Author Topic: Classic Football Pictures & Clips 1860 - 2000  (Read 121014 times)

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
Re: Classic Football Pictures & Clips 1860 - 2000
« Reply #280 on: March 6, 2013, 10:43:02 pm »

My local club Halifax Town's Paul Hendrie knocking Man Cityout of the FA cup in 1980 at the Shay mudbath

Offline theartist

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #281 on: March 6, 2013, 11:20:57 pm »

« Last Edit: March 6, 2013, 11:22:37 pm by theartist »

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #282 on: March 7, 2013, 09:45:50 am »

Offline KERRYKOP

• KerryKop - Fiendish Bunny Slayer, Enemy Of The Lapine Race and founder of the Benitez band. Mugs old ladies for their kindles. Grindr fiend.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RIP Páidí Ó Sé
« Reply #283 on: March 7, 2013, 10:53:42 am »

Great pic, just set as my Twitter and Facebook background.

Online child-in-time

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #284 on: March 7, 2013, 11:55:47 am »
We shall meet in the place where there is no darkness.

Offline El Ninos Black Eye

• Legacy Fan
  • What we do in life, echoes in eternity!
« Reply #285 on: March 7, 2013, 06:27:21 pm »
"I'm being watched by the Secret Police and wondering when they’re going to come and take me away"

Offline Red_Rich

• Legacy Fan
  • Fan since Liverpool 5 Stoke 3 in 1976
« Reply #286 on: March 7, 2013, 11:12:43 pm »
The greatest team never to win the World cup.

Came so close in 1954 when Puskas had an equaliser wrongly ruled offside (Pause clip at 1 minute and tell me that's offside!) ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ulxTJT1OZdM

Anyway, they taught England two huge lessons in the early 50's when they won 6-3 at Wembley and drubbed them 7-1 in Budapest.  My father was at that game in Hungary.

« Last Edit: March 7, 2013, 11:19:06 pm by Red_Rich »
United used to win titles on easy street, time for us to take over that real estate

Offline Oddball

• aka 'Steve'. Thinks Autumn is a series. Shite at COD. Search me. Mathematical legend. "Space". Likes to Fuck holmes. Currently sporting a fetching muzzy. Onion Fondler. Blinded by the light. Would like a small larger beer. Can fakh orf
  • RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #287 on: March 8, 2013, 07:38:53 am »
To make you feel old. The baby celebration in the 2d pic...that baby was in the Brazil u19 squad and is breaking into the 1st team at Flamingo or Fluminese I can't remember which.
We may sign Salah, but I'll show my arse in the middle of town if we sign one of VVD or Keita. Not gonna happen.

Offline skipper757

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #288 on: March 10, 2013, 07:54:50 pm »
Someone at work is from Frankfurt and was telling me to check out Jay Jay Okocha's goal against Oliver Kahn.

Class.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/RjkYmTKHq0g" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/RjkYmTKHq0g</a>
King Kenny.

Offline Billy The Kid

• Out of the closet with a whiet shirt on, but would pay a fiver not to be gay...Would prefer to give his manliness to someone rather than receive theirs especially Amir in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry
« Reply #289 on: March 10, 2013, 08:13:10 pm »
Milan invincibles:

There last game of that season they won 8-2.

That's a cracking photo. I used to love watching them in the 80's on channel 4 on a Sunday

Frank Rijkaard was cool as fuck back in those days
When overtaken by defeat, as you may be many times, remember than mans faith in his own ability is tested many times before he is crowned with final victory. Defeats are nothing more than challenges to keep trying.” – Napoleon Hill.

Offline theartist

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #290 on: March 19, 2013, 09:21:57 pm »
Toni, one of Benfica symbols crying after accidentaly break a leg to a Porto player. The game continued but he couldn´t and left the field.

a rainy day  :P
« Last Edit: March 19, 2013, 09:32:40 pm by theartist »

Offline End Product

• doesn't always come out of the right end
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #291 on: March 19, 2013, 09:35:28 pm »
No time for caution.

Offline End Product

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #292 on: March 19, 2013, 09:40:56 pm »

A couple from euro 96 my favorite tournament, first i can remember as a kid.
No time for caution.

Offline theartist

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #293 on: March 19, 2013, 09:44:05 pm »

Couto, Poborsky and who's the one on the left? what a goal this was.

Offline End Product

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #294 on: March 19, 2013, 09:51:59 pm »

Benfica's old staduim, could hold 135000 !! 
No time for caution.

Offline KERRYKOP

• KerryKop - Fiendish Bunny Slayer, Enemy Of The Lapine Race and founder of the Benitez band. Mugs old ladies for their kindles. Grindr fiend.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RIP Páidí Ó Sé
« Reply #295 on: March 19, 2013, 09:53:45 pm »
Anyone hazard a guess what ground it is? I'll trump for Villa Park.

One of my favorites as well, when summer was exactly that. Glory days.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #296 on: March 19, 2013, 11:02:37 pm »
Anyone hazard a guess what ground it is? I'll trump for Villa Park.

