Author Topic: Where to watch the champs league final  (Read 241437 times)

Offline Medellin

• Self-confessed daft meff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sound
Re: Where to watch the champs league final
« Reply #360 on: May 12, 2018, 06:46:08 pm »
Dunno if it's been mentioned in here but i believe it is being screened in the Mountford hall in Liverpool Uni..would be a boss night there.

Edit..

https://m.facebook.com/events/223597341734413?acontext=%7B"ref"%3A"98"%2C"action_history"%3A"null"%7D&aref=98&__tn__=H
« Last Edit: May 12, 2018, 06:51:27 pm by Medellin »
Support the team,Trust & Believe.

Online ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #361 on: May 13, 2018, 09:39:21 am »
Is it advisable for people without tickets to go to Kiev anyway? I know the club said not to go to Rome because of the potential trouble, has anything similar been announced for Kiev as well?

Thinking of heading there just for the hell of it. How welcoming is Eastern Europe in general to brown people? (I'm Indian) Been told by a couple of people not to risk it but would like an opinion from somebody who's actually from that part of the world. Cheers.
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline Mr.Savage

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #362 on: May 13, 2018, 09:49:34 am »
Has anyone ever watched a game in Pogue Mahone's who can tell me what its like for a match?  Ta

Offline Big Red Richie

• Thread killer extraordinaire. For future reference the order is T, U, V, W, X, Y, Z
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #363 on: May 13, 2018, 10:09:05 am »
To be fair. Every pub in Liverpool is going to be bursting, and bouncing.  It's just a matter of if you can find a nice little comfortable corner or not, with a decent view of a decent screen.

Offline NorthamptonKopite

• Non-
  • Legacy Fan
  • You'll Never Walk Alone
« Reply #364 on: May 13, 2018, 11:04:07 am »
Do people think they will release more tickets for the Anfield screening? Wanted to go but they were gone before I realised they even went on sale.

Offline KiNki

• Smicer devotee supreme, Sammy Lee impersonator extraordinaire.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • i am an_nik_ki.
    • http://hfdinfo.com/digital
« Reply #365 on: May 13, 2018, 11:17:50 am »
Do people think they will release more tickets for the Anfield screening? Wanted to go but they were gone before I realised they even went on sale.

There is a rumour today that they’ll open the anny road end up. If they do that expect tickets to be on sale  during today’s game when half of us are at the match oblivious.

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #366 on: May 13, 2018, 11:18:20 am »

Not convinced as selling other stands puts screens on the pitch

Maybe ask the mods for an exchange thread for it as suspect there’ll be loads of spares

Offline Alonso_The_Assassin

• Legacy Fan
    • Just Words
« Reply #367 on: May 13, 2018, 11:33:52 am »

Maybe ask the mods for an exchange thread for it as suspect there’ll be loads of spares

The pitch is getting ripped up and replaced so not sure they'll be that concerned.

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #368 on: May 13, 2018, 11:36:08 am »
The pitch is getting ripped up and replaced so not sure they'll be that concerned.

Is it?! Again?

Edit - hosting Brazil soon so they won’t knacker it regardless
« Last Edit: May 13, 2018, 11:39:47 am by dudleyred »

Offline Roady

• Streety's long lost brother. AKA the Shit Buhunt.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #369 on: May 13, 2018, 11:46:17 am »
Pitch is being relayed again??? Bloody hell
Giant sponges. That is the answer for flooding.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #370 on: May 13, 2018, 12:05:54 pm »

Why would it need to be replaced so soon?

Offline Alonso_The_Assassin

• Legacy Fan
    • Just Words
« Reply #371 on: May 13, 2018, 12:07:44 pm »
Why would it need to be replaced so soon?

Not sure, mate. Took my dad on the Anfield tour a couple of weeks ago and they confirmed that it was being replaced.

Offline PHIL.

