Author Topic: Adam Lallana  (Read 593703 times)

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
Re: Adam Lallana
« Reply #4400 on: July 27, 2020, 02:14:34 pm »
There were times when he and Coutinho and Firmino passing to each other was mesmerising

Yup, they were bloody brilliant in the Europa League knockouts in particular, hence the username!

Best of luck down to him at Brighton - if he stays fit he'll undoubtedly improve their midfield. I need a new username...

Online mattD

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #4401 on: July 27, 2020, 02:41:58 pm »
Fantastic player. Still remember the 4-3 away to Arsenal. He was excellent as part of the attack early in Klopp's reign and tremendous in the midfield three for a while. Injuries robbed us of many great memories.
Best of luck!

He was phenomenal so many times that season. He was so key to getting us back in the Champions League and providing the foundation for us to push on. I couldn’t believe he was English with his style of play when he came through at Southampton.

Unbelievable player on his day, gutted about his injuries but even more gutted to see him go. He’s a model pro and, like Hendo, is the epitome of an unbelievable attitude that spread throughout the squad.

Hope to see Brighton do well, he deserves it and he deserves every bit of praise to come his way.

All the best Adam, you were a key figure in getting us back on our perch. For that, he’s a legend.

Online CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #4402 on: July 27, 2020, 02:45:56 pm »
A true leader by example, by all accounts a big dressing room presence as well.

He was probably our best player in Jurgen's first season and his lieutenant on the pitch, one of the first to "get" what the boss was trying to accomplish. It's a real shame that injuries essentially robbed him of two seasons of his prime.

All the best Adam!

His 'leader' performance, leading the kids against Everton at home in the cup was for me, as it probably was for the kids - was one of the most inspirational performances I think I've ever seen.
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4403 on: July 27, 2020, 05:34:41 pm »
He was phenomenal so many times that season. He was so key to getting us back in the Champions League and providing the foundation for us to push on. I couldn’t believe he was English with his style of play when he came through at Southampton.
I had the same surprise.  Whichever game it was - Southampton's first season back in the Premier League - and there was this player making time and space when every other player seemed to be without both.  I assumed it was Gaston Ramirez as it looked like the kind of ability a Gaston would possess.

His resurgence under Klopp was beautiful and it seemed like a great fit.  Arguably his body was never up to sustaining that intensity over a longer period but perhaps it was just a series of bad luck.

Curtis Jones looks to be his heir apparent and it's easy to see the benefit Lallana will have been to players like Jones.

Offline Jwils21

• Justwindy,innit,lowestspeed21 (knots)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4404 on: July 27, 2020, 08:10:21 pm »
Officially announced by Brighton. Can see him being a hit down there, all the best

https://twitter.com/officialbhafc/status/1287825081008295938?s=21

Offline Tony19:6

• Begets John 3:16
  • Legacy Fan
  • Born and Bred
« Reply #4405 on: July 27, 2020, 08:15:11 pm »
Best of luck to Adam, who is automatically now Brighton's best player.

Hope he manages to stay injury free, he deserves that.

A Great man once said...
"Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes, of controlling the ball and of making yourself available to receive a pass.
It is terribly simple."

http://twitter.com/Tony19_6

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4406 on: July 27, 2020, 08:19:44 pm »

Offline Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4407 on: July 27, 2020, 08:22:14 pm »
Nice kit that. Good addition for them.

Offline gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #4408 on: July 27, 2020, 08:25:18 pm »
Hope he has a bit of luck with injuries/fitness and gets to come back to a full house and cracking reception.

Still technically one of/if not the best English player around, I’ll miss the Cruyff turns.
AHA!

Online Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4409 on: July 27, 2020, 08:47:09 pm »
Quality player and will never forget the example he set in the first season that Klopp arrived. I reckon he will smash it at Brighton.
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Offline aw1991

• Legacy Fan
  • Love Firmino, hate bastards
« Reply #4410 on: July 27, 2020, 08:51:04 pm »
Good luck Lallana. I like Brighton and know you'll do well. That kit is amazing btw.

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #4411 on: July 27, 2020, 08:52:33 pm »
All the best Adam. He'll do well there and I wouldn't be surprised but he moved into a coaching role there later on.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline Haggis36

• purveyor of better gifs than trendisnotdestiny
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4412 on: July 27, 2020, 08:53:44 pm »
Cried like a baby watching his final interview, didn't think I would. He was a pivotal part of that 16/17 side which got us back into the CL and was ultimately the platform for all the success we've had since - he was so good that year. It's a shame injuries somewhat curtailed his impact here as he was a fabulous player on his day and had no end of ability (file alongside: Sturridge). Hope he smashes it at Brighton.

Thank you for everything, Adam.

Offline Sudden Death Draft Loser

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4413 on: July 27, 2020, 08:55:48 pm »
Nice kit that. Good addition for them.

