Author Topic: Takumi Minamino  (Read 429825 times)

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Takumi Minamino
« Reply #3080 on: December 30, 2021, 10:51:11 am »
If we get to the final then yes I would be desperate for us to win it.

However I wouldn't want us to risk any of our big hitters for the two semi-finals. Which pretty much sums up the level of the competition. Look at the stick Rodgers has received for playing a strong team and getting injuries against us.
Would you play Taki in the final?

Offline Vinay

• West Coast privileges revoked due to jinxing activity. Considerably more greedier than yaow!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Ceux qui écrivent clairement ont des lecteurs.....
« Reply #3081 on: December 30, 2021, 11:17:35 am »
Should we play Takumi in the next game, against Chelsea? This is the more pertinent question....

Online Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #3082 on: December 30, 2021, 12:30:53 pm »
Would you play Taki in the final?

I would play our best 11 in the final. So barring injuries or COVID then Taki would be miles away from starting. I would say if everyone is fit then he is at best 5th choice but probably 6th choice for the front three and even further away from getting an 8 role.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline LiamG

• He's loving angels instead. Cos through it all they offer him protection.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #3083 on: January 1, 2022, 02:44:16 pm »

This is a perfect example of the popularity nonsense.

Why would any rational Liverpool fan want Taki involved in a Cup Final against a likely full strength Chelsea or Spurs side. The only way it is going to happen is if we have a horrendous injury crisis. Is that what people really want.

This all kicked off on the 4th of September when I suggested that Taki getting injured for Japan wasn't a great loss because he was miles away from the starting 11 and probably wouldn't be starting any League games unless we had an injury crisis. Guess what I was right and the posters telling us that Taki was on the cusp of a breakthrough were wrong.

It is the same sentiment that had people suggesting that the likes of Virgil and Matip would have to prove they were better than Nat Phillips.

You don't think he deserves a place in the cup teams?

Online Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #3084 on: January 1, 2022, 04:35:07 pm »
You don't think he deserves a place in the cup teams?

In a final against a full strength Chelsea or Spurs side. No.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #3085 on: January 1, 2022, 05:01:57 pm »
No the mistake I made was trying to have a rational debate about a player's attributes and weaknesses in a player thread. Should have just realised they are nothing but a popularity contest on RAWK. You make a point about how a player isn't really suited to our system and that means you hate the player. It is bizarre.

This is a perfect example of the popularity nonsense.

Why would any rational Liverpool fan want Taki involved in a Cup Final against a likely full strength Chelsea or Spurs side. The only way it is going to happen is if we have a horrendous injury crisis. Is that what people really want.

This all kicked off on the 4th of September when I suggested that Taki getting injured for Japan wasn't a great loss because he was miles away from the starting 11 and probably wouldn't be starting any League games unless we had an injury crisis. Guess what I was right and the posters telling us that Taki was on the cusp of a breakthrough were wrong.

It is the same sentiment that had people suggesting that the likes of Virgil and Matip would have to prove they were better than Nat Phillips.

If we get through there'll be a big argument over whether to keep Kelleher in for the final.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #3086 on: January 1, 2022, 05:19:43 pm »
If we get through there'll be a big argument over whether to keep Kelleher in for the final.

That argument starts and ends with "No"

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3087 on: January 1, 2022, 05:57:37 pm »
That argument starts and ends with "No"
Yep

Not to mention, it's already been demonstrated. Allison started the dead rubber in Milan when a couple of million was on the line - can't imagine that having a trophy on the line would be deemed less important by Klopp

Offline harleydanger

• 7/2=3. Proud holder of shittest ideas badge.
  • Legacy Fan
  • If I sound stupid, I'm probably casting a line
« Reply #3088 on: January 1, 2022, 11:02:53 pm »
But, player development vs minor minor trophy.....
WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!

Normally a player can look great on tubes, but one of the things that's encouraging for me is just the amount of youtube videos on him

Offline Hidegkuti

• Main Stander
« Reply #3089 on: January 3, 2022, 01:28:05 am »
Anyone have any idea why he wasn’t in the squad today…?

Online Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #3090 on: January 3, 2022, 02:19:21 am »
Anyone have any idea why he wasn’t in the squad today…?

He is injured mate.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline smurfinaus

• Legacy Fan
  • Hi Ho Hi Ho its off to <insert location> we go :P
« Reply #3091 on: January 3, 2022, 11:11:45 pm »
Any idea how long he will be out for?

Offline mallin9

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3092 on: January 13, 2022, 09:51:18 pm »
As someone who really wants to see him do well…..that was rough
You'll Never Walk Alone

Online bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
« Reply #3093 on: January 13, 2022, 09:51:52 pm »
Don't want to kneejerk but that was the worst performance I've ever seen in a red shirt, and I've seen Christian Poulsen.
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #3094 on: January 13, 2022, 09:52:06 pm »
That chance was harder than it looked on the bounce but he struggled tonight, really struggled.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #3095 on: January 13, 2022, 09:52:42 pm »
That chance was harder than it looked on the bounce but he struggled tonight, really struggled.

He has so much time, he literally could have taken it down and walked it into the net.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3096 on: January 13, 2022, 09:53:29 pm »

Get over the ball and side foot it. Horrendous effort from him. Not saying it was easy but he made it a whole lot harder
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Legoland

• Plazzie Brick Lid :)
  • Kopite
« Reply #3097 on: January 13, 2022, 09:53:39 pm »
Don't want to kneejerk but that was the worst performance I've ever seen in a red shirt, and I've seen Christian Poulsen.

Nah that is kneejerk.

He was off it for sure. But that was not worse than Poulsen/Konchesky/Spearing.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3098 on: January 13, 2022, 09:54:08 pm »

It was but he had a bit more time.

