Author Topic: Curtis Jones  (Read 591704 times)

Online rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Curtis Jones
« Reply #2160 on: April 1, 2021, 01:31:29 pm »
comedy thread
You know things are fucked when Fordy is making the most sense. The end is nigh
“If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” - muhammad ali

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2161 on: April 1, 2021, 01:32:26 pm »

I don't Adam and Eve it.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Online Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #2162 on: April 1, 2021, 01:40:29 pm »
"I never said he's not good enough. I just don't think he's good enough. I never said that though".....

It's like a Samuel Beckett play. Which is great, cos I like Sam Beckett.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2163 on: April 1, 2021, 01:44:12 pm »

Offline Fordy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2164 on: April 1, 2021, 01:44:41 pm »

;D

Offline G a r y

• Sexist Pig. Wants to mate with Dan Bilzerian
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kop 306
« Reply #2165 on: April 1, 2021, 01:45:58 pm »
Were you the one saying “he won’t be world class” a few weeks ago?

Despite many examples of players who are world class, and weren’t expected to be so at the age of 20?
I was. I couldn't possibly comment on van Dijk and the likes at 20 because I didn't watch him, nor did you.

I have however watched Curtis Jones every game he's played for Liverpool. Absolutely nothing wrong in suggesting he won't be world class nor is there any shame in it if he doesn't.

I mean we've got to the point now where people are outraged he's not in the England team whilst he currently isn't even in the starting Liverpool XI. Unless he steps up massively again his playing time (once everyone is back fit) is going to be limited even more.

Let's get it right, i'll be absolutely over the moon if he does step up (again) and absolutely smashes it again next season.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2166 on: April 1, 2021, 01:48:06 pm »
Why do you want to mate with Dan Blizerian?  ???

Offline G a r y

• Legacy Fan
  • Kop 306
« Reply #2167 on: April 1, 2021, 01:49:56 pm »
Why do you want to mate with Dan Blizerian?  ???
I think I once said i'd be his mate, who wouldn't?

I guess some wool moderator took it literally. Sexist Pig? Probably. Waiting on a Curtis Jones update  :thumbsup

Offline Fordy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2168 on: April 1, 2021, 01:51:52 pm »
Southgate understands he won't get a top 4 job when he leaves England and is trying to create that strong CV.

When have you made difficult decisions - Well I dropped TAA one of the best RB's in the world. Dropped Greenwood and picked Watkins.

What was you greatest achievement at England - I am proud that I brought in players from Birmingham, Leeds, Villa, West Ham, Wolves, Everton and it wasn't about picking the greats or the clear talents from Liverpool.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #2169 on: April 1, 2021, 01:55:14 pm »
This exact same conversation happened on here a few weeks back. Its boring. :wanker

Same poster as well.

I imagine he'll pop up anytime he has a poor game or does something wrong to remind us all how he doesn't think he's going to become much.

Offline G a r y

• Legacy Fan
  • Kop 306
« Reply #2170 on: April 1, 2021, 01:56:15 pm »
Same poster as well.

I imagine he'll pop up anytime he has a poor game or does something wrong to remind us all how he doesn't think he's going to become much.
Has he had a poor game? What has he done wrong? When have I said he won't become much?

Don't get it twisted.

Offline Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2171 on: April 1, 2021, 01:56:41 pm »
I was. I couldn't possibly comment on van Dijk and the likes at 20 because I didn't watch him, nor did you.

I have however watched Curtis Jones every game he's played for Liverpool. Absolutely nothing wrong in suggesting he won't be world class nor is there any shame in it if he doesn't.

I mean we've got to the point now where people are outraged he's not in the England team whilst he currently isn't even in the starting Liverpool XI. Unless he steps up massively again his playing time (once everyone is back fit) is going to be limited even more.

Let's get it right, i'll be absolutely over the moon if he does step up (again) and absolutely smashes it again next season.
So you’re saying he definitely will not be world class based on the fact that you’ve seen him play, and probably your knowledge of the game.

People were watching Van Dijk regularly and he still wasn’t expected to be world class. In fact, aside from Thiago not one player in our squad was.

Offline A-Bomb

• Garlic Butter Coming. Isn’t as good as Divock Origi. Can we sell him?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2172 on: April 1, 2021, 01:57:08 pm »
I'm astonished that anyone might believe this lad hasn't got the raw ingredients to become as big a success as he wants. It really is all down to the kid now - how much does he want it? He's exceptionally talented.

Offline G a r y

• Legacy Fan
  • Kop 306
« Reply #2173 on: April 1, 2021, 02:00:09 pm »
So you’re saying he definitely will not be world class based on the fact that you’ve seen him play, and probably your knowledge of the game.

People were watching Van Dijk regularly and he still wasn’t expected to be world class. In fact, aside from Thiago not one player in our squad was.
I don't believe he'll ever be world class - I don't believe he'll ever be considered as one of the best players in the world.

