Author Topic: The Anfield Wrap  (Read 3307702 times)

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: The Anfield Wrap
« Reply #26440 on: December 15, 2021, 03:34:02 pm »
"Word of the day is 'philodox' (17th century): one who is in love with their own opinion, and who consequently believes that everyone else should share it."  @susie_dent on twitter - https://twitter.com/susie_dent/status/1419683653844668422

Offline Raaphael

• A fucking embarrassment. Hot 4 Andrew Tate. Works out so beware wokies
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yeah? Well fuck you too Greta Gerwig
« Reply #26441 on: December 15, 2021, 07:35:26 pm »

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26442 on: December 20, 2021, 10:44:39 am »
Days like yesterday really make you appreciate a different lens on things that’s more like your own.
"Word of the day is 'philodox' (17th century): one who is in love with their own opinion, and who consequently believes that everyone else should share it."  @susie_dent on twitter - https://twitter.com/susie_dent/status/1419683653844668422

Offline Ciara (with a capital "C")

• Not fussed on Krispy Kremes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Taylor Swift is fucking awesome. #FreeAdnan
« Reply #26443 on: December 20, 2021, 11:16:56 am »
Days like yesterday really make you appreciate a different lens on things that’s more like your own.

For those that are still absolutely fuming and cannot in any way be arsed with the ‘it’s a good point’ chat yet, is it safe to listen!?

Offline Gods_Left_Boot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #26444 on: December 20, 2021, 11:19:31 am »
Still fuming, will need at least a couple more days before I can listen to any reasoned argument about the match. It truly shows the professionalism of the lads and lasses at TAW Towers that they manage to put out content immediately after such a farce.
September 12, 2012:Truth today, justice tomorrow.

Oliver Kay ‏@OliverKayTimes
Those who've campaigned for the truth on Hillsborough were once a suppressed minority. Now the minority are those left clinging to the lies.

My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world.

Offline OzBomber

• Favourite manager Tommy Tootchel favourite Player Naby 'lid' Kyta
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26445 on: December 21, 2021, 09:53:36 am »
I really enjoy the Review show but the constant poor pronunciation from Sean is close to turning me off the show all together. Thomas "tootchel" made an appearance along with Naby "Kyta" in the most recent ep. It's so ignorant to continually mispronounce names intentionally and I know I'm not the only one that's had this gripe.

Also, kudos to TAW for integrating premium into Spotify. You have to unsubscribe from the TAW website, but you can re-subscribe to audio content through Spotify. I'm already looking forward to my Wrapped next year when it says I've listened to 300 shows in a year.

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26446 on: December 21, 2021, 10:20:49 am »
Still fuming, will need at least a couple more days before I can listen to any reasoned argument about the match. It truly shows the professionalism of the lads and lasses at TAW Towers that they manage to put out content immediately after such a farce.

It was a nice surprise how balanced a lot of the coverage was yesterday. I listen to the Guardian one and Second Captains as a rule and occasional others and the consensus was that the referee and VAR are all over the shop, and mostly that it was down to the makeshift midfield, and their coming off the back of a couple of weeks of intensive Conte-ing.

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #26447 on: December 21, 2021, 11:54:28 am »
It was a great point regarding Jota "stopping". Are we now saying if a player changes direction he's allowed to be wiped out?

Messi will be fuming

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26448 on: December 21, 2021, 12:02:31 pm »
Ken Early likened the refereeing performance’s impact on the game to “a dead rat on a bap”.

Offline Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk. Might be the Rupert Pupkin to Neil Atkinson's Jerry Langford. Wants to know who did this, but may never find out.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #26449 on: December 22, 2021, 01:37:38 pm »
Okay…shall we move on from the ref chat now? Team Talk went in heavy. Fair enough, but let’s get over it as there’s a season to get done…

Offline Grobbelrevell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry & ignorance
    • The Grobbelramble
« Reply #26450 on: December 23, 2021, 02:59:28 am »
Contender for intro of the season from Gibbo there tonight;

"All night they were singing 'feed the Scousers', well feast on that, dickheads!"

Is fucking right.

Up The Reds.
Twitter | Blog

TRADE COUNT: +19  /  SoS Member 6854

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #26451 on: December 23, 2021, 04:48:45 am »
Contender for intro of the season from Gibbo there tonight;

"All night they were singing 'feed the Scousers', well feast on that, dickheads!"

