Author Topic: Takumi Minamino  (Read 429840 times)

Offline MD1990

• Makes your eyes bleed and your brain hurt.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Takumi Minamino
« Reply #3160 on: January 14, 2022, 12:11:10 pm »
I cant remember him having a good game in the PL for us.
Palace away last season he scored but he was very quiet afterwards

Online Simplexity

• Do we need the xity? (apparently not)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3161 on: January 14, 2022, 01:39:08 pm »
Top level sport is all about seizing the key moments and I am afraid Taki has failed to do that.

I honestly think he was probably our best attacker in the front 3 as faint praise as it may be, but that miss will cloud over everything really.

Offline Xanderzone

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3162 on: January 14, 2022, 01:45:29 pm »
He's not LFC standard and it was pretty obvious early on that was the case.

Shame because he seems a nice lad who puts in a shift but the drop off between our first XI to him is too great.

Offline PhilV

• Has difficulty in getting it up, apparently.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Epic Swindler
« Reply #3163 on: January 14, 2022, 01:47:38 pm »
The biggest issue with his performance tonight was that he didn't play out wide. He bizarrely decided to go and stand on Ben White's toes all night. They played three centre backs and defended incredibly narrow and he tucked in and played in the 'D' on the edge of the penalty area.

If you aren't quick, and you aren't strong, then as a forward your movement has to be exceptional. He should have been looking to link with Robbo and get down the side of the centre backs. He just played entirely into their hands. We ended up bringing Jones on who ended up playing in the position Taki should have occupied.

I wonder if this was Taki or coaching instruction.

In this game where Arsenal set up compact in the middle, we struggled to use width at all, one of our strongest assets.

Further bizarrely, Hendo and Trent kept switching in the final third, whereby Hendo was wider than Trent pretty much at all times, why is that? Maybe cause for once since I can remember, Trent wasn't able to cross a decent ball, the whole lack of width until Curtis Jones and Neco came on was very bizzare to me.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3164 on: January 14, 2022, 02:11:28 pm »
Played the game of his life against us in an Attacking mid position and we bought him cheaply and stick him in the wide forward positions when he's not quick enough. If we consider Jota a first team regular now then Taki should not be the first backup as he ain't good enough.

Offline Medellin

• Self-confessed daft meff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #3165 on: January 14, 2022, 02:24:27 pm »

In this game where Arsenal set up compact in the middle, we struggled to use width at all, one of our strongest assets.

Further bizarrely, Hendo and Trent kept switching in the final third, whereby Hendo was wider than Trent pretty much at all times, why is that? Maybe cause for once since I can remember, Trent wasn't able to cross a decent ball, the whole lack of width until Curtis Jones and Neco came on was very bizzare to me.

You would like to think it was tactical..Taki is full of endeavour but sometimes he has you scratching your head like what the fuck, like when you see the start of a press & he seems to double up pressing a player already being pressed.
Support the team,Trust & Believe.

Offline redmark

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3166 on: January 14, 2022, 02:55:00 pm »
For the type of little technical player we desperately need at times, his touch and technique is all too frequently rather poor.
Stop whining : https://spiritofshankly.com/ : https://thefsa.org.uk/join/ : https://reclaimourgame.com/
The focus now should not be on who the owners are, but limits on what owners can do without formal supporter agreement. At all clubs.

Offline harleydanger

• 7/2=3. Proud holder of shittest ideas badge.
  • Legacy Fan
  • If I sound stupid, I'm probably casting a line
« Reply #3167 on: January 14, 2022, 03:01:04 pm »
He's not LFC standard and it was pretty obvious early on that was the case.

Shame because he seems a nice lad who puts in a shift but the drop off between our first XI to him is too great.

I think he’s not a forward. Looks a midfielder all day.
WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!

Normally a player can look great on tubes, but one of the things that's encouraging for me is just the amount of youtube videos on him

« Reply #3168 on: January 14, 2022, 08:39:05 pm »
While we were hoping for the best for him he really isn't good enough to play in our attack. He may score a few goals here and there but overall doesn't do nearly enough.

