Author Topic: Man City - the Lisbon Lyons, the Porto Pussycats, the Bernabeu Bottlers  (Read 2127157 times)

Online The North Bank

• Can even make the sun shine in Manchester
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Man City - the Lisbon Lyons, the Porto Pussycats, the Bernabeu Bottlers
« Reply #30960 on: January 25, 2023, 03:46:58 pm »
Went to see E.T. there. My first ever trip to the cinema I think. :D

What movie did you watch

:D

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #30961 on: January 25, 2023, 03:49:44 pm »
Debbie Does Dallas

or

Rita Sue and Bob too

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #30962 on: January 25, 2023, 04:13:41 pm »
;D

Its just north of Liverpool, its most famous thing is the Gormley statues on the beach and some players live there I think, I think I've read Carra lives out that way.
Yes, Carragher lives there. Loads of players have, including Gerrard, McManaman, Fowler, Henchoz. Andy Carroll  :-X Tommy Smith. Ancelotti lived there when he was taking the Bitters for millions.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2023, 04:19:49 pm by Son of Spion »
Beware The County Road Headlockers.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30963 on: January 25, 2023, 04:19:05 pm »
Kirkby baths were brilliant too, same thing, kids pool, great big main pool and a 3 board diving pool. Think we used to do Crosby just to have a day out
Crosby baths were a great day out. Great location right next to the beach. Demolished and replaced years ago now. The new pool is smaller and the building looks like a big UFO, so makes a great picture if you use it as a backdrop to one of the iron men. Like something out of 'The Day The Earth Stood Still'.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30964 on: January 25, 2023, 05:49:44 pm »
Crosby baths were a great day out. Great location right next to the beach. Demolished and replaced years ago now. The new pool is smaller and the building looks like a big UFO, so makes a great picture if you use it as a backdrop to one of the iron men. Like something out of 'The Day The Earth Stood Still'.

Just Googled that, fuck that is one ugly building.
Fuck the Tories

Online Lee0-3Liv

• Daddy Discord
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30965 on: January 25, 2023, 06:05:35 pm »
Rita Sue and Bob too

I remember that was on telly a few years ago and the next day in work one of the older lads asked this young lad "did you see Rita Sue and Bob Too last night?" Young fella said "no, didn't even see the first one"

Offline 19th Nervous Title

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #30966 on: January 25, 2023, 06:06:56 pm »
And home to West Lancs golf course.
Emily Hobhouse. Britain's finest.

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30967 on: January 25, 2023, 06:13:12 pm »
Just Googled that, fuck that is one ugly building.

The new, UFO one? https://www.flickr.com/photos/pauls_web_pics/10875733526/in/photostream/

Mind you, the original was a crumbling eyesore. The sea air absolutely ravaged it.

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30968 on: January 25, 2023, 06:14:17 pm »
It's a shame LCC couldn't keep up with maintance and running costs of these great pools. What happened to Woolton Baths is a bit of a mystery, locals raised thousands of pounds for filters to help get it reopened.

Then out of the blue, without public consultation LCC put the building up for sale. Last I heard under the 'freedom of information act' people, rightly want answers to how this sale process came about and what happened to funds raised by members of the public to keep the pool open.
Was Chippy Tits the Mayor then? ::)
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline SamLad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #30969 on: January 26, 2023, 09:05:11 am »
;D

Its just north of Liverpool, its most famous thing is the Gormley statues on the beach and some players live there I think, I think I've read Carra lives out that way.
the baths --- don't forget the baths!!

edit:  oops.  you didn't.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2023, 09:08:11 am by SamLad »

Offline moondog

• dot com! Wake him up before he go-gos.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30970 on: January 26, 2023, 09:25:18 am »
It's got the fantastic Crosby Plaza Cinema too, proper old school Indepenent Flicks.. Cheap to get in, free parking right outside, best Cinema (after The Woolton!) on Merseyside.

Woolton Cinema been boarded up for two years now sadly. This also despite some local fundraising. Great place that will degenerate until it has to be demolished and no doubt fancy apartments built in its place.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30971 on: January 26, 2023, 09:35:01 am »
The new, UFO one? https://www.flickr.com/photos/pauls_web_pics/10875733526/in/photostream/

Mind you, the original was a crumbling eyesore. The sea air absolutely ravaged it.

