Author Topic: Bundesliga Thread  (Read 1071792 times)

Offline Dave McCoy

• "Don't you know who I am?!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
Re: Bundesliga Thread
« Reply #17040 on: September 30, 2022, 08:03:38 pm »
Hull vs Luton for me.

Nothing like an early relegation battle in the Championship to start your weekend!

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17041 on: September 30, 2022, 08:11:27 pm »
Mane just scored, left footed strike into the bottom corner from the edge of the area.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17042 on: September 30, 2022, 08:13:48 pm »
Nothing like an early relegation battle in the Championship to start your weekend!

Luton were in the playoffs last season and are there at the moment as well. Not that I'm watching it really.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline anandg_lfc

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #17043 on: September 30, 2022, 08:19:43 pm »
Hradecky is one of the worst goalkeepers i have seen. How is the guy playing at top division? Up there with hans-jorg butt as the most overrated keepers in bundesliga history.

Musiala has taken his game to another level. In a short time, he has become bayern's most important player. Going to be massive for germany and looks much even better under flick.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17044 on: September 30, 2022, 08:33:57 pm »
Hradecky is one of the worst goalkeepers i have seen. How is the guy playing at top division? Up there with hans-jorg butt as the most overrated keepers in bundesliga history.

Musiala has taken his game to another level. In a short time, he has become bayern's most important player. Going to be massive for germany and looks much even better under flick.

Everyone was watching Bellingham but I thought Musiala looked streets better than anyone on that field.

Offline anandg_lfc

• Anny Roader
« Reply #17045 on: September 30, 2022, 08:40:57 pm »
Everyone was watching Bellingham but I thought Musiala looked streets better than anyone on that field.

He plays in a more mature fashion for germany. Very impressed with his positioning and defensive shift.

Offline Dave McCoy

• "Don't you know who I am?!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #17046 on: September 30, 2022, 09:48:03 pm »
Luton were in the playoffs last season and are there at the moment as well. Not that I'm watching it really.

Don't want to derail this thread but getting into the playoffs in the Championship is not by default a mark of a good team, at least for me.

Online Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17047 on: October 1, 2022, 06:10:11 pm »
Not many teams around do a total collapse like Gladbach. It’s part of their DNA.

Offline mobydick

• Comes in any flavour
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thatcherite refugee
« Reply #17048 on: October 5, 2022, 12:05:30 pm »
Seoane apparently being sacked and Bayer are tying to get Xabi Alonso in

Online Gerry Attrick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #17049 on: October 5, 2022, 12:10:28 pm »
No surprise. The sacking bit that is. Their home game against Augsburg was enough for me to see they’re broken beyond his capabilities. Alonso is interesting.

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #17050 on: October 5, 2022, 12:14:44 pm »
Seoane apparently being sacked and Bayer are tying to get Xabi Alonso in

Weird situation for me that.

Seoane did well in his first season in Bundesliga to finish 3rd, and qualify for CL, and of course he did very well in Swiss Bundesliga for a number of seasons.

There is such a lack of trust and patience with coaches in Bundesliga now though.  So he clearly isn’t going to get that time to turn it around, maybe they feel it’s more than ‘just’ on field matters too.

But they really do love a high turnover of coaches in Buli, no time given to anyone. Alonso best get going quickly! 

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #17051 on: October 5, 2022, 05:39:32 pm »
Not the least bit surprised that Lars Windhorst wants out of Hertha. Nearly €375m pissed down the drain

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #17052 on: October 5, 2022, 06:47:37 pm »
Best of luck to Xabi, hope he does well there.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17053 on: October 8, 2022, 03:10:01 pm »
Xabi Alonso’s first Bayer Leverkusen game going quite well. Diaby just put them ahead with a thumping strike.

Very deserved, Bayer well on top, and playing some decent footy at times - just been missing the final ball too often.

Make that 2-0, lovely goal set up by Hudson Odoi and Diaby, finished well by Frimpong.
« Last Edit: October 8, 2022, 03:11:51 pm by Dim Glas »

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17054 on: October 8, 2022, 03:50:30 pm »
Two for Frimpong.

