Author Topic: PL: Man U 2 vs 4 Liverpool ‘10 Fern ‘34 Jota ‘45+3 ‘48 Si Senor ‘68 Rash ‘90 Mo  (Read 41650 times)

Offline Tesco tearaway

• Would just LUUUUUUURVE to 'swipe your clubcard', ooooooh matron!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • *NoVoid-19
The funny thing is Talkshite named and shamed the 5 biggest divers in the Premier League in November 2020. Personally I think Talkshite is the epitome of tabloid ism.

The results were quite surprising.

5. Vardy
4. Barnes
3. Salah
2. Zaha
1. Kane

So four of the top five were English.
Should have done that countdown like Kid Jenson in an 80's episode of Top Of The Pops.

De de de de da!
"At number 5 it's the fella that's quite mardy... It's Jamie Vardy!"
De de de de da!
"The fella that couldn't hit a 'Barnes door' is straight in at number 4."
De de de de da!
"At number 3 it's the fella you can hit with a tree and he still won't get a penaltee; Mo Salah."
De de de de da!
"Number 2 is the fella that didn't shag Moysies milf ( he did do his daughter though  ;) ); It's Wilf!"

And at number 1 for the umteenth week running it's it's the man that flies like an aeroplane; it's Harry Kane!"

If your moral compass is Piers Moron then I ask you to think whether someone who oversaw illegal phone hacking and published fake pictures depicting War Crimes is an appropriate person to look up to. In fact, I'd suggest you're a bit of a c*nt.

Offline Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
Fernandes is the entire basis for my proposed All-Star Weekend Diving Contest which i am convinced can gain traction at least equal to the nba's slam dunk and baseballs home run competitions.

any list that doesnt put him lengths ahead as top diver has obviously not got the sound on the tv. His acting and screaming skills make him the Wayne Gretzky of diving. Even if he doesn't get the call his salty tears often ruin the grass forever on the spot where he fell.

Also today in the wh game on wellbecks breakaway goal:

Commentator:  "Fabianski's just made it far too easy for him by rushing out like that, he just needs to pop it over him"   :lmao  so much for the glorious Paul Scholes goal-tending lesson "hes not rushed him, its just too easy".

Amplification does not equal truth. 

"Put these seeds in your pocket. At least sunflowers will grow where you lie!"
A Ukrainian housewife to a young Russian soldier, Feb 24,2022.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
New link now that YT have taken it down..

https://streamable.com/b6p1la
Boss :)
The Sir Bobby Firmino Stand is a fucking killer.

Offline stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
It was very brave of Sir Bruno of Fernandes to play on with a double hip dislocation, two compound fractures and a ragged toenail.
#JFT97

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
It was very brave of Sir Bruno of Fernandes to play on with a double hip dislocation, two compound fractures and a ragged toenail.
And chapped lips.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Online Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
I don't. I could argue that no two penalties are precisely the same, small sample size, etc. But the point of not being obsessed about referees is that I'm not going to put in remotely the same effort (as some clearly do point out their flaws and alleged biases) to counter the idea that they're all out to get us, because it's pointless, unresolvable and dull.

We just beat United 4-2 in our best performance for months, and we've had ~15 pages about referees being biased against Liverpool. Someone came into the thread late, having not seen the game, to talk about it and has been virtually ignored. Even if I *did* think referees were consciously biased against us, it would still be a pointless conversation. I have no idea when it became more interesting, to some, than discussing what was actually a good game of football.
Of course, there's only been 15 pages of referee discussion because people, including yourself, have come out with all the conspiracy theorists clap trap.  :-* 8)

Here's the bald truth which we all have to come to terms with: football fans will always blame refs and always claim refs are biased against them and always claim that various people/groups are out to get us and do us down. It's an inexcapable part of fan culture; in fact if you want to get all socio-psychological about it then it's a form of ritual to reinforce group identity and shared bonds; them against us and all that. It will never go away. And as I've tried to point out that doesn't mean that they are always wrong; it's occasionally possible that accusations of bias are true.

But in reality, as you say, it's not a particularly interesting discussion and it's best left as background noise, or slightly queasy wallpaper.  Most of the time when I go through post match threads my eyes just slide over the referee posts. They are expected, almost comforting in their ever-presence, but not anything to engage with.

It's when people trapise in with wagging fingers like schoolteachers trying to tell people how wrong they are to suggest referee legerdemain and how doing so makes them conspiracy loons etc that it all starts getting out of hand and taking up space.

Just leave it be. Who cares if it's 'unbecoming'? or if someone might take the piss? If they're football fans they'll almost certainly say the same things about their own club and referees.

I'd much rather read blah blah about biased referees every few posts then some of the shitehawk stuff said about our own players and occasionally manager. Now that does need to be challenged and verbally headbutted. Relentlessly and remorselessly.
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
That quote is baseless rubbish.

What I do think there may be some currency to is the process whereby a foreign player gets a reputation as a ‘diver’ as pushed by the tabloids (a reputation that an English player won’t get for doing exactly the same thing because it won’t sell papers) and that then knocks on to referee decisions. I’m fairly sure after the smear campaign on Salah started after that Newcastle penalty on Boxing Day in 2019 that he started getting less

It was lead by the BBC. At least twice on prime time Saturday tea time Telly, the little wrap up after final score, and one was repeated on the 6pm BBC 1 news. Garth Crooks said something like Salah was ruining the game

Offline Tobelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
It was lead by the BBC. At least twice on prime time Saturday tea time Telly, the little wrap up after final score, and one was repeated on the 6pm BBC 1 news. Garth Crooks said something like Salah was ruining the game

Ah the football sage,i hear he's still playing the same record btw.

It's the tired old comforting narrative which some like to hear and read about,the nasty foreign players diving vs. the honest british just getting on with it.

That had some truth in it at one time long ago but when you watch Kane,Grealish,Maddison and when he played more Alli dive and cheat on a regular basis and getting away with it there's certainly no difference anymore,just the old bias from the media is still there.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2021, 05:57:52 am by Tobelius »

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Woke up stupidly early again, decided to watch Car SOS I'd recorded on Thursday and noticed the Virgin box had recorded MOTD too. So sat and watched the mighty reds tear the Mancs a new one. Makes up for not being all warm and comfy in bed.

2-4 you spineless cheating c*nts ;D
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA