Author Topic: Former LFC Player Watch ...  (Read 167886 times)

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Former LFC Player Watch ...
« Reply #240 on: November 25, 2012, 09:25:04 am »
Ngog scored a last minute equaliser yesterday for Bolton.
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline portRUSHred

• Anny Roader
« Reply #241 on: March 16, 2013, 02:09:18 pm »

Offline zabadoh

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on with hope in your heart
« Reply #242 on: May 4, 2013, 03:36:17 pm »
“It's impossible,” said Pride.  “It's risky,” said Experience.  “It's pointless,” said Reason.

“Give it a try,” whispered the Heart. - Ken-Obi

Offline gallden

• bols
  • Legacy Fan

Offline zabadoh

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #244 on: May 5, 2013, 08:30:12 am »
how is he doing?

On a one year contract with Ajax 14 appearances, 7 as a starter, 4 goals
“It's impossible,” said Pride.  “It's risky,” said Experience.  “It's pointless,” said Reason.

Offline MJohnson2

• Legacy Fan
  • Said It's High Green mate, Via Hillsborough please
« Reply #245 on: May 7, 2013, 02:49:37 pm »

Antonio Barragan is doing well for himself, playing at Valencia now!
Follow me on Twitter: https://twitter.com/MattyJohnson8

Offline zabadoh

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #246 on: May 25, 2013, 04:47:32 pm »
http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/former-liverpool-fc-england-under-16-4014515

From the Echo: 

Liverpool star wins payout for lost career
25 May 2013 08:07
Sean Highland's playing days were wrecked by devastating car crash

A young Liverpool FC player whose football career was wrecked by a devastating car crash has been awarded a seven-figure compensation payout.

Sean Highdale was 17 when he was critically injured in a crash which claimed the lives of two of his friends, in April, 2008.

Despite the club’s best efforts to keep his Premier League dream alive, the England under-16 international was forced to abandon his hopes of a long-term career in the game.

More than five years on, insurers have agreed to pay out after leading figures from the world of football, including Steven Gerrard and Jamie Carragher, gave evidence of his potential.

Sean’s solicitors drew on more than 30 witnesses in total to show the midfielder was a major prospect before the crash, which left him in hospital for three months.

His friends Tom Benn and Kalam Wooding, who was driving the car on Speke Boulevard when it collided with a Volkswagen Beetle, were killed.

The compensation, set to run into millions of pounds, recognises the potential earnings Sean could have enjoyed in his career.

Sean's solicitor Catherine Leech, a partner at Manchester law firm Pannone, said: "The accident was devastating for Sean and no amount of money will ever make up for the death of his friends in the accident and loss of his football career.

"I would like to express my own thanks to Liverpool FC for the enormous support they have given us in helping to prepare this case."

After his release from hospital, Liverpool went to huge lengths to try to help him to recover fully.

The youngster was named in the club’s under-18s squad for the 2009/10 season but was never able to fulfil his promise, spending time at League One Oldham Athletic and Newtown, in the Welsh Premier League, before later signing for Vauxhall Motors.

He now plays for Woolton-based Old Xaverians in the Liverpool County FA Premier League.

Sean said: “Liverpool FC were fantastic and helped me as much as possible in trying to get my career back on track after the accident.

“The coaching staff, medical team and academy tutors were brilliant, but although it was heart-breaking I had to face reality.”

LFC academy praise for young star           
Sean Highdale was among the most highly thought-of players in Liverpool’s youth system.

Playing alongside Jay Spearing in the  club’s 2007 FA Youth  Cup-winning side, he  caught the eye of  observers including  Blackpool manager  Paul Ince and Arsenal midfielder Jack Wilshere, who both gave evidence as part of  the compensation  process.

Former Liverpool  FC academy director  Steve Heighway and  the Reds’ late reserve  boss, Gary Ablett,  also offered support.

Current academy  director Frank  McParland said:  “Sean wasn’t only a  fantastic player, he  was a genuinely good  lad off the pitch. His  potential was right up  there with the best,  so much so he was  captain of the  under-18s and  he represented  England at  youth level.

“At the  time, he  had developed a reputation for  showing the type of  fight that embodies  the very spirit of this  club. Sean is always  welcome at Liverpool Football  Club and we  wish him all the  success for the  future.”

Offline Corkboy

• Sworn enemy of Bottlegirl. The Boston Toilet Mangler. Grauniad of the Cidatel. Into kinky S&M with the Lash.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Is it getting better?
« Reply #247 on: May 25, 2013, 11:01:22 pm »
That sounds like it was settled. No mention of court or verdicts. It would have been an interesting case to try, because nobody can guarantee a brilliant career at 17.

Offline Dani LFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #248 on: June 11, 2013, 12:02:37 am »
Crystal Palace out to pinch Tom Ince from under the noses of Liverpool and Tottenham

10 Jun 2013
Ian Walton

Crystal Palace have made an ambitious bid for in-demand England Under-21 star Tom Ince.

The winger played under boss Ian Holloway at Blackpool until his move south in the autumn, and Palace chiefs are banking on his relationship with the player to help convince him to sign.