Mars Attacks :lmao
Fuck the Tories

Offline sheepfest

• Kopite
  • JFT 97
« Reply #30972 on: January 26, 2023, 09:41:25 am »

Woolton Cinema been boarded up for two years now sadly. This also despite some local fundraising. Great place that will degenerate until it has to be demolished and no doubt fancy apartments built in its place.
Supposedly reopens spring of this year so fingers crossed.

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30973 on: January 26, 2023, 10:03:36 am »
;D ;D
Bloody Hell. Go on the City thread and there's a big discussion on a North Liverpool suburb.
Old Crosby baths was great, but if I remember there was a bit of a scandal about the quality of the building. They used the wrong concrete and it couldn't cope with the sea air, which is why they knocked it down. It lasted for less than 35 years.

That's the thing about building down there, you can't skimp on the materials. You need the quality to cope with the conditions. Meanwhile, 4 miles north....

Edit: South. Got my Geography wrong there
« Last Edit: January 26, 2023, 01:41:48 pm by Charlie Adams fried egg »

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30974 on: January 26, 2023, 11:12:17 am »
Crosby is a lot more interesting and honest than Abu Dhabi Sportswashers
Fuck the Tories

Online The North Bank

• Can even make the sun shine in Manchester
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30975 on: January 26, 2023, 12:00:09 pm »
City could win the next 15 titles and itíll be less interesting than learning about Crosby in the north of Liverpool!

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30976 on: January 26, 2023, 12:54:46 pm »
;D ;D
Bloody Hell. Go on the City thread and there's a big discussion on a North Liverpool suburb.
Old Crosby baths was great, but if I remember there was a bit of a scandal about the quality of the building. They used the wrong concrete and it couldn't cope with the sea air, which is why they knocked it down. It lasted for less than 35 years.

That's the thing about building down there, you can't skimp on the materials. You need the quality to cope with the conditions. Meanwhile, 4 miles north....
By talking about Crosby and the baths the quality of the subject matter of the thread has jumped fifty fold.  :D

You're right about materials. A few developments on the coast there have had problems. The flats built on the site of the old Seapoint mansion were letting water in. It even got on Granada Reports if I remember correctly. They changed the name of the development after the problems were finally sorted out.

Also, two new build closes off Burbo Bank Road had shite pointing and virtually all of them have had to be redone by the people who bought them. The wind and sea air just stripped the pointing out.

I'd comment on Abu Dhabi but there's nothing much to say other than they're still a bunch of sportswashing cheats.  :wave

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30977 on: January 26, 2023, 01:44:15 pm »
By talking about Crosby and the baths the quality of the subject matter of the thread has jumped fifty fold.  :D

You're right about materials. A few developments on the coast there have had problems. The flats built on the site of the old Seapoint mansion were letting water in. It even got on Granada Reports if I remember correctly. They changed the name of the development after the problems were finally sorted out.

Also, two new build closes off Burbo Bank Road had shite pointing and virtually all of them have had to be redone by the people who bought them. The wind and sea air just stripped the pointing out.

I'd comment on Abu Dhabi but there's nothing much to say other than they're still a bunch of sportswashing cheats.  :wave
Lets just hope they don't skimp on the materials further down the coast! Where's the weatherproofing money Bill?

Online Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #30978 on: January 26, 2023, 02:27:05 pm »
Satterthwaites does some lovely bakes. Always call in when I'm in Crosby.
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Online Crosby Nick

• is a cushy number for the Plod who work in this largely crime free suburb. Ate two, Brucey. Thread locker extraordinaire. Might answer to Nick CRoxy. Imaginary cock prognosticator. Has experience of being a bit of a floating twat. Well drilled at the back
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #30979 on: January 26, 2023, 02:29:59 pm »
Satterthwaites does some lovely bakes. Always call in when I'm in Crosby.

Now weíre talking.

Online Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #30980 on: January 26, 2023, 02:31:44 pm »
Now weíre talking.

I know you probably got excited at the thought of a pork pie, but by being first to reply it made my post awfully suspicious when reading back.
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Online Crosby Nick

• is a cushy number for the Plod who work in this largely crime free suburb. Ate two, Brucey. Thread locker extraordinaire. Might answer to Nick CRoxy. Imaginary cock prognosticator. Has experience of being a bit of a floating twat. Well drilled at the back
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #30981 on: January 26, 2023, 03:16:16 pm »
I know you probably got excited at the thought of a pork pie, but by being first to reply it made my post awfully suspicious when reading back.

:lmao

Got to keep those energy levels up.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30982 on: January 26, 2023, 03:21:55 pm »

:lmao
Fuck the Tories