Author Topic: BT Sport  (Read 183943 times)

Offline suttydolt

• Boys Pen
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: BT Sport - home of the Champions League
« Reply #680 on: November 10, 2013, 09:33:58 am »
Skybox f5 hd is cheaper than a dreambox then look for a card sharing service, usually cost £10 for all the channels :)

Don't buy the skybox f5 with the "gifts" off amazon / ebay though as they are usually over loaded services.

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #681 on: November 10, 2013, 09:38:04 am »
Time to get rid of sky then. But then no F1 and less footy. This is bad for consumers who have sky. Very bad
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline Paul-LFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #682 on: November 10, 2013, 02:56:36 pm »
Time to get rid of sky then. But then no F1 and less footy. This is bad for consumers who have sky. Very bad
It is at the moment. I have a feeling BT will bid massively at the next Premier League auction though (just look at what they bid for the CL, 2.5x what the last rights went for). If BT can nick the Sunday 4pm games off Sky and keep what they've got, they'll have all the biggest matches in the Premier League, and all the Champions League matches. Suddenly for anyone who's mainly interested in football, Sky doesn't look very attractive.

Offline cornelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Beware the beast man, for he is the Devil's pawn"
« Reply #683 on: November 10, 2013, 04:23:08 pm »
The PL (a) can't do that and (b) wouldn't want to do that.
Why? Money talks. An extra half a billion would part their legs as usual I'm sure.

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #684 on: November 10, 2013, 05:38:15 pm »
Why? Money talks. An extra half a billion would part their legs as usual I'm sure.

It's sold in packages. Think 6 packages in total. Sky have 4 I think and BT 2.

BT will want the main Package next time.

Offline lindylou100

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #685 on: November 10, 2013, 05:58:40 pm »
I'm no fan of BT but seeing them shaft sky has been delicious and I hope they do it again for the PL rights. I will never knowingly give my money to any murdoch organisation, vile bastards.

Offline cornelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #686 on: November 10, 2013, 06:24:51 pm »
It's sold in packages. Think 6 packages in total. Sky have 4 I think and BT 2.

BT will want the main Package next time.
I know that, I'm asking why it can't be changed.

If the price is right the PL will do anything.

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #687 on: November 10, 2013, 06:30:33 pm »
I know that, I'm asking why it can't be changed.

If the price is right the PL will do anything.

European Commission competition rules prohibit one single PL rights package.

Ironic/idiotic thing is they said that it would benefit the consumer if multiple companies had the rights. In reality we have to pay twice over for what we used to have in a single package.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline cornelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #688 on: November 10, 2013, 06:41:53 pm »
Did that agreement not expire in the summer?

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #689 on: November 10, 2013, 06:59:14 pm »
Why would it?  So you'd put a broadcasting rights system back on the table that you previously found to be anti-competition?
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline cornelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #690 on: November 10, 2013, 07:03:50 pm »
Why would it?  So you'd put a broadcasting rights system back on the table that you previously found to be anti-competition?
Well I'm only going by what this says:

http://europa.eu/rapid/press-release_IP-06-356_en.htm

Maybe it's changed I don't know but how is this deal with BT any different?

Offline SalisburyRed

• No fun "budding young Tory"!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #691 on: November 10, 2013, 07:45:39 pm »
Did that agreement not expire in the summer?

It did - the last rights auction wasn't governed by it. The Premier League is quite content with selling to two broadcasters though, as it knows it'll make more money as a result.