Not many players in our team are world class. Said it a while back, it's a term thrown about far too easily for me. Nothing wrong with being boss though. Curtis Jones could one day be boss.

Online LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2174 on: April 1, 2021, 02:13:18 pm »
I mean we've got to the point now where people are outraged he's not in the England team whilst he currently isn't even in the starting Liverpool XI.

Absolutely no one is outraged. This all started just because someone asked a relatively simple, non-outraged comment which you immediately jumped on:

How does Bellingham go straight into the England squad, yet Curtis finds himself on the bench with the u-21’s?

Now this poster was definitely under-playing Bellingham's ability/potential, but still.

I personally don't think Jones should be in the England squad either, I just took issue with you saying that he is nowhere near good enough to be even thinking about playing for England, which is pretty ridiculous given Solanke, Shelvey and Flanagan have all received relatively recent call-ups whilst playing for us.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #2175 on: April 1, 2021, 02:18:53 pm »
Interesting. So no new signings in the summer, what does our midfield look like with Jones in it?

By the way. I don't dislike him I just don't think he's 'great' at the moment.

Who is losing their place out of Thiago, Fabinho and Henderson?

Why wouldnt we make any new signings in the summer?  ???

What does our midfield look like with Jones in....? Um.....Fabinho, Hendo, Jones? Hendo, Jones, Keita? I dunno, thats the beauty of having a squad.

Why would anyone have to lose their place? Again, we have a SQUAD G a r y. Squad.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline G a r y

• Legacy Fan
  • Kop 306
« Reply #2176 on: April 1, 2021, 02:20:25 pm »
Absolutely no one is outraged. This all started just because someone asked a relatively simple, non-outraged comment which you immediately jumped on:

Now this poster was definitely under-playing Bellingham's ability/potential, but still.

I personally don't think Jones should be in the England squad either, I just took issue with you saying that he is nowhere near good enough to be even thinking about playing for England, which is pretty ridiculous given Solanke, Shelvey and Flanagan have all received relatively recent call-ups whilst playing for us.
There is no doubt there are some strange England call-ups and players walking round with England caps to their names.

Does that mean it was deserved? Curtis Jones will play for England, no doubt about it. First he needs to concentrate on keeping his place in the Liverpool side. Jones is nowhere near good enough to be even thinking about playing for England at this very moment in time. He won't be going the Euros and he won't even be considered. So yeah, he is no where near.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #2177 on: April 1, 2021, 02:22:13 pm »
Does that mean it was deserved? Curtis Jones will play for England, no doubt about it. First he needs to concentrate on keeping his place in the Liverpool side. Jones is nowhere near good enough to be even thinking about playing for England at this very moment in time. He won't be going the Euros and he won't even be considered. So yeah, he is no where near.

He’s getting into the Liverpool side. I’d say he’s entitled to maybe think about playing for England.

Actually play? No he won’t. Think about it? Sure, why not.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2178 on: April 1, 2021, 02:22:18 pm »
G a r y, do you think Curtis Jones currently is a long way from being as good as Jessie Lingard or Harry Winks?
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline G a r y

• Legacy Fan
  • Kop 306
« Reply #2179 on: April 1, 2021, 02:22:41 pm »
Why wouldnt we make any new signings in the summer?  ???

What does our midfield look like with Jones in....? Um.....Fabinho, Hendo, Jones? Hendo, Jones, Keita? I dunno, thats the beauty of having a squad.

Why would anyone have to lose their place? Again, we have a SQUAD G a r y. Squad.
I'm sure we will make signings. I was just interested to see who he was dropping out of the current squad to get Jones in seen as though he said he'd start him.

Jones will play, i'm talking about what our strongest midfield looks like - he isn't in it - yet.

Offline A-Bomb

• Garlic Butter Coming. Isn’t as good as Divock Origi. Can we sell him?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2180 on: April 1, 2021, 02:23:33 pm »
There is no doubt there are some strange England call-ups and players walking round with England caps to their names.

His quality is not in question in my mind, it is his experience and consistency, and frankly i'd prefer he didn't get called up anytime soon.....would rather have him under our roof than England's during international breaks.

Offline G a r y

• Legacy Fan
  • Kop 306
« Reply #2181 on: April 1, 2021, 02:23:41 pm »
He’s getting into the Liverpool side. I’d say he’s entitled to maybe think about playing for England.

Actually play? No he won’t. Think about it? Sure, why not.
Fair enough. Thinking about it doesn't mean he's playing though does it?

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #2182 on: April 1, 2021, 02:23:52 pm »
G a r y, do you think Curtis Jones currently is a long way from being as good as Jessie Lingard or Harry Winks?

Tbf he must be 5 or 6 years older than young Jessie Lingard so that’s a bit unfair.

Offline jonkrux

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2183 on: April 1, 2021, 02:24:25 pm »
 :lmao
Tbf he must be 5 or 6 years older than young Jessie Lingard so that’s a bit unfair.

Offline G a r y

• Legacy Fan
  • Kop 306
« Reply #2184 on: April 1, 2021, 02:26:27 pm »
He's miles better. Difference is Lingard has experience in England squads and tournaments and is currently playing very well for West Ham who just happen to be above us in the league too. Winks? weren't even in the squad mate.

Jones has the difficult job of trying to displace Gini, Thiago or Fabinho at the moment so isn't playing - and rightly so

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2185 on: April 1, 2021, 02:28:58 pm »
He's miles better. Difference is Lingard has experience in England squads and tournaments and is currently playing very well for West Ham who just happen to be above us in the league too. Winks? weren't even in the squad mate.

Just so I'm clear....:lmao

So Curtis Jones is miles better than Lingard, who just played twice for England, but Curtis Jones is nowhere near good enough to be even thinking about playing for England at this very moment in time

Offline G a r y

• Legacy Fan
  • Kop 306
« Reply #2186 on: April 1, 2021, 02:31:49 pm »
Will Lingard start every game in the Euros? No.

Lingard's form is currently better than Jones who is getting splinters in his arse whilst watching Liverpool from the sidelines. I can't claim to know what goes on in Southgate's head, nor do I want to.

Look, Jack Grealish, Henderson and even bloody Saka from Arsenal were fit and Lingard probably wouldn't have been in it either. There are also a few attackers who missed out due to injury too like Sancho and Rashford.

So Jones or Lingard wouldn't be in it normally.
« Last Edit: April 1, 2021, 02:34:37 pm by G a r y »

Online LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2187 on: April 1, 2021, 02:36:25 pm »
Will Lingard start every game in the Euros? No.

Lingard's form is currently better than Jones who is getting splinters in his arse whilst watching Liverpool from the sidelines. I can't claim to know what goes on in Southgate's head, nor do I want to.

Look, Jack Grealish, Henderson and even bloody Saka from Arsenal were fit and Lingard probably wouldn't have been in it either. There are also a few attackers who missed out due to injury too like Sancho and Rashford.

So Jones or Lingard wouldn't be in it normally.

Is Lingard allowed to think about it though?
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline G a r y

• Legacy Fan
  • Kop 306
« Reply #2188 on: April 1, 2021, 02:37:00 pm »
I think about it myself, doesn't mean i'm good enough.

Offline Marty 85

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2189 on: April 1, 2021, 02:38:50 pm »
"I never said he's not good enough. I just don't think he's good enough. I never said that though".....

Brilliant!

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #2190 on: April 1, 2021, 02:42:09 pm »
I think about it myself, doesn't mean i'm good enough.

Wait, so Curtis, a PL footballer, isn't allowed to think about it but you're OK to do so?

Offline G a r y

• Legacy Fan
  • Kop 306
« Reply #2191 on: April 1, 2021, 02:44:14 pm »
We've gone from asking the question as to why Jones is on the bench for the U21s, to why isn't he in the full squad to now can he think about playing for England?

Course he can think about it. That is where it stops for now. He needs to be thinking more about what he can do to make sure he keeps his place in the Liverpool side. Anyway, going to leave it there now fellas.

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2192 on: April 1, 2021, 02:44:20 pm »
Wait, so Curtis, a PL footballer, isn't allowed to think about it but you're OK to do so?

I have to back my old mate G a r y up here, he's never said that he thinks about it himself

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #2193 on: April 1, 2021, 02:45:44 pm »
Course he can think about it. 

But...

Jones is nowhere near good enough to be even thinking about playing for England at this very moment in time.

Offline G a r y

• Legacy Fan
  • Kop 306
« Reply #2194 on: April 1, 2021, 02:51:12 pm »
Ha ha. Fucks sake, being badly had off here like. Love to take things literally on here.

I've got nothing  :lmao

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #2195 on: April 1, 2021, 02:54:29 pm »

Waiting for Cujo
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline G a r y

• Legacy Fan
  • Kop 306
« Reply #2196 on: April 1, 2021, 02:54:39 pm »
Genuinely though, I'd love nothing more than to be completely had off in 6 years while Jones is being tipped for the ballon d'or and we've just won the league again and the European Cup for the 10th time after he scored an overhead kick from the halfway line.

I like the kid. He's impressed me.

Online Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #2197 on: April 1, 2021, 03:02:45 pm »
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #2198 on: April 1, 2021, 03:04:32 pm »
Genuinely though, I'd love nothing more than to be completely had off in 6 years while Jones is being tipped for the ballon d'or and we've just won the league again and the European Cup for the 10th time after he scored an overhead kick from the halfway line.

The problem is that's prob what it's going to take for you to accept you've gone (went) a little over board in here.

Offline G a r y

• Legacy Fan
  • Kop 306
« Reply #2199 on: April 1, 2021, 03:09:40 pm »
The problem is that's prob what it's going to take for you to accept you've gone (went) a little over board in here.
Not at all. I've said nothing but good things about him. I'm just not raving about him like most other Liverpool fans.

It's been clear since he started in the first team he's got potential to play for us for a very long time.