One thing I feel Klopp and Edwards may look back and wish they did better was letting go of underperforming players earlier.

Online Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #3169 on: January 14, 2022, 11:28:43 pm »
Played the game of his life against us in an Attacking mid position and we bought him cheaply and stick him in the wide forward positions when he's not quick enough. If we consider Jota a first team regular now then Taki should not be the first backup as he ain't good enough.

That is why it was such a strange decision to buy him.

If we are going to push the full backs on then we can't really play with a CAM/10.

If we wanted to buy an opposition forward from those games then Haaland, Daka and Hwang were much better options for our system.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Online Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #3170 on: January 14, 2022, 11:56:53 pm »

We have tweaked our system so that Mo hugs the touchline, the rhs midfield player goes wide and Trent tucks in as the playmaker. It worked brilliantly with Elliot a natural wide player as the rhs midfield player. On the other side Mane starts wide and makes out to in runs to drag the full back in, which allows Robbo to overlap.

Hendo isn't a natural wide player so instead of creating space for Trent when he goes inside he just cramps Trent for space. On the other side Taki instead of starting wide and using his movement to create overloads just basically hovered on the 'D' on the edge of the area. Mane starts wide ducks inside for a pass but if the pass doesn't come looks to create a passing angle for Robbo. The thing is Mane has taken the full back with him so we have an overload.

Taki basically stood on Ben White's toes and left Robbo 1v1 against the full back. So instead of creating width we ended up with Robbo just recylcling possesion infield. Taki just isn't quick enough to play out wide, so he does what slow players do when asked to play out wide he drifted inside. So we ended up bringing Jones on to do the job Taki should have done.

To compound the issue Taki simply isn't strong enough to receive the ball when playing up against a centre back. So we tried playing it in to him initially and then he was just ignored because his team mates simply cannot trust him in those areas. I have got all kinds of grief for saying that his team mates don't trust him but for me it is as clear as day.

Look at the number of times players knock the ball in to Bobby and then commit and look for a 1-2. With Taki playere play it in to him and then hold, so even if he does hold it up it is a return pass. One of the few times players looked for a return pass or a 3rd man run off Taki was the last round when he played Jota in.

That Leicester game summed Taki up though. He is at his best in free flowing attacking games in which the opposition vacate space. He looked a quality player against us for Salzburg but that was a stupidly open game. He looked good in the 7-0 v Palace another end to end game that could have finished 9-3.

Put him in a tight battle and sadly he simply doesn't have the required tools in this League at this level.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Kekule

• Not fussy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3171 on: January 16, 2022, 03:38:16 pm »
Happy Birthday!

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3172 on: January 16, 2022, 03:53:41 pm »
Delighted for him after Thursday :)
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline unknownuser

• Legacy Fan
  • You'll Never Walk Alone
« Reply #3173 on: January 16, 2022, 03:55:02 pm »
Nice birthday gift for him from Bobby.

Offline NarutoReds

• Looking for an alcohol-fuelled sixsome with Crosby Nick, Ghost Town, WhereAngelsPlay, Charlie Adams fried egg and Al 666. Any takers?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Saw Everton - "I'd shut the curtains..."
« Reply #3174 on: January 16, 2022, 03:58:59 pm »
A goal. And he did well.  8)  Get in!!!
It's there to remind our lads who they're playing for and to remind the opposition who they're playing against!

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #3175 on: January 16, 2022, 03:59:22 pm »
Good for Taki  ;D  Got a mad amount of stick on Thursday, so especually pleasing for him!

Online MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3176 on: January 16, 2022, 04:03:11 pm »
Good goal. I hope he can build on it.

Offline UNO

• Kopite
« Reply #3177 on: January 16, 2022, 04:27:27 pm »
Very happy for him! Hope his goal scoring trend will not stop!

