Author Topic: COVID-19:VERIFIED news sources, 0 politishit, 0 CONSPIRACY SHITE  (Read 3475768 times)

Offline Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
Re: COVID-19:VERIFIED news sources, 0 politishit, 0 CONSPIRACY SHITE
« Reply #70720 on: October 31, 2023, 01:09:04 pm »
We'll get the usual "lessons have been learned" and "it was an unprecedented situation and everybody did the best they could"  ::)
I'm not sure that will be good enough though, it is really unfortunate we had Johnson, the worst PM in history at the helm of the crisis, not sure there could have been anyone worse, although Truss would certainly have a very strong argument for her!)
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #70721 on: October 31, 2023, 01:18:48 pm »
There won’t be any repercussions either.

If it is Labour in power by then there may be, although may not go as far as holding individuals to account.  Hopefully it may inform strategies focused on the longer term, inc health.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #70722 on: October 31, 2023, 01:27:15 pm »
the messaging was happening at the time though not something he has suddenly decided to say, the What's App messaging between the three C's (c*nts aka Case, Cain and Cummings) are revealing in the disdain they clearly had for the handling of the whole shit show

But Cummings got him into power
« Last Edit: October 31, 2023, 01:30:12 pm by Nick110581 »
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #70723 on: October 31, 2023, 02:15:45 pm »
Johnson agreed with MPs who felt 'we should let old people' get Covid, inquiry hears
O’Connor shows the inquiry some entries from Sir Patrick Vallance’s diaries from 2020

In the first, Vallance says the PM is “obsessed with older people accepting their fate and letting the young get on with life and the economy going”.

Another entry says: “He says his party ‘thinks the whole thing is pathetic and Covid is just Nature’s way of dealing with old people – and I am not entirely sure I disagree with them’.”

A third entry, from December 2020, reads: "Chief whip says 'I think we should let the old people get it and protect others’. PM says ‘a lot of my backbenchers think that and I must say I agree with them’."

Cain says the PM was concerned about society as a whole, but some of the language is not “what I would have used”.

But it’s not just elderly is it?

All of those younger people with underlying conditions, those undergoing chemotherapy for example.

Just shows how thick they are that they are so one dimensional.

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #70724 on: October 31, 2023, 03:54:09 pm »
But it’s not just elderly is it?

All of those younger people with underlying conditions, those undergoing chemotherapy for example.

Just shows how thick they are that they are so one dimensional.

Think of all the money that's being wasted on chemotherapy!

--edit-- although I suspect their mates are in the troughs at the companies that provide the drugs.
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #70725 on: October 31, 2023, 04:08:35 pm »
Trouble with all this from Cummings is… would he lie??  Well he might, yes
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline CornerFlag

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70726 on: October 31, 2023, 04:09:48 pm »
Trouble with all this from Cummings is… would he lie??  Well he might, yes
He's very eloquent with his bullshit.  One thing I will give him, he's honest enough that he'd save his own skin to throw others under the bus, which is just delicious...
My Twitter

Last time I went there I saw masturbating chimpanzees. Whether you think that's worthy of £22 is up to you. All I'll say is I now have an annual pass.

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70727 on: October 31, 2023, 04:16:55 pm »
Both the beeb and sky periodically interrupt to apologise for the language.  As a result of said interruptions it’s annoying to miss what’s being said.

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
« Reply #70728 on: October 31, 2023, 04:26:56 pm »
Cummings is a ******* little ****

Skin saving, lying, devious, scheming little ****

The only thing in his favour is the ******** he is now trying to take down are at or below his level.
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70729 on: October 31, 2023, 04:39:04 pm »
Another break.  Not surprised as this gets worse with every minute. Worse UK government in living memory irrespective of Cummings.  The fact he was there in the first place merely underlines the incompetence

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #70730 on: October 31, 2023, 04:39:52 pm »
All this just plays to Johnson's base anyway. The right have re-wrote history over lockdowns being to blame for everything. Now Johnson can be martyred as the hero who tried to stop them.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #70731 on: October 31, 2023, 04:51:37 pm »
All this just plays to Johnson's base anyway. The right have re-wrote history over lockdowns being to blame for everything. Now Johnson can be martyred as the hero who tried to stop them.

Johnson doesn’t have a base now.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70732 on: October 31, 2023, 04:54:31 pm »

Anyone with a quarter of a brain, even if this was through watching him on 'Have I Got News For You' knows that Johnson is a lying, ignorant, selfish, cheating shit without an ounce of ability other than the ability to remember the odd thing from his paid for education.

