Author Topic: Restaurant Reviews for Liverpool. [Done by RAWKites]  (Read 600766 times)

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
Re: Restaurant Reviews for Liverpool. [Done by RAWKites]
« Reply #4440 on: December 9, 2022, 11:48:34 am »
Maybe a stupid question but here goes.

Those places that charge by the per 100 gram for their steaks, whats the deal with what you get?

Do you just dont care and then wait for the bill? Or do they say beforehand how much you expect to pay for that cut? Or do you just get put off going because its way too much out of your price range even trying :P

Obviously would love to try places like Hawksmoor but also dont want to get landed with a £200 bill for what I can get at a pub's mixed grill :P

Offline Momos_righteye

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4441 on: December 11, 2022, 10:28:50 am »
It was excellent last time around as well - the pre theatre option is great. Going to the Shakespeare North again tomorrow and couldn't get in to Pinion, so going for a pizza instead at The Oven.

We went to the theatre on Friday night as well, booked pinion the day we booked our tickets! Great little spot and would highly recommend getting out to Prescot for a show, Shakespeare North is amazing!

Online TheKid.

• Goat abuser
  • Legacy Fan
  • Vamos
« Reply #4442 on: December 12, 2022, 05:21:40 pm »
Rudys opening on the Albert dock - book here for free pizza (limited availability)

https://www.rudyspizza.co.uk/pizzerias/pizza-for-everyone-albertdock?utm_source=AirShip&utm_medium=Email&utm_campaign=AlbertDockP4A

Missed it when they did this for the Bold Street one so glad I got onto this quickly

Offline shaneynwa

• Main Stander
« Reply #4443 on: December 12, 2022, 08:47:43 pm »
Any recommendations for a nice breakfast in the city centre?

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #4444 on: December 12, 2022, 09:42:05 pm »

Moose

Offline sheepfest

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #4445 on: December 13, 2022, 11:17:00 am »
Second Moose for a great brunch place as so different.

Had a cheap breakfast but with cracking quality the other day in a very small place called Cook Street Coffee on no surprise Cook Street.

Offline liversaint

• Beach boy giver of yuletide joy to ha-run-run-reindeer
  • Legacy Fan
  • Settle down Beavis
« Reply #4446 on: December 13, 2022, 01:04:33 pm »
Moose

Yep, cracking breakfasts/brunch. Was in the Hope Street one a couple of weeks ago, great quality and value.
You say Honey? I say Fuck off.

You dont win friends with Salad

There is another option. Mr Ferguson organises the fixtures in his office and sends it to us and everyone will know and cannot complain. That is simple.

Offline Livbes

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #4447 on: December 13, 2022, 03:38:28 pm »
Think the Radisson Red opens this week so I guess the new restaurant does too. Called Stoke, a robata grill restaurant.

https://theguideliverpool.com/new-roberta-grill-stoke-gets-set-to-launch-at-the-new-radisson-red/

Offline gregor

• Partial to a Swiss Roll
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4448 on: December 15, 2022, 10:51:13 am »
Maybe a stupid question but here goes.

Those places that charge by the per 100 gram for their steaks, whats the deal with what you get?

Do you just dont care and then wait for the bill? Or do they say beforehand how much you expect to pay for that cut? Or do you just get put off going because its way too much out of your price range even trying :P

Obviously would love to try places like Hawksmoor but also dont want to get landed with a £200 bill for what I can get at a pub's mixed grill :P

Looking at the Hawksmoor menu, it's only the bigger cuts like T-bone and Chateaubriand that they charge by the gram. The normal cuts like ribeye, fillet etc it's just one price.

Offline sheepfest

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #4449 on: December 15, 2022, 11:07:14 am »
Istanbul Woolton great meal as usual. Went earlier than normal so I have never had the day set menu. £15 for a starter, main and a drink.

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4450 on: December 15, 2022, 08:53:51 pm »
So my veggie partner has finally discovered that Sanskruti is a thing and is making me go next week. I know it's raved about on here.. so what dishes would be recommended for someone who normally bases every meal around as much meat as possible? Spare no detail!
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #4451 on: December 15, 2022, 11:13:34 pm »
So my veggie partner has finally discovered that Sanskruti is a thing and is making me go next week. I know it's raved about on here.. so what dishes would be recommended for someone who normally bases every meal around as much meat as possible? Spare no detail!

Paneer Lababdar. By far my favourite curry anywhere - and I'm a huge meat eater. So much of it is good though and I doubt you'll come out thinking you missed there being any meat.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #4452 on: December 18, 2022, 10:36:59 am »
Paneer Lababdar. By far my favourite curry anywhere - and I'm a huge meat eater. So much of it is good though and I doubt you'll come out thinking you missed there being any meat.
Agree on this. We usually get the Lababdar and the Mushroom Palak and share, which is also a favourite. Texturally the Dosa’s are lovely although not what you want if you’re expecting your more standard English curry experience. Channa Masala is also lovely.

