Author Topic: PL: Liverpool 0 vs 0 Chelsea  (Read 22322 times)

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
PL: Liverpool 0 vs 0 Chelsea
« on: January 21, 2023, 11:36:24 am »

Officials
Referee:   Michael Oliver
Assistants:   S. Burt   S. Bennett
Fourth official:   D. England

After the welcome win and good display against Wolves we get back to the bread and butter of the league. I was very impressed by Milner and Bajcetic against Wolves; we all know about Milner and how good he is at pulling out performance after performance. At the other end of his career is Bajcetic and he looks a very promising player. Against Wolves, he was always alert to where he should be and when to close down space. He, Doak and Elliott are very good young players who are still developing. My favourite player recently has been Konate. He rarely losses a tackle and is so cool under pressure.

Normally this would be a top of the table or top 4 clash but this season both teams have been struggling. Who would have thought that both sides would be behind Fulham, Brighton and Brentford in 9th and 10th places, 10 points off 4th. It’s going to be a big challenge for either team to get into the top 4 but let’s see how things pan out. We have stuttered and stumbled along and, to be honest, we were totally outplayed by Brighton in our last league game. Most of us believe that we need a major overhaul in midfield which may happen if we get new owners but in the meantime Thiago, Bajcetic and Keita look a good option.

Our forward line was once the most feared in Europe but this season we have suffered a lot of injuries. Jota and Diaz have been a big loss. Unfortunately both are still out.

I hope that Nunez will be back which should give us a big boost. He is a player who can run away from defenders and exploit any space behind them. Salah may have lost a bit of pace but he is still one of the very best at converting chances. We haven’t seen much of Gakpo yet and he has yet to show what he can do. Nunez gives us much more threat and will certainly get and make chances.

Skipping our midfield, which is what most teams do against us, our backs have looked all over the place at times so we need to tighten up and play as a cohesive unit like we did against Wolves.

Turning to Chelsea, if they loose then the pressure will come on Potter whose record since taking charge is only 42% win rate which is about 15% to 20% less than Chelsea would expect; only Hiddink has had a worse record in recent years. Admittedly it would be harsh as he has only had about 20 games in charge but Hiddink only lasted 27 games.

Then there’s their ridiculous scattergun approach to transfers this season. I think they have spend over £400M since the takeover which is astounding.

A list of recent transfers includes:

Mykhailo Mudryk from Shakhtar Donetsk, £88.5m
Wesley Fofana from Leicester, £75m
Marc Cucurella from Brighton, £60m
Raheem Sterling from Man City, £47.5m
Benoit Badiashile from Monaco, £35m
Kalidou Koulibaly from Napoli, £33m
Carney Chukwuemeka from Aston Villa, £20m
Andrey Santos from Vasco da Gama, £18m
Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang from Barcelona, £10.3m
Gabriel Slonina from Chicago Fire, £9m
David Datro Fofana from Molde, £8m
Denis Zakaria from Juventus, loan
Joao Felix from Atletico Madrid, £9.7m loan

It’s not a list that I would say is full of amazing players and I think Chelsea don’t have any idea of what they are doing. There appears to be no communication between Boehly and Potter and the manager seems to be kept out of the loop and is there solely as a coach. It’s not the way I want us to be managed. Klopp builds a team and looks for players who can play in his style.

Yes it would be great to have that kind of money for Klopp to spend but I have to raise at least one eyebrow at the length of the contracts that the new Chelsea players are getting. Their most recent signing, Mudryk, got an eight and a half year contract. The lengths of contracts will probably come back and bite them later. They will have quite a lot of players whose contract doesn’t expire until their early 30s. Some of these players will be hard to get rid of if their performances start to fall away. Anyway that’s their problem and has no bearing on the match.

Looking at the head to head record over the last three seasons in all competitions we have won 7, drawn 3 and lost 3. The last two wins in the cups have been on penalties with the League Cup win last February needing us to score 11 penalties in a row with Kelleher scoring the winning penalty.