Sports kits or any t-shirt should never have a collar
"The greatest argument against democracy is to have a five minute conversation  with the average voter. "

Offline IanZG

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4414 on: July 27, 2020, 08:57:10 pm »
Fair play to the people who thought Klopp would bomb Lallana and Lovren out of the squad the moment he arrives, looks like they had the last laugh in the end...

Online Oskar

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4415 on: July 27, 2020, 09:04:07 pm »
It will be strange watching him play in blue.

He's an excellent signing for Brighton, I wish him the very best of luck there.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #4416 on: July 27, 2020, 09:08:49 pm »
Fair play to the people who thought Klopp would bomb Lallana and Lovren out of the squad the moment he arrives, looks like they had the last laugh in the end...

Did anyone think that?!

Maybe didn’t think Lovren was quite Klopps sort of CB but was still easily our best one at the time. But Lallana? Pretty sure most people thought he was the player the gaffer would most want to work with when he arrived.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Chavasse1917

• Legacy Fan
  • “Winning trophies has made me put on weight.”
« Reply #4417 on: July 27, 2020, 09:27:07 pm »

Good luck Adam.  Everyone realises that your contribution over the last couple of seasons has been curtailed by injuries but you have always stood out as a player of quality and integrity, a model professional.  You are a rarity, someone whom RAWK contributors have almost universally admired, respected and appreciated. Good luck in the next chapter of your career.
"Everything has an end...except a sausage, which has two".

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #4418 on: July 27, 2020, 09:47:42 pm »
Brighton have signed a good 'un.

Hope he stays injury free and I'll look forward to seeing him play.

Offline Dougle

• and the bleu cat!
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4419 on: July 27, 2020, 09:57:49 pm »
Interesting. He's probably looking at more from a family angle with that decision. Although...

Melissa Reddy@MelissaReddy_
Brighton are leading the charge to snap up #LFC's Adam Lallana offering the midfielder a good contract centred around him being a leader on the pitch and off it, furthering their tactical development. Dan Ashworth a driver of the deal that they’ve been working on since January.

Like what Brighton are trying to put together down there. Good luck to Adam. I think he and Degsy will both be missed big time, certainly off the pitch (??) but it is time to go. Even on the pitch this season Lallana had a few major contributions, slipping the one in at Old Trafford was special. Seems like one of the good guys. All the best and Thanks.

Offline dmorgan

• Started well, turned out a bit meh.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Going, Going....gone.
« Reply #4420 on: July 27, 2020, 10:00:51 pm »
Best of luck to him.. A joy to watch at his best. Hope his injury troubles are behind him and he can have a fantastic end to his career

Offline darragh85

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4421 on: July 27, 2020, 10:12:40 pm »
lovely player on his day. a great squad player in recent season. will be hard to replace him.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #4422 on: July 27, 2020, 10:19:09 pm »
Best of luck Adam.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline bornandbRED

• ... an ESL super fan. aka physioSTALKER
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4423 on: July 27, 2020, 10:21:55 pm »
Surprised by the eulogising in here. Obviously popular in the dressing room and a good performer in Klopp’s early days, but his on field contribution has been non-existent in 3 years.

Wish him all the best, but reading some of the posts in here you’d think he’s been a pivotal member of the playing squad during our recent adventure. Far from it - even compared to the likes of Lovren.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4424 on: July 27, 2020, 10:33:08 pm »
Surprised by the eulogising in here. Obviously popular in the dressing room and a good performer in Klopp’s early days, but his on field contribution has been non-existent in 3 years.

Wish him all the best, but reading some of the posts in here you’d think he’s been a pivotal member of the playing squad during our recent adventure. Far from it - even compared to the likes of Lovren.

You know the old expression, if you’ve got nothing nice to say.....

You’ve clearly got absolutely no idea how the club works, how the staff work, what the manager values. You’re surprised by the eulogising on here? Try the eulogising from the manager, the eulogising from the staff, eulogising from a group of players who are currently English, European and World champions. Eulogising from every journo who covers the club, about his important to the club and our success. We offered him an extension purely so he could be around for the climax of the season, knowing full well he wouldn’t play.

But yeah... you really smashed it there ;)
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Avens

• Look around you! Clearly knows his Gary Gum from his Anti-Gary Gum.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4425 on: July 27, 2020, 10:48:16 pm »

You’ve clearly got absolutely no idea how the club works, how the staff work, what the manager values. You’re surprised by the eulogising on here? Try the eulogising from the manager, the eulogising from the staff, eulogising from a group of players who are currently English, European and World champions. Eulogising from every journo who covers the club, about his important to the club and our success. We offered him an extension purely so he could be around for the climax of the season, knowing full well he wouldn’t play.

