I transferred it to has uploaded driving liscence and had a verified email

Did they provide a new card with the new name straight away? or waiting till the new smartcards next season to update

Offline courty61

• Legacy Fan
  • Never Buy The S*n
« Reply #1427 on: November 26, 2019, 10:05:25 pm »
Anyone done a transfer yet? The club seem to be getting more reluctant to grant the transfer even after the card holder rang up and agreed to it.  They aren’t being helpful with his problem fan update either. They were talking today about extensions and decision panels. They massively tied themselves in knots with this.

The girl today admitted some of the situations leave her speechless.  Wait until they start on the season tickets.

Was this your experience or what you have heard?
77, 78, 81, 84, 05, 19

Online wewonit5timesinistanbul

• Kopite
« Reply #1428 on: November 26, 2019, 10:06:19 pm »
No they have said my mate wil get new card next season.  Hopefully they haven't fucked anything up. When I check fan update site his name dob and email show correct but doesn't show u an address. When I log into ticket site all the details are still mine address as well

Online cmulls5

• Kopite
« Reply #1429 on: November 26, 2019, 10:07:26 pm »
No they have said my mate wil get new card next season.  Hopefully they haven't fucked anything up. When I check fan update site his name dob and email show correct but doesn't show u an address. When I log into ticket site all the details are still mine address as well
Sound cheers.

Offline willss

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1430 on: November 27, 2019, 09:44:42 am »
The key issue is the cardholder has changed names himself. They are making him call the club, send emails and jump through hoops. He’s getting pissed off and is likely to lose interest soon, leaving me with a problem.

Offline stefbs

• Main Stander
« Reply #1431 on: November 27, 2019, 09:52:21 am »
Just tried to do one of my mates fan update and it reckons he has a duplicate membership. He reckons it might of been from an old account on .tv years ago that he used to watch the friendly's on. Presume he just needs to ring up to get it removed?

Yes, he has to phone the club. I've had a couple of cards linked to me  from  the past that I haven't used for years. But I had to phone the club several times before someone actually done something and remove the cards. It's a two minutes job but you have to be lucky to speak to the rigth operator

Offline Luke 17

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1432 on: November 27, 2019, 10:53:48 am »
Yes, he has to phone the club. I've had a couple of cards linked to me  from  the past that I haven't used for years. But I had to phone the club several times before someone actually done something and remove the cards. It's a two minutes job but you have to be lucky to speak to the rigth operator

Offline Graham Smith

• Squealer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS Vice Chair - Former Chair LFC S/Committee
« Reply #1433 on: November 27, 2019, 01:48:08 pm »
The key issue is the cardholder has changed names himself. They are making him call the club, send emails and jump through hoops. He’s getting pissed off and is likely to lose interest soon, leaving me with a problem.

Isn't that a problem with the owner not the Club? If the principle of what they are doing is broadly accepted then asking an owner to prove who he is and agree to transfer doesn't seem unreasonable.

(And I'm agnostic about the Update).
Hunt Bromley got Ringo

@GPS1892

Offline ScottishKopite

• Kopite
« Reply #1434 on: November 27, 2019, 01:58:51 pm »
I had tickets for Arsenal at Home earlier in the season was unable to go due to not being well so sold my tickets to a friend of a friend Face Value wasn't looking for profit. I was going to drive down and hotel was booked and due to pay on arrival so never lost a penny what was fine with me. It was their first trip to Anfield so I was more than happy knowing the tickets were going to fans who were desperate to go. The did mention to me to check a few names on Facebook who are selling tickets they come up with the tickets and loads of folk giving good comments but for the Arsenal game the lad was charging £180 quid.  :butt cannot believe these touts are charging that much for a £50 ticket. for tonight game £130 shocking Never used one and never will.

Offline willss

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1435 on: November 27, 2019, 10:38:13 pm »
Isn't that a problem with the owner not the Club? If the principle of what they are doing is broadly accepted then asking an owner to prove who he is and agree to transfer doesn't seem unreasonable.

(And I'm agnostic about the Update).
. He’s proven who his is, via three separate media yet still they want more proof.  It’ll be dna soon

Online noneoftheabove

• Main Stander

Offline Milly B

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT 96
« Reply #1437 on: November 28, 2019, 02:28:26 pm »
How are Liverpool FC tickets openly for sale on stubhub, first time i've seen this, disgraceful at 3x FV.

Offline Shanklygates

• This is not a Custom Title.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #1438 on: November 28, 2019, 02:32:32 pm »
My mate's dad missed out on Villa (despite having 19 for years), so she had a quick look to see if she could find one for him. One of those sites had 28 tickets, including hospitality, costing up to £900! As you say, why are the club not stamping down on those
We are a team of one half.

Offline Hightown Phil

• Loves burgers and men, ideally men on burgers…big fan of the Gormley statues. Turned down a starring role on The Bill.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1439 on: November 28, 2019, 02:53:22 pm »
Banned from the ground? Touts don't go in the ground anyway

Banning orders are far more than 'You can't come in the ground.'

Won't be allowed in town or near the ground for example.