Author Topic: PRE GAME REVIEW - EVERTON V LIVERPOOL - WED, 1 DEC 2021 - KO 8.15pm  (Read 21817 times)

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: PRE GAME REVIEW - EVERTON V LIVERPOOL - WED, 1 DEC 2021 - KO 8.15pm
« Reply #120 on: November 30, 2021, 01:51:26 pm »
Jurgen:

"We will need to keep a cool head," said Jurgen Klopp.

"We are still an emotional team and we need to use the emotion on the right way - and that's the plan for tomorrow, absolutely."

Offline kaesarsosei

• Brutally bad.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #121 on: November 30, 2021, 02:11:23 pm »
I pay zero attention to who the VAR idiots are -- but that caught my eye.

is she the first woman to have that duty for a PL game?  maybe she's done it before?

I think she's a very good linesperson (is that a word?)

She is very good, and no wonder. Imagine how much better she has to have been compared to her male colleagues to get to where she is in such a backwards industry? And imagine the amount of Keys & Gray type shit she's had to put up with over the years.

Offline sirjames

• The Manly Eunuch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #122 on: November 30, 2021, 02:42:54 pm »
remember that time we played the kids (not the fa cup match) and walloped them. brilliant
If we win, its normal because were Liverpool Football Club
Rafa  25/1/05

Offline S

• pineless. Get no pleasure from seeing the Reds win.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #123 on: November 30, 2021, 02:47:36 pm »
Jurgen:

"We will need to keep a cool head," said Jurgen Klopp.

"We are still an emotional team and we need to use the emotion on the right way - and that's the plan for tomorrow, absolutely."
Don't we win the fair play award every year? I back our players to keep their heads, it's the eleven in blue that worry me.

In years gone by both sides were to blame, I'm thinking of the 00's in particular. We had players just as reckless as theirs. Ever since Klopp came in though, the derby has been incredibly dirty on one side only. We've tried to play football, Everton have tried to injure our players. Last year they ruined our season.

There's a theory about sportsmen self-sabotaging when there is a risk of failure. For example, some have observed that tennis player Nick Kyrgios adopts his jokey, couldn't-care-less attitude whenever faced with a genuine challenge. It gives him an excuse for losing, he can say he wasn't trying. It shows a deeper lack of ambition, an inferiority complex.

Everton's violent approach to the derby reveals why they never amount to anything in this league. Again, it's an inferiority complex. I'd be worried if Everton one day turned up to this fixture and tried to actually play football. To play us off the park and outsmart us. That would show a level of ambition that they have always lacked. Instead, they always regress to kicking lumps out of us. It infuriates me at the time, and yet it serves as an annual reminder of the total lack of aspiration that runs throughout their club.

Offline Fruity

• Batty. Box clever. Can weather all lifts. May in fact be Robbie Rotten.
  • Legacy Fan
  • a fruit is not just for christmas...
« Reply #124 on: November 30, 2021, 03:11:44 pm »
In some ways this game comes at a good time for them. It's a game the fans will be fully behind them. Probably not expecting to win so pressure off. A win for them can get their season back on track etc... unless of course we score early dominate and make them feel shit again.

It's one of those where we need to quieten down the crowd early doors to make it easier for ourselves. We are much better than them but this is their game raiser so we need to stop them getting any ideas above their station as it were.

alf a pound of braeburns!

Offline A-Bomb

• Garlic Butter Coming. Isn’t as good as Divock Origi. Can we sell him?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #125 on: November 30, 2021, 03:27:49 pm »
Meanwhile Andy Robertson Does A Braveheart Moon at the Gladys Street end by lifting his kilt to show his bare white Scottish Arse before turning around and gyrating his pelvis so that his flaccid penis whirls in a radial manner like the blades of a helicopter which inturn helps him fly out the stadium to safety, landing safely in Aldi car park up the road from Goodison

On a shit day, you've given me a massive laugh, thank you!

