Author Topic: Robbie Fowler  (Read 67264 times)

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Robbie Fowler
« Reply #240 on: July 1, 2023, 07:34:19 am »
Is he going to get the same amount of shit that Gerrard got?

Yes. And more because he’s gone through with it. Absolutely shameful from him.

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #241 on: July 1, 2023, 07:41:50 am »
My missus has just said, what do their wives and daughters think about having to go live in a country where they cannot be themselves? She's watching a documentary called Frontline about Iranian women and the way they are treated, there was a girl beaten to death for wearing the wrong clothes, just seen a video of a girl filming at a protest and dropping the camera as she was shot in the head and killed and then a 16yr old girl beaten to death "she fell off a building" was the official line

You haven’t seen how KSA operates. Normal citizens are held to draconian laws and tortured for expressing who they are. BUT well paid western football people are subject to different laws. Ronaldo is able to cohabit with his partner, despite being unmarried. It’s why firmino will be allowed to be open about his Christianity while normal citizens would not.

This, for me, makes these deals all the more despicable. These players and coaches are not only choosing to take money from a human rights abusing tyrannical autocracy, they’re doing so with assurances that they’re not held to the same draconian rules. It's 'I'm alright Jack' - akin to the Newcastle LGBT supporters group being ok with Saudi owners because their barbaric laws only affect gay Saudis.
« Last Edit: July 1, 2023, 10:27:25 am by thejbs »

Offline jacobs chains

• Legacy Fan
  • The fight will not be attaining dreams.
« Reply #242 on: July 1, 2023, 09:37:37 am »
Say it ain't so, Robbie.

Offline lobsterboy

• Sworn enemy of crayfishgirl. Likes to draw spunking cocks n balls at sunday school
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #243 on: July 2, 2023, 04:06:39 pm »
This one is gutting me.
You expect it from a c*nt like Ronaldo.
Fucks sake Robbie.
From God to Nob in one decision.

Offline Zizou

• zo zon't ze zo
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Cool as
« Reply #244 on: July 2, 2023, 04:14:43 pm »
Do you think they're advised at all on this regarding the impact it'll have on their reputation? Or simply assume whatever 'backlash' they face will blow over? Mud sticks, even to a figure as iconic as Robbie. It's a sickener.

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #245 on: July 3, 2023, 07:20:08 am »
This one is gutting me.
You expect it from a c*nt like Ronaldo.
Fucks sake Robbie.
From God to Nob in one decision.

I've read this as a song mate.
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #246 on: July 3, 2023, 05:44:18 pm »
Same old Robbie, he never could resist hanging out with Mecca.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #247 on: July 3, 2023, 05:46:47 pm »
Same old Robbie, he never could resist hanging out with Mecca.

;D

It's illegal for him to visit though.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline rhysd

• Kopite
  • Igor
« Reply #248 on: July 4, 2023, 02:47:15 am »
I can't believe Saudi has a 2nd tier of football...
20 and 7

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #249 on: July 4, 2023, 03:10:23 am »
I can't believe Saudi has a 2nd tier of football...

Neither Could Robbie until they came bounding in with a cheque book.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #250 on: July 4, 2023, 06:11:19 am »
Neither Could Robbie until they came bounding in with a cheque book.

After a year he will discover there's a 3rd tier as well...
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline has gone odd

• a tru-ro...I mean....red!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #251 on: July 4, 2023, 07:55:14 am »
Now I get the green and white shirt this season, penny just dropped. What in the actual fuck is going on, it will either rain frogs or Armageddon has begun.
- all in my opinion of course -

Online redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #252 on: July 4, 2023, 11:37:16 am »
After a year he will discover there's a 3rd tier as well...

