Author Topic: LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD - 2023 (FSG posts = get muted) - No Mbappé  (Read 3090058 times)

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD - 2023 (FSG posts = get muted) - No Mbappé
« Reply #77800 on: March 27, 2024, 11:06:52 pm »
I sort of get the Robinson shouts, since he played quite well against us once, but he's really not a player anyone would class as very good or up to our level.

Like a lot of USA players, his best attributes are physical rather than technical - he's very much an athletic type. Following the Deandre Yedlin sort of archetype.

Players like him and Neco Williams who was mentioned would not improve our squad. I'd even question if it'd be worth adding them to the squad hypothetically for free (but on their current contract with a slight raise for the transfer) given the clear talent levels of some of our young fullbacks.

Offline Garlic Red

• Kopite
  • Pop n crisp
« Reply #77801 on: March 27, 2024, 11:29:15 pm »
He’s English but plays for America. Came through Everton’s academy.

He’s another one I haven’t watched heaps of but have been impressed, he obviously has express pace and that’s always really appealing given how high risk we play. I would hope if we do move for a left back it would be someone with the potential to be world class and eventually succeed Robbo. I’m open to the idea of a different type of full back though, whether we want a winger type like Robbo or someone more comfortable sitting and building play from the back or simply a more defensive full back, it’ll be interesting to see the club’s succession plan for Robbo, assuming it’s not Luke Chambers.

Offline Garlic Red

• Kopite
  • Pop n crisp
« Reply #77802 on: March 27, 2024, 11:46:42 pm »
Liverpool are showing keen interest in one of Ukraine's brightest talents, Georgiy Sudakov. The Reds' scouts have been attentively tracking the 21-year-old central midfielder over the past year, and there's little doubt that they are pleased with the majority of his performances. Juventus and Arsenal are also in the race to secure his services.

In January, Shakhtar CEO Sergey Palkin disclosed that they had turned down a €40m offer from Napoli for his signature. He also expressed confidence that Sudakov will soon be playing for one of Europe's top clubs.

@arturpetrosyan

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #77803 on: March 28, 2024, 12:41:18 am »
I'd have thought a CM of that age would be the last position we'd be looking to strengthen in.
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline classycarra

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #77804 on: March 28, 2024, 01:02:38 am »
@arturpetrosyan
thats a blast from the past. was it him who reported on our attempt to sign Mkhitaryan before he went to Dortmund? Or was it one of the other shaktar guys - Willian, or the one who went to china?

Offline Persephone

• Legacy Fan
  • Who ate all the bloody Pringles?
« Reply #77805 on: March 28, 2024, 06:35:33 am »
I'd have thought a CM of that age would be the last position we'd be looking to strengthen in.
Unless he's a regen of Modric then I doubt it's a legit interest. Klopp did the hard work and rebuilt a very diverse midfield, no need to rip it up next season when defence and attack are the priority. 
I’ve plenty links to the clubs playing and backroom staff as many on here know thank you very much. Fair enough, I admire your optimism. But you’re absolute ostriches if you think this squad, even with 2 or 3 new, “cut price” players with potential get us anywhere close

Offline Garlic Red

• Kopite
  • Pop n crisp
« Reply #77806 on: March 28, 2024, 07:27:31 am »
thats a blast from the past. was it him who reported on our attempt to sign Mkhitaryan before he went to Dortmund? Or was it one of the other shaktar guys - Willian, or the one who went to china?

Think it was Alex Teixeira that went to China wasn’t it. Willian went to Chelsea over us. But yeah, he did report it and appears to be very much in the loop with Shakhtar goings on and has been for years.

Offline Knight

• No one understands football like me.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #77807 on: March 28, 2024, 07:38:25 am »
Unless he's a regen of Modric then I doubt it's a legit interest. Klopp did the hard work and rebuilt a very diverse midfield, no need to rip it up next season when defence and attack are the priority.

A Modric regen playing for us would be glorious. What a player he's been.

Offline Jookie

• Ruptures, then repairs the tears
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muted Al 666's posts for my own sanity
« Reply #77808 on: March 28, 2024, 08:08:50 am »
I think the interesting thing this summer will be the balance of contract renewals and signings. Balance in terms of squad composition but probably more importantly funds.