:lmao :lmao :lmao

Offline Ciara (with a capital "C")

• Not fussed on Krispy Kremes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Taylor Swift is fucking awesome. #FreeAdnan
« Reply #126 on: November 30, 2021, 03:38:17 pm »
Anyone hear Neil on the TAW Monday show mention that Salah normally sits out this GW under Klopp?

Went back and did some research and it’s true. The midweek game around GW14/GW15 which is start of Dec normally, sees him benched (last year it was a Saturday due to how the season was crammed in). I thought Milan would be his rest game but there is a tendency to go stronger in pointless CL games for momentum and as Klopp said recently, to win football games.

We know Klopp loves a diddle in these games v Everton. Salah has only started 6 of the last 10 v Everton, scoring twice. Maybe Klopp doesn’t want lumps kicked out of him? I now wouldn’t be surprised to see Minamino or Divock start. He played the full 90 v Southampton when there was no need for it, only for the goal tally.

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #127 on: November 30, 2021, 04:06:24 pm »
Anyone hear Neil on the TAW Monday show mention that Salah normally sits out this GW under Klopp?

Went back and did some research and it’s true. The midweek game around GW14/GW15 which is start of Dec normally, sees him benched (last year it was a Saturday due to how the season was crammed in). I thought Milan would be his rest game but there is a tendency to go stronger in pointless CL games for momentum and as Klopp said recently, to win football games.

We know Klopp loves a diddle in these games v Everton. Salah has only started 6 of the last 10 v Everton, scoring twice. Maybe Klopp doesn’t want lumps kicked out of him? I now wouldn’t be surprised to see Minamino or Divock start. He played the full 90 v Southampton when there was no need for it, only for the goal tally.

It's rare we've ever fielded our strongest team against them under Klopp. I only think the usual forward three have ever done so twice, and of course no Bobby tomorrow, but would expect Jota to play. Salah definitely must start, and I'm hoping we get that Fabinho/Henderson/Thiago midfield again, with Matip replacing Konate. Full strength, get it done, on to Wolves.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #128 on: November 30, 2021, 04:39:30 pm »
Same was said about Ancelotti, don't think the manager really comes in to it. They make horror tackles in nearly every derby and I don't think the managers team talks before hand are "go out and injure them"

Ancelotti was very hands off though, pretty much left the training and rabble rousing to Big Dunc.

Not to say they won't be doing anything stupid but it won't be the instruction. Rafa took Gerrard off in the derby once for not playing with his head. He won't want anyone getting sent off for a stupid tackle. Players like Richarlison are unable to control themselves though.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2021, 04:42:19 pm by Fromola »
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline MD1990

• Makes your eyes bleed and your brain hurt.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #129 on: November 30, 2021, 04:40:31 pm »
full strength for Everton & Wolves bar maybe a change in CB Konate/Matip or midfield Ox in for a game.

Play a B team vs Milan

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #130 on: November 30, 2021, 04:46:09 pm »
full strength for Everton & Wolves bar maybe a change in CB Konate/Matip or midfield Ox in for a game.

Play a B team vs Milan

IIRC we played a weakened team against Everton and Bournemouth in 19/20, this week of the season, before playing full strength at Salzburg. Difference was we needed the result over there to go through in the CL and still won the league games with a weakened side.

It'll be daft if we're resting players for league games so they can play in Milan next week. We will make changes for Wolves because of the Wednesday/Saturday factor, but hopefully it's strongest team tomorrow, rather than rest a few tonight and rest a few others on Saturday.

It'd be nice to play Everton with a strongest team for once, rather than a League Cup team.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline OkieRedman

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #131 on: November 30, 2021, 05:57:15 pm »
The lads preparing for the trip to Goodison.

Saw it on reddit and thought a few on here would think it is funny.

Offline Too early for flapjacks?

• It is? Hmm. How about a Groundhog steak? No? Damn. Thinks James Milner has the perfect body.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #132 on: November 30, 2021, 06:06:27 pm »
With an easy win on Saturday and 3 rest days I think the only change will be Matip for Konate. We'll probably make a few changes for Wolves on Saturday.

