Author Topic: COVID-19:VERIFIED news sources, 0 politishit, 0 CONSPIRACY SHITE  (Read 3459458 times)

Offline west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
I wouldn't bank on it. There are two ways that this can go. We get a fairer society or we get an even harsher version of austerity. If it's the latter god help us.

Have to be honest, that second option is exactly what’s going through my head as a public sector worker. When the bill has to be paid for all the support given to every one over the last few weeks it will be us paying for it with our jobs or another 10 years of wage freezes.
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
ITV2 are currently showing Contagion....

Did no one think to change it?

No one?
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
Yes.

https://www.ft.com/coronavirus-latest

Looking at that we're slightly worse than Italy, but in somewhat better shape than Spain.  France has it pretty bad too.  Seems to be a slim chance that our trajectory might dip inside that of Italy's in the next week, but probably depends on how effective the lockdown proves.  I wouldn't bet on it myself.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
ITV2 are currently showing Contagion....

Did no one think to change it?

No one?

I think they're thinking about viewing figures.

If you look on certain illegal downloading sites (and probably legal streaming ones too), it's been trending in the top 50 for weeks and weeks now. People want to see it. Have to confess I even stuck on the first ten minutes myself the other night before I realised I couldn't handle the paranoia it was giving me.

Like it or not, it's topical.
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline ShakaHislop

• Shocktrooper of the Vinny Cable Nasties
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
What a fucking dickhead, not that we didn't know it already of course. Why not do both? the fucking tool

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/mar/26/no-10-boris-johnson-accused-of-putting-brexit-over-breathing-in-covid-19-ventilator-row

Several small suppliers of ventilators have said the government has not responded to their offers to make more.

The head of Direct Access, Steven Mifsud, told the Nantwich News he had sourced 5,000 ventilators and millions of face masks and personal protective equipment through partners in the United Arab Emirates. He said he registered the supply on the “ventilator challenge” page of the Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy website, but after five days he had heard nothing and the supplies went elsewhere.

He was quoted as saying the only communication he had from the Department of Health was a “thank you” and “you are in our system”.

“Time is a luxury that we as a nation do not have,” Mifsud said. “This virus does not wait for anyone and every second costs lives. I am incredibly frustrated with the British government and the current mañana attitude.” He said his partners in the UAE said they were getting responses from other countries within hours.

Andrew Raynor, of the medical parts manufacturer MEC Medical, told the BBC’s Newsnight that nothing happened when he contacted the government offering to make ventilators. “The government should have given funding to existing ventilator manufacturers and existing companies like us,” he said.

Video - https://twitter.com/BBCNewsnight/status/1243119179529666560

As for Dyson, not that my opinion of him was high to begin with, if Peston's theory is right, it's pretty gross.

https://twitter.com/Peston/status/1243141945926582273

Offline kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truth , Love and Simplicity ♡
Good to see you haven't lost your sense of humour mate.

You got to crack on with it and I've always said this... if the fuckers take my sense of humour that's the day they've got me.
He who sees himself in all beings and all beings in himself loses all fear.

- The Upanishads.

The heart knows the way. Run in that direction

- Rumi

You are held . You are loved . You are seen  - Some wise fella .

Offline Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
Not sure what the big deal is with ITV showing Contagion.

If anything it should be a looking glass into how we'd currently handle shit if we had even deadlier pandemic.

We're 'getting away with it' with Covid, to a degree.
:D

Online Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97

As for Dyson, not that my opinion of him was high to begin with, if Peston's theory is right, it's pretty gross.

It is almost as if Johnson has a chief advisor who likes to think outside the box.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
Yes.

Go on then. I'll say 'no'.

Here's the thinking. Figures for deaths reflect people who first got this thing 4 weeks ago. New cases will be those who got it around 2 weeks ago. And it *may* be that the initial social distancing message has already moved things a bit. And over the next few weeks we'll hopefully see the effects of that escalating up to a full 'stay at home' moving us further away. Which is where the very cautious optimism of the Deputy Chief Medical Officer and likes of Neil Ferguson is coming from currently. Not that it's going to be pleasant.
"And the voices of the standing Kop still whispering in the wind will salute the wee Scots redman and he will still walk on.
And your money will have bought you nothing."

Offline Iska

• Legacy Fan
  • The only club that matters

His stuff’s shite anyway - get a regular drier at a tenth of the price and it works better, even if it doesn’t look quite as good.

Offline Kashinoda

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm

Here's the thinking. Figures for deaths reflect people who first got this thing 4 weeks. New cases will be those who got it around 2 weeks ago. And it *may* be that the initial social distancing message has already moved things a bit. And over the next few weeks we'll hopefully see the effects of that escalating up to a full 'stay at home' moving us further away. Which is where the very cautious optimism of the Deputy Chief Medical Officer and likes of Neil Ferguson is coming from currently. Not that it's going to be pleasant.