Both teams need to win and to turn their league season around. Both teams do have the quality to win but we should be favourites at home. I expect that Potter will send his team out fired up as his job may be on the line so it will be important that we match their determination.

I think it will no surprise if I say that we need to win our midfield battles. We lost nearly every battle against Brighton and if that continues then I cannot see us winning even against a poor Chelsea side. The trio that started against Wolves have a nice blend of creativity and intensity and maybe they will start. We do have the players to hurt Chelsea and I expect that we will pull out a performance that shows the quality that we have. There would be no better way to go on a long winning run than to completely dominate this match and win comfortably.

Our manager has done so much for the club as have his players so let's see the passion and hunger back.
Support and believe.......make us dream Jurgen.

So who will start and how do you see the game going?

« Last Edit: January 21, 2023, 12:34:55 pm by TepidT2O »
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
Re: PL: Liverpool vs Chelsea
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2023, 11:38:21 am »
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2023, 11:39:21 am »
W

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Guru Jim
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2023, 11:54:59 am »
Greetings earthlings, your match commentary today is provided by:

1st half
TepidT2O... 0-15
BobPaisley3... 16-30
Wabaloolah on his debut... 31-45

2nd half
Wabaloolah if he's still sane... 45-60
jillc... 61-75
TepidT2O... 76-90+

As usual, please only PM a commentator when they're not doing their bolded text slot. You can PM views/observations to me also. We publish the ones that add value to the thread :wave

PS - if you fancy giving this commentating malarky a go, drop me a line, as per the thread in feedback/announcements!

« Last Edit: January 21, 2023, 12:04:12 pm by 24/7 »

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2023, 12:04:30 pm »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/oAKbUnCGwwQ" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/oAKbUnCGwwQ</a>

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2023, 12:05:16 pm »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/oAKbUnCGwwQ" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/oAKbUnCGwwQ</a>

;D
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2023, 12:13:57 pm »
Also, ICYMI, gotta love RAWK humour - new guy posts in pre-match thread, gets this reply!

:lmao

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2023, 12:14:12 pm »
We need to get behind this team and support them and not worry about who we are playing.

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2023, 12:30:29 pm »
Truly rousing rendition of YNWA. Can you hear the Chelsea sing? Naaaaaah.......

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2023, 12:30:35 pm »
I’m not saying it’s cold on Merseyside, but only Klopp’s eyes are visible :lmao
W

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2023, 12:30:58 pm »
0 we’re underway and the reds attack the anfield road end.
W

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2023, 12:33:30 pm »
1 mighty scythe by Robbo on Gallagher… somehow escapes  a booking!

Corner for Chelsea

FFS 0-1 Havertz

We don’t clear it, Alisson saves, it’s hit back in, hits the post, and they score.

W

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
Re: PL: Liverpool 0 vs 1 Chelsea Havertz 3’
« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2023, 12:34:18 pm »
I only hope that they’ve scored too early
W

Offline Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2023, 12:34:36 pm »
Unbelievable start, yet again!
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2023, 12:34:43 pm »
Hang on, it’s offside…

Fucking hell

What a let off!
W

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2023, 12:35:21 pm »
Hang on, it’s offside…

Fucking hell

What a let off!
Very, very well played by Millie - watch how closely on the replay just how well he sprang the offside trap there.

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
Re: PL: Liverpool 0 vs 0 Chelsea
« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2023, 12:35:44 pm »
Usually we concede straight after a goal is disallowed by VAR so fingers crossed we stop that 
W

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2023, 12:35:58 pm »
It look's like it was Havertz's foot.