“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4453 on: December 23, 2022, 05:44:19 pm »
Might be interesting reading.  Rated out of 5. :D

Online 1964allezallezallez

• Main Stander
« Reply #4454 on: December 23, 2022, 08:26:11 pm »
Went to Hawksmoor for lunch today. It was excellent - had the fillet steak which was so tender. Planning to go back for Sunday lunch in the new year

Offline Redbonnie

• Kopite
« Reply #4455 on: December 28, 2022, 07:54:34 am »
Tried the new version of crust in woolton village…now called Il restirante. The food is still great but the interior is now a lot more plush with booths etc. Prices have gone up but I prefer the new set up. I think the takeaway section is still the same menu as the old crust.

Offline liversaint

• Beach boy giver of yuletide joy to ha-run-run-reindeer
  • Legacy Fan
  • Settle down Beavis
« Reply #4456 on: December 31, 2022, 12:29:59 am »
Lu Ban Thursday night, me, Mrs LS and daughter after a couple of drinks in the Baltic Market

We had salt and pepper prawns, cauliflower Kung Po and Hot and Sour soup as starters, followed by a portion of Dim Sum and the Jackfruit pancakes. Mains were Lamb Hengli, Chicken Kung Po and the cod with rice and noodles.All very well cooked and presented, although the lamb was not seasoned anywhere near enough for me. Service was good and not over fussy.

Overall impression is good but not overwhelmingly brilliant but would definitely revisit to try more of the menu.

Cost was £175 including a beer and couple of cocktails.

You say Honey? I say Fuck off.

You dont win friends with Salad

There is another option. Mr Ferguson organises the fixtures in his office and sends it to us and everyone will know and cannot complain. That is simple.

Online TheKid.

• Goat abuser
  • Legacy Fan
  • Vamos
« Reply #4457 on: January 3, 2023, 12:23:44 pm »
Off to Rudys Albert Dock tonight for free pizza!

Online red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #4458 on: January 3, 2023, 04:19:39 pm »
Went to wreckfish on new years Eve for their tasting menu.

Enjoyed every course, the highlight for me was the pigs cheek

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #4459 on: January 3, 2023, 05:50:00 pm »
Went to wreckfish on new years Eve for their tasting menu.

Enjoyed every course, the highlight for me was the pigs cheek

What did it say?
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline gregor

• Partial to a Swiss Roll
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4460 on: January 4, 2023, 02:30:02 pm »
Went to Hawksmoor for lunch today. It was excellent - had the fillet steak which was so tender. Planning to go back for Sunday lunch in the new year

I also went for lunch, on Christmas Eve. It was very nice, and the building is lovely, but it's very expensive for what it is. We ordered: Fillet steak, ribeye steak, two portions of chips, two peppercorn sauces, buttered greens and garlic mushrooms. The buttered greens were the only disappointment taste wise, just a small bowl of soggy cabbage that tasted of nothing really. The garlic mushrooms were delicious but there were only two of them. Both steaks were perfectly cooked and the chips were very good.

We had two beers and two lemonades, which they knocked off the bill as a coffee we ordered at the end didn't turn up (very nice of them and we didn't for a minute think they'd do anything like that - we're not complainers we just wanted to make sure we weren't charged for the coffee so mentioned it). Bill for the food including tip came to £106.

I'd go back again but only for a special occasion - don't get me wrong it was lovely, but if I'm going for a steak in town then Cowshed will still be my #1 choice. I actually think the steak I had in Cowshed last time was nicer, and it's about 30% cheaper while still being a great setting to have a meal.

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4461 on: January 4, 2023, 02:37:22 pm »
2 places we went to over Christmas and new year

Punk pizza on bold street - standard up market pizza place. Has a subway style DIY pizza if you want. We just went with the off the menu pizzas with a side of chicken wings. Was nice

Cosmo - an all you can eat place in Liverpool one. Can be hard to miss as you walk past Byron's up towards Waterstones. But the selection is far greater than your standard Chinese. They have Chinese, Indian, pizza, carvery Sunday roast, teppanyaki, sushi, cheese boards, puddings

Offline SvenJohansen

• Fast single-handed action expert.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4462 on: January 6, 2023, 09:14:15 pm »
Me and the missus will be staying in Liverpool for a few nights in March and we're looking at trying a different cuisine, something we haven't tried before. Are there any Moroccan or Lebanese restaurants around Liverpool One and docks area? Doesn't have to be those two specifically, just something a bit different. I'm reading a lot here about that Indian place and the missus likes Indian. Any recommendations?
I feel a little strange inside
A little bit of Jekyll, a little Mr. Hyde

Offline gazzam1963

• RAWK Cruiser. Andy@Allertons twin brother. Really misses a good fist pump.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4463 on: January 6, 2023, 10:31:23 pm »
Me and the missus will be staying in Liverpool for a few nights in March and we're looking at trying a different cuisine, something we haven't tried before. Are there any Moroccan or Lebanese restaurants around Liverpool One and docks area? Doesn't have to be those two specifically, just something a bit different. I'm reading a lot here about that Indian place and the missus likes Indian. Any recommendations?