Palace are aware of interest from Premier League heavyweights such as Liverpool and Tottenham, but have moved first and hope the dithering of their rivals will give them a chance to bag their man.

Ince is seen as the perfect replacement for Manchester United bound Wilfried Zaha as the club looks to strengthen its squad for their return to the top flight.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/transfers-liverpool-spurs-could-beaten-1944329?

Offline EstonianRed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • oooooh Campione, the one and only
« Reply #249 on: June 11, 2013, 06:53:25 am »
Ince going to Palace is good, my heart would be bleeding if we bought a player back that we released for almost nothing

Offline hitman89762000

• Young Glasshoppel, apprentice to the arlarses. Exponent of The Sandon's original "Hippy Mod In A Headlock" manoeuvre.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never wanting to be a transfer forum mod.
« Reply #250 on: June 12, 2013, 12:00:55 am »
Masch has been sent off tonight for attacking the medic driving him off the pitch after his injury...
@Robbie9Fowler robbie fowler
@ @hitman8976rawk big spunky seaman was fookin massive... I saw the devil in his eyes and shit my undercrackers

PLEASE Sign Kevin Williams 15yeatr life ended at Hillsborough. His inquest is urgent for his terminally ill mum. http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/40925

a tweet fro

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #251 on: June 12, 2013, 12:08:37 am »
Masch has been sent off tonight for attacking the medic driving him off the pitch after his injury...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZBP2ALj6YbM&feature=player_embedded

Offline MJohnson2

• Legacy Fan
  • Said It's High Green mate, Via Hillsborough please
« Reply #252 on: July 1, 2013, 04:36:25 am »

Diego Cavalieri doing well for himself last night. Winning the Confederations cup with Brazil. However, just like when he was at liverpool he was doing all the hard work from the bench.
Follow me on Twitter: https://twitter.com/MattyJohnson8

Offline SteLFC91

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #253 on: July 15, 2013, 08:46:54 pm »
Just when you thought he couldn't get any more hipster, Raul Meireles has gone and grown a pretty phenomenal beard. Pirlo eat your heart out.

Offline JTK

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #254 on: July 16, 2013, 02:56:00 pm »
Mikey Owen has apparently written an article for the s*n.

Burned all his bridges now

Offline please, I have my reasons for it but...

• In the grander scheme of things, most definitely has meaning and most definitely has purpose. History Maker.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #255 on: July 16, 2013, 03:05:50 pm »
As if he is intent on doing so. I refuse to believe that this c*nt once wore our shirt.
Finished at the age of 26. The Mike Tyson of football.

Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/omar_12590

Offline kcbworth

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #256 on: July 16, 2013, 03:46:05 pm »
Diego Cavalieri doing well for himself last night. Winning the Confederations cup with Brazil. However, just like when he was at liverpool he was doing all the hard work from the bench.

Didnt realise he'd made the national team - interesting. Seems to have done well for himself then

Online SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #257 on: July 16, 2013, 03:51:29 pm »
Didnt realise he'd made the national team - interesting. Seems to have done well for himself then

all of his coaches have spoken about the high quality of his benchwarming skills.

'when I have a cold bum from standing and trying to get Robbie Keane not to be a load of shite, I just budge Cavalieri up a bit and it's nice and toasty' Rafa Benitez 2008-09

'If the coastal winds from the Adriatic are a bit bitter, I just let Diego cuddle up to me a bit and it makes everything sweeter in Cesena' Massimo Ficcadenti, 2010
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #258 on: July 16, 2013, 04:33:32 pm »
Just when you thought he couldn't get any more hipster, Raul Meireles has gone and grown a pretty phenomenal beard. Pirlo eat your heart out.

that's a great beard isn't it. fair play. Owens's would be grim :D

Didi did a good tweet about the cricket the other day, love it that he loves cricket.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #259 on: July 17, 2013, 03:09:58 am »
A number of former Liverpool players have moved this summer. Carson to Wigan. Baros going to Antalyspor. Cisse signing for Kuban. Itandje going to PAOK. Jack Hobbs has now joined Nottingham Forest on loan with a permanent move to be finalized next summer.

Offline dosx

• Kopite
  • This is Anfield
    • LFC
« Reply #260 on: July 17, 2013, 04:02:14 am »

Peter Gulacsi to Red Bull Salzburg.  http://youtu.be/NF-z0HoxL04

A number of former Liverpool players have moved this summer. Carson to Wigan. Baros going to Antalyspor. Cisse signing for Kuban. Itandje going to PAOK. Jack Hobbs has now joined Nottingham Forest on loan with a permanent move to be finalized next summer.
🔥97🔥

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #261 on: July 17, 2013, 11:04:08 pm »
Former youth team member, Jason Banton has gone on loan to MK Dons. He was at Crystal Palace apparently.

Offline Nebnotsew

• Kopite
« Reply #262 on: July 21, 2013, 05:26:38 pm »
Has Aurelio retired? On his wikipedia page it shows he hasn't made an appearance for Gremio since leaving us.