The British people and the Tory Party chose him to be leader and PM in the full knowledge of what an incompetent and devious little shit he was, I find it bizarre (but then they did it in the US afterwards so who knows what psychological phenomenon is occuring)

Then they appointed Truss when you thought it could not be worse.................
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70733 on: October 31, 2023, 05:10:29 pm »
Never knew what ‘Potemkin’ meant until Cummings started banging on about it and google shows it refers to some sort of Russian origin deception story.  Learn something new everyday.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #70734 on: November 1, 2023, 07:05:55 am »
Johnson doesn’t have a base now.

The GB News viewers will hang off his every word.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #70735 on: November 1, 2023, 09:19:19 am »
The GB News viewers will hang off his every word.

I mean, if they're already watching GB News then it's not going to make any difference, is it?
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Veo, to his mates. Shares 50% of his DNA with a banana. Would dearly love to strangle Frankengoose. Lo! Be he not ye Messiah, verily be he a child of questionable conduct in the eyes of Ye Holy Border Guards.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I... think I am, therefore...I....maybe.
« Reply #70736 on: November 1, 2023, 09:23:41 am »
He's not going to remember a thing, is he.
NAKED BOOBERY

Rile-Me costed L. Nee-Naw "The Child" Torrence the first jack the hat-trick since Eon Rush vs Accursed Toffos, many moons passed. Nee-Naw he could have done a concreted his palace in the pantyhose off the LibPole Gods...was not was for the invented intervention of Rile-Me whistler.

Offline LuverlyRita

• metar made
  • Kopite
« Reply #70737 on: November 1, 2023, 09:31:37 am »
He's not going to remember a thing, is he.
He's told so many lies and seems to have limited capacity for absorbing information, he probably genuinely won't remember anything  ::) The most damming thing about him is that no matter how badly this develops for him, he'll still think he's done nothing wrong and that everyone should like him. He's a sociopath.

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70738 on: November 1, 2023, 09:36:34 am »
A mate died during lockdown and I was so annoyed with the rules that I couldn’t go to his funeral. At the weekend my aunt died and her funeral has become a kind of super spreader event. Absolutely brutal this time too. Can’t shift the headache and feel like I’ve been hit by a bus. Younger family members seem to be having the worst symptoms.

Offline LuverlyRita

• metar made
  • Kopite
« Reply #70739 on: November 1, 2023, 09:39:58 am »
Younger family members seem to be having the worst symptoms.
Presumably not recently vaccinated?  Big questions need to be asked about the ongoing vaccination policy. What is the cost of a vaccine compared to the lost of earnings or ongoing medical costs?

Offline thejbs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #70740 on: November 1, 2023, 09:57:13 am »
I would have to presume not. I’ve not been vaccinated in over a year either.

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70741 on: November 1, 2023, 10:21:23 am »
A mate died during lockdown and I was so annoyed with the rules that I couldn’t go to his funeral. At the weekend my aunt died and her funeral has become a kind of super spreader event. Absolutely brutal this time too. Can’t shift the headache and feel like I’ve been hit by a bus. Younger family members seem to be having the worst symptoms.

5 weeks on, and I'm still breathless, tight around my chest, feel sick, and cannot taste and smell properly.  I'm asthmatic, qualified for the booster a year ago, but not the recent one.

Offline thejbs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #70742 on: November 1, 2023, 10:36:59 am »
I’m asthmatic too. No real breathing probs but the headache is crazy. Almost made me vomit. Aching all over and a sore throat. Gonna miss Slowdive this weekend ffs!

Offline filopastry

• seldom posts but often delivers
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let me tell you a story.........
« Reply #70743 on: November 1, 2023, 10:37:26 am »
5 weeks on, and I'm still breathless, tight around my chest, feel sick, and cannot taste and smell properly.  I'm asthmatic, qualified for the booster a year ago, but not the recent one.

I'm 4 weeks on and still not fully 100%, most of the weird post Covid stuff has cleared up but my sleep is still a bit of a mess which is annoying

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #70744 on: November 1, 2023, 10:38:04 am »
My eldest is asthmatic and got floored when it did the rounds in his school at the start of Autumn.  He's still not able to get back to football, cross country running or swimming as his lungs hurt.  The GP is of the opinion that he needs to keep taking his preventer inhaler and ride it out (which, in fairness to her, is what he's done with other flare-ups but never lasting anything like this long).

Both of ours were vaccinated in 2022 when they were last able to but I expect the protection offered is almost zero now.  That said, his little brother was presumably also infected and barely had a runny nose.

I hope you manage to shake off the lingering symptoms soon!