;D
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline benitezexpletives

• Anny Roader
« Reply #253 on: July 4, 2023, 03:18:37 pm »
Blimey Saudi first division really is scraping the barrell. Really disappointed in God and thinking of taking down the signed shirt I've got. Also this move just doesn't make sense even taking away the sportswashing and poor human rights aspect. I'm sure the money is decent but nowhere near what Gerrard is getting and in terms of future managerial prospects it's a hiding to nothing. Even if Robbie gets them promoted no one in Europe will be arsed and by all accounts he's already a very wealthy man but not a great football manager. I'm sure he's frustrated at the lack of opportunities at lower football league sides here but he may as well have tried his luck at National League Level than this sham. Even the big name players who fell in to big jobs such as Gerrard and Lampard got found out pretty quick and their reputations have taken a battering as a result.

Online Boston always unofficial

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #254 on: July 4, 2023, 03:26:23 pm »

Online oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #255 on: July 4, 2023, 04:44:13 pm »
Sad and fucking disgusting,c*nt move.Hurts more than Gerrard fucking off there.

https://www.amnesty.org/en/latest/news/2023/06/saudi-arabia-imminent-execution-of-youths-would-violate-kingdoms-promise-to-abolish-death-penalty-for-juveniles/

Unfortunately mate, I've a feeling we may be getting a repeat of Eddie Howe's 'I'm just here to talk about the football' bullshit from Gerrard & Fowler, if asked about anything like that.

Like this below, but without the humour...

« Last Edit: July 4, 2023, 04:47:47 pm by oojason »
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline rossipersempre

• On the lookuyt for a new winger since 2007 BC. Prodigal, Son.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #256 on: July 6, 2023, 12:40:28 pm »
Saudi bound Robbie being rolled out for the away kit for 2023/24.  :no

Never really had the admiration for Fowler I ought to have had. Never understood it myself, slightly irrational but definitely at peace with it now.

Out of interest, I did think WTF was he doing being invited to that kit launch? Because of the 94/95 inspired colours? ::)
My scouse, the often busted but seldom battered Mr Flabby Whore Alien. Who will not send in cottoned wool, bubbled rap, shiny sliver spaced blanket and sum beefy Bovril to keep it warm and safe and snag as bag in a rag? Oh Whore yours is a sweeter leftish peg

Online Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #257 on: July 6, 2023, 02:02:52 pm »
The only thing that depresses me more over Fowler, Gerrard and Firmino is the silence from FSG.

Yeah, they're entitled to make their own career choices, but Saudi get to piggy back their sportswashing off of our reputation by association for comparative peanuts.

As businessmen, you would expect our owners to at least be disgruntled over that.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Bennett

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #258 on: July 6, 2023, 02:07:27 pm »
Never really had the admiration for Fowler I ought to have had. Never understood it myself, slightly irrational but definitely at peace with it now.

Out of interest, I did think WTF was he doing being invited to that kit launch? Because of the 94/95 inspired colours? ::)

I mean, yes. That is obviously precisely why.

Online Bread

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #259 on: July 6, 2023, 03:33:29 pm »

I'm the same. I started watching football during Houllier's treble winning season, so Fowler was on the decline by that point, and Owen was very much the golden child with Heskey as his primary partner up top.

Wasn't until about a decade later that I learned of his quality throughout the 90s.

Offline liverbloke

• Prototype RAWK Genius. Founder of stickysheets.com and prefers it solo. Gotta hand it to him, eh?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • i neither know nor care
« Reply #260 on: July 6, 2023, 04:29:00 pm »
don't like the look of robbie's team's new kit

Quote from: Lee1-6Liv
Who would have thought liverblokes no draws idea would not be his worst idea of the weekend

Offline BlackandWhitePaul

• Principled Newcastle fan- who gave up following his team rather than support Saudi takeover
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #261 on: July 6, 2023, 07:10:35 pm »

This image is both hilarious and tragic at the same time.

Online Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #262 on: July 6, 2023, 09:16:14 pm »

I didn't realise they had a women's team.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?
« Reply #263 on: July 6, 2023, 09:36:22 pm »
I didn't realise they had a women's team.