It may be, but the 'confirmed cases' statistic is pretty worthless at this point until everyone gets on South Korea's level. Deaths is all we have to go on.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2020, 10:00:40 pm by Kashinoda »

Offline Iska

• Legacy Fan
  • The only club that matters

Here's the thinking. Figures for deaths reflect people who first got this thing 4 weeks ago. New cases will be those who got it around 2 weeks ago. And it *may* be that the initial social distancing message has already moved things a bit. And over the next few weeks we'll hopefully see the effects of that escalating up to a full 'stay at home' moving us further away. Which is where the very cautious optimism of the Deputy Chief Medical Officer and likes of Neil Ferguson is coming from currently. Not that it's going to be pleasant.
Korea’s the remarkable one on that chart - it’s the one that isn’t a curve but shows a sharp right turn instead.

Offline west_london_red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

I would be lying if I said it didn’t cross my mind that Dyson was just after some publicity, but naively thought he wouldn’t be that much of a c*nt would he? Looks like I was wrong.
Thinking is overrated.

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
It may be, but the case trajectories statistic is pretty worthless at this point until everyone gets on South Korea's level. Deaths is all we have to go on.

Can compare across to countries performing tests on only hospitalised cases in the main though, which covers Italy, no? Obviously some variability to it too with tests and surveillance etc. Without adjusting for demographics etc. then deaths are also a difficult comparison to make.
"And the voices of the standing Kop still whispering in the wind will salute the wee Scots redman and he will still walk on.

Online Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
His stuff’s shite anyway - get a regular drier at a tenth of the price and it works better, even if it doesn’t look quite as good.

He's full of hot air and their vacuum cleaners suck too. I'm not a fan.

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
Trump playing down Covid19 again.
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
It is almost as if Johnson has a chief advisor who likes to think outside the box.
and because of that he might be putting more people in a box
A world were Liars and Hypocrites are accepted and rewarded and honest people are derided!
Who voted in this lying corrupt bastard anyway

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
CNN reporting at least 237 new deaths in the USA today.

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline Kashinoda

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
Can compare across to countries performing tests on only hospitalised cases in the main though, which covers Italy, no? Obviously some variability to it too with tests and surveillance etc. Without adjusting for demographics etc. then deaths are also a difficult comparison to make.

True, but looking at that graph shows Italy's confirmed cases breaks away from us on day 2 and by day 10 they've already confirmed 1000 more.

What's also strange is that we're on their curve for deaths with a younger populus, much of Italy's problem has been attributed to their older citizens.

Still early days like you say, hopefully a picture will emerge in the next 7-14 days.

Offline Jm55

• Would legit drive you round the bend but his car legit won't start. More bounze... to the ounze.
  • Legacy Fan

I’m sure I read that Italy only tested those in hospital but also classed any death of a COVID-19 patient as a COVID-19 death even though it may not have been what actually killed the patient.

I’m unsure if that has been applied in the UK as well.

Offline Kashinoda

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
Trump playing down Covid19 again.

Water wet.

Online Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
and because of that he might be putting more people in a box

As reported in The Sunday Times, Cummings made the comments at the end of Februrary, while suggesting that allowing 60%-80% of the population to become infected was the right approach.

Cummings outlined the UK Government's position which, according to those present, was “herd immunity, protect the economy and if that means some pensioners die, too bad”.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline west_london_red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I heard earlier today that a guy I used to work with years ago and fellow Red had died from the virus today.

Someone put up a condolence comment of Facebook and tagged the fella who just passed away, and I just clicked on it to see his profile and his last few posts... completely heart breaking as he wrote about what he was going through, begging his deceased father would come and get him because of the suffering and now he sadly has :(

RIP & YNWA
Thinking is overrated.

Offline djahern

• aka Gail Yodeller
  • Legacy Fan

Don’t disagree with what you’ve written but isn’t the trajectory of Italy’s and UKs lines almost the same since day 5? It’s just Italy had more cases at day 5 so their plot is a little higher, but the slope of both looks the same?

Online Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
I heard earlier today that a guy I used to work with years ago and fellow Red had died from the virus today.

Someone put up a condolence comment of Facebook and tagged the fella who just passed away, and I just clicked on it to see his profile and his last few posts... completely heart breaking as he wrote about what he was going through, begging his deceased father would come and get him because of the suffering and now he sadly has :(

RIP & YNWA

Sorry to hear that mate.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
True, but looking at that graph shows Italy's confirmed cases breaks away from us on day 2 and by day 10 they've already confirmed 1000 more.

What's also strange is that we're on their curve for deaths with a younger populus, much of Italy's problem has been attributed to their older populus.

Still early days like you say, hopefully a picture will emerge in the next 7-14 days.

Trying to figure dates out, 5th March would be where we start in that? Italy would have been 22nd Feb? 23rd Feb Italy reported 163 cases just in Lombardy, 6th March we reported 48 new cases total. Think there's a difference in how well it was tracked up til that point?