Offline cornelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #692 on: November 10, 2013, 09:01:05 pm »
It did - the last rights auction wasn't governed by it. The Premier League is quite content with selling to two broadcasters though, as it knows it'll make more money as a result.
Well now the gloves are well and truly off now and Sky need to claw something back. By stitching up CL and Europa league coverage BT have gone from having a foot in the door to being an equal player as far as the footy goes. I'm pretty sure Sky won't take it lying down and I doubt they'll be as happy to concede as much ground to other broadcasters next time round. True the PL has enjoyed the multiple package deals but it still needs Sky to play ball if they want the lovely lucre to continue flowing in. I wouldn't be surprised if Sky somehow get exclusivity of the PL back and showing every game live, like they've done with the CL, would be one of the few ways they could really hit back. I actually think it would suit everybody. Sky would have the security of PL coverage and BT would have the security of CL coverage.

Unless of course it's BT's plan to completely smash Sky and they take the PL rights too. Fingers crossed!  :D

Offline SalisburyRed

• No fun "budding young Tory"!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #693 on: November 10, 2013, 09:44:18 pm »
Losing the Premier League would be a disaster for BT, and I fully expect it not to happen. If anything, I could see BT taking more Premier League games from Sky next time round. It's clear they have money to spend, and are happy to use BT Sport as a loss leader in an attempt to dominate the triple play market. With the Champions League it seems as though they decided that it was worth overpaying, and they may well make the same calculation when it comes to the next batch of Premier League rights.

Offline Twelfth Man

• Rhianna fan. my arse! Someone fill me in. Any takers? :) We are the fabulous CFC...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #694 on: November 10, 2013, 10:17:35 pm »
I'm no fan of BT but seeing them shaft sky has been delicious and I hope they do it again for the PL rights. I will never knowingly give my money to any murdoch organisation, vile bastards.
Any PC savvy person should not be paying to watch football end off.
The courts, the rich, the powerful or those in authority never lie. It has been dealt with 'by the courts' nothing to see here run along.

Offline lindylou100

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #695 on: November 11, 2013, 02:07:28 am »
Any PC savvy person should not be paying to watch football end off.

I never said I paid to watch anything :) doesn't stop me enjoying a bit of schadenfreude at Murdoch's expense though does it?

Offline Twelfth Man

• Rhianna fan. my arse! Someone fill me in. Any takers? :) We are the fabulous CFC...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #696 on: November 11, 2013, 02:12:00 am »
I never said I paid to watch anything :) doesn't stop me enjoying a bit of schadenfreude at Murdoch's expense though does it?
Not at all! Never had Sky, never will..
The courts, the rich, the powerful or those in authority never lie. It has been dealt with 'by the courts' nothing to see here run along.

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #697 on: November 11, 2013, 10:53:39 am »
Investors seem too think it was a good deal as I write this both Sky and ITV's shares are going down, Sky by 10% and BT's have gone up.
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline The Tenacious Kennedy

• Determined to end the Lies. Don't f*ck with this cat!
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • "They were organised; we were not"
« Reply #698 on: November 11, 2013, 11:13:02 am »

Ironic/idiotic thing is they said that it would benefit the consumer if multiple companies had the rights. In reality we have to pay twice over for what we used to have in a single package.

You're absolutely right, the outcome is that the fan/customer pays more

I'm largely interested in watching Liverpool games. I might watch the odd match like United v Arsenal, but I would only really pay to watch LFC matches.  I suspect that many others are the same

To catch every Liverpool game aired now, you would have get Sky, BT Sport Premier package and hopefully next year, BT Champions League/Europa package, when in the past the Sky package and ITV would have done it

It seems that more competition has worked against the fans

Follow me on Twitter @wrong_kennedy

Offline arnaldo

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #699 on: November 11, 2013, 01:22:53 pm »
The prize money for getting into champs league is going to go through the roof after this. Very important we get into it now. But with the prize money even more, expect to see the big teams doing all the can to get in it from now on. I'm a bit worried we are going to see even bigger gap in the tiers in the next ten years if things continue as they are
BETFAIR REF CODE NTRDKLEHG FREE £20 BET

Offline Terry_Tibbs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #700 on: November 22, 2013, 06:28:42 pm »
ITV have agreed a deal with BT for the highlights to Champions League & Europa League games.