Is fucking right.

Up The Reds.

From Atkos match report
"Feed The Scousers, by the way? We feast tonight on your broken dreams you absolute frigging ghouls. Enjoy the trip back to Leicester where the streets are paved with gold."

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26452 on: December 23, 2021, 05:04:11 am »
Nice Pink - lovely stuff

Offline DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26453 on: December 23, 2021, 07:41:44 am »
Very enjoyable Pink.

Offline Big Bamber

• Having a lovely time, living the best time of his life
  • Kopite
  • The Dude Abides
« Reply #26454 on: December 23, 2021, 06:42:25 pm »
From Atkos match report
"Feed The Scousers, by the way? We feast tonight on your broken dreams you absolute frigging ghouls. Enjoy the trip back to Leicester where the streets are paved with gold."

I’d love some insight from opposition fans about why this shit-chanting is happening, and seemingly more often. Maybe TAW can ask some oppo fans on upcoming shows.

Offline the 92A

• Alberto Incontidor. Peneus. Phantom Thread Locker. Mr Bus. But there'll be another one along soon enough. Almost as bad as Jim...
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26455 on: December 23, 2021, 10:11:08 pm »
I’d love some insight from opposition fans about why this shit-chanting is happening, and seemingly more often. Maybe TAW can ask some oppo fans on upcoming shows.
nah, one of the best things about TAW is the away fans are on there to express how they feel about their own team, think genuinely doing that brings out the best in them and the likes of the Friday show are interesting, any discussion of can you tell us why you lot are pricks... fucks that up no matter how subtle and we get the usual Bantz shite, soccer am mode that passes for football discussion in the media generally
Still Dreaming of a Harry Quinn

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26456 on: December 23, 2021, 10:53:15 pm »
You don’t have to be Sherlock Holmes - the goal is getting under the skin. But the perfect response to it is holding a mirror up to it, and then using it to fire the crowd and the players into the kind of thing we saw on Wednesday night. Same for all variants of it.

Offline Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #26457 on: December 23, 2021, 11:03:01 pm »
The only time I remember TAW asking opposing fans what they think of Liverpool was pre Champions League final:
https://youtu.be/WuRQXk_D6Hs?t=950

Actually felt it was a reasonable response from Flav, though by the sounds of it he wasn't able to fully separate fact from feeling. To be fair Spurs fans have always been alright.
:D

Offline DangerScouse

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26458 on: December 23, 2021, 11:11:14 pm »
The only time I remember TAW asking opposing fans what they think of Liverpool was pre Champions League final:

Actually felt it was a reasonable response from Flav, though by the sounds of it he wasn't able to fully separate fact from feeling. To be fair Spurs fans have always been alright.

Don't ever read the fighting cock forum, almost as bad as bluemoon.

Offline Big Bamber

• Kopite
  • The Dude Abides
« Reply #26459 on: December 24, 2021, 12:17:48 am »

Yes that was insightful and shows that teasing out the issue can be done without descending into a Soccer AM/Twitter cesspit. Might be worth a stand-alone discussion with oppo fans. (I know from previous debates on here that a more amiable approach is preferred for the Team Talk and that is what it is.) Has something changed in the realm of shit-chanting in the last, say, five years and how do Liverpool fans fit into it all?

Offline Dull Tools

• Likes James Corden.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26460 on: December 24, 2021, 09:04:34 am »
Listened to the Friday show. Amazing the bitterness towards Rodgers has even infiltrated these podcasts. Actually finished the preview of City Leicester saying they want City to batter Leicester?  :butt

Offline DangerScouse

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26461 on: December 24, 2021, 09:24:43 am »
Haven't listened yet but that is utterly moronic if true. Ffs.  :lmao

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26462 on: December 24, 2021, 09:50:49 am »
Listened to the Friday show. Amazing the bitterness towards Rodgers has even infiltrated these podcasts. Actually finished the preview of City Leicester saying they want City to batter Leicester?  :butt

Ive not listened to it, but as you allude to, some Livrepool fans dont like Rodgers, theses lads are fans too. so why would you find it amazing?
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline DangerScouse

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26463 on: December 24, 2021, 11:19:39 am »
Odd that people don't like him to be honest. Was very close to winning the league with us.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #26464 on: December 24, 2021, 11:26:32 am »
Odd that people don't like him to be honest. Was very close to winning the league with us.

