Author Topic: Members Sales - Ballot results today (9/07/24) - check your emails!  (Read 2205919 times)

Offline MKB

• Martin
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Members Sales - Ballot results today (9/07/24) - check your emails!
« Reply #40760 on: July 20, 2024, 02:19:09 pm »
You're reading too much into things I was told and asked not to say. If for example there are software improvements in progress, it's all about expectation setting.  I imagine the TO have learnt from experience to be sure they can deliver something before making promises, and announcements (and any required consultations with fan groups) need to go through proper channels.

I do agree though that it's a pity there isn't greater disclosure and openness similar to the examples cited at other clubs.  I wonder if the higher powers at the Club (above Ticketing) have defaulted to a highly defensive and protective position because that's American business culture, or maybe the Club don't trust the fan groups?  If the latter were the case, I would have some sympathy with them, as I don't think the interests of members always align with the vested interests of some influential actors.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2024, 02:41:32 pm by MKB »

Offline 30fiver

• Legacy Fan
  • Now it's time for Jurgens men
« Reply #40761 on: July 20, 2024, 02:40:05 pm »
Amazing that the people who are in charge of ticketing are being criticised for the shitshow? The temerity, eh!!

Because people assume ticketing are responsible for the comms they get about ticketing etc, when they aren't.. Or that they have full control and decision making over strategy, platform etc.. When they don't

That's the point I'm trying to make here

Offline 30fiver

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #40762 on: July 20, 2024, 02:48:53 pm »
I wonder if those that tie his hands are pleased with him being quoted on here. I would assume not.

Regarding personal attacks I am not aware of these.

However any criticism of the ticket office will and should be directed at him. He is the head of ticketing. The buck stops there. If he is unable to voice opinions, or more importantly unable to provide relevant up to date communications even with a hint of transparency then the club should have recognised that and change. The personal attacks and criticism are a product of not just a woeful ticketing system but the ineptitude surrounding communications.  The statements and communications are generic rubbish always late (eg: ACS emails after payment taken etc), poorly worded and often contain spelling mistakes. Lack of tranperancy around away tickets particularly in Europe is a disorganised mess.
"Don't book travel or hotel before buying a ticket" comes to mind - yet you're asked for these details prior to purchase. I'm digressing now into the ridiculousness of it all.

Using this platform to voice what seems to be a muddled response (perhaps due to the authors narration) to the shortcomings this week is in my humble opinion (and I imagine others) horrendously.    unprofessional (hands tied or not)

And when they don't or won't?

MKB has been reached out to as one of the more reasonable posters on here who'd look at things more rationally without a pitchfork and burning torch, and as someone who if they posted it you'd know it was accurate information

This is better than nothing, which again if ticketing wanted to put something out, others in the club wouldn't let them.. So whilst it should come from the club direct it never will. And that's not fault of ticketing or those running it. Those conversations are important and does allow a two way input for the club to get opinions from people active on forums and perhaps seen as more rational people than those who assume everything is in the hands of the ticket office and as if they have full control over their off the shelf IT products.

Offline 30fiver

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #40763 on: July 20, 2024, 02:53:47 pm »
Ridiculous that’s he’s voicing his opinions via this platform through a conversation with another person. Does seem extremely unprofessional but he must be desperate to get his point of view and the facts across

I thought the same, he says he can't put out anything official so surely he'd be in trouble for speaking indirectly via a fan forum? Hopefully he knows what he's doing and doesn't get into trouble as some of it was useful info!

It's frustration of not being able to officially and getting personally name dropped everywhere as a result of it, being called incompetent etc because of things seen to be out of their control, I think seatgeek is an awful system with a lot of issues, could they have chosen another provider? yes.. Would they have issues too? Probably.. But malicious attacks on a site aren't in the control of the club directly. Changing the drop down list function isn't something the club can do themselves they have to get seatgeek to do it (probably at a significant cost).

People assume it's all in their hands, and whilst people in there want to make change, people elsewhere in the business won't be bothered as like everyone said on here, they'll sell out anyway
« Last Edit: July 20, 2024, 03:03:26 pm by 30fiver »

Offline 30fiver

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #40764 on: July 20, 2024, 02:54:47 pm »
Truly stunning that the person who is the head of ticketing gets criticised for providing a truly horrendous service that is incapable of satisfying it's customers.