When he was fit, what a player
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3RYmJX4lZys
Quote from: Rafael Benitez
I was born Spanish, I am no longer as thin (the anxiety doesn’t help), and yes, sometimes I help serving the dinner.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #263 on: July 21, 2013, 05:28:14 pm »
Has Aurelio retired? On his wikipedia page it shows he hasn't made an appearance for Gremio since leaving us.

When he was fit, what a player
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3RYmJX4lZys

Fábio Aurélio has effectively been ruled out for the 2012 season after suffering a knee ligament rupture.

Offline zabadoh

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #264 on: August 11, 2013, 06:33:23 am »
Former youth player Danny Guthrie doing well at Reading.

He scored the winning goal against Ipswich in their opener.
http://www.getreading.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/danny-guthrie-looks-build-winning-5683851

Offline Packalacky

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #265 on: August 12, 2013, 03:22:25 am »

:shocked

Time to resign him, for the beard alone...

Offline zabadoh

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #266 on: August 21, 2013, 05:26:08 pm »
Nice write up on Darren Potter's career over at TIA:  http://www.thisisanfield.com/2013/08/where-are-they-now-darren-potter/

Offline zabadoh

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #267 on: August 27, 2013, 10:57:03 pm »
Another good writeup over at TIA on former Academy/Reserve player Phil Charnock:  http://www.thisisanfield.com/2013/08/now-phil-charnock/

Offline Sniffles

• Main Stander
  • Lead Explorer
« Reply #268 on: August 28, 2013, 01:50:29 am »
Former Liverpool U18s player Christopher Buchtmann took part in all of his team's games so far this season, after spending a couple of years in FC Cologne's reserve side. Based just on catching their games around every now and then, he's basically my favourite forgotten ex-LFC player at the moment and could genuinely still be on track to make it in the Bundesliga after all. I watched St. Pauli games twice this season, with Rzatkowski, Thy, Buchtmann, Maier, and Halstenberg they're really rebuilding with style. Gregoritsch is also supposed to be an exceptional prospect, but I haven't really seen him play. They came back from 1 behind and won the game against Dynamo Dresden yesterday. Buchtmann made an assist for the first goal one minute after they conceded, and the second was a perfect last-minute free kick taken by Maier, a teenage attacking midfielder they just bought from Munich 1860. Any neutral fan gotta love St. Pauli...
Please consider the environment before printing this post.

Offline aditya0912

• Kopite
« Reply #269 on: August 28, 2013, 08:33:39 am »
Remember him being rated in top 5 youngsters in world but then was sold off suddenly, same with LDV, any idea how he has been doing?
Thank You, Rafa Benitez

Offline Sniffles

• Main Stander
  • Lead Explorer
« Reply #270 on: August 28, 2013, 11:51:44 am »
He made an assist in his first Belgian second league game, his team won too, so he was obviously happy...

Please consider the environment before printing this post.

Online gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #271 on: September 3, 2013, 12:21:55 pm »
Momo's been released by PSG and looking like joining Reading  :o
AHA!

Offline XabiGerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #272 on: September 3, 2013, 12:33:10 pm »
Dossena signing for Sunderland was abit of a surprise. Didn't expect to see him back over here

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #273 on: September 3, 2013, 09:55:31 pm »
Came in to post about the return of Momo and Dossena to these shores. But then I saw that glorious fucking thing on Meireles' face. My God.  My eyes won't let me look away.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline King_doggerel

• "What the fuck is a baldrick?"
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #274 on: September 3, 2013, 10:24:41 pm »

you 'pull out of tackled' bottling shitehouse!

who are you kidding wit that beard?

Offline Skidder.

• Minster. Aka The Censored Baron XII. I remember watching that as a skid!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #275 on: September 3, 2013, 10:26:50 pm »
We could have done with a bit of Momo-time.
Continually on 11,420.

Offline -Daws-

• Legacy Fan
  • No longer a teenage Rafa, still no goatee.
« Reply #276 on: September 3, 2013, 10:45:23 pm »

Is that you Baldrick? Ohh yes of course it is...
It's hard enough remembering my opinions without remembering my reasons for them.

Offline SlowRap

• SlowCrapAllOverTheBoards. No longer appealing! Apparently not a bastard. But no denial of being sarcastic and having no clue. Interesting. Fist pumps all the way down the stairs.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let freedom reign
« Reply #277 on: September 3, 2013, 11:15:19 pm »

"We must turn from doubters into believers" - Jurgen Klopp

I've got a feeling that Origi is the real deal, from a couple of games I watched but mainly his interviews there seems to be something about him.

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #278 on: September 4, 2013, 06:15:44 am »
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline WTF?

• Anny Roader
  • These go to 11
« Reply #279 on: September 4, 2013, 08:02:52 am »
We could have done with a bit of Momo-time.

Surprised he's only in the shop window for the likes of Reading. I used to love the guy, he truly was a beast of a player in his prime for us. OK, he never seemed to get back to his top form after his eye and shoulder injuries, but he's still only 28. I'm sure he can do a good job for a half decent team. All the best mate.