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #264 on: July 7, 2023, 12:40:37 am »

Just to be fair, that's actually an Afghan women's football team photo from a news article earlier this year. They're now banned from even playing all sports now.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Online Historical Fool

• A fool in the present too. The ban on drivel from 666 has led to a remarkable increase in forum quality. Currently being spectacularly wooshed. Seemingly by, well, just about everything.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • FSG EOTM June ‘23
    • Fenway Sports Group
« Reply #265 on: July 7, 2023, 01:54:16 am »
The only thing that depresses me more over Fowler, Gerrard and Firmino is the silence from FSG.

Yeah, they're entitled to make their own career choices, but Saudi get to piggy back their sportswashing off of our reputation by association for comparative peanuts.

As businessmen, you would expect our owners to at least be disgruntled over that.

What do you expect us to say though?

None of these moves concern LFC, Red Sox, or any affiliated organisation. They are the moves of 3 unaffiliated agents to new employment.

Perhaps we could make it clear that ‘none of these three have any present contractual or professional relationship with LFC, FSG or any of its affiliated entities’ but that simultaneously says nothing while potentially isolating or aggravating the majority of the World fan base to whom these 3 remain idols.

We lose either way, for me at least there’s no need for us to take a position unless absolutely necessary (defamation / IP theft etc).
You're all too fucking serious, the lot of you. Relax, we don't really matter.

Oh, and we should have an in's and out's topic, stickied.

Offline liverbloke

• Prototype RAWK Genius. Founder of stickysheets.com and prefers it solo. Gotta hand it to him, eh?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • i neither know nor care
« Reply #266 on: July 7, 2023, 06:58:12 am »
Just to be fair, that's actually an Afghan women's football team photo from a news article earlier this year. They're now banned from even playing all sports now.

yes i know - i was using humour to make a point  :wave
Quote from: Lee1-6Liv
Who would have thought liverblokes no draws idea would not be his worst idea of the weekend

Online Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #267 on: July 7, 2023, 08:10:34 am »
What do you expect us to say though?

None of these moves concern LFC, Red Sox, or any affiliated organisation. They are the moves of 3 unaffiliated agents to new employment.

Perhaps we could make it clear that ‘none of these three have any present contractual or professional relationship with LFC, FSG or any of its affiliated entities’ but that simultaneously says nothing while potentially isolating or aggravating the majority of the World fan base to whom these 3 remain idols.

We lose either way, for me at least there’s no need for us to take a position unless absolutely necessary (defamation / IP theft etc).

I don't know. I'm not a businessman, nor a diplomat. But you would think this blatant skirting of trademark infringement would have somebody somewhere at the club extremely pissed off.

You're absolutely right - we're stuck between a rock and a hard place. The people of Liverpool would quite happily see all three ostracised from the club and never see them kick a ball again. But the global fanbase would react very badly to seeing three "generations" of Liverpool legends being barred from the club over human rights' issues.

You would think we would have somebody in a department someplace who was clever enough to plot a quiet, deft response that doesn't expose the club though.

Popcorn's Art

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #268 on: July 7, 2023, 08:31:30 am »
I don't know. I'm not a businessman, nor a diplomat. But you would think this blatant skirting of trademark infringement would have somebody somewhere at the club extremely pissed off.

You're absolutely right - we're stuck between a rock and a hard place. The people of Liverpool would quite happily see all three ostracised from the club and never see them kick a ball again. But the global fanbase would react very badly to seeing three "generations" of Liverpool legends being barred from the club over human rights' issues.

You would think we would have somebody in a department someplace who was clever enough to plot a quiet, deft response that doesn't expose the club though.

Best thing is just to let them disappear into the sands of oblivion.

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #269 on: July 7, 2023, 08:47:36 am »
Best thing is just to let them disappear into the sands of oblivion.

So no more invites to things like the Legends Charity Matches, Istanbul 20th Anniversary Event, etc ?

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #270 on: July 7, 2023, 08:48:17 am »
So no more invites to things like the Legends Charity Matches, Istanbul 20th Anniversary Event, etc ?

Hmm.. can’t see Gerrard not being invited.

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #271 on: July 7, 2023, 09:19:05 am »
Hmm.. can’t see Gerrard not being invited.

Not suggesting it's something we do, but what buffers do you put to ensure there is no leverage of our history (even though these players wrote our history)

Online Historical Fool

• A fool in the present too. The ban on drivel from 666 has led to a remarkable increase in forum quality. Currently being spectacularly wooshed. Seemingly by, well, just about everything.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • FSG EOTM June ‘23
    • Fenway Sports Group
« Reply #272 on: July 7, 2023, 09:26:11 am »
We can’t, so dignified silence is the only plausible way.

Players come and go. When they go wherever they go they’ll never walk alone. But they’re gone and a new generation (Curtiski Joneski, Elliotio) will be born.
You're all too fucking serious, the lot of you. Relax, we don't really matter.

Oh, and we should have an in's and out's topic, stickied.

Offline mikeb58

• The Poet Laureate of the Hillsborough forum and indeed, now, the rest of the site! Allez, allez, allez......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • kopite
« Reply #273 on: July 7, 2023, 10:12:02 am »
In the big real world of LFC , I don't think many fans will give a fuck. Stevie will remain a legend, he will still get a brilliant reception at Legends games and most certainly his tribute bench will remain on 97 Avenue.

Many younger fans probably aren't arsed what goes in Saudi and many older fans like myself, have chucked the game anyway for one reason another.

Plus, if has to be said some fans are so LFC obsessed at every level anything goes and will forgive everything that goes on be it concerning current or past players, obviously those of 'legend' status in particular.

Hillsborough...Our Greatest Victory (out now)

Online oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #274 on: July 7, 2023, 05:13:29 pm »
In the big real world of LFC , I don't think many fans will give a fuck. Stevie will remain a legend, he will still get a brilliant reception at Legends games and most certainly his tribute bench will remain on 97 Avenue.

Many younger fans probably aren't arsed what goes in Saudi and many older fans like myself, have chucked the game anyway for one reason another.

Plus, if has to be said some fans are so LFC obsessed at every level anything goes and will forgive everything that goes on be it concerning current or past players, obviously those of 'legend' status in particular.

Yet many fans, as demonstrated in these threads and elsewhere online, remain disappointed by the decisions of such iconic and well-loved players to take the blood soaked money of the sportswashing, human-rights abusing, journalist dismembering, torturers and child executioners.

That's a big real world too.

In essence, as the song goes... 'trade all your heroes, in for ghosts'.
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline Only Me

• Insufferable twat. Brexiteer supreme.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #275 on: July 14, 2023, 04:41:13 pm »
Hope he breaks his neck on the way to the bank.

Shameless, mercenary, greedy twat.

Offline only6times

• a night. Founder of the Breck Road Brasses mediation service. Owner of an out of control Fat Finger.
  • Legacy Fan
bitter,not me.a granddad,but I'm not even 40

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #277 on: July 16, 2023, 02:58:55 pm »
'I've already got a job in Saudi - I don't understand the Henderson outrage'
Warning: my phone nearly went out the window as I read it.  Fowler seems to think it's fine as there was a World Cup in Qatar and Saudi Arabia bought elite golf.

Also, the Saudi Arabia league is more "organic" than the Chinese Super League was.

Offline norecat

• Kopite
« Reply #278 on: July 16, 2023, 11:48:22 pm »
I lost respect for Fowler over the coke gesture and bum gesture. Always thought he lacked class. Sadly money normally trumps morals so his move to Saudi Arabia is no surprise. As much as we all believe ourselves to have morals if presented by a huge wedge of cash for a job it's only natural to be tempted.

Offline stewy17

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #279 on: July 17, 2023, 09:23:56 am »
Warning: my phone nearly went out the window as I read it.  Fowler seems to think it's fine as there was a World Cup in Qatar and Saudi Arabia bought elite golf.

Also, the Saudi Arabia league is more "organic" than the Chinese Super League was.

One of the most arrogant, stupid, ignorant things I’ve ever read that. Quite similar to his biography where he just blamed everyone else for the issues in his career other than himself. I can’t quite understand the motivation for writing it other than to basically say fuck you to anyone who disagrees with him. Boss level whataboutery and ignorance of the real issues.

Genius of a footballer, clown of a man. What a shame.