Author Topic: Shifting CEO standards? Coco the Clown vs Easy Rider  (Read 53103 times)

Offline keyo

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Shifting CEO standards? Coco the Clown vs Easy Rider
« Reply #400 on: November 10, 2012, 02:53:15 am »
Well, they did solve the impending bankruptcy that they inherited. Oh and are well underway on solving the inflated wage bill. And have carried on increasing the commercial side a huge amount. Isn't any infighting now either as before.

So wouldn't say haven't solved any of the problems as yet.
Bankruptcy solved in the acquisition....as for wage bill and commercial side, solved? I do not think so, maybe over time they will, but at what cost? We continue to struggle with an uncompetitive squad and you think we will be successful on and off the pitch?

Again, you believe we are even close to being a well run club with a clear and positive strategy in place at boardroom and football levels with the best people in place to achieve the targets set? Is Ayre positively achieving the aims of the club, and more importantly is he capable of achieving them? Has he demonstrated his credentials sufficiently?
Joey's ate the frogs legs, made the swiss roll, now he's munchin' gladbach!!

Offline vblfc

• "Verily, behold! Liverpool Football Club!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let your soul and spirit fly Into the mystic
« Reply #401 on: November 10, 2012, 10:43:02 am »
Ayre gives off the profile of a particular style of salesman - appears to be more driven by ego, and transparency isnt always what he will use to convince or "sell".  I think this can sometimes be a successful profile for CEO but it doesnt sit right with us or where we are at.
So what we are lacking that we would see as LFC CEO profile?  For me - apart from  the foundation of being a real football man, I think we would like accountability, integrity, transparency, modesty (if only), drive and organisation. 
Example - regardless of whether we "think" Ayre is responsible for Suarezgate etc. we would expect the CEO to take accountability.  That simple step would have started to clear it up much more quickly.  When no-one is accountable blame fills the space. 
It doesnt feel right with the top of the club just yet - This is still a work in progress and key to resolve for any sustained success.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2012, 10:47:14 am by vblfc »

Offline The Flying Pig

• Bill. Not improving with age.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truth? Yes. Justice? Not yet. JFT96.
« Reply #402 on: November 10, 2012, 12:46:05 pm »
Ayre gives off the profile of a particular style of salesman - appears to be more driven by ego, and transparency isnt always what he will use to convince or "sell".  I think this can sometimes be a successful profile for CEO but it doesnt sit right with us or where we are at.
So what we are lacking that we would see as LFC CEO profile?  For me - apart from  the foundation of being a real football man, I think we would like accountability, integrity, transparency, modesty (if only), drive and organisation. 
Example - regardless of whether we "think" Ayre is responsible for Suarezgate etc. we would expect the CEO to take accountability.  That simple step would have started to clear it up much more quickly.  When no-one is accountable blame fills the space. 
It doesnt feel right with the top of the club just yet - This is still a work in progress and key to resolve for any sustained success.

Top post. Sums up the situation perfectly. Ayre is a stranger to accountability and transparency.
Suddenly I turned around and she was standin' there
With silver bracelets on her wrists and flowers in her hair
She walked up to me so gracefully and took my crown of thorns
"Come in", She said, "I'll give you shelter from the storm."

I might be in!

Offline Red number seven

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Today's newspaper, tomorrow's chip paper
« Reply #403 on: December 4, 2012, 04:09:52 pm »
Exactly right. Imagine if Ayre had publicly said, "I am responsible for the club's response to this." The pressure on Kenny and the players could've lifted overnight. If that's not his job, why not?
"You just have to give them credit for not throwing in the towel" - Gennaro Gattuso, May, 2005

And then we'll get 4th as well and everyone in the whole world can do one.