Offline AthleticClub

• Main Stander
« Reply #133 on: November 30, 2021, 07:05:20 pm »
With an easy win on Saturday and 3 rest days I think the only change will be Matip for Konate. We'll probably make a few changes for Wolves on Saturday.

I'd put money on two or three changes. Think Milner starts (I'm assuming he's fit) and I expect one of the front three to be rotated out

Offline OkieRedman

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #134 on: November 30, 2021, 07:24:55 pm »
I think Divock and Mane are nailed on to start. Both lads love some Toffee. No clue who the other forward will be.

Offline JRed

• After a 2L bottle of strongbow I’d do anything!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #135 on: November 30, 2021, 07:48:30 pm »
The lads preparing for the trip to Goodison.

Saw it on reddit and thought a few on here would think it is funny.
I don’t think it’s funny, I think it’s a very wise idea!

Offline Raid

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #136 on: November 30, 2021, 07:51:40 pm »
Regardless of how bad they are and the violence expected, we have found it difficult to take three points there in recent years.

Full strength, let’s get ahead early and put them to bed

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #137 on: November 30, 2021, 07:53:09 pm »
Regardless of how bad they are and the violence expected, we have found it difficult to take three points there in recent years.

Full strength, let’s get ahead early and put them to bed

Exactly - why are people talking about 3 plus changes?
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline Sir Capon of Debaser

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
    • https://murderouskaburdacus.bandcamp.com/
« Reply #138 on: November 30, 2021, 07:58:09 pm »
On a shit day, you've given me a massive laugh, thank you!

:lmao :lmao :lmao
Haha up the Chuffers

HURRAH ;D

Offline Penfold78

• Kopite
« Reply #139 on: November 30, 2021, 08:11:01 pm »
Milner to start. 8-2 to us.

Offline Penfold78

• Kopite
« Reply #140 on: November 30, 2021, 08:14:11 pm »
Or 0-0. If Rafa pulls off a tactical masterstroke sneaking Hamann on as a 12th player at half time.

Offline PaddyPaned

• Anny Roader
« Reply #141 on: November 30, 2021, 10:15:28 pm »
Milner to start. 8-2 to us.

Can’t see them scoring two.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #142 on: November 30, 2021, 10:24:00 pm »
I say we rest Ali tomorrow night and put in our new goalkeeper coach instead.

https://twitter.com/LFCTransferRoom/status/1465802070439735296

Offline Legs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #143 on: November 30, 2021, 10:26:57 pm »
She is very good, and no wonder. Imagine how much better she has to have been compared to her male colleagues to get to where she is in such a backwards industry? And imagine the amount of Keys & Gray type shit she's had to put up with over the years.

Well yeah Keys did start off putting the boot in when she was limeswoman think it might have been at Wolves.

He said something like “Kenny will go potty today” basicallly saying she is useless when she isn’t.

NOBODY can be bad as Coote last year.

Offline Schmarn

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #144 on: November 30, 2021, 10:32:27 pm »

She’s almost always right with her offside calls. Should get to ref a PL game

Offline The Test

• 6'3" tall, very strong but also pretty quick seeks soulmate with GSOH. Priority given to Mormons.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Coutinho's cousins mates tennis partner
« Reply #145 on: November 30, 2021, 10:50:59 pm »
Well yeah Keys did start off putting the boot in when she was limeswoman think it might have been at Wolves.

He said something like “Kenny will go potty today” basicallly saying she is useless when she isn’t.

NOBODY can be bad as Coote last year.

What blew my mind was when in an interview he described him and Grey bumping into her in an airport. They made sure she knew there were no hard feelings, that they didn’t bear a grudge.  :o

Absolute fucking weapons the pair of them. It always saddens me when Wenger occasionally rocks up to their studio / grief hole and lends the show an ounce of legitimacy.

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #146 on: November 30, 2021, 10:55:48 pm »
She’s almost always right with her offside calls. Should get to ref a PL game
Linesmen and women (referee's assistants) aren't referees; it's a different career path. She'd have to change career and become a referee, which would presumably involve starting from scratch.
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline Dave McCoy

• "Don't you know who I am?!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #147 on: November 30, 2021, 11:07:20 pm »
Windy, rainy, cold, sounds like a good atmosphere for the home fans to watch their team get crushed.  Going to enjoy this one.