That's the difference though, isn't it? I could never stand Rodgers, even when he was managing us, I thought he was a bullshitting phony; but i'd have done a 180 if he saw the title through in 2014.

You look at Ged and Rafa's name on banners in the Kop (modern era) and Klopp an all time legend already. Rodgers could have had some of that, instead he's just a nobody really when it comes to Liverpool. It's a huge deal when Gerrard comes back to Anfield with Villa, nobody gives a shit with Rodgers.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Jm55

• Would legit drive you round the bend but his car legit won't start. More bounze... to the ounze.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26465 on: December 24, 2021, 11:43:23 am »
Ive not listened to it, but as you allude to, some Livrepool fans dont like Rodgers, theses lads are fans too. so why would you find it amazing?

Because City battering Leicester is to our detriment?

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26466 on: December 24, 2021, 12:46:57 pm »
Because City battering Leicester is to our detriment?

I was responding to this.  Dull Tolls acknowledges that some liverpool fan dont like BR, then expresses amazement, that some Liverpool fans dont like BR. weird

Listened to the Friday show. Amazing the bitterness towards Rodgers has even infiltrated these podcasts.

As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26467 on: December 24, 2021, 12:49:55 pm »
Listened to the Friday show. Amazing the bitterness towards Rodgers has even infiltrated these podcasts.

Ive just listened to it, and this simply isnt true,  really not sure how you have inferred anyone wants City to win

Offline Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk. Might be the Rupert Pupkin to Neil Atkinson's Jerry Langford. Wants to know who did this, but may never find out.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #26468 on: December 24, 2021, 12:53:23 pm »
The Rodger’s stuff from the fanbase is, for me, all a little bit silly and overdone.

It’s like just being a bit ‘meh’ towards him isn’t permitted. The bile he gets is totally disproportionate to what he actually merits. All very daft.

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26469 on: December 24, 2021, 12:58:42 pm »
The Rodger’s stuff from the fanbase is, for me, all a little bit silly and overdone.

It’s like just being a bit ‘meh’ towards him isn’t permitted. The bile he gets is totally disproportionate to what he actually merits. All very daft.

he constantly threw players under the bus and interviewed like a dim witted narcissist. Im quite meh about   him, but can see why others dont like him

Offline Big Bamber

• Kopite
  • The Dude Abides
« Reply #26470 on: December 24, 2021, 03:08:38 pm »
Ive just listened to it, and this simply isnt true,  really not sure how you have inferred anyone wants City to win

I certainly heard something along these lines on one show yesterday. 

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26471 on: December 24, 2021, 04:22:28 pm »
I certainly heard something along these lines on one show yesterday.

would be interesting to know specifics

Offline Big Bamber

• Kopite
  • The Dude Abides
« Reply #26472 on: December 24, 2021, 06:01:08 pm »
would be interesting to know specifics

21 mins into the Friday show.

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26473 on: December 24, 2021, 06:15:07 pm »
21 mins into the Friday show.

just give it another listen, dont know who it was, (not Neil)  but yeah bizarre comment that, which I missed from the original listen
Surprised no one challenged it

Offline Big Bamber

• Kopite
  • The Dude Abides
« Reply #26474 on: December 24, 2021, 06:21:09 pm »

just give it another listen, dont know who it was, (not Neil)  but yeah bizarre comment that, which I missed from the original listen
Surprised no one challenged it

You might owe someone an apology!

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26475 on: December 24, 2021, 06:38:03 pm »
You might owe someone an apology!

Dull Tool, I apologise for not picking up on the line in the podcast saying he hopes City have fun against Leicester, you were correct.

:-*

Online jacobs chains

• Legacy Fan
  • The fight will not be attaining dreams.
« Reply #26476 on: December 25, 2021, 06:38:01 am »
Just want to say thanks for everything you guys and girls have done over the last 12 months. Merry Christmas. :)

Offline lamonti

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #26477 on: December 26, 2021, 10:53:12 am »
is there a quiz this year?

Offline Fitzy.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #26478 on: December 26, 2021, 07:17:13 pm »
Not sure. Can I phone a friend?

Offline Big Bamber

• Kopite
  • The Dude Abides
« Reply #26479 on: December 27, 2021, 03:12:05 am »

Mind reader. Looking forward to this especially with the games off.