Hopefully get some proper analysis in a couple of weeks too, yeah. One interesting thing is that South Korea's seeing deaths increasing as well - purely from the time lag between cases being reported and people passing away. Obviously lot going on to it.

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
Don’t disagree with what you’ve written but isn’t the trajectory of Italy’s and UKs lines almost the same since day 5? It’s just Italy had more cases at day 5 so their plot is a little higher, but the slope of both looks the same?

If you can shoot it down, please do. Although I'd argue we're really looking at the more recent days given lag, if that makes sense? Seems to be what Deputy CMO was hinting at in press conference today. So wondering what she's seeing.

Offline filopastry

• seldom posts but often delivers
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let me tell you a story.........
Neil Ferguson saying on twitter that his comments earlier today have been misinterpreted, the only change to their virus model is that they think the virus may be slightly more transmissible than previously thought, no significant change to estimated mortality rates.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
As reported in The Sunday Times, Cummings made the comments at the end of Februrary, while suggesting that allowing 60%-80% of the population to become infected was the right approach.

Cummings outlined the UK Government's position which, according to those present, was “herd immunity, protect the economy and if that means some pensioners die, too bad”.

Yeah. I think everyone knows that unless they've been liviing in a cellar with a magic kebab for the last four months
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline djahern

• aka Gail Yodeller
  • Legacy Fan
If you can shoot it down, please do. Although I'd argue we're really looking at the more recent days given lag, if that makes sense? Seems to be what Deputy CMO was hinting at in press conference today. So wondering what she's seeing.

True, they’ve got access to data that’s not in these graphs too of course. Specific data from regions, hospitals etc.

Online Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
Yeah. I think everyone knows that unless they've been liviing in a cellar with a magic kebab for the last four months

It was published in the Times on Sunday.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Mister Flip Flop

• More flop than flip.
  • Legacy Fan
CNN reporting at least 237 new deaths in the USA today.

Not to sound like a total c*nt but in a few days that number will seem like a victory. This piece is from a nurse working in a NY hospital. They are taking bodies out of the hospital into refrigerated trucks. She is putting her job on the line to report whats going on so i think it's worth the 5 minutes of eveyones evening to view it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bE68xVXf8Kw
Soccer - let's face it, its not really about a game of ball anymore is it?

Online Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
Neil Ferguson saying on twitter that his comments earlier today have been misinterpreted, the only change to their virus model is that they think the virus may be slightly more transmissible than previously thought, no significant change to estimated mortality rates.

That would fit with what the Scottish CMO said at the weekend.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
It was published in the Times on Sunday.

I've been seeing that quote online for the last 3 or 4 weeks
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Trada

• Legacy Fan
  • Trada
In the USA press conference, they are totally misleading the USA public about the UK data saying that we first said 500,000 would die and now are saying only 20,000 so its not as deadly.

Without telling them the 500,000 was predicted if we didn't do a lockdown and let people caught it to get herd immunity and carrying working like Trump wants,. Then the Tories panic about the deaths and the 20,000 is the new model with the lockdown in the UK.

Online Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97

No mate google it. It is from a Sunday.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Batshit fucker and Chief Yuletide Porcine Voyeur
  • Legacy Fan
Yeah. I see that over today Ann Coulter (and other assorted sociopaths) have been shouting the Trump line (of restart the economy), and basing their views on misrepresentions of Ferguson's comments. These absolute c*nts are going to cost a lot more lives if their 'arguments' win out.
would rather have a wank wearing a barb wire glove
If you're chasing thrills, try a bit of auto-asphyxiation with a poppers-soaked orange in your gob.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
Yeah. I see that over today Ann Coulter (and other assorted sociopaths) have been shouting the Trump line (of restart the economy), and basing their views on misrepresentions of Ferguson's comments. These absolute c*nts are going to cost a lot more lives if their 'arguments' win out.
He’s been clear that the number of 5700 is only with extreme social distancing...

Some ‘conservatives’ seem to be deliberately misconstruing him   
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Think ‘herd immunity’ was referenced (Leaked?) fri 13th March (or sat 14th). Supposedly this was driving govt strategy until then. Then over that weekend Govt had read and digested the Imperial report, and met with Sage and other contributors to the report on the Sunday.  Said report was influenced by spread and numbers within China and more particular Italy. This resulted in a complete change in strategy by Govt on Monday 16th March.  Then we seen the first control measures being introduced (‘light touch’ compared to now).

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Batshit fucker and Chief Yuletide Porcine Voyeur
  • Legacy Fan
He’s been clear that the number of 5700 is only with extreme social distancing...

Some ‘conservatives’ seem to be deliberately misconstruing him
It's a full-on death cult in some sections of society in the US. I fear their 'argument' will win out and the derisory measures already enacted will be dropped over much of the country. And where it is not, it may as well because of a lack of supplies and resources.
would rather have a wank wearing a barb wire glove
If you're chasing thrills, try a bit of auto-asphyxiation with a poppers-soaked orange in your gob.