Also BT have done a deal for the mobile & internet highlights with the fucking S*n!

http://www.theguardian.com/media/2013/nov/22/itv-champions-league-highlights-bt-sport?CMP=twt_gu

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #701 on: November 23, 2013, 06:13:29 pm »
Owen is a terrible co commentator.

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #702 on: November 24, 2013, 10:49:36 am »
Owen is a terrible co commentator.

Cant believe he got Cissokho and Sakho mixed up.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #703 on: November 24, 2013, 11:21:33 am »

He mentioned a player called Farlaine during the game as well. No idea who that is or what relevance it had to yesterday.

Offline Haemoglobin

• The Phantom Drive-By Dunker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nunca Caminarás Solo
« Reply #704 on: November 24, 2013, 12:18:52 pm »
He's a git. Like Lawrenson, when you're trying to watch the match, you just need to file pretty much everything they say under 'git' and try to blank it out, otherwise it'll just ruin your whole match-viewing experience.

I've tried it on mute in the past, with both of them, but then I just didn't get all that hair-raising crowd atmosphere stuff, players screaming swearwords at one another, and lovely comforting ball-booting sounds, so it simply had to go back on. The ultimate solution, I believe, will be to find some internet radio station somewhere covering it live, with passionate, informative commentators you can actually stand, and then synch it up exactly with the BT stream.
"under-promise and over-deliver"

Offline Haemoglobin

• The Phantom Drive-By Dunker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nunca Caminarás Solo
« Reply #705 on: November 24, 2013, 12:19:58 pm »
...Or else get him sacked from BT Sport somehow with a dastardly smear campaign  ;D
"under-promise and over-deliver"

Offline Giz a Gobble

• Scouse Turkey that's hard to swallow.....
  • Main Stander
  • JUSTICE FOR THE 97.
« Reply #706 on: November 25, 2013, 12:25:23 pm »
First time watching their coverage properly on Saturday and thought it was dreadful personally.

Can't warm to Jake Humphrey fronting this at all. I thought he was good presenting F1 on the BBC but he's just too 'Jokey/Blokey' 'All about the bants with the pundits' for my liking. He's so Mr BT as well, very very corporate. Steve McManaman isn't bad but then you've got Colin Wanker and David Ginola as other 'experts'....hmmm.

Commentary-wise, a poor effort too. Enough said about Michael Owen but cutting to Mark Halsey to reel off a sentence every now and again isn't particularly absorbing. The little 'Live' box is a bit naff too.

Overall, quite rubbish really. Glad I don't pay for it.

Online Spanish Al

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #707 on: November 25, 2013, 01:10:16 pm »
Was gonna put this in the bt thread in tech and science, but figured it would get more views here! Am I right in saying you cant just get BT Sport? Literally just the channels, no broadband or anything. Ive got a youview box (with TalkTalk) so have the capability to have the channels, and for a tenner a month Id happily pay that for all the sport they cover.
Rafa Benitez: "I’ll always keep in my heart the good times I’ve had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager."

Offline TheGOAT

• Gruff handbagger
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #708 on: November 25, 2013, 01:11:29 pm »
First time watching their coverage properly on Saturday and thought it was dreadful personally.

Can't warm to Jake Humphrey fronting this at all. I thought he was good presenting F1 on the BBC but he's just too 'Jokey/Blokey' 'All about the bants with the pundits' for my liking. He's so Mr BT as well, very very corporate. Steve McManaman isn't bad but then you've got Colin Wanker and David Ginola as other 'experts'....hmmm.

Commentary-wise, a poor effort too. Enough said about Michael Owen but cutting to Mark Halsey to reel off a sentence every now and again isn't particularly absorbing. The little 'Live' box is a bit naff too.

Overall, quite rubbish really. Glad I don't pay for it.

The English stuff is fucking horrendous. The foreign stuff is boss though, especially the show with Horncastle, Honigstein and that. But yeah, it's dreadful, the Halsey shit is fucking infuriating.