Matip, Thaigo, Trent, Salah and Van Dijk have contracts expiring in 2025

I think Robertson, Kelleher and Konate have contracts expiring in 2026 (so 2 years left this summer).

Then you have the likes of Diaz, Jones, Elliott, Jota, Gomez who have 3 years left on the deal. But we know Liverpool like to reward players for performance. Would likes of Diaz, Elliot and Gomez be in-line for contract extensions in next 6-12 months? Maybe even Nunez who is still on 1st contract but now a very important 1st team player.

I also think Quansah, Clark and Bradley get new deals on much improved terms.

Depending on how we tackle the above could have a significant impact on wage bill and therefore available funds. I think a lot of people have focused on Edwards and Hughes role in new manager selection and player recruitment. I think the biggest challenge may be around contract renewals and how we deal with likes of Robertson, Van Dijk and Salah in theor 30-33 age range. Additionally, for the younger players, some looking at 1st contract extension at Liverpool, what do the likes of Trent, Konate, Diaz, etc.. want to extend and prolong their career into the prime years at Liverpool?
I think Jookie might just be the best fisherman on this thread.

Offline Jookie

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #77809 on: March 28, 2024, 08:11:59 am »

Unless we think he's a significantly better prospect than players we already have.

If I had to guess I suspect we are always scouting and looking for players for every position. Even if it's not an immediate need in the squa. This could easily be part of that process. We need to be scouting everywhere incase a rare talent emerges or in case we suddenly need midfielders because of injury, sales etc..

Offline amir87

• gay-billeygoat-no-mates with a fetish for water sports. interrogative fingering, and nutella on his plums. possibly with his left phalange.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #77810 on: March 28, 2024, 08:47:24 am »

Might sound like a wild shout but if Mac Allister had the same speed as Modric, he wouldn't be a millions miles off.

Offline Knight

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #77811 on: March 28, 2024, 09:01:03 am »
Might sound like a wild shout but if Mac Allister had the same speed as Modric, he wouldn't be a millions miles off.

Definitely some parallels there.

Offline Garlic Red

• Kopite
  • Pop n crisp
« Reply #77812 on: March 28, 2024, 10:02:43 am »

Was just about to start typing this before scrolling down. Think Lallana said that about him when he was at Brighton didn’t he.

Mac = Modric
Dom = Valverde
Trent = Kroos?  :P

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #77813 on: March 28, 2024, 11:48:15 am »

We signed him in the summer mate. I think it was after the Forest game where I first noticed it. Really do think he's the closest thing we'll see to Modric going forward (despite the fact he's still playing himself). Pretty sure he won't be *that* good but I do think he's one you'd be very surprised with if his best years aren't ahead of him.

Was just about to start typing this before scrolling down. Think Lallana said that about him when he was at Brighton didn’t he.

Mac = Modric
Dom = Valverde

And to think we still have Curtis, Elliot, Gravenberch, Bajcetic all 23 or under. Get the right manager in with his own additions going forward and the post Klopp days might not be so depressing.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2024, 11:51:18 am by disgraced cake »
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline classycarra

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #77814 on: March 28, 2024, 01:54:50 pm »
Matip, Thaigo, Trent, Salah and Van Dijk have contracts expiring in 2025
May be wrong, but think Matip and Thiago's contracts are up this summer

Offline amir87

• gay-billeygoat-no-mates with a fetish for water sports. interrogative fingering, and nutella on his plums. possibly with his left phalange.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #77815 on: March 28, 2024, 01:56:18 pm »

You're correct.

Offline classycarra

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #77816 on: March 28, 2024, 01:57:29 pm »
You're correct.
cheers

broken clock, twice a day etc

Offline Jookie

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #77817 on: March 28, 2024, 03:17:19 pm »

You’re right.

I should have phrased it as those 5 players needing decisions on new contracts or not this summer.

I think Thiago and Matip both leave on frees but you never know.