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #3178 on: January 16, 2022, 04:28:59 pm »
He's not gonna score many easier goals, and I hope his confidence grows, but pressing to win that ball was more encouraging for me.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3179 on: January 16, 2022, 04:30:32 pm »
Loved the reaction of the players, all genuinely made up for him scoring
Jurgen YNWA

Online Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3180 on: January 16, 2022, 04:36:01 pm »
Good for Taki  ;D  Got a mad amount of stick on Thursday, so especually pleasing for him!

I hated reading all the knee jerk shite on here a few days ago. I said it then and I’ll say it now - he’s a cracking little player and just needs games. It’s clear he’s now adapted , understands the system and has an abundance of talent and energy. He’s a great squad option.
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Online elkun

• Kopite
« Reply #3181 on: January 16, 2022, 04:40:34 pm »
I hated reading all the knee jerk shite on here a few days ago. I said it then and I’ll say it now - he’s a cracking little player and just needs games. It’s clear he’s now adapted , understands the system and has an abundance of talent and energy. He’s a great squad option.
I'm genuinely happy for him that he scored a goal but a tap in goal unfortunately won't change the fact that he's just not good enough for us.

I agree with the poster above who said, if only Klopp and Edwards were better at letting go of underperforming players earlier.

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3182 on: January 16, 2022, 04:42:22 pm »
I'm genuinely happy for him that he scored a goal but a tap in goal unfortunately won't change the fact that he's just not good enough for us.

I agree with the poster above who said, if only Klopp and Edwards were better at letting go of underperforming players earlier.

;D

I know right, that Klopp and Edwards really need to up their game.

Online elkun

• Kopite
« Reply #3183 on: January 16, 2022, 04:44:35 pm »
;D

I know right, that Klopp and Edwards really need to up their game.
If we're talking about upping their game for letting underperforming players leave earlier, then yes  ;)

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3184 on: January 16, 2022, 04:50:18 pm »
If we're talking about upping their game for letting underperforming players leave earlier, then yes  ;)

Easy this managment lark isn’t it.

The issue isn’t Minamino, if you want a whige - maybe turn it towards the fact that there aren’t other options.  Maybe you need to look deeper - how about whether signing African players is a good idea maybe, or if it is, because hey, having Salah is clearly a great idea, and Mane too. But is having 2 of our main forwards being players who we know will be missing for a month plus every 2 years something that is wise? Maybe they should have got rid of Origi? Now that one makes more sense.

Minamino arriived during a pandemic and had a year of his career pretty much wiped out for that, he is a cheap squad option who as that is actually a nice option - someone to come on a sub in games like this, someone to play some cup games (which he has contributed in). Your whinging is aimed at the wrong thing here.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3185 on: January 16, 2022, 04:56:43 pm »

Yeah if you ignore the fact that he pressed the defender, forcing the pass back to the keeper, then pressed the keeper so well that his only option was the ball to the CB that Bobby intercepted

Easy this managment lark isn’t it.

The issue isn’t Minamino, if you want a whige - maybe turn it towards the fact that there aren’t other options.  Maybe you need to look deeper - how about whether signing African players is a good idea maybe, or if it is, because hey, having Salah is clearly a great idea, and Mane too. But is having 2 of our main forwards being players who we know will be missing for a month plus every 2 years something that is wise? Maybe they should have got rid of Origi? Now that one makes more sense.

Minamino arriived during a pandemic and had a year of his career pretty much wiped out for that, he is a cheap squad option who as that is actually a nice option - someone to come on a sub in games like this, someone to play some cup games (which he has contributed in). Your whinging is aimed at the wrong thing here.

Annoys me how many totally ignore this.
Jurgen YNWA

Online Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #3186 on: January 16, 2022, 05:08:22 pm »

Made up he scored because he seems a really nice guy.