I'm wondering who should be criticised if not him? Slot, Michael Edwards, John Henry?

As I've said earlier in this thread, if this was any other commercial business or industry then Liverpool would have no customers at all given the abominable service that they provide in all levels of ticketing

But also as I've said they know they have a captive customer base who have 2 choices accept this shocking service or walk away (which I think more and more are contemplating) from something they've done for years

"The Club" as a collective

Offline 30fiver

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #40765 on: July 20, 2024, 03:01:28 pm »
I think we’ve moved forward from that a little here now though, haven’t we? I think more of the issue now is, well for me anyway, is the communication or lack of it from the club and the fact that Phil Dutton can have a conversation with a random fan on the phone, divulge certain details to them, yet only ask for certain factors of the conversation to be shared publicly. All this when he’s apparently not allowed to communicate directly with us on here.

No offence intended to you at all by the way.

Don't think he'd not be allowed to, just would be very draining to engage with the constant negative aspect of it

Like MKB said it's all about setting expectations and not wanting to say something will happen if it then doesn't, I was in a similar boat last year when doing my research project on ticketing for University and was told about upcoming things, some came true some didn't happen, wouldn't look good if that was public and then they didn't happen

I think the overall reason for all of this is people think he doesn't care or isn't trying to fix things, when that's not the case it's the complete opposite

Some information is better than non, no matter how official the channel is so if anyone at the clubs reading this I hope it doesn't stop 👍🏻

Offline Rodneyhide

• Main Stander
« Reply #40766 on: July 20, 2024, 03:16:06 pm »
And when they don't or won't?

MKB has been reached out to as one of the more reasonable posters on here who'd look at things more rationally without a pitchfork and burning torch, and as someone who if they posted it you'd know it was accurate information

This is better than nothing, which again if ticketing wanted to put something out, others in the club wouldn't let them.. So whilst it should come from the club direct it never will. And that's not fault of ticketing or those running it. Those conversations are important and does allow a two way input for the club to get opinions from people active on forums and perhaps seen as more rational people than those who assume everything is in the hands of the ticket office and as if they have full control over their off the shelf IT products.

Better than nothing.
I'm sure those "customers" who don't view these threads wouldn't be impressed that this is being used as a line of communication

Offline MKB

• Martin
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #40767 on: July 20, 2024, 04:24:49 pm »
Better than nothing.
I'm sure those "customers" who don't view these threads wouldn't be impressed that this is being used as a line of communication
If the aim is to quickly quell doubts that bots were to blame, where better than here?

Offline Rodneyhide

• Main Stander
« Reply #40768 on: July 20, 2024, 04:27:16 pm »
If the aim is to quickly quell doubts that bots were to blame, where better than here?

Social media giant Red and White Kop

Offline 30fiver

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #40769 on: July 20, 2024, 05:04:28 pm »
Better than nothing.

Those same customers who don't read anything on the club website, check their emails or even sometimes texts and then miss the sales and registrations and come on here to have a whinge they missed it? 😂

Online bignred84

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Upper Centenary
« Reply #40770 on: July 20, 2024, 08:40:42 pm »
Let’s face it, if he’s not allowed to communicate with fans on this forum directly, you’ve got to question why he’s making a phone call to a random fan who is given the nod to post certain factors of his conversation on here, but not others.

Why are aspects of his conversation with MKB okay for him to share on here with us, yet certain other aspects of the conversation he isn’t? Why is this and why should one fan be privy to certain information but not others?

What’s the outcome of the meeting the club held with SOS and the Supporters Union too? I’ve read online that the club reiterated their apologies and commitment to resolve the issues, but they told us that in an email they sent out. So what else was discussed and what were the outcomes? If an apology and a commitment to get the issue sorted is all that come out of the meeting, then what’s the point of it?

No one who works for any company/business would be allowed to comment about anything to anyone directly. I had to to do the yearly data protection course in work recently.
this was one of the questions, with the correct answer being let Comms/Media department deal with any responses.