Offline AB LFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #709 on: November 25, 2013, 01:54:16 pm »
That little live box is seriously annoying, they really overdo it. Coutinho took a little tumble and was limping for all of 5 seconds and they put the live box for that. FFS, talk about being over dramatic.

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #710 on: November 25, 2013, 04:14:41 pm »

Thank fuck for that. I heard 3 mistakes from him and Ian Darke. Couldn't remember what mistake he made but knew there was one. Ian Darke said Rush's hat trick at Goodison was in 1992. Can't remember the third but I'm pretty sure it was another blatant one.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Mad Max

• Propa bad Wool. tried it just for once found it all right for kicks. but now you found out that it's a habit that sticks.
  • Boys Pen
« Reply #711 on: November 25, 2013, 04:35:03 pm »
Thank fuck for that. I heard 3 mistakes from him and Ian Darke. Couldn't remember what mistake he made but knew there was one. Ian Darke said Rush's hat trick at Goodison was in 1992. Can't remember the third but I'm pretty sure it was another blatant one.

Only 10 years out. ;D

Offline WorldChampions

• Charlie uniform november tango fan...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #712 on: November 25, 2013, 06:25:05 pm »
The quality on their website for streaming is absolute pants. The IOS app was decent quality though so why it's different on the website I will never know.

Offline Cochise

• Not the man he used to be and is looking for a fresh start. Still cannot escape the fact that he's had an X-Factor Winner. Twice.
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • DON'T BUY THE S*N
« Reply #713 on: November 25, 2013, 06:26:10 pm »
The quality on their website for streaming is absolute pants. The IOS app was decent quality though so why it's different on the website I will never know.

Teething problems? I'm sure they get their act together.
JFT96 - YNWA

Oliver Kay ‏@OliverKayTimes
Those who've campaigned for the truth on Hillsborough were once a suppressed minority. Now the minority are those left clinging to the lies.

Offline WorldChampions

• Charlie uniform november tango fan...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #714 on: November 25, 2013, 06:29:02 pm »
Yeah you would hope so considering the amount they are spending to get the rights to show the games. Fixing any technical issues should be a drop in the ocean financially. They really need to get some decent commentators though.

Offline Oddball

• aka 'Steve'. Thinks Autumn is a series. Shite at COD. Search me. Mathematical legend. "Space". Likes to Fuck holmes. Currently sporting a fetching muzzy. Onion Fondler. Blinded by the light. Would like a small larger beer. Can fakh orf
  • RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #715 on: November 25, 2013, 10:14:07 pm »
That little live box is seriously annoying, they really overdo it. Coutinho took a little tumble and was limping for all of 5 seconds and they put the live box for that. FFS, talk about being over dramatic.
I liked it when the little live box showed EXACTLY what was on the 'normal' screen :)
We may sign Salah, but I'll show my arse in the middle of town if we sign one of VVD or Keita. Not gonna happen.

Offline Mad Max

• Propa bad Wool. tried it just for once found it all right for kicks. but now you found out that it's a habit that sticks.
  • Boys Pen
« Reply #716 on: November 26, 2013, 03:58:56 pm »
It's Zenit v Atletico Madrid at 5pm.

Online gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
AHA!

Offline ConqueredAllOfEurope

• Shit, just realised I can have a custom title...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #718 on: November 29, 2013, 02:01:26 am »
Didn't think BT Sport would achieve as much as they have in the time that they have done it in. Football wise they just need to replace Jake Humphrey and Michael Owen and they should be sorted. Hopefully for Champions League they get some big names who are also decent pundits and talk some sense! (seem hard to come by though).
"We have to change from doubter to believer... now"

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #719 on: November 30, 2013, 09:31:47 pm »
Don't think there's an open Stevie G thread but he was on Claire Balding show and very good he was n all