Offline Persephone

• Legacy Fan
  • Who ate all the bloody Pringles?
« Reply #77818 on: March 28, 2024, 05:22:09 pm »

You’re right.

I should have phrased it as those 5 players needing decisions on new contracts or not this summer.

I think Thiago and Matip both leave on frees but you never know.
With Edwards in charge there is no way those two get new contracts. Joel has had many injuries in his career with us and he'll still have a long road ahead of him before he can even contemplate getting back to full fitness. It took Virg more than 2 years to come back to his level and he's not been injury prone before.

Thiago's body can't handle elite football anymore, it is folly to consider him for a new contract considering his current wages.

I’ve plenty links to the clubs playing and backroom staff as many on here know thank you very much. Fair enough, I admire your optimism. But you’re absolute ostriches if you think this squad, even with 2 or 3 new, “cut price” players with potential get us anywhere close

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #77819 on: March 28, 2024, 06:08:11 pm »

Mac = Modric
Dom = Valverde
Trent's Kroos is better.  :P
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline MightyReds

• Legacy Fan
  • You'll Never Walk Alone
« Reply #77820 on: March 28, 2024, 08:04:56 pm »
What about Alphonso Davies? No link at all. Having a bit of contract stalemate at Bayern, but at the quoted $40million will be beyond our looking for value approach.
He is at a good age with upside, good pace with attacking attributes, play in attacking position for Canada. Defensively he is sound from the limited matches I watched him played.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2024, 08:12:02 pm by MightyReds »
"In my time at Anfield we always said we have the best two teams on Merseyside, Liverpool and Liverpool reserves" - Bill Shankly

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #77821 on: March 28, 2024, 08:07:02 pm »
What about Alphonso Davies? No link at all. Having a bit of contact stalemate at Bayern, but at the quoted $40million will be bring our looking for value approach.
He is at a good age with upside, good pace with attacking attributes, play in attacking position for Canada. Defensively he is sound from the limited matches I watched him played.

He's going to Real.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline MightyReds

• Legacy Fan
  • You'll Never Walk Alone
« Reply #77822 on: March 28, 2024, 08:29:55 pm »
He's going to Real.
Yup from what I read. Just that no links at all so not even a chance we’re interested, unless laptop Eddie is working his magic in the background and we get a surprise signing.
"In my time at Anfield we always said we have the best two teams on Merseyside, Liverpool and Liverpool reserves" - Bill Shankly

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #77823 on: March 28, 2024, 08:53:46 pm »
What about Alphonso Davies? No link at all. Having a bit of contract stalemate at Bayern, but at the quoted $40million will be beyond our looking for value approach.

We have absolutely zero chance of signing him.

Online Asam

• has a mankini
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #77824 on: March 29, 2024, 12:02:47 pm »
We have absolutely zero chance of signing him.

Real is one of the few clubs we can’t compete with, if the player wants money, lifestyle and easy titles it’s hard to win

Online Stockholm Syndrome

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #77825 on: March 29, 2024, 01:42:12 pm »
If we can't get Alonso can we take Frimpong and/or Grimaldo and see how he deals with that adversity  ;D

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #77826 on: March 29, 2024, 04:02:41 pm »
 ;D

Liverpool are interested in BOTH @SportingCP defenders Ousmane Diomande (20) & Goncalo Inácio (22).

[@OJogo]

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #77827 on: March 29, 2024, 04:21:29 pm »
Well, we will need a centre half with Matip probably on his way out. Don't know what either of those are like but maybe Inacio is in that sort of Konate stage where he's got a few good years of experience under his belt, played at a decent level, and has potential to become a really top centre half. Hope he doesn't share the injury prone side that Konate has to his game though.

Do Sporting have anyone else who looks like they can do it at the top level? They have Gyokeres but we're probably alright for a striker, same with Goncalves who's been pretty key for them.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #77828 on: March 29, 2024, 04:58:02 pm »
If we can't get Alonso can we take Frimpong and/or Grimaldo and see how he deals with that adversity  ;D
Interesting one with Frimpong; on the one hand I’d expect he’d want to stick around with the coach who’s revolutionised his game, but he’ll make a lot more money elsewhere and his €40m release clause expires after the summer window. I’d imagine anyone in the market for an attacking right wing back will want him.