• Anny Roader
  • Unbearable
« Reply #372 on: May 14, 2018, 12:53:23 am »
Was hoping to watch it at Anfield but didn't see it was on sale until it had sold out.

Hopefully they open up more areas.

Anyone going to BOSS Night at District?

Offline thekitkatshuffler

• Dreams of John Barrowman's lips, bearded ladies and the origins of mirth. Which he thinks is an abbreviation of "Middle Earth".
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #373 on: May 14, 2018, 01:12:55 am »
Not sure, mate. Took my dad on the Anfield tour a couple of weeks ago and they confirmed that it was being replaced.
They were wrong or you misheard.  Have you seen the thing?!  It's a carpet.  No way it's being relaid after they just spent a fortune gutting it and replacing it last summer.
David Platt has a face like a Michael Myers mask being stretched over a dinosaur egg.
Aquilani is better than Pele, Maradona, Cruyff, Messi and Beckenbauer put together.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #374 on: May 14, 2018, 06:42:32 am »
Sure they reseed it each summer but no way is it being ripped up.

The TVs won't damage it much anyway. Wouldn't worry about that.

Offline Roy Cropper

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #375 on: May 14, 2018, 12:09:26 pm »
I'm in Portsmouth with work and can not get back to Liverpool until the Sunday. Anyone know anywhere decent I can watch it?

Offline wige

• wiggy-woo!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #376 on: May 14, 2018, 12:12:26 pm »

Good idea this, as I have two due to not finding any affordable accomodation.

2 on the Kop. Block 105. PM me if interested.

Offline TheBestSideDrew

• Main Stander
« Reply #377 on: May 14, 2018, 01:37:01 pm »
Was hoping to watch it at Anfield but didn't see it was on sale until it had sold out.

Hopefully they open up more areas.

Anyone going to BOSS Night at District?

Be interested to know the same - worth a look?

• Dreams of John Barrowman's lips, bearded ladies and the origins of mirth. Which he thinks is an abbreviation of "Middle Earth".
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #378 on: May 14, 2018, 02:54:04 pm »
The Sandon is an option for those still deciding where to watch the final.  Free entry from 1pm - no tickets required.

https://www.facebook.com/TheSandonAnfield/
David Platt has a face like a Michael Myers mask being stretched over a dinosaur egg.
Aquilani is better than Pele, Maradona, Cruyff, Messi and Beckenbauer put together.

Offline MerseysideBrum

• Legacy Fan
  • Show them the way to go ome
« Reply #379 on: May 14, 2018, 04:48:23 pm »
Anyone know where will be best to watch in town which has a big screen and will still have places available at about 1pm?

Would go to the Baltic Market/Mccooleys but they sound like they'll all be full by about midday and I can't get into town until about 1. Would also be all over Boss night but don't think my partner and our respective parents will be up for that level of liveliness.
The reds are coming up the hill boys.

Offline Roady

• Streety's long lost brother. AKA the Shit Buhunt.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #380 on: May 14, 2018, 04:56:59 pm »
Anyone know where will be best to watch in town which has a big screen and will still have places available at about 1pm?

Would go to the Baltic Market/Mccooleys but they sound like they'll all be full by about midday and I can't get into town until about 1. Would also be all over Boss night but don't think my partner and our respective parents will be up for that level of liveliness.

Id say you’d be fine at the Baltic market at one mate , what is it’s capacity?
Giant sponges. That is the answer for flooding.

Offline Mr.Savage

• Anny Roader
« Reply #381 on: May 14, 2018, 05:36:19 pm »
Anyone got any spares for bierkeller  :wave

Still not sure where's best to go not watching the games in Liverpool often. Wouldn't mind a decent atmosphere  ;D

Offline eAyeAddio

• Legacy Fan
  • The last Kremlin-esque figure in The Main Stand...
« Reply #382 on: May 14, 2018, 05:40:22 pm »
The pitch is getting ripped up and replaced ......

Fake news...... It isn't.

They laugh at me because I'm different.
I laugh at them because they are all the same.....

Offline eAyeAddio

• Legacy Fan
  • The last Kremlin-esque figure in The Main Stand...
« Reply #383 on: May 14, 2018, 05:47:29 pm »
Is it advisable for people without tickets to go to Kiev anyway? ...... Thinking of heading there just for the hell of it.......

You do realize that the Ukraine is a war zone don't you?
They laugh at me because I'm different.
I laugh at them because they are all the same.....

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #384 on: May 14, 2018, 07:06:08 pm »
Gonna wait for my fella to get home from work at around 2pm then walk down to Concert Square for a bit, possibly. I despise the place normally but it should be a laugh if nothing else. Watching the actual match in La’go because it’s where we’ve gone for the whole campaign and it’s not ticketed. Will have to get there nice and early though because there’s only one big screen and a few big-ish tellies. As for afterwards... if we win, all bets are off.

Wherever you go will be buzzing and you’ll be waiting an hour to get served so ;D

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #385 on: May 14, 2018, 07:40:47 pm »
I'm in Portsmouth with work and can not get back to Liverpool until the Sunday. Anyone know anywhere decent I can watch it?

I’m told you’ll find a few scousers around on Albert Road, Southsea. The Bold Forester or The Albert.

Online kasperoff

• Legacy Fan
  • What happened to Sabu?
« Reply #386 on: May 14, 2018, 08:01:32 pm »
Might have to watch this one in West Yorkshire. Most likely Leeds. Don’t suppose anyone knows of any LFC supporters screenings? Pretty sure most pubs will be full of Leeds and Man Utd fans cheering Madrid.
I think the same, can't stand him, but if you could have a £1million pound cheque or steve bruces head hollowed out and filled with pound coins which would you have?

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #387 on: May 14, 2018, 08:04:54 pm »
You do realize that the Ukraine is a war zone don't you?

The eastern regions are, not Kyiv.

https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/ukraine

Offline gray19lfc

• Would like a McFly hairstyle
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the end of a storm, there's a golden sky ★★★★★★
« Reply #388 on: May 14, 2018, 08:12:44 pm »
Did anyone getting a ticket for BOSS night?  Was refreshing from 7.55pm and it appeared to sell out instantly?  Been there for every away CL game this season.

Online BOBSCOUSE

• Awestruck admirer of the families, YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #389 on: May 14, 2018, 08:12:45 pm »
Anyone from or around Cheltenham got a pub recommendation for watching this?  Was online Friday and could have got tickets for Anfield but waited for brother in law to say if he wanted tickets for him and his lad - sold out by the time he answered.  Gutted, should have just bought them.

Still hoping that they will open up the rest of the stadium for big screens - otherwise we're considering travelling up to Liverpool (but struggling to find cheap rooms to stay in overnight) to join in the madness or will settle for Cheltenham.
JFT96
Here comes retribution motherfuckers!

Offline adruk87

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #390 on: May 14, 2018, 08:16:32 pm »
Tried for boss night myself, no chance, refreshed, ticket link popped up, sold out. You could buy 10 at a time, imagine a few people gonna be making some money on them  :wanker
"Corner taken quickly, ORIGI!"

Offline Fabulous_aurelio

• You will always find him in the kitchen at parties (most likely alone in a corner with a half-empty glass of Tizer keeping his powder dry...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well Red.
« Reply #391 on: May 14, 2018, 08:22:45 pm »
Massive Dilemma.

The Mrs has arrange a lovely gathering of friends in her hometown of Bourne. We will be spending the evening at said friends house. All the couple's will be there.

Should be nice I thought.

What day? Oh it's a Saturday? Oh how lovely...what Saturday? Well I think you have guessed by now.

Okay, it's not all bad. All the hubby and boyfriends love football so the plan is for us all to watch it. I'm going to take my laptop and HDMI it to the nearest and biggest TV I find in the house..

The dilemma?

