Author Topic: The Spurs situation  (Read 1941 times)

Offline Mirra

• The Cock of RAWK. desperately seeking two fat ladies. His ass found glass in the grass.
  • Legacy Fan
  • No one on the corner got a swagger like me
The Spurs situation
« on: January 9, 2004, 04:52:48 am »
Heard on sky sports news, McClintoch, Nicholas etc talking about the next Spurs boss. They were saying something about the next manager having to work under David Pleat, letting Pleat handle all transfers, and their dutys would simply be coaching the team and picking it.

Not sure if its true, but why does Pleat have a job for life at Tottenham? Well thats the way it seems to me anyway, surely he isnt needed if they bring in a new manager? And what manager would want to work under those terms?

Tottenham, got to love them (Well no you dont really, I hate the bastards) But its such a fickle club it makes me laugh anyway. Always a drama there.
Mirra, 7777 wake up the thread needs you!

Offline Zach

• In my humble opinion
  • Legacy Fan
Re: The Spurs situation
« Reply #1 on: January 9, 2004, 09:43:59 am »
I quite pity them, wanted them to do well just to piss off Arsenal and Chelsea, but they always roll over.

Must be very frustrating to be a Spurs fan.

Offline KOTP

• Arch Cunt + Official RAWK scarf swapper. Possibly the most laughably out-dated signature on the entire site, we hope.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2 on: January 9, 2004, 12:47:31 pm »
And what manager would want to work under those terms?

most managers work under those terms. at most european clubs transfers are mostly sorted by the clubs president or director of football,

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #3 on: January 9, 2004, 02:04:32 pm »
^ they may work under those conditions - but David Pleat?  ;D
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline Stevo

• Not unique in his worship of Erik Meijer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: January 9, 2004, 02:32:22 pm »
They're such a big club though.  ::)

Why does everyone at Spurs seem to think anyone else give's a shit about them?

Offline Armin

• Reformed RAWK Traitor
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm up on the pavement
  • Super Title: Keep off the Grass!
« Reply #5 on: January 9, 2004, 06:06:15 pm »
In revenue terms Spurs are amongst the top 25 clubs in Europe.  They are also the only member of that group never to have qualified for the champions league. 

Says it all really :D
Well, I don't know what it is, but there's definitely something going on upstairs

Offline Col

• Shaves his tongue and shares makeup tips. May be a little camp.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: January 9, 2004, 06:41:41 pm »
Apparently they think a new manager can bring them back to being a big club in England.  :-X
I don't have to sell my soul... he's already in me.

Offline Mirra

• The Cock of RAWK. desperately seeking two fat ladies. His ass found glass in the grass.
  • Legacy Fan
  • No one on the corner got a swagger like me
« Reply #7 on: January 9, 2004, 09:17:13 pm »
most managers