I’d be all over him if it wasn’t for Bradley’s emergence.

Grimaldo is great, he’s like a faster, grittier Fabio Aurelio but it would take a big fee and he’s 29 this year, only 18 months younger than Robbo.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
« Reply #77829 on: March 29, 2024, 05:36:33 pm »
;D

Heard that Dimande is a physical beast and Inacio is a superb passer.

Why ever would they both come here 👀.

(We probably only need one of them)
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

« Reply #77830 on: March 29, 2024, 11:05:20 pm »
If we do bring in Amorin and he decides to go with a 343 with two #10s then we could see the revival of Fabio Carvalho's Liverpool career and likely the beginning of the end for Robertson.

Online Legs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #77831 on: March 29, 2024, 11:29:42 pm »
If we do bring in Amorin and he decides to go with a 343 with two #10s then we could see the revival of Fabio Carvalho's Liverpool career and likely the beginning of the end for Robertson.

I really hope we don’t play a back 3 it’s just a system I don’t like at all.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #77832 on: March 29, 2024, 11:38:57 pm »

We would we disregard Gakpo, Jota, Diaz, Elliott, Jones, Szobozslai for Carvalho.

« Reply #77833 on: March 30, 2024, 12:15:25 am »
We would we disregard Gakpo, Jota, Diaz, Elliott, Jones, Szobozslai for Carvalho.
Never said those players would no longer have careers but Carvalho is suited to the #10 role just as much as some of the players on that list.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #77834 on: March 30, 2024, 12:58:05 am »
Never said those players would no longer have careers but Carvalho is suited to the #10 role just as much as some of the players on that list.

Well if thats the case then any manager would have decided to move to a system where a youngster is deemed more suited to that position. That would be an odd decision to make your team worse just to fit some formation.

Offline MBL?

• England Rugby Union's biggest fan. Accepts nothing smaller than 6.5 you know......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #77835 on: March 30, 2024, 02:50:15 am »
What's the story with Thuram and Kone this season? A lot liked the look of them but it never happened.

Offline Knight

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #77836 on: March 30, 2024, 06:57:43 am »
So does Amorim’s 343 have 2 6s, 2 wingbacks and 2 10s behind a 9? That’d be perfect for Salah as one of the 10s. Perhaps Szoboslai as the other. But a good role for Elliot too perhaps. Then Jones and MacAllister as the 6s. We’d need a left wingback and a CB. Trent at wingback could be good for him in an offensive sense. He’d be less of a deep lying playmaker and more of a De Bruyne playmaker.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2024, 07:04:07 am by Knight »

Offline Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #77837 on: March 30, 2024, 07:23:58 am »
If Amorim’s style doesn’t suit the overwhelming majority of the squad then we won’t be hiring him.

Offline lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
« Reply #77838 on: March 30, 2024, 08:06:11 am »
If Amorim’s style doesn’t suit the overwhelming majority of the squad then we won’t be hiring him.

The statement is untrue and probably the outcome as well! 🤓

Main difference is probably in central midfield, if Amorim plays 2 of them, they have to cover more ground and
be quite responsible for holding shape, plus we have a few if all fit.
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #77839 on: March 30, 2024, 08:47:14 am »
So does Amorim’s 343 have 2 6s, 2 wingbacks and 2 10s behind a 9? That’d be perfect for Salah as one of the 10s. Perhaps Szoboslai as the other. But a good role for Elliot too perhaps. Then Jones and MacAllister as the 6s. We’d need a left wingback and a CB. Trent at wingback could be good for him in an offensive sense. He’d be less of a deep lying playmaker and more of a De Bruyne playmaker.

Problem with that is that our squad is geared to 3 forwards and having 5 forwards. We go to two 10’s, you have to be confident that there are enough goals in there. Szoboszlai, Curtis, Elliott have to be capable of scoring a lot of goals in that system.

Personally i dont think that system suits the players we have. We would need more defenders and more 6’s at the club. I also think Trent’s days at wingback are over.