I'm not a BT Sport or Sky TV subscriber and I daren't risk acestreaming.

Is there any way you can pay for the game for a day? Kind of like Sky do with their sports packages..

Thanks in advance for the help!
"Salahs in here......"

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #392 on: May 14, 2018, 08:24:58 pm »
fucking unreal mate, was doing the same and didn't get anywhere near - 4 of me mates were trying too, not one of us got a single ticket.
Poorly organised sale that will mean tickets will be on the second hand market for at least double the price now.

Crazy that they let people buy 10+ tickets at a time and that's why it sold out in about minus 12 seconds.

Offline Kongegaard

• Predicted 1-3 win. Actually a 0-5 win. SHITE PROGNOSTICATOR!
  • Main Stander
« Reply #393 on: May 14, 2018, 08:25:50 pm »
I see so many is asking about expencive flights. Why don't anyone arrange busses to Kiev? Could be much cheaper.

And for the expensive hotels? Have anyone looked for any Ukrain fan site? Maybe there are many lfc supporters in Kiev that can host for other fans for free?
And what about abnb?

At last: because it sounds expensive- we should start som fundraising for our travelling mates. They are over there - supporting. I would like to donate just a little to help them help the team, because I can't go. Maybe other are thinking the same?

Ynwa

Offline PHIL.

• Anny Roader
  • Unbearable
« Reply #394 on: May 14, 2018, 08:26:12 pm »
I don't believe there were more than a couple for sale.

Was on there refreshing for 10 minutes beforehand, as soon as it turned 8, refreshed to be greeted instantly with 'sold out'. Not a chance anyone got them all that quickly if there were more than a couple.

Online duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #395 on: May 14, 2018, 08:27:50 pm »
Massive Dilemma.

The Mrs has arrange a lovely gathering of friends in her hometown of Bourne. We will be spending the evening at said friends house. All the couple's will be there.

What day? Oh it's a Saturday? Oh how lovely...what Saturday? Well I think you have guessed by now.

Okay, it's not all bad. All the hubby and boyfriends love football so the plan is for us all to watch it. I'm going to take my laptop and HDMI it to the nearest and biggest TV I find in the house..

The dilemma?

Is there any way you can pay for the game for a day? Kind of like Sky do with their sports packages..

Think Bt are streaming it free to air via their YouTube channel if that’s any good? BT don’t do a day pass or equivalent that I’m aware of.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2018, 08:34:11 pm by duvva »
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #396 on: May 14, 2018, 08:32:32 pm »
Massive Dilemma.

The dilemma?

Are Sky showing it? If so you can download the NOW TV app and buy a 24 hr Sports pass which costs about 7 quid if I recall, although I think you can buy vouchers for cheaper on eBay. That's IF Sky are showing it. I'd recommend doing a trial run of the app too, so that you make sure it works.

Now I think of it, I'm pretty sure you can get a free trial of NOW TV. I don't know.

Offline gray19lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #397 on: May 14, 2018, 08:32:45 pm »
No idea where I'm going to watch this now.  Anyone who planned on going to BOSS Night, what's your back up plan?

Offline PHIL.

• Anny Roader
  • Unbearable
« Reply #398 on: May 14, 2018, 08:33:47 pm »
No idea where I'm going to watch this now.  Anyone who planned on going to BOSS Night, what's your back up plan?

Feeling pretty deflated at the moment with it.

Missed the Anfield sale and then BOSS tickets sold out fast than a page refresh.

Looks like I may end up watching at home.

Offline gray19lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #399 on: May 14, 2018, 08:38:01 pm »
Feeling pretty deflated at the moment with it.

Missed the Anfield sale and then BOSS tickets sold out fast than a page refresh.

Looks like I may end up watching at home.

Missed out on the ballot, missed out on BOSS Night.  Anfield screening was a back up but even that's gone.  Gonna have to be a bar in town that's not doing ticketed entry but got no ideas where.