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70745 on: November 1, 2023, 11:23:23 am »
My eldest is asthmatic and got floored when it did the rounds in his school at the start of Autumn.  He's still not able to get back to football, cross country running or swimming as his lungs hurt.  The GP is of the opinion that he needs to keep taking his preventer inhaler and ride it out (which, in fairness to her, is what he's done with other flare-ups but never lasting anything like this long).

Both of ours were vaccinated in 2022 when they were last able to but I expect the protection offered is almost zero now.  That said, his little brother was presumably also infected and barely had a runny nose.

I hope you manage to shake off the lingering symptoms soon!

Thanks.  Hope your boy feels better soon too.

It's not something I look forward to experiencing, every year.  Some people are lucky and hardly get any symptoms at all, or are over it, within a week.

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70746 on: November 1, 2023, 11:31:47 am »
I don't think I had any bad effects from my recent and only bout to be honest. 

I remember leaving my morning coffee for a couple of days as it tasted horrible, had a couple of days under the duvet on the settee dozing and had a snotty nose which has only just cleared up and the bad sleep pattern is still happening.

I didn't really suffer with daytime headaches but they were waking me up early then stopped me getting back to sleep.  Once I was up though they cleared up fairly quickly.

Can't say I was particularly fatigued either as I was still walking the dogs, working and gardening as well as cooking, cleaning and shopping.

I've nothing to compare to though as I've not had COVID previously and didn't have any symptoms after any of my jabs. 

Hopefully you'll all fully recover soon.

I'll add that I've had one of the worst attack of coldsores I've ever had, with 5 in quick succession!!
« Last Edit: November 1, 2023, 11:52:13 am by reddebs »

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70747 on: November 1, 2023, 01:11:17 pm »
Former deputy cabinet secretary on today as per covid inquiry (the one who was the butt of Cummings misogynist ire yesterday) and she states Johnson and his cabinet were laughing at the scenes from Italy when covid was killing loads there. Johnson thought we (UK) would ‘sail’ through covid easily.

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Veo, to his mates. Shares 50% of his DNA with a banana. Would dearly love to strangle Frankengoose. Lo! Be he not ye Messiah, verily be he a child of questionable conduct in the eyes of Ye Holy Border Guards.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I... think I am, therefore...I....maybe.
« Reply #70748 on: November 1, 2023, 01:19:29 pm »
She said that the over confidence and machismo made Cabinet like a 'Superhero bunfight', and Hancock constantly misled Cabinet about there being  a pandemic 'plan' - which there wasn't.
NAKED BOOBERY

Rile-Me costed L. Nee-Naw "The Child" Torrence the first jack the hat-trick since Eon Rush vs Accursed Toffos, many moons passed. Nee-Naw he could have done a concreted his palace in the pantyhose off the LibPole Gods...was not was for the invented intervention of Rile-Me whistler.

Offline thejbs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #70749 on: November 1, 2023, 01:47:45 pm »
Spoke too soon on the breathlessness. Been gradually getting worse over the past hour. Taste is weirdly metallic too. A mate who is a GP said he’s getting more people complaining about worse symptoms than previous bouts of Covid.

Offline Crumble

• It's rhyming slang
  • Kopite
« Reply #70750 on: November 1, 2023, 02:42:24 pm »
Listening to the deputy cabinet secretary Helen Macnamara answering questions today, the most remarkable thing is the contrast between Helen's intelligence and competence vs the stupidity and fuckwittery of our politicians. She's a great advertisement for the caliber of our senior civil servants.

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70751 on: November 1, 2023, 03:04:15 pm »
Spoke too soon on the breathlessness. Been gradually getting worse over the past hour. Taste is weirdly metallic too. A mate who is a GP said he’s getting more people complaining about worse symptoms than previous bouts of Covid.

I've heard that too.  I've had it once before and feeling sick wasn't one of them then.

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70752 on: November 1, 2023, 03:09:05 pm »
Listening to the deputy cabinet secretary Helen Macnamara answering questions today, the most remarkable thing is the contrast between Helen's intelligence and competence vs the stupidity and fuckwittery of our politicians. She's a great advertisement for the caliber of our senior civil servants.

The lack of professionalism and language used (by politicians and advisors) demonstrated in the last couple of days would not be tolerated in any other working environment. Just remember these are the people that are at the top of the chain when there are public enquiries about systematic failures in hospitals, police forces, military etc. and yet they are not fit to run their own office. The senior, competent, civil servants must hate these people.
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70753 on: November 1, 2023, 05:00:27 pm »
Johnson asked scientists about ‘special hairdryer to kill Covid’, says Cummings

Former adviser tells inquiry of ‘low point’ in pandemic response, saying then-PM was ‘extremely distracted’

Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson asked the top scientists Sir Chris Whitty and Sir Patrick Vallance if Covid could be destroyed by blowing a “special hairdryer” up the nose, according to Dominic Cummings.