Although It wasn't that long ago we had a CEO who was very vocal (on twitter) and would contact supporters directly. he even had a Blog/Vlog (whatever its called) once on the members tickets sale day.

funny how he never lasted that long.

as for all the moans on here about LFC & Comm's, honestly come on think about.

LFC and comm's going back how long ?? has always been shi@e
weather it was last week or 10-15+ years ago, nothing has changed.

what has changed is social media (and these idiots on Youtube) and the speculation it creates.

Offline NeoAdjuvant

• Kopite
« Reply #40771 on: Yesterday at 10:38:21 am »
If the head of ticketing isn't able to communicate whatever he wants to the very customers his job is designed to support then the club is being poorly run at a deeper level.
But like the jet engine, there's sadly very little this country does better than having the raw materials to do something truly amazing that would benefit the whole of society only to piss it away due to a total lack of long term thinking and/or suspicion of anything European.

Offline ABJ

• Legacy Fan
  • Internet terrorist
« Reply #40772 on: Yesterday at 01:34:07 pm »
I miss those phone lines.....
Those were the days, the PTS scheme in particular! 1st game of the season, Chelsea iirc, must have been 15-20 years ago, the payment systems had completely crashed but it wasn’t common knowledge…so I spent just shy of 5 hours constantly hitting redial…on 2 occasions I hit redial by mistake just as it connected!!! Got what I wanted in the end though.
Quote from: Harvest Fields
i watched the chelsea game at my sisters. her 12 year old son is severly autistic and i forgot myself and jumped up screaming at the goal and he went nuts. screaming and shouting. scared the fuck out of me. apologised to my sister as i thought id upset him, turns out he was joining in.

Offline ABJ

• Legacy Fan
  • Internet terrorist
« Reply #40773 on: Yesterday at 01:35:28 pm »
“Thank you for calling Liverpool Football Club, you are being charged for this call…”

Happy days
That was it, word for word! It will forever be engrained in my brain to be honest!
Quote from: Harvest Fields
i watched the chelsea game at my sisters. her 12 year old son is severly autistic and i forgot myself and jumped up screaming at the goal and he went nuts. screaming and shouting. scared the fuck out of me. apologised to my sister as i thought id upset him, turns out he was joining in.

Offline 30fiver

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #40774 on: Yesterday at 05:13:34 pm »
If the head of ticketing isn't able to communicate whatever he wants to the very customers his job is designed to support then the club is being poorly run at a deeper level.

Spot on, it's much deeper rooted

Offline MightyRed42

• Main Stander
« Reply #40775 on: Yesterday at 08:03:47 pm »
That was it, word for word! It will forever be engrained in my brain to be honest!

Spent a lot of time on that phone line. God knows what my bills were like on that 0845 number.

Offline MightyRed42

• Main Stander
« Reply #40776 on: Yesterday at 08:44:38 pm »
Spent a lot of time on that phone line. God knows what my bills were like on that 0845 number.

Me and me dad went to all the games that cost us the league in 2008/09..

We had 1 win: vs Wigan (3-2)
Fulham 0-0
West Ham 0-0
Everton 1-1
Arsenal 4-4

That Arsenal game tho, the most one sided 4 all draw I’ve ever seen. Fabianski had a blinder.
No need for memberships either - just general admission tickets and fancards.

Online DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #40777 on: Yesterday at 11:18:30 pm »
Me and me dad went to all the games that cost us the league in 2008/09..

We had 1 win: vs Wigan (3-2)
Fulham 0-0
West Ham 0-0
Everton 1-1
Arsenal 4-4

That Arsenal game tho, the most one sided 4 all draw I’ve ever seen. Fabianski had a blinder.
No need for memberships either - just general admission tickets and fancards.

*barred

Offline MightyRed42

• Main Stander

Offline NickoH

• Has to fart in private to avoid offending the posh guys and gals in the Marketing Dept
  • Legacy Fan
  • Speak softly love so no one hears us but the sky
Surely we must hear something about the +13 members sale soon
I clutch the wire fence until my fingers bleed,
A wound that will not heal, a heart that cannot feel.
Hoping that the horror will recede,
Hoping that tomorrow we'll all be freed.........JUSTICE.

Offline DanK1456

• Main Stander
Surely we must hear something about the +13 members sale soon

Remember reading there will be emails sent about sales dates early this week