However, I can't believe you are saying he just requires games. We were without Salah, Mane, Origi, Elliot, Keita and Thiago and he still didn't start. Ox was preferred to him for a front three position. He is going to struggle massively to get minutes, never mind starts.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline idontknow

• idonowknowicanchangethisijustfoundouticould
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3187 on: January 16, 2022, 05:08:45 pm »
Loved the reaction of the players, all genuinely made up for him scoring
I loved that, we have a squad of players so supportive of each other. I won't say some posters could learn from that  :) cos they won't. It's wonderful to see though.
It is a machine. It is more stupid than we are. It will not stop us from doing stupid things.

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #3188 on: January 16, 2022, 05:44:31 pm »
Yeah if you ignore the fact that he pressed the defender, forcing the pass back to the keeper, then pressed the keeper so well that his only option was the ball to the CB that Bobby intercepted

Annoys me how many totally ignore this.

Is that a hard ignore?
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline Bend It Like Aurelio

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3189 on: January 16, 2022, 05:45:41 pm »

However, I can't believe you are saying he just requires games. We were without Salah, Mane, Origi, Elliot, Keita and Thiago and he still didn't start. Ox was preferred to him for a front three position. He is going to struggle massively to get minutes, never mind starts.

Ox has deputised for the front 3 on many occasions. I don’t think that is a slight on Taki, as in Klopp is purposefully ignoring him. The fact of the matter is that he has appeared in a larger percentage of our games as time has progressed, and he is by that metric our fifth choice forward at the moment.

Don’t think that is such a bad thing, considering that he has shown he can produce. I think the problem is that people seem to think we need six Salah’s in this team, when it is almost impossible. And for people to even rate Gordon above Minamino at this point is just frankly absurd.

Online MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3190 on: January 16, 2022, 05:45:59 pm »
He definitely deserves credit for the goal. Well done Taki lad!

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3191 on: January 16, 2022, 06:02:58 pm »
Jurgen YNWA

Online Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3192 on: January 16, 2022, 06:04:44 pm »
His 6th goal this season, with little minutes, not bad at all.

Offline Beninger

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3193 on: January 16, 2022, 06:42:38 pm »
He and Bobby helped make that goal happen together. They both pressed very well prior to the finish.

Offline Max_powers

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3194 on: January 16, 2022, 06:43:57 pm »

Yes but he proved that he is an impact player now. Scoring after coming on as a Sub as you were complaining about earlier.

Before he was only scoring as a starter in CL and League Cup.

Online wige

• wiggy-woo!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3195 on: January 16, 2022, 06:46:58 pm »
Well in Taki.

Is he of the standard of Salah, Mane, Firmino and Jota? No.

Does he work his bollocks off in every game he plays, take up good positions, attempt to use the ball well and take a fair few chances? Yes he does.

Good luck to the lad.

Offline number 168

• Bootle - Aigburth Vale. Mon-Sat evenings, Sundays & Bank Holidays only. Arl fart clearly past his sell-his-season-ticket-by-date.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3196 on: January 16, 2022, 06:50:12 pm »
Well in Taki.

Is he of the standard of Salah, Mane, Firmino and Jota? No.

Does he work his bollocks off in every game he plays, take up good positions, attempt to use the ball well and take a fair few chances? Yes he does.

Good luck to the lad.

Well said.

Online Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #3197 on: January 16, 2022, 07:04:56 pm »
Yes but he proved that he is an impact player now. Scoring after coming on as a Sub as you were complaining about earlier.

Before he was only scoring as a starter in CL and League Cup.

No, he hasn't proved he is an impact sub. In 28 competitive appearances as a sub he has scored twice, the 4th in a 4-0 win against Arsenal and today the 3rd in a 3-0 win. That isn't coming on and changing the course of a game. That is thriving on space when the game is won.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #3198 on: January 16, 2022, 07:06:19 pm »
2-0 isn’t game over Al, you should know that
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline StevoHimself

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3199 on: January 16, 2022, 07:08:45 pm »
Plenty writing him off midweek, but I do think the best teams should have room for a technically gifted player even if they're wanting physically. As others have said, his goal-scoring record is pretty decent, and I think it's obvious he's not exactly going to be threatening (or demanding) for a starting place very much at all anyway.