He’s such a talent. If people think Trent is super attack minded on that right hand side, they’ve never seen this lad play  ;D   

Anyway, I’m watching the Mainz game now, but Xabi had a nice start at Leverkusen for sure, playing some good stuff. He has a lot of talent to work with there.

Online Gerry Attrick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #17055 on: October 8, 2022, 04:24:46 pm »
What a god fucking awful football team RasenBallsport Leipzig are. Absolutely atrocious. The only thing worse is the painfully slow jog of Brych when he’s trying to run after somebody to book them.

Offline mobydick

• Comes in any flavour
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thatcherite refugee
« Reply #17056 on: October 8, 2022, 04:57:49 pm »
Was only watching the Leverkusen - Schalke game today. Xabi had a good start to his first job as "Cheftarainer" All in all it was good performance but looking at it realistically Schalke are a mess. I can't remember them having a shot at all, never mind one on target. Xabi's was never longer than 2 minutes on his seat and spoke to quite a few of his players on the hoof, which is understandable looking at the short time he had to prepare for the game. In his post game interview he was full of praise for his team whilst acknowledging that it is only one game and there is a lot of work to be done. 4 -0 though is a great start.

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #17057 on: October 8, 2022, 06:04:50 pm »
Bayern always score from outside the area first vs Dortmund.
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17058 on: October 8, 2022, 06:06:52 pm »
Bayern are insufferable, 33 mins of this game - they have been absolutely shite.  But here we are  ::) 

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #17059 on: October 8, 2022, 06:16:25 pm »
That is gash from the Dortmund keeper on the goal

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17060 on: October 8, 2022, 06:16:50 pm »
Dortmund have played well enough, should be 1-1 really, but Malen loves shooting at the goalie  ::)

Bellingham lucky there no? Kicked Davis in the eye, yes an accident, but still really high.

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17061 on: October 8, 2022, 06:19:13 pm »
That is gash from the Dortmund keeper on the goal

he’s rubbish, it’s mad that is the best they did for a ‘number 2’ this season - a goalie already 30 years old who’d never played at this level. Still, I guess it’s hard, when usually their back up would be sat getting splinters most of the season. Typical this season they lose their number 1 for weeks.

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17062 on: October 8, 2022, 06:36:17 pm »
he’s rubbish, it’s mad that is the best they did for a ‘number 2’ this season - a goalie already 30 years old who’d never played at this level. Still, I guess it’s hard, when usually their back up would be sat getting splinters most of the season. Typical this season they lose their number 1 for weeks.

Yeah had to look up who he was !!

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17063 on: October 8, 2022, 06:41:46 pm »
And that’s worse !!!!

Offline cdav

• Is Melissa Reddy. Confirmed by himself. (Probably not though, he's a much better writer.)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17064 on: October 8, 2022, 07:24:08 pm »
Dortmund equalise with the last kick, Modeste scores after missing a sitter

2-2

Offline Spanish Al

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17065 on: October 8, 2022, 07:24:18 pm »
Well that’s a very late equaliser. Fantastic from Dortmund to keep that alive for as long as they did there!
Rafa Benitez: "I’ll always keep in my heart the good times I’ve had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager."

Offline mobydick

• Comes in any flavour
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thatcherite refugee
« Reply #17066 on: October 8, 2022, 07:27:26 pm »
Oliver Kahn hahahahaha.

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #17067 on: October 8, 2022, 07:29:48 pm »
Freiburg and Union above these two with a game in hand each, wow.

Still don't think Dortmund will be a realistic challenger, they drop far too many points. Interesting to see how much they can get out of Moukoko who looks like their next young star
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17068 on: October 8, 2022, 07:34:47 pm »

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #17069 on: October 8, 2022, 09:15:41 pm »

The size of his head has always terrified me.

Well done Dortmund. So glad I turned back to the Spurs game at 2-0 and forgot to check back.

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17070 on: October 9, 2022, 03:19:54 pm »
The size of his head has always terrified me.

Well done Dortmund. So glad I turned back to the Spurs game at 2-0 and forgot to check back.

That’ll teach you!