Plus he kept trying some weird volley/lofted pass thing on the edge of the box.

He just really is a poor player. Id rather we have tried Gordon with Jota on the left.

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3099 on: January 13, 2022, 09:54:15 pm »
Poor miss, really poor, not sure why he hit it on the stretch instead of lining up with it and just side footing it in.

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3100 on: January 13, 2022, 09:54:59 pm »
Let’s not listen to our players on recommendations on who to sign next time eh?

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #3101 on: January 13, 2022, 09:55:00 pm »

That is definitely knee-jerking. Milner, Henderson and Robertson were all miles worse.

The difference, of course, is those three all have far more credit in the bank (although it feels a long time since any of them were consistently good). Minamino's Liverpool future may rest on next week's return leg, if he even starts. Time is running out for him - at least it should be - and he's not alone.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3102 on: January 13, 2022, 09:55:00 pm »

He just really is a poor player. Id rather we have tried Gordon with Jota on the left.

I hate jumping on the bandwagon, but I honestly don't see the point in him.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #3103 on: January 13, 2022, 09:55:22 pm »
There's a player in there somewhere but unfortunately it's not for a side with title ambitions. He'd be brilliant in the Championship for a promotion chasing side or a mid-table Bundesliga side like Hertha Berlin but he simply isn't what's required at this level and never will be.

Offline RedForeverTT

• Legacy Fan
  • Did I hear you say you "No"?
« Reply #3104 on: January 13, 2022, 09:56:30 pm »

I was so full of excitement when he joined. I have to concede his just isn't good enough.

Online Shankly998

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3105 on: January 13, 2022, 09:56:45 pm »
The guy is a £7m player from the Austrian league so its to be expected that he's not amazing. Really shows our lack our depth when compared to Man City or Chelsea that this is the level of our backups.

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3106 on: January 13, 2022, 09:57:56 pm »
Just not happening. I was shocked he stayed on for 90 mins.

Online MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3107 on: January 13, 2022, 09:58:21 pm »
There's a player in there somewhere but unfortunately it's not for a side with title ambitions. He'd be brilliant in the Championship for a promotion chasing side or a mid-table Bundesliga side like Hertha Berlin but he simply isn't what's required at this level and never will be.
I said the same thing a year ago but RAWK fanboys came out with typical responses. I won't say anything because they may say that I have an agenda against him :-X. There is no point being harsh on him because he cost £7m and came in as a squad player.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2022, 10:00:35 pm by MonsLibpool »

Online bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
« Reply #3108 on: January 13, 2022, 09:58:39 pm »
I didn't mean it, I was being light-hearted.

Really want him to succeed because you can see how exciting he can be, but sadly I just don't think he's up to it. He'll go and tear up the Eredivisie.
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #3109 on: January 13, 2022, 10:01:03 pm »
I said the same thing a year ago but RAWK fanboys came out with typical responses. I won't say anything because they may say that I have an agenda against him :-X.

I'm not sure when you made your assessment but you were probably slated for writing him off too early.

That time has passed though. He's been here two years and has shown absolutely nothing. Not good enough is an understatement.

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3110 on: January 13, 2022, 10:01:46 pm »
He wasn’t even good enough at Southampton when we sent him there was he?

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3111 on: January 13, 2022, 10:02:47 pm »
Did well in the games to get us here so credit to the lad for taking the chances he has had, wasn’t good enough tonight though

Offline Passmaster Molby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3112 on: January 13, 2022, 10:03:31 pm »
He just isn’t good enough for us unfortunately.

Online StL-Dono

• Kopite
  • thank you Ian Rush
« Reply #3113 on: January 13, 2022, 10:03:31 pm »
Poor miss, really poor, not sure why he hit it on the stretch instead of lining up with it and just side footing it in.

Sort of like Gordon did against STFC.  Brought it under possession, took a look, side-footed past the keeper... 

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3114 on: January 13, 2022, 10:03:35 pm »
Guess we've got to hope he gets fed up of barely playing and accepts a lesser contract elsewhere because I wouldn't want to be offering him half of whatever he's earning at Liverpool. He's so out of his depth.

Offline gemofabird

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3115 on: January 13, 2022, 10:04:24 pm »
We'll still be here talking about him in 5 years time not being good enough, as it will cost our business too much to sell him and buy a decent replacement
The media's the most powerful entity on earth. They have the power to make the innocent guilty and to make the guilty innocent, and that's power. Because they control the minds of the masses.

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3116 on: January 13, 2022, 10:06:59 pm »
Sort of like Gordon did against STFC.  Brought it under possession, took a look, side-footed past the keeper... 

Not even necessary IMO mate, he shaped up wrong and it was there to be hit first time, he just didn’t line himself up with the dropping ball. Only saw it once from the correct angle but it looked like when a keeper bends down to scoop the balk up and doesn’t get his body behind the ball so it rolls up his arm or to his side

Offline Haggis36

• purveyor of better gifs than trendisnotdestiny
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3117 on: January 13, 2022, 10:08:46 pm »
Feel for him, he's out of his depth and hasn't really shown any signs of being Liverpool quality in two years.

Low cost punt, didn't work out. We move on.

Offline rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3118 on: January 13, 2022, 10:12:14 pm »
We’ve known for a while he’s not at the level we require but he wasn’t our worst player tonight, he just happened to miss a golden chance. No way should he be playing out wide, he just doesn’t have the tools to be a threat. It was a  cheap gamble we took, it’s not worked.
“If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” - muhammad ali

Offline bornandbRED

• ... an ESL super fan. aka physioSTALKER
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3119 on: January 13, 2022, 10:15:58 pm »
We came into this season with the knowledge we’d have him playing as first choice in January. And still pretended we were putting ourselves in the best position to challenge for the title…