One of my favorites as well, when summer was exactly that. Glory days.

Yep that was Villa Park. Couto's hair cracks me up!

Offline KERRYKOP

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RIP Páidí Ó Sé
« Reply #297 on: March 19, 2013, 11:06:31 pm »
Yep that was Villa Park. Couto's hair cracks me up!
Villa Park got a bit of use back in the day, cup semi finals and international tournaments, now its lucky to play host to the odd League Cup giant killing.

Offline Hyypia headers

• Am I a Real Liverpool Fan...
  • Kopite
  • Impossible?
« Reply #298 on: March 20, 2013, 12:20:28 pm »
Zidane goal World Cup Final 1998. And Raymond Goethals, winning the CL with Marseille in 1993, still the only Belgian ever to do it as a manager or player.
Let me tell you about the times when tackling was allowed

Online child-in-time

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #299 on: March 20, 2013, 03:39:48 pm »
Couto, Poborsky and who's the one on the left? what a goal this was.
Wiki says it is Oceano da Cruz  ;D
We shall meet in the place where there is no darkness.

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #300 on: March 20, 2013, 04:10:19 pm »
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline FernandoSusoLFC

• Has a boner for Bony. Listens on mute. broke the Flanno to Fiorentina story. may be @indykaila or @melly mellwood #incognito
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #301 on: March 20, 2013, 04:12:57 pm »
I know this is fairly new but still amazes me the story James Milner has had...

Made his debut in 2002 as a 16 year old schoolboy and become the youngest player to score in the premier league.

Now after playing for Swindow [loan], Leeds, Villa and current Premier League champions City and he's still only 27.

I've always been a fan of him.

Offline KERRYKOP

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RIP Páidí Ó Sé
« Reply #302 on: March 20, 2013, 04:26:12 pm »
Not much has changed, from 1969, Marty Feldman's depiction of the English media's attitude towards Uruguay and its footballers.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/0pAVssu20Is" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/0pAVssu20Is</a>

Offline lfc_col

• Legacy Fan
  • And Could He Play!
« Reply #303 on: March 20, 2013, 04:36:02 pm »
I watched that game live. First time I'd ever seen that great Milan side. They where 2-1 down at half time against Foggia I think? Not sure but, I think a very young Bepe Signori got both Foggia's goals as well.

Got that shirt :D
We Won It Six Times

JFT 97

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #304 on: March 20, 2013, 04:43:31 pm »
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline KERRYKOP

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RIP Páidí Ó Sé
« Reply #305 on: March 20, 2013, 04:45:32 pm »
I know this is fairly new but still amazes me the story James Milner has had...

Made his debut in 2002 as a 16 year old schoolboy and become the youngest player to score in the premier league.

Now after playing for Swindow [loan], Leeds, Villa and current Premier League champions City and he's still only 27.

I've always been a fan of him.
The thinnest of thin ice sonny Jim.

Offline KERRYKOP

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RIP Páidí Ó Sé
« Reply #306 on: March 20, 2013, 10:27:18 pm »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/bJ3-IjD_wME" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/bJ3-IjD_wME</a>

Really good documentary if you haven't seen it.

Gazza, James Richardson, 90's Italian football. Need I say anymore?

Offline CornerFlag

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #307 on: March 20, 2013, 10:35:00 pm »
Newcastle vs Liverpool, November 23, 1901.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/DhjTX39xKB4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/DhjTX39xKB4</a>
My Twitter

Last time I went there I saw masturbating chimpanzees. Whether you think that's worthy of £22 is up to you. All I'll say is I now have an annual pass.

Offline KERRYKOP

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RIP Páidí Ó Sé
« Reply #308 on: March 20, 2013, 10:39:01 pm »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/bJ3-IjD_wME" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/bJ3-IjD_wME</a>

Really good documentary if you haven't seen it.

Gazza, James Richardson, 90's Italian football. Need I say anymore?

Offline KERRYKOP

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RIP Páidí Ó Sé
« Reply #309 on: March 22, 2013, 02:38:56 pm »
Tonight marks the first meeting of Serbia and Croatia since the break up of Yugoslavia. The spark that ignited the flames of war in the Balkans came from a football match between Red Star Belgrade & Dinamo Zagreb

Boban fights back

CROATIA AND SERBIA’s footballers play each other for the first time since independence tonight, in a highly-charged tie given wider significance by political, cultural and historical ties and fresh memories of war.

The run-up to the Group A World Cup qualification match in Zagreb has dominated the media in both countries for several weeks and been billed the “match of the decade”.

Tickets sold out within hours and some 34,000 people are expected to pack into the Maksimir Stadium in the Croatian capital for the game, although away supporters have been banned for the tie and the return leg in Belgrade over security concerns.

“The event goes beyond sports as it is an historic first match between the two nations since their independence,” Robert Matteoni, a prominent Croatian sports journalist, told AFP.

A complex history of relations between the Balkan neighbours, marked by the brutal internecine fighting of the 1991-1995 war that claimed an estimated 20,000 lives, was an added motivation for both countries, he said.

