Author Topic: Loan Watch 2019/20  (Read 233072 times)

Offline BabuYagu

• It's Portuguese for 'BabyYoghurt'. The John Motson of RAWK. Or Barry Davies. Or Charley Boorman, even. Expertly silent fist-pumper. Needs to pay more attention. Repeatly analing goalkeepers.
  • Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
    • Wakelet of the Articles I have written
Re: Allan Rodrigues de Souza plays for Apollon Limassol
« Reply #360 on: September 2, 2017, 10:32:02 pm »
If this is accurate (probably not) then he'd need to be on about £90k/week to qualify for 3 points based on his wages. Obviously the only way he'd get that sort of money is if he proved himself over a number of seasons here.
He could qualify for 2 points if he earned ~10k a week perhaps? That's not outside the scope of posibility. Ojo is in the vicinity of that. Solanke is on 20k. We may even give him a wage bump specifically to achieve that.
My first article on Anfield Index on Shaqiri. Enjoy. bit.ly/2mAq3Qd

Offline DHKopper

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #361 on: September 2, 2017, 10:48:20 pm »
He should just marry an English bird and be done with it.

Offline BabuYagu

• It's Portuguese for 'BabyYoghurt'. The John Motson of RAWK. Or Barry Davies. Or Charley Boorman, even. Expertly silent fist-pumper. Needs to pay more attention. Repeatly analing goalkeepers.
  • Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
« Reply #362 on: September 2, 2017, 10:50:37 pm »
He should just marry an English bird and be done with it.
:D

One of the players at the club must have an attractive sister around his age, right?

Offline Djozer

• Ujpest
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #363 on: September 2, 2017, 10:54:29 pm »
:D

One of the players at the club must have an attractive sister around his age, right?

I hear Emre's sister is pretty hot. I think her name's Jackie.

Offline BabuYagu

• Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
« Reply #364 on: September 2, 2017, 11:08:45 pm »
I hear Emre's sister is pretty hot. I think her name's Jackie.
Gorgeous.

Offline ahannon88

• Kemlynite
« Reply #365 on: September 11, 2017, 03:59:50 pm »
Was an unused sub on Saturday.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #366 on: September 11, 2017, 04:46:11 pm »
The Cypriot league will probably not develop him so much. Better than Finland? Sure. But not good enough I think.

Think the idea is more to get him somewhere he can get the points required to get a work permit more so than send him to a strong league where he may develop slightly more buy have no chance of meeting the required appearances to gain the points needed.

Offline Haggis36

• purveyor of better gifs than trendisnotdestiny
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #367 on: September 11, 2017, 08:15:37 pm »
Think the idea is more to get him somewhere he can get the points required to get a work permit more so than send him to a strong league where he may develop slightly more buy have no chance of meeting the required appearances to gain the points needed.

I don't get it though - unless I'm reading the rules wrong, he's got effectively zero chance of getting a work permit here either way, mainly because the fee we paid was low and he's never going to be in the top 25-50% of our wage earners. That leaves the two appearance based measures - one requires the player to be playing in a top 6 league (so not Cyprus..) and the other is probably the only one he can realistically achieve (30% of available minutes for a CL/EL team) and that would give him 1 point, but he needs 4. Short of suddenly putting him on £80k a week I don't see how he'll ever be able to get those.

Offline BabuYagu

• Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
« Reply #368 on: September 11, 2017, 08:19:03 pm »
I don't get it though - unless I'm reading the rules wrong, he's got effectively zero chance of getting a work permit here either way, mainly because the fee we paid was low and he's never going to be in the top 25-50% of our wage earners. That leaves the two appearance based measures - one requires the player to be playing in a top 6 league (so not Cyprus..) and the other is probably the only one he can realistically achieve (30% of available minutes for a CL/EL team) and that would give him 1 point, but he needs 4. Short of suddenly putting him on £80k a week I don't see how he'll ever be able to get those.
I believe if he is paid >10k per week he qualifies for two points as he would be in the top 25% of our earners then. Could be wrong though. Maybe we would give him a pay bump just to get it done.

Offline Haggis36

• purveyor of better gifs than trendisnotdestiny
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #369 on: September 11, 2017, 08:36:44 pm »
I believe if he is paid >10k per week he qualifies for two points as he would be in the top 25% of our earners then. Could be wrong though. Maybe we would give him a pay bump just to get it done.

Surely it doesn't mean all players on our books (i.e. including all the youth players)? Otherwise it'd be considerably easier to get a work permit when you think we must have, what, 100 kids in the academy? I can't seem to find anywhere that states what it means by "earners" but I'd be surprised if it was written in such a way as to have Allan as one of our top 25%.

Plus would that not still leave him short?

Offline BabuYagu

• Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
« Reply #370 on: September 11, 2017, 08:55:49 pm »
Surely it doesn't mean all players on our books (i.e. including all the youth players)? Otherwise it'd be considerably easier to get a work permit when you think we must have, what, 100 kids in the academy? I can't seem to find anywhere that states what it means by "earners" but I'd be surprised if it was written in such a way as to have Allan as one of our top 25%.

Plus would that not still leave him short?
I believe it's the top 30 players, or all those signed to pro contracts.

Offline RaveDave

• Kopite
« Reply #371 on: September 11, 2017, 11:42:15 pm »
I honestly don't know why they just don't sent him to Malta for a year and pay the approx €1 million in fees/investments to get him Maltese citizenship if they feel he is that good.

Offline JasonF

• Frenkie says "Ilaix, don't do it"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Funny T-Shirts
« Reply #372 on: September 12, 2017, 12:13:46 am »
I honestly don't know why they just don't sent him to Malta for a year and pay the approx €1 million in fees/investments to get him Maltese citizenship if they feel he is that good.

I guess you mean this: http://www.astons.com/eng/citizenship/malta/

First I'd heard of it but it does sound ready made for getting around work permit issues. I guess the lack of a good standard of football for a year would be an issue, but that makes it sound like residency isn't actually required, so he could still play in another league perhaps. Any transfers made use of this to date do we know?
« Last Edit: September 12, 2017, 12:18:02 am by JasonF »

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #373 on: September 12, 2017, 12:19:33 am »
Fuck sakes as someone said above let's just get him an English bird to marry instead of all this points shite.

Offline Nessy76

• Shits alone and doesn't condone public self-molestation. Literally Goldenballs' biggest fan
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live In A Red And White Klopp
    • Andrew Ness Photographer
« Reply #374 on: September 12, 2017, 05:49:37 pm »
Fuck sakes as someone said above let's just get him an English bird to marry instead of all this points shite.

That doesn't actually work.
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #375 on: September 12, 2017, 05:51:05 pm »
How would you know if you don't try it?  ;D

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #376 on: September 12, 2017, 05:59:07 pm »

You offering to marry him?

Offline BabuYagu

• Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
« Reply #377 on: September 12, 2017, 06:00:35 pm »
Can we not just dig up Sebastian Leto's contact with the dodgy passports and give that a go?

Offline HumanRed

• Main Stander
« Reply #378 on: September 12, 2017, 06:40:49 pm »
Is this Theresa May's doing? I saw some headlines about her and some crap about a proposal to leave the EU!

I read an article by a journo in the Independent and his gf who is a Malaysian resident in France couldn't get in to England to visit him. They sent her back at Calais. Is this going to be a problem for English teams signing foreign youngsters in the future? I voted for Corbyn. Knew Theresa May was bad news.

Offline Redsnappa

• Pining for No.20
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks Shanks for Tosh and Kev.
« Reply #379 on: September 28, 2017, 07:50:08 pm »
Starts tonight v the Bitters  ;)

Come on lad, 40 yard screamer would be nice ...

Offline BabuYagu

• Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
« Reply #380 on: September 28, 2017, 10:18:08 pm »
How did he do? Worth downloading to watch his performance? Hope BoyWonder does an every touch comp for it to save me having to watch Koemans red face for 90 minutes

Offline Giono

• Legacy Fan
  • And stop calling me Shirley
« Reply #381 on: September 29, 2017, 12:51:53 am »
How did he do? Worth downloading to watch his performance? Hope BoyWonder does an every touch comp for it to save me having to watch Koemans red face for 90 minutes

I hope so too. I'm very curious about his development.
"I am a great believer in luck and the harder I work the more of it I have." Stephen Leacock

Offline BabuYagu

• Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
« Reply #382 on: September 29, 2017, 01:37:58 am »

Offline Giono

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #383 on: September 29, 2017, 02:10:13 am »
https://www.reddit.com/r/footballhighlights/comments/732rnd/everton_vs_apollon_limassol_uefa_europa_league/?utm_content=title&utm_medium=hot&utm_source=reddit&utm_name=footballhighlights

If interested Giono here are the highlights/full 90 of the game. Doesn't look a classic so maybe not the latter :D

Thanks. He didn't play DM in this match it seems.
"I am a great believer in luck and the harder I work the more of it I have." Stephen Leacock

Offline riismeister

• Legacy Fan
  • Onwards and upwards
« Reply #384 on: September 29, 2017, 03:00:34 am »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/mOKeq7OluZ0" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/mOKeq7OluZ0</a>

Offline BabuYagu

• Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
« Reply #385 on: September 29, 2017, 04:00:16 am »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/mOKeq7OluZ0" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/mOKeq7OluZ0</a>

If you read this MrBoywunder - thanks for hearing me before and saving me the suffering of having to watch 90 minutes of Everton. :D

Offline joekim87

• Truly gone shark fishing.....
  • Kopite
« Reply #386 on: September 29, 2017, 06:40:51 am »
Wish there was more than one MrBoywunder because we need those player videos of every liverpool player in every age group. Anyone got a free cloning device around?

Offline BigJimFinn

• Main Stander
« Reply #387 on: September 29, 2017, 06:55:38 am »
Looks like there is a player in there, no guarantee if he can ever get the work permit or be good enough for Liverpool but at worst we should make a nice profit on him. At best, we get a mobile, aggressive midfielder with good touch, dribbling threat and excellent left foot. His role could be at first as an understudy for Keith. His all-round play and defending has improved a ton since his half-season in Finland two years ago.

Offline Bend It Like Aurelio

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #388 on: September 29, 2017, 07:00:44 am »
His fouling is very Lucas like. Good boy.

Offline Sinyoro

• Give the ball to Bobby and he will scyoro
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #389 on: September 29, 2017, 07:58:39 am »
Looks like there is a player in there, no guarantee if he can ever get the work permit or be good enough for Liverpool but at worst we should make a nice profit on him. At best, we get a mobile, aggressive midfielder with good touch, dribbling threat and excellent left foot. His role could be at first as an understudy for Keith. His all-round play and defending has improved a ton since his half-season in Finland two years ago.

Seems to have a bit of composure in his play, which bodes well for control of the middle area of the pitch. Not as hectic as the others we have got. Long term I think Tagseth is a better bet

Offline Pradan

• Makes RAWK a grim place. Sarcastic besserwisser. Would certainly pick a fight with himself in an empty room.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #390 on: September 29, 2017, 09:13:00 am »
Underwhelming. You can see why the best club he can get on loan is a side like Apollon Limassol.

Offline northern Monkey

• Kopite
« Reply #391 on: September 29, 2017, 11:11:58 am »
From that video, looks like a decent game from him.

Retained possesion well, played on the turn well which I think was what most impressed me.  That and he seemed to use  a his body well and drew could  a when in tricky positions.  Was willing to get stuck in and didn't seem phased at all.  Quite a lot of sideways play but considering the match up keeping the ball moving seemed sensible and there were definately times he was willing to go forward with the ball.  Was a bit wasteful high up the pitch so should fit in.pefectly! ;)

Not saying he looked a world beater but he was against good (relatively speaking of course..)  opposition and didn't look out of his depth at all.  All joking about Sexy FC aside, they aren't a Sunday league team.

Offline Dubred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #392 on: September 29, 2017, 11:28:32 am »
Underwhelming. You can see why the best club he can get on loan is a side like Apollon Limassol.

Everyone else commenting seem to have a more balanced and positive view of his performance.  I haven't seen it myself.

So why underwhelming?

What were you expecting?

He was playing for the team that was clear underdog, away from home, and he's still only 20.

Given all that, was his performance what you'd expect?

Offline Giono

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #393 on: September 29, 2017, 11:42:26 am »

From what I understand, the choice of club for the loan had to do with playing time and them playing in Europe in order to get his work permit.

Offline BabuYagu

• Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
« Reply #394 on: September 29, 2017, 12:12:14 pm »
Good post mate. Pretty much what I would have typed myself.

He is probably the best fit in our squad for a Klopp #8 midfielder in terms of his skillset which increases his chances of making it. Klopp picked up Gundogan from Nurnberg back when they were relegation fodder for this role. Sven Bender from the 2nd Division as his #6. He has this way of finding talent in places nobody else is looking.

Offline Triad

• Anny Roader
« Reply #395 on: September 29, 2017, 12:19:52 pm »

He is probably the best fit in our squad for a Klopp #8 midfielder in terms of his skillset which increases his chances of making it. Klopp picked up Gundogan from Nurnberg back when they were relegation fodder for this role. Sven Bender from the 2nd Division as his #6. He has this way of finding talent in places nobody else is looking.
Klopp did'nt sign Allan.

Offline BabuYagu

• Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
« Reply #396 on: September 29, 2017, 12:39:16 pm »
Klopp did'nt sign Allan.
I know. I think it seemed like that as I was mentioning transfers. It was a comment on the fact that people today look for big transfers to solve problems whereas Klopp looks to solve problems differently.

Offline Giono

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #397 on: September 29, 2017, 01:20:17 pm »

You don't think he is a possible #6? I really like his coolness under pressure w2ith the ball and his passing. Although he is only 20 and positionally may have a lot to learn.

Offline BabuYagu

• Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
« Reply #398 on: September 29, 2017, 04:22:53 pm »
You don't think he is a possible #6? I really like his coolness under pressure w2ith the ball and his passing. Although he is only 20 and positionally may have a lot to learn.
Yes, but unlikely for us just due to his size.

#6 is one of the only positions we can put heigh in our squad without losing something in our pressing game. Speed and agility on the turn are vital for pressing which makes short players more suitable. Plus the energy difference players expend pressing is much higher for bigger players so they tire, slow, press less effectively as games go on. I think this is a problem we have with Can (and will have with Grujic)

Plus we need that height at #6. We were just discussing this in the tactics thread - how our CB split and Henderson plays in front of them. He ends up hving to deal with a lot of clearances/long passes when attacks break down in the air competing against a striker who has dropped in to help the defence. The Hoffenheim penalty is a good example of this. It's one of the reasons the #6 in pressing sides always tends to be a big guy like Busquets, Weigl, Bender, Kehl, Wanyama, Dier.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #399 on: September 29, 2017, 05:02:01 pm »
Thought he looked tidy in that montage, made smart decisions and is a crisp passer.  Not really outstanding at anything, just a good footballer.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.