Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10
The Boozer / Re: The small things in life that make you happy
« Last post by Kenny's Jacket on Today at 12:09:52 pm »
Waking up with a hangover but remembering you still have last nights Andhra chilli chicken in the kitchen

Bosh
Whether you watch it or not isn’t the point, I don’t watch it either but the point is it’s one of the most prominent media enterprises that there is and they discussed it and made the point that plenty of here are making so to make the point that the media have all unanimously ignored it is incorrect.

The media by and large aren’t there to protect PGMOL, they’re there to make money via whatever generates the most views and clicks. It’s largely the media’s fault that we got VAR in the first place due to the likes of MOTD and Sky crucifying referees for ages whenever they made an error, obviously sometimes that was more just than others but the point is they’re certainly not trying to protect them or downplay the errors.

I watched the game on a US stream and the difference in how the incident was reported at the time on NBC compared to TNT and MOTD was incredible. Dixon instantly called Taylor and out and stated that he had told the keeper to go down. Pearce instantly backed the ref and said he had seen he was injured.
Liverpool FC Forum / Re: Darwin Núñez (Darwin Gabriel Núñez Ribeiro)
« Last post by Vinay on Today at 12:09:02 pm »
Would a forward line of Leao, Jota and Nunez be good enough?
Liverpool FC Forum / Re: Mohamed Salah - Best in the World *
« Last post by A-Bomb on Today at 12:09:01 pm »
I wouldnt exactly tell our Mo Salah to get fucked, however I do think this should be the end for him at our club.

He has been so far off the mark in recent weeks, he should understand why he is on the bench. I wouldn't expect him to be happy with it, like all elite athletes.

However, to publicly argue with our outgoing legend of a manager is so fucking petulant it's unreal.

That shit belong at other clubs, not Liverpool Football Club.

I know Klopp can be very diplomatic, and had this been at a different time in Klopp's tenure, I would fully support him privately launching a rocket at Salah.

For him to do that, to Jurgen when he is obviously feeling down as it is, and in public is a piss take from Mo.

He will forever be a club legend, but it's best to start this new era without him.

I’m happy to tell him to get fucked.Id tear up his contract today if I could.

He’s been an absolute hero for us as a player, one of our all time greats. But once the murals have washed away and his song stopped being sung - there will still be a statue outside of Jurgen Klopp.

One of the qualities Jurgen expects from the culture he cultivates is humility and resoect - and yesterday thus gobshite thought he is bigger than all that, honestly I’d drag him out the door. Is he he so fucking stupid and arrogant he can’t see why he’s been benched, he’s been fucking atrocious for weeks. To then publically undermine the boss because ‘his feelings are hurt’ he can get fucked.

Are you ok?

Why wasn't it reported on the BBC match report?

Liverpool FC Forum / Re: Mohamed Salah - Best in the World *
« Last post by Coolie High on Today at 12:07:42 pm »
Who was Mo Salah before he worked with Jurgen anyway?

A Chelsea reject that was putting up decent numbers in a "weakened" Seria A. This manager and this club made him what he is today. No one is bigger than the club.

Silly post, Salah was already on his way to being a top class player at Roma. Klopp needed good players to win the league and CL, he wouldn’t have done it with Karius and Origi.
General Football and Sport / Re: Everton - The 777 Unflushables
« Last post by 12C on Today at 12:07:36 pm »
It was 1-0. I remember it. They celebrated like they'd won the world cup.  :lmao

King dined out on that goal for decades. It's the only thing of note I ever recall him doing.
There had been
3popes
3presidents
3 Archbishops of Canterbury (or prime ministers or some such)
In between that win and the previous one
I don’t know mate but just because it wasn’t on every single form of reporting doesn’t discredit the fact that it was on the BBC’s flagship media enterprise for PL football.

More people will watch MOTD than will read a match report.

I've seen plenty of BBC match reports where they say things like 'this appeared to have happened' - this was probably the most bent thing I've seen in English football. Seems like a pretty big deal and it's a bit odd that people that are literally paid to watch and report on a match 'didn't see it'

In the same way, as people have said, the media can hear PGMOL - so it's not like they are unaware of what is being said.

I wonder what would have to happen for people to think that it's not quite right. You'd think an official assaulting a football player on the pitch in full view of everyone might make people wonder, or perhaps someone catching the ball in the area, spinning around, dropping it on the floor and running off with it might look a bit odd? Then you have a player clearly onside being flagged and reviewed as offside. That was a bit odd, or a player clearly getting kicked in the chest that somehow wasn't 'a thing'

The game is as bent as fuck and has been for years and it's not all to do with Liverpool. Some teams get fucked over every game. Some teams get every decision going.

I don't even know what the answer is any more. Miking them up so they can be heard has made it worse. Having people that can sit there and see exactly what happened has made it much, much worse. The media have made it worse by selectively commenting on what they want to comment on and ignoring what they don't. The PGMOL have made it worse by being completely unaccountable and letting their members work for actual clubs in the league.

Football is an absolute fucking shitshow at the moment. These c*nts have turned 'The beautiful game' into a random shit show of lies, bullshit, mediocrity and wankers.
Not like you to miss irony Rossi.
Oh I didn't miss it, I just wanted to reiterate it for effect.
For centreback i would go for one of Todibo or Colwill. For the attack it depends on the position but Id want to push the boat out for Napoli lad, Wirtz or Musiala, failing that Olise or see if we can get Minteh off Newcastle’s hands. If its a striker then Openda or Boniface.

For the midfield i have no idea.

That would be enough but if we want a full back then its Ait-Nouri or Maatsen.

I reckon we'll be in for some shocks. I doubt we spend £100m on a player though. Wirtz and Musiala will be that and more.

I'm still shocked we let Lukeba go to Leipzig for £28m.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10