Bold street Is the place to go for your restaurants , backich http://www.bakchich.co.uk/liverpool.php is a Lebanese one and I’ve enjoyed the few times I’ve been there

Offline naYoRHa2b

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4464 on: January 7, 2023, 03:38:18 pm »
Just been to fat hippo on bold street. Decent burgers but nothing more. It's no fsk put it that way

Offline Livbes

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4465 on: January 7, 2023, 03:46:05 pm »
Just been to fat hippo on bold street. Decent burgers but nothing more. It's no fsk put it that way

Been recently and completely agree.

Offline sheepfest

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #4466 on: January 7, 2023, 03:54:48 pm »
Must be a bold street day as just visited American Pizza Slice before heading up to Anfield. Great value and delicious as ever especially with the tater tots.

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4467 on: January 8, 2023, 06:31:55 pm »
Been recently and completely agree.

Yep. Apart from the frickles they are very meh

Another Bold street one that is just horrendously overrated is Honest burgers.

Very style over substance and just not very good

Offline SvenJohansen

• Fast single-handed action expert.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4468 on: January 8, 2023, 06:58:09 pm »
Bold street Is the place to go for your restaurants , backich http://www.bakchich.co.uk/liverpool.php is a Lebanese one and I’ve enjoyed the few times I’ve been there

That place looks great and the menu is interesting. Lots of dishes that I've no idea what they are. Perfect! It gets the wife's approval too. Thanks for the suggestion.  :thumbup
I feel a little strange inside
A little bit of Jekyll, a little Mr. Hyde

Offline Only Me

• Insufferable twat. Brexiteer supreme.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4469 on: January 13, 2023, 12:17:38 am »
First visit to Vincenzo’s in Woolton this week.

Had heard great things and it didn’t disappoint. Food was first class, and the staff are dead nice.

Really good busy atmosphere for a midweek in January. Defo will be going back -  it’s a great neighbourhood restaurant.

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4470 on: January 13, 2023, 08:22:14 am »
Rudys opening on the Albert dock - book here for free pizza (limited availability)

Nice one for the heads up on this, enjoyed mine yesterday.
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Online TheKid.

• Goat abuser
  • Legacy Fan
  • Vamos
« Reply #4471 on: January 13, 2023, 05:50:17 pm »
Ha good stuff! We went last week and had a great meal

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4472 on: January 14, 2023, 12:46:08 pm »

I disagree - the burgers are very good, which is why you would go. More choice than FSK, although FSK is very good too. Fat Hippo is a bit dreary inside though, but if I wanted a really good burger in Liverpool I'd go there. I'd put both above Almost Famous which I find so so.
"IT'S ENDED.....THE EUROPEAN CUP IS RETURNING TO ENGLAND AND TO ANFIELD."

Offline Livbes

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4473 on: January 14, 2023, 01:10:41 pm »
I think the best burgers and meats on Bold street are in Red dogs saloon actually. https://www.reddogsaloon.co.uk/locations/liverpool

It’s certainly not cheap though.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2023, 01:16:59 pm by Livbes »

Offline Livbes

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4474 on: January 14, 2023, 01:11:40 pm »
First visit to Vincenzo’s in Woolton this week.

Had heard great things and it didn’t disappoint. Food was first class, and the staff are dead nice.

Really good busy atmosphere for a midweek in January. Defo will be going back -  it’s a great neighbourhood restaurant.

Sounds good. Will have to try it. Casa Roni is our go to local Italian.

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #4475 on: January 22, 2023, 04:57:54 pm »
can't think of a better thread and not arrogant to make my own

If I want to pick up a cup of macha in town - options?

the flask is getting (c)old

Offline Raaphael

• A fucking embarrassment. Hot 4 Andrew Tate. Works out so beware wokies
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yeah? Well fuck you too Greta Gerwig
« Reply #4476 on: January 28, 2023, 07:13:44 pm »
Best restaurant for Italian food in Liverpool?

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #4477 on: January 28, 2023, 08:06:29 pm »
Best restaurant for Italian food in Liverpool?

I've always liked Trattoria 51 on Old Hall.

Offline Raaphael

• A fucking embarrassment. Hot 4 Andrew Tate. Works out so beware wokies
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yeah? Well fuck you too Greta Gerwig
« Reply #4478 on: January 28, 2023, 08:42:34 pm »
Ok. If people could name like a top 5 of restaurants in Liverpool right now, is there anything that stand out?

Offline Stockholm Syndrome

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4479 on: January 28, 2023, 11:09:33 pm »
Ok. If people could name like a top 5 of restaurants in Liverpool right now, is there anything that stand out?

For Italian, I would say

Cucina Di Vincenzo's
Il Forno
Italian Club Fish
Justino's
San Carlo (but EXPENSIVE)