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
« Reply #404 on: December 4, 2012, 06:29:18 pm »
Simple question Would any other top club have somebody like Ian Easyrider Ayre as its CEO/MD, whatever false title they give him.
A world were Liars and Hypocrites are accepted and rewarded and honest people are derided!
Who voted in this lying corrupt bastard anyway

Offline Red number seven

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Today's newspaper, tomorrow's chip paper
« Reply #405 on: December 4, 2012, 06:30:29 pm »
Simple question Would any other top club have somebody like Ian Easyrider Ayre as its CEO/MD, whatever false title they give him.
Irlam Hells Angels Club?
"You just have to give them credit for not throwing in the towel" - Gennaro Gattuso, May, 2005

And then we'll get 4th as well and everyone in the whole world can do one.

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #406 on: December 4, 2012, 06:55:34 pm »
Also say what you like about Coco he has more credibility in the halls of the FA than Ayre.
A world were Liars and Hypocrites are accepted and rewarded and honest people are derided!

Offline pathetic

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #407 on: January 9, 2013, 03:11:06 pm »
For all of his faults, Coco can spot a good manager. Still, I would take Ayre over him any day of the week.

Offline west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
« Reply #408 on: January 9, 2013, 04:17:34 pm »
For all of his faults, Coco can spot a good manager. Still, I would take Ayre over him any day of the week.

Shame Coco couldnt spot decent owners though!
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.

Offline hansen6

• RAWK Scientific Officer, 1687-1905
  • Legacy Fan
  • Must post more
« Reply #409 on: January 9, 2013, 04:24:27 pm »
Absolutely not, if he had come in and overruled Kenny there would have been hell to pay. He let the Manager deal with it and the Manager messed it up.   

Offline The 5th Benitle

• Mitch Fenner and Gerry Francis' biggest fan. Karaoke James - The Sausagefest Superhero. A soldier not a Capo di tutti capi. Clapham Stalker. RAWK X Factor Winner 2011. The poor man's Sarge!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Read, then post...
« Reply #410 on: January 9, 2013, 04:57:47 pm »
Absolutely not, if he had come in and overruled Kenny there would have been hell to pay. He let the Manager deal with it and the Manager messed it up.   
What utter bullshit. Should never have been a chance to 'overrule Kenny' as Kenny shouldn't have been left to handle it in the first place.

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #411 on: January 9, 2013, 06:46:59 pm »
well when his mates in the press start suggesting he is doing too much and is totally out of his depth, surely the argument about him is nearly done!

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #412 on: January 9, 2013, 08:37:47 pm »

If you are talking about Rafa, Stevie Wonder could of spotted that.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline hansen6

• RAWK Scientific Officer, 1687-1905
  • Legacy Fan
  • Must post more
« Reply #413 on: January 9, 2013, 10:57:24 pm »
What utter bullshit. Should never have been a chance to 'overrule Kenny' as Kenny shouldn't have been left to handle it in the first place.
If he had done there'd be moaning about leaving it to the Manager to run the team and how the Chief Exec should only be there to sign cheques.

Offline keyo

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #414 on: January 10, 2013, 09:38:36 am »
If he had done there'd be moaning about leaving it to the Manager to run the team and how the Chief Exec should only be there to sign cheques.

Really? So a chief executive should not be involved in the biggest public relations issue the club has faced in a number of years (ignoring ownership and owner related issues) from the beginning? The club should be dealing with a matter of that magnitude with a clear positive strategy, presenting a clear common view.....something that we did not given the distancing from the handling of the matter by the owners and Ayre. Whether dalglish handled it correctly or not, and even whether he should have been or not, Ayre should have been in on this from the ground floor.
Joey's ate the frogs legs, made the swiss roll, now he's munchin' gladbach!!

Offline Koplord

• No new LFC topics
  • Kopite
« Reply #415 on: January 14, 2013, 02:15:56 am »
I mentioned in another thread that It seems as though at commercial level Ayre has done his job but doesn't mean he should be in charge of football decisions a football man should be in charge there not a commercial sales man.

Just look at Levy at spurs he is a CEO who understands football and has a vision how to take a club forward aswell as identifying targets and successfully negotiating.

If business men where good at running football clubs Man city would employ Branson rather than begiristain
If I hadn't seen such riches I could live with being poor.