Well said. Clearly a major part of the culture of the club during our most successful period in 30 years. Football clubs are a lot more than just the 15 or so players that start games regularly. He'll be missed.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now. - Jurgen Klopp

Offline bornandbRED

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4426 on: July 27, 2020, 10:50:25 pm »

Personality and performance are not mutually exclusive. Lallana seems a nice guy. I’m happy he got to stick around and witness things come to fruition.

I’m just not averse to acknowledging that any goodwill towards him is based almost entirely upon sentiment from 2015-2017. He’s been largely useless since then despite sitting on 100k+ a week, fit or not/nice guy or not. Hopefully we can replace him with a more robust and available figure next season. I suspect when it comes to evaluating his on field value, Klopp feels pretty similarly.

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4427 on: July 27, 2020, 10:51:47 pm »
Personality and performance are not mutually exclusive. Lallana seems a nice guy. I’m happy he got to stick around and witness things come to fruition.

I’m just not averse to acknowledging that any goodwill towards him is based almost entirely upon sentiment from 2015-2017. He’s been largely useless since then despite sitting on 100k+ a week, fit or not/nice guy or not. Hopefully we can replace him with a more robust and available figure next season. I suspect when it comes to evaluating his on field value, Klopp feels pretty similarly.

I suspect when it comes to evaluating his on field value, you couldn’t be much further away.

Offline CentenaryBoy

• Kopite
  • JFT97
« Reply #4428 on: July 27, 2020, 10:57:55 pm »
I wonder if he'll be invited to take part in the open top bus parade, whenever it happens? Although, I imagine Brighton might not be so keen on the idea.

Offline bornandbRED

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4429 on: July 27, 2020, 11:00:30 pm »
I suspect when it comes to evaluating his on field value, you couldn’t be much further away.

It’s pretty black and white. He’s scored 1 goal in 3 seasons, and started 8 games this season in all comps. Whilst being paid similarly to some of our top performers, and more than the likes of TAA/Robertson/Gomez/Wijnaldum.

Don’t want to bash the bloke too much but he was a complete deadweight by the time he left. Fortunately the club are quite rational about these decisions these days, despite the ramblings of some such as yourself.

Online Oskar

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4430 on: July 27, 2020, 11:07:46 pm »
It’s pretty black and white. He’s scored 1 goal in 3 seasons, and started 8 games this season in all comps. Whilst being paid similarly to some of our top performers, and more than the likes of TAA/Robertson/Gomez/Wijnaldum.

Don’t want to bash the bloke too much but he was a complete deadweight by the time he left. Fortunately the club are quite rational about these decisions these days, despite the ramblings of some such as yourself.

You don't want to bash him, then say that in the same sentence.

All you had to do was wish him good luck, there really wasn't any need to have one last dig at the player.

Offline bornandbRED

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4431 on: July 27, 2020, 11:10:59 pm »
You don't want to bash him, then say that in the same sentence.

All you had to do was wish him good luck, there really wasn't any need to have one last dig at the player.

I indeed wish him all the best at Brighton - but it’s a discussion thread and not a place to sign off on a leaving card. Forgive me for thinking otherwise.

Online Oskar

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4432 on: July 27, 2020, 11:13:08 pm »
I indeed wish him all the best at Brighton

Just leave it at that.

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4433 on: July 27, 2020, 11:16:07 pm »

What do you make of us extending his contract to the end of the season whilst actively not playing him?

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
« Reply #4434 on: July 27, 2020, 11:16:48 pm »

Exactly, we've had players in our squads who have added even when they have not played, part of the culture. Lucas Leiva was one, Sami Hypia was another when he played 16 games in 2018/19. There is a dynamic to squads that we don't see, that's why Alonso was so valuable and Ruddock was a liability.
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline Ultimate Bromance

• The Crab
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4435 on: July 28, 2020, 04:35:26 am »
Wish him all the best, deserves a fair crack at it after all the injuries the past few years
Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose.

Offline him_15

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4436 on: July 28, 2020, 07:30:54 am »
Thank you and good luck Adam, always give his best for the club.
Believer

Offline kloppismydad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4437 on: July 28, 2020, 08:16:52 am »
That's a pretty nice looking kit! Suits the boyhood Evertonian. :P
Mark my words. Top 8 will be a massive struggle.
We won't make any big signings this season and we will go back to being a top4 club.

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #4438 on: July 28, 2020, 08:26:48 am »
That's a pretty nice looking kit! Suits the boyhood Evertonian. :P

Looks all Ipswich to me.

Good look Lallana, some of the best touches you'll see on a football pitch.
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline Dull Tools

• Likes James Corden.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4439 on: July 28, 2020, 09:48:54 am »
Good luck to him. He is a great talent who just couldn't force his way back in the team. Now the injuries seem to be behind him he could go on to have an Ings impact on Brighton.

I thought he would end up at a team in the European places so it is a great coup for Brighton.