Johnson’s former senior political adviser described this moment as a “low point”, with the ex-prime minister circulating a YouTube video of a man using a device for this purpose.

Cummings said Johnson had also asked him to find a “dead cat” to get the coronavirus pandemic off the front pages of newspapers, because he was “sick” of it. The “dead cat” refers to a strategy for political meddling by circulating striking claims in order to divert attention away from an unwanted story.

The former adviser made these claims in his witness statement submitted to the Covid inquiry.

In the alleged hairdryer episode, the then prime minister was said to have sent a video, subsequently deleted from YouTube, to a WhatsApp group with his top scientists.

Cummings wrote: “A low point was when [Johnson] circulated a video of a guy blowing a special hairdryer up his nose ‘to kill Covid’ and asked the CSA [chief scientific adviser] and CMO [chief medical officer] what they thought.”

He also repeated a suggestion that Johnson was working on a biography of William Shakespeare rather than the pandemic while on a two-week holiday in February 2020.

“He was extremely distracted,” Cummings said. “He had a divorce to finalise and was grappling with financial problems from that plus his girlfriend’s spending plans for the No 10 flat, which he raised repeatedly from early January.

“An ex-girlfriend was making accusations about him in the media. His current girlfriend wanted to finalise the announcement of their engagement. He said he wanted to work on his Shakespeare book.”

It comes after Cummings told the Covid inquiry on Tuesday how the “dysfunctional system” during a “meltdown of the British state” failed to deal with the crisis, as Johnson downplayed the pandemic.

Cummings said vulnerable groups such as ethnic minorities and domestic abuse victims were “entirely appallingly neglected” during lockdown considerations. He said “one of the most appalling things” was the lack of a shielding plan in March 2020, “and the Cabinet Office was trying to block us creating a shielding plan”.

The former adviser was forced to deny claims of misogyny after referring to the then deputy cabinet secretary as “that c*nt”. The inquiry was shown Cummings’ expletive-laden WhatsApp messages about Helen MacNamara from 2020, in which he said he would “handcuff her and escort her” from Downing Street.

The counsel to the inquiry, Hugo Keith KC, put to Johnson’s former adviser on Tuesday that he “denigrated women”, to which he replied: “No, that’s not correct. I was not misogynistic.”

Cummings apologised for the “deplorable” language he used in the messages.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2023/nov/01/special-hairdryer-to-kill-covid-johnson-asked-scientists-about-video-says-cummings
« Last Edit: November 1, 2023, 05:15:41 pm by Red-Soldier »

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70754 on: November 1, 2023, 05:12:55 pm »
Johnson asked scientists about ‘special hairdryer to kill Covid’, says Cummings

Former adviser tells inquiry of ‘low point’ in pandemic response, saying then-PM was ‘extremely distracted’

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2023/nov/01/special-hairdryer-to-kill-covid-johnson-asked-scientists-about-video-says-cummings

Similar to Trump’s comments about whether bleach or UV type treatment would defeat covid.

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Batshit fucker and Chief Yuletide Porcine Voyeur
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70755 on: November 1, 2023, 08:40:02 pm »
After a bit of sleuthing and digging, I've located a copy of the deleted 'hairdryer cure for COVID' video Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson found so persuasive.

https://www.facebook.com/WePrioritizeYourHealth/posts/2819446291505014/

What an idiot. ::)
would rather have a wank wearing a barb wire glove
If you're chasing thrills, try a bit of auto-asphyxiation with a poppers-soaked orange in your gob.

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #70756 on: November 1, 2023, 09:54:27 pm »
I'm not sure it's hugely problematic asking about a potential treatment (hairdryer). Though I suspect he and Dyson are pals so maybe there was a grift there.
I don't think UV is a particularly bad idea either. Though the results should quickly put that to bed. Bleach however.....
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #70757 on: November 1, 2023, 10:49:00 pm »
Similar to Trump’s comments about whether bleach or UV type treatment would defeat covid.
It must have worked for those who tried. Too bad they are not among us to make their case...
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #70758 on: November 2, 2023, 09:41:35 am »
It must have worked for those who tried. Too bad they are not among us to make their case...

But it was the bleach that killed them not Covid so, in a way, the definitely proved beyond all reasonable doubt that Covid isn’t fatal. ;D

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70759 on: November 7, 2023, 07:51:15 pm »
Another corker from the worse PM in living memory was dropped today at the inquiry

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-67347456