Gladbach vs Köln derby is excellent fun  ;D  Loads of fouls, loads of ankst, a couple nasty tackles, now a red card, a few contentious decisions, 2 penalties, fanbases and players not liking each other much, one or two moments of football amongst it  :P

A cool Bensabaini peno gives Gladbach a 2-1 lead just on half time.

Offline Elzar

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #17071 on: October 9, 2022, 08:39:15 pm »
Table is looking interesting after this weekend. Hertha slowly starting to pull together some results, while their rivals go clear at the top. Leipzig and Leverkusen struggling. Really had to put 3 teams in you’d say are the weakest, so anyone could go down with poor form. It’s going to make those in charge really on edge through out the season.

You’d expect Bayern to pull out enough results to get the title, but the champions league spots are so open.
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17072 on: October 9, 2022, 09:38:00 pm »
Table is looking interesting after this weekend. Hertha slowly starting to pull together some results, while their rivals go clear at the top. Leipzig and Leverkusen struggling. Really had to put 3 teams in you’d say are the weakest, so anyone could go down with poor form. It’s going to make those in charge really on edge through out the season.

You’d expect Bayern to pull out enough results to get the title, but the champions league spots are so open.

Hertha are actually trying to play decent footy these days which is amazing - even if they don’t always get the results, it’s good to see. They have been such a ‘blah’ club for so long. Just dull.
Interesting what is going on there with the new president and stuff.

Offline Elzar

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #17073 on: October 9, 2022, 09:43:33 pm »
Hertha are actually trying to play decent footy these days which is amazing - even if they don’t always get the results, it’s good to see. They have been such a ‘blah’ club for so long. Just dull.
Interesting what is going on there with the new president and stuff.

I mean, they had to get it right eventually… feels like they try a new set up every month! :D

Online oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #17074 on: October 14, 2022, 06:49:37 pm »
German police being absolute pricks to football fans - punches to the stomachs and elbows to the heads of people already restrained and lying on the floor...

https://twitter.com/NicolaiLisberg/status/1580940401355083776 (with video; ahead of the St Pauli vs Hamburg match)

^ St Pauli not happy and asking for answers - https://twitter.com/fcstpauli/status/1580942847066648577

Pyro show + smoky atmosphere in 2. Bundesliga | St. Pauli - Hamburg SV - https://streamin.me/v/af5a9c6e & https://dubz.co/v/wf1tk5

Hamburg down to 10 men (Schonlau straight red card on 28 mins)...

St Pauli 1-0 up : Smith goal on 61 mins - https://dubz.co/v/t13aj4 & https://streamin.me/v/1f399778

St Pauli 2-0 up : Hartel goal on 75 mins - https://dubz.co/v/7sszp2 & https://streamin.me/v/de07e20b

St Pauli 3-0 up : Otto goal on 90 mins - https://dubz.co/v/6my2xf & https://streamin.me/v/2c5fbab0 . 3-0; full-time.

« Last Edit: October 14, 2022, 10:38:41 pm by oojason »
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Online Gerry Attrick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #17075 on: October 14, 2022, 07:40:23 pm »
That’s a horror challenge from Greiml. How he’s not sent him off is absolutely beyond comprehension. A leg breaker. A penalty but no red. I’m lost for words.

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #17076 on: October 14, 2022, 08:42:19 pm »
That’s a horror challenge from Greiml. How he’s not sent him off is absolutely beyond comprehension. A leg breaker. A penalty but no red. I’m lost for words.

Must have been a bad one, Ger, you're not often lost for words...  ;D
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #17077 on: October 14, 2022, 09:06:32 pm »
Awful challenge. I left the room as the oven was beeping just after it happened, I couldn’t believe when o came back in a couple of minutes later and he was still on the pitch.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17078 on: October 15, 2022, 04:14:50 pm »
New manager bounce lasted all of one game  :P Bayer Leverkusen getting  a pasting from Eintracht Frankfurt today!

Online Gerry Attrick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #17079 on: October 19, 2022, 06:30:49 pm »
Are Dortmund trying to kill Bellingham? I think they’d play him against Rot Weiss Essen U13s