Matteoni’s view is shared by many fans, who say that any sporting encounters between Croatia and Serbia still have a significant emotional charge.

“As long as we live these will never be only pure sports events,” said Bobo, a 49-year-old member of Dinamo Zagreb’s hardcore “Bad Blue Boys” fans, many of whom joined the Croatian police and army during the conflict.

Croatia’s declaration of independence in June 1991 from the former Yugoslavia sparked the four-year war. But many believe that the conflict was heralded on May 13 1990, when Dinamo fans stood up against the Serb-controlled Yugoslav police, who looked on as visiting Red Star Belgrade supporters ripped apart the Maksimir Stadium.

During the riot, Dinamo midfielder Zvonimir Boban became a hero for Croatian nationalists by kung-fu kicking a police officer who was beating a home fan with a truncheon.

Ties between the neighbours have gradually improved since the end of the conflict but sports events are still considered high-risk, particularly with Balkan football still linked to ultra-nationalist hooligans.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/En6wViD1jtY" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/En6wViD1jtY</a>

Croatia captain Darijo Srna has described the game as his “most difficult match” while Serbia goalkeeper Vladimir Stojkovic said: “This is not only just about points…

“It’s about rivalry, prestige — and about something that will mean a lot more to some fans than to us players.”
European football’s governing body will be closely monitoring the game and the return leg on September 6 after warning both countries’ football federations about the need to tackle hooliganism.

Croatia and Serbia have been fined several times because of violence and racist behaviour involving their fans. Tight security will be in place, including stricter border controls and on all transport routes into Zagreb, police said.

Bruno, a founder member of the Bad Blue Boys, said banning visiting fans was the “only logical move” because there would inevitably be incidents if Serbia supporters were present. The head of a moderate fans group, Krunoslav Grlevic, however, said he feared there would still be anti-Serb chanting at the ground.

But with emotions running high, players and officials in both countries have tried to ease tensions.
“We are fully aware of our responsibility… our behaviour and messages that we will send can significantly influence the atmosphere in the stands,” said Croatia coach Igor Stimac.

“The most important thing is that we behave as sportsmen.”

His Serbian counterpart, Sinisa Mihajlovic, agreed.“It is football and not war that awaits us in Zagreb. We are not afraid but we have respect since (Croatia) are an excellent team,” said the former Yugoslavia international.

Mihajlovic, who was born in Vukovar, the city in eastern Croatia heavily bombarded during the war, has radically rejuvenated his team and said there was no need to motivate his players for the match.

On the sporting front, the match is vital for Serbia to keep alive their hopes of qualifying for the World Cup finals in Brazil next year. Both Belgium and Croatia have 10 points but the former top the group on goal difference. Serbia are in third on four points.

Offline Lawnmowerman

• Got married to Pique in April. Shakira isn't happy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #310 on: March 22, 2013, 02:39:45 pm »
Samuel L Jackson

Offline Ziltoid

• Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #311 on: March 22, 2013, 02:53:50 pm »

Garrincha and Ray Wilson 1962

Clive Thomas - No goal!
« Last Edit: March 22, 2013, 02:55:35 pm by Ziltoid »

Offline S.Red please

• SerbianRed ;)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Penny Lane there is a barber showing photographs
    • HFSG
« Reply #312 on: March 22, 2013, 02:55:34 pm »
Tonight marks the first meeting of Serbia and Croatia since the break up of Yugoslavia. The spark that ignited the flames of war in the Balkans came from a football match between Red Star Belgrade & Dinamo Zagreb

Brilliant post, thanks! My uncle was actually at that match but got out of the stadium as it all kicked off. Really should ask him more about it but I always forget.
Justice for the 97

Offline KERRYKOP

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RIP Páidí Ó Sé
« Reply #313 on: March 22, 2013, 03:05:25 pm »
Brilliant post, thanks! My uncle was actually at that match but got out of the stadium as it all kicked off. Really should ask him more about it but I always forget.
Incredible to think a lot of those in the stands slinging seats at eachother would be fighting in the battlefield for real with shells and rockets very soon. The senselessness of it all.

Offline Lothar88

• Main Stander
« Reply #314 on: March 22, 2013, 07:13:49 pm »

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #315 on: March 22, 2013, 07:25:48 pm »
Is that Moore and Facchetti? Which match is that?
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Lothar88

• Main Stander
« Reply #316 on: March 22, 2013, 07:30:33 pm »
Is that Moore and Facchetti? Which match is that?

Yes,Bobby Moore and Giacinto Facchetti.
It's England vs. Italy international friendly at Wembley in 1973,Italy won 1-0 (Fabio Capello scored)

This is the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Ej9FGp5xuo

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #317 on: March 22, 2013, 07:57:43 pm »
Thanks, nice pic.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Ziltoid

• Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #318 on: March 22, 2013, 09:13:26 pm »

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #319 on: March 22, 2013, 09:15:15 pm »
Boss, boss photie that Zilty.

Rumour has it the jocks created a ring of empty bottles around Anfield that night.
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family