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The boys pen cured my acne
« Reply #148 on: November 30, 2021, 11:13:08 pm »
Coming out of there with a clean sheet would be boss for me. Would tell us loads.
...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #149 on: November 30, 2021, 11:15:55 pm »
Hoping to see our wide men have some fun with their full backs. If we're relentless enough we can hurt them time and time again. Salah and Mane of course and Trent/Robbo delivering balls. I almost feel sorry watching Seamus Coleman these days, it's like watching a geriatric play. I was told a couple of years ago when Robertson looked to be at his very best that he was a poor man's Lucas Digne, I think Tsimikas makes him look like a dosser, personally. I have no doubt we'll control the midfield too, and our centre halves shouldn't be worked too much, either. No remorse, redmen.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #150 on: November 30, 2021, 11:18:59 pm »
I say we rest Ali tomorrow night and put in our new goalkeeper coach instead.

https://twitter.com/LFCTransferRoom/status/1465802070439735296

Can he do that to Pickford?
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #151 on: November 30, 2021, 11:43:12 pm »
Hopefully the vandalism their vermin have just done to Anfield, plus the memories of what happened at the pit last season will add to our resolve to go there and crush the horrible little fuckers.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #152 on: December 1, 2021, 01:23:40 am »
We will be happy if Rafa can control the yard dogs. This is a fixture where he isn't the manager they want, but the manager they need.

I mean statistically this fixture has been a draw most of the last decade

Wouldn't surprise me to be a stalemate but we have the quality to win and they..... Don't

Hope Virge plays and scores.

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #153 on: December 1, 2021, 01:24:30 am »
Hopefully the vandalism their vermin have just done to Anfield, plus the memories of what happened at the pit last season will add to our resolve to go there and crush the horrible little fuckers.

Before that, I would have been fine with just a comfortable win, a clean sheet and no injuries, but now I want us to twat them before halftime and then crush their spirit beyond recovery in the second half.

Offline Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #154 on: December 1, 2021, 01:35:32 am »
It's December, it's Everton, it's on Amazon, it's a win by all definitions.
:D

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #155 on: December 1, 2021, 01:42:06 am »
Let's humble them

Want to make their fans storm out at half time

Offline G Richards

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #156 on: December 1, 2021, 03:05:04 am »
Nervous about this one. We are better, all day long. If a football contest ensues, we win, and by a margin. But unfortunately they have been allowed to get away with some barnyard 1970s leveler shit, and neutralize our superiority by foul means, unchecked.

Any win, with no injuries, and I will be delighted.

A true humbling, where we smash them by four or more - and we are well capable, and it will be well deserved.

Online Hedley Lamarr

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #157 on: December 1, 2021, 07:04:38 am »
I hope we put eight past them and Rafa gets the sack, they turn on the Big Sam symbol and even his magical abilities fail to keep them up.  Make no mistake, they aren’t safe this season.

Offline Persephone

• Legacy Fan
  • Who ate all the bloody Pringles?
« Reply #158 on: December 1, 2021, 07:47:47 am »
I had a dream last night, we were 4-0 going into the final minutes and then we substituted Adrian on for Ali, who went up for a corner in the 92nd minute and clattered straight into Pickford. I wouldn't mind that being reality.
I’ve plenty links to the clubs playing and backroom staff as many on here know thank you very much. Fair enough, I admire your optimism. But you’re absolute ostriches if you think this squad, even with 2 or 3 new, “cut price” players with potential get us anywhere close

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #159 on: December 1, 2021, 08:51:20 am »
Hoping after last season Everton play really cagey cause they know they're under extra scrutiny. I'd love us to wrack up a cricket score, but I fear a genuine riot in the stands if we do. Expecting coins, bottles, seats and kids thrown onto the pitch if we scored five!

They're most likely to try and do a West Ham on us, snide fouls, obstruction, crowding players out etc.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art