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2023, 12:36:44 pm »
5 Salah released down the right by Bajcetic, he cuts it back to Gakpo who puts it over…

Chance that
W

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2023, 12:37:07 pm »
Usually we concede straight after a goal is disallowed by VAR so fingers crossed we stop that 
Reasons To Be Hopeful Today #1 - this time we almost scored one......so....... ;)

Offline Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2023, 12:39:34 pm »
Salah on the right, Gakpo through the middle and Harvey on the left up top
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Offline BobPaisley3

• SirAlexFerguson2, the bad manc twat :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2023, 12:41:22 pm »
I like the idea of Gakpo through the middle. Doesn’t have a great deal of pace but clever player, ala Bobby. Surround him with pace in wide areas and it could work.
94 Corner to us. Last kick. Ali in the box and he’s scored

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #22 on: January 21, 2023, 12:42:58 pm »
12 Chelsea have most of the ball, but it’s all a bit bitty from bits sides so far
W

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #23 on: January 21, 2023, 12:45:52 pm »
14 Liverpool denied a corner from a mistake for the lino

Over to Sir Bob
W

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24 on: January 21, 2023, 12:46:55 pm »

Offline BobPaisley3

• Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #25 on: January 21, 2023, 12:47:24 pm »
16 Poor throw from Robbo into the central part of the pitch, Chelsea pounce but Millie slides in to avert the danger.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #26 on: January 21, 2023, 12:49:47 pm »
James Milner has been really good so far, organising and he's been quick to put his foot in when he's needed too.

Offline BobPaisley3

• Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #27 on: January 21, 2023, 12:50:46 pm »
20 Gakpo with some great pressing to win the ball back from Chelsea on the edge of their box. He then blasts over from about 20 yards.

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28 on: January 21, 2023, 12:50:59 pm »
Can someone please remind Gakpo that it's Association Football and not Rugby League? ;)

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #29 on: January 21, 2023, 12:52:01 pm »
The way Salah is getting in behind their defences makes me hopeful about what Nunez might do to them
W

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #30 on: January 21, 2023, 12:52:07 pm »
He's a bit anxious and is snatching a bit at shots, I hope he gets a goal soon.

Offline BobPaisley3

• Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #31 on: January 21, 2023, 12:52:47 pm »
22 Havertz squares it to Mount who slips when he’s about to shoot inside the box. We don’t clear and Chelsea come again but Gallagher shoots wide from a tight angle.

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #32 on: January 21, 2023, 12:53:46 pm »
22 Havertz squares it to Mount who slips when he’s about to shoot inside the box. We don’t clear and Chelsea come again but Gallagher shoots wide from a tight angle.
It was Hall with the shot… went out for a throw in the end…
Two teams with zero confidence here
W

Offline BobPaisley3

• Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #33 on: January 21, 2023, 12:54:27 pm »
23 Gomez forced to concede a corner under pressure from Mount. It’s taken short and we scramble it clear. It comes back again but Ali easily saves Gallaghers volley.

Offline BobPaisley3

• Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #34 on: January 21, 2023, 12:58:11 pm »
27 Break in play while Cucarella is down after an innocuous clash with Mo

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35 on: January 21, 2023, 01:00:20 pm »
27 Break in play while Cucarella is down after an innocuous clash with Mo
Didn't he smash his own ankle against Mo's boot then collapse like a flan in a cupboard about 5mm from the touchline?

Ah well. Gives the stadium announcer an opportunity to (correctly) remind us all not to break the law with illegal chanting. Looking forward to the day that that includes away fans singing victims etc to us........two wrongs don't make a right but level the playing field eh?

Offline BobPaisley3

• Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #36 on: January 21, 2023, 01:00:33 pm »
29 We’re back underway and it’s more of the same. Not much being created at either end.

Offline BobPaisley3

• Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #37 on: January 21, 2023, 01:02:03 pm »
30 Free kick conceded on the left by Keita, midway inside our half. We don’t deal with it and Ali bails us out again. Header was from about five yards, straight at him but he had to react.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2023, 01:03:34 pm by BobPaisley3 »

Offline BobPaisley3

• Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #38 on: January 21, 2023, 01:02:14 pm »
Over to Waba

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan