Author Topic: Spurs: fucking useless  (Read 2607300 times)

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Spurs
« Reply #10320 on: March 7, 2018, 10:33:24 am »
I agree but who would you drop? Alli seems the obvious choice but just can’t see that happening. Would probably be Son if Pochettino does play 3 in midfield, which will be a big loss I think.

Who would you sit to be able to field that though? One of Eriksen, Son or Dele would have to sit out. Leaves a lot of pressure on the remaining three to carry our attack, then a 3 man midfield is not a guarantee we don't concede then if we do we are faced with chasing the tie with less attackers than usual or having to bring on another one and sacrificing some stability.

I get the idea and would absolutely take a 0-0, but I don't like setting up to not lose. Not just because of some club ethos deal but because if you do and you end up concede it is really difficult to turn the game around, change your mentality completely and get on the front foot.

I'd leave Alli on the bench to start. I just think you're asking an awful lot from Wanyama and Dembele to get the better of Pjanic, Matuidi and Khedira (he can't possibly be as shit again surely). I fully understand your point of view though. 

Offline Tommy_W

• Jol-ly. Constipated.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10321 on: March 7, 2018, 10:44:25 am »
I can't see Pochettino changing anything dramatically tonight. For better or worse, he isn't really a manager that worries too much about what the opposition are likely to do! We'll just play our normal game (no, not running into the box and falling over...) The only decision will be Lamela or Son. And I think he'll probably go with Son as we're at home.

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10322 on: March 7, 2018, 10:52:45 am »
Spurs will win with ease tonight.

Juve will score with Dybala back. They missed him a lot 2 weeks ago.

Expect 3-1 spurs.

How different it could have been if Juve scored that penalty.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10323 on: March 7, 2018, 10:59:35 am »
I can't see Pochettino changing anything dramatically tonight. For better or worse, he isn't really a manager that worries too much about what the opposition are likely to do! We'll just play our normal game (no, not running into the box and falling over...) The only decision will be Lamela or Son. And I think he'll probably go with Son as we're at home.

;D

I reckon you'll go through, with ease to be honest.
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #10324 on: March 7, 2018, 11:11:17 am »
Spurs will win with ease tonight.

Juve will score with Dybala back. They missed him a lot 2 weeks ago.

Expect 3-1 spurs.

How different it could have been if Juve scored that penalty.

They should do really, depends how able this Juve side is to put in a classic European away performance. Don't think they have it in them myself, especially with Higuain so unclinical.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10325 on: March 7, 2018, 11:19:57 am »
They should do really, depends how able this Juve side is to put in a classic European away performance. Don't think they have it in them myself, especially with Higuain so unclinical.

Yeah I don't think Juve are quite as good as there were a couple of years ago.

Online RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10326 on: March 7, 2018, 11:51:10 am »
Forza Juve!!!
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #10327 on: March 7, 2018, 12:07:26 pm »
Yeah I don't think Juve are quite as good as there were a couple of years ago.

They've got a very slow defence and Buffon certainly isn't what he once was.

Think they'll be utterly reliant on a bit of magic from Dybala and Costa (who looked fucking rapid in that first leg) and think they'll be put under a bit too much pressure.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline clinical

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10328 on: March 7, 2018, 12:09:28 pm »
They've got a very slow defence and Buffon certainly isn't what he once was.

Think they'll be utterly reliant on a bit of magic from Dybala and Costa (who looked fucking rapid in that first leg) and think they'll be put under a bit too much pressure.

Dybala was a huge miss for them. He's easily their best player.

Offline Thats So Dimitar

• Kopite
« Reply #10329 on: March 7, 2018, 12:21:54 pm »
While his reputation of being a bottler is well deserved, I think it is also a bit unfair to put so much blame on the shoulders of Higuain for that first leg. Yeah, he missed a penalty which could have all but put the tie to bed, but that was after opening the scoring with probably his first shot and scoring another penalty. If you are scoring twice at home you should be winning and that's not his fault they didn't.
We beat Real Madrid

Offline Elf Pistolero_7

• Relegated.
  • Kopite
  • You'll Never Walk Alone
    • Spirit Of Shankly
« Reply #10330 on: March 7, 2018, 12:47:07 pm »
Ciao la Vecchia Signora. Please make a lot of people in this thread happy later on. Thanks. Bye. Forza Juve!
"Some people believe football is a matter of life and death. I'm very disappointed with that attitude. I can assure you it is much, much more important than that"

Bill Shankly. He made the people happy.

Offline redk84

• (and nothing else!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • why must we always do things the hard way?
« Reply #10331 on: March 7, 2018, 01:27:55 pm »
Obviously want Juve to pop the Spurs bubble...

Here's how I think it'll go.

Juve WILL take the lead in the first half....Spurs will huff and puff but not breakthrough

2nd half they'll get an early breakthrough...the match will go into a weird limbo for a while and then Spurs will take the lead. Juve will then not be able to score. 2-1 Spurs.
All Those Who Have A Red Heart Can Rejoice.
For They Have Seen GOD.

Offline Thelittlesthobo

• "Maybe tomorrow, I’ll find what I call home. Until tomorrow, you know I’m free to roam."
  • Main Stander
« Reply #10332 on: March 7, 2018, 01:28:15 pm »
If I was Pochettino I'd go with a 3 man midfield of Wanyama, Dier and Dembele for this one. Matuidi is back, so it won't be easy to dominate their midfield using just Wanyama and Dembele in my opinion.

Not arrogance but I cant see why dembele + Wanyama or dier should worry about anyone elses midfield matchup.  Ali is more than capable of putting a shift in as well so I cannot see why we would put dier and wanyama in other than to defend an away goal lead wich would be suicide.

Of all the positions on the pitch our CM of Dembele and Wanyama/Dier is capable of not getting overrun.  Liverpool, Man Utd, Arsenal and even Man City will agree to that

Offline Thelittlesthobo

• "Maybe tomorrow, I’ll find what I call home. Until tomorrow, you know I’m free to roam."
  • Main Stander
« Reply #10333 on: March 7, 2018, 01:33:10 pm »
I'd leave Alli on the bench to start. I just think you're asking an awful lot from Wanyama and Dembele to get the better of Pjanic, Matuidi and Khedira (he can't possibly be as shit again surely). I fully understand your point of view though.

Given a more rounded midfield job rather than as some suggest a glorified strikers role, Ali is more than capable of doing the graft needed.  In fact he has put some really good performances in when given that role.

Dembele/Wanyama/Ali   Vs     Pjanic/ Matuidi/Khedira

In no way a forgone conclusion but I would expect spurs to have enough confidence in our game not to alter to that.  to be honest if that is the case then I would expect Lamela to start rather than son.  He doesn't give the speed of attack or goals that son gives but he defends from the front he is our best presser in the squad and although a bit reckless, for the first 60mins he would give us the energy and graft to add to the above midfield if needed.

Offline Thelittlesthobo

• Main Stander
« Reply #10334 on: March 7, 2018, 01:34:39 pm »

Exactly my thoughts

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #10335 on: March 7, 2018, 01:49:11 pm »
I'm glad we finally get to find out who won the game three weeks ago.

I suspect it will be Spurs.
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Offline Something Worse

• Master of prehistoric and fantasy creature-based onomatopoeia
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10336 on: March 7, 2018, 03:17:11 pm »
4-0 Spurs
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Online CowboyKangaroo

• aka WayneSkippy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10337 on: March 7, 2018, 08:08:40 pm »
Still cant let it go.  All of your examples are repeated hundreds of times on this forum and others in return or similar ways on the arsenal thread, the manu thread etc etc etc.  Simply, a supporter of a team gets similar shit (Understandable) and sometimes points out that they cant see why x player is being referred to as crap.  If I pointed out that Henderson is, IMO crap I would expect similar responses from you.  That wouldn't make me any more of a dick than you are being to 'whatever you have him listed as today'.  If you don't like his enthusiasm for spurs I struggle to see why you post in here.  Its just gone off the subject of spurs again and back onto 'whatever you have him listed as today'.

Its one of our biggest games today.  Its what I watch football for, win lose or draw

I'll let it go when he stops acting unpleasantly.
You clearly aren't getting it so I'll make it simple. Say a guy on Redcafe calls Henderson crap, if I were to post on Redcafe, I would not call him deluded, or say he is embarrassing himself, I wouldn't big Henderson with ridiculous polemics, I would politely disagree. If a Spurs fan on RAWK calls Henderson crap, he would get less polite responses. Liverpool fan on RAWK calls Henderson crap, he would likely get negative responses, but still hopefully within a polite framework, as long as he expressed his opinion respectfully. 

You are a guest on a Liverpool forum, of course you can't behave in the same way Liverpool fans can. Its just common sense.
« Last Edit: March 7, 2018, 08:21:32 pm by CowboyKangaroo »
shut up clown. Naby Keita can buy your life and throw it away.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10338 on: March 7, 2018, 09:37:09 pm »
Tottenham that :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

Offline hulksagoodboy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10339 on: March 7, 2018, 09:37:15 pm »
Lel

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10340 on: March 7, 2018, 09:37:49 pm »
Tottenham that :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

At least they won the first leg.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10341 on: March 7, 2018, 09:38:02 pm »
BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Don't let the door hit you on the way out you fucking meffs
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
« Reply #10342 on: March 7, 2018, 09:38:24 pm »
AhahahahahbaHbaabahabahhababahhahahahahahahahahahahaha

Offline The North Bank

• Can even make the sun shine in Manchester - once in a blue moon...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10343 on: March 7, 2018, 09:38:33 pm »
Spurs qualify on away goals, after winning in Turin 2-2.

This hurts a lot, but congrats, well deserved, I could see them going all the way.

Offline mersey_paradiso

• Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool's where I belong
« Reply #10344 on: March 7, 2018, 09:38:47 pm »
Spurs have Spursed it again !!  :wave

:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao 
RIP Alex Jarmay .                                           Justice  for the 97 YNWA

Mr Alex Ferguson on Anfield after St Etienne 77 : "I didn't walk away from the ground after the game, I floated out. I had been caught up in the most exciting football atmosphere I have ever experienced...these Liverpool fans support with PASSION"

Offline vagabond

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10345 on: March 7, 2018, 09:39:03 pm »
But they beat Real Madrid?
Sometimes a man stands up during supper
and walks outdoors, and keeps on walking,
because of a church that stands somewhere in the East.
---Rilke

Offline planet-terror

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10346 on: March 7, 2018, 09:39:05 pm »
But but bit bkah blah blah but blah but blah but but dive but blah blah best madrid bleurgh blah blah blaaaaahhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaa
bollocks

Offline mersey_paradiso

• Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool's where I belong
« Reply #10347 on: March 7, 2018, 09:39:15 pm »
RIP Alex Jarmay .                                           Justice  for the 97 YNWA

Mr Alex Ferguson on Anfield after St Etienne 77 : "I didn't walk away from the ground after the game, I floated out. I had been caught up in the most exciting football atmosphere I have ever experienced...these Liverpool fans support with PASSION"

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #10348 on: March 7, 2018, 09:39:19 pm »
:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10349 on: March 7, 2018, 09:39:22 pm »
We'll show you lads how a true European giant does it.  :wave

Offline Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10350 on: March 7, 2018, 09:39:49 pm »
Cheats never prosper  :wave
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #10351 on: March 7, 2018, 09:39:50 pm »
Karma is a bitch eh :lmao

Online Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10352 on: March 7, 2018, 09:39:53 pm »
They beat Real Madrid.

Online redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #10353 on: March 7, 2018, 09:40:03 pm »
So did Spurs still win the first leg, I'm confused. Where's our resident Spurs fan to help us out.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Father Ted

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10354 on: March 7, 2018, 09:40:05 pm »
Should've dived more.

Offline Medellin

• Self-confessed daft meff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #10355 on: March 7, 2018, 09:40:06 pm »
Fuck you Spurs!  :lmao :lmao
Support the team,Trust & Believe.

Offline Johnnyboy1973

• ★★★ Never, ever, bloody anything ever! ★★★
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Up the piss boiling, asthmatic Reds!!!
« Reply #10356 on: March 7, 2018, 09:40:07 pm »
Well, that was quite funny.

Got out managed tonight.

By the time they reacted, they were behind.

Kane got Chiellined and when needing a goal, Ali hits the bench.
Where's this Yakimoto fella?

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10357 on: March 7, 2018, 09:40:47 pm »
I still think Juventus will get through. Dybala is back and scored a great goal yesterday, he's capable of turning the tie round on his own. Matuidi being back in midfield will ensure they aren't dominated like before as well. Got quite a bit of confidence in them.

I knew they wouldn't let me down.

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #10358 on: March 7, 2018, 09:40:47 pm »
Is winning 2-1 better than winning 2-2? Someone let me know I'm confused.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #10359 on: March 7, 2018, 09:40:49 pm »
I’m settling in for the long haul for Primativ to arrive.

How the hell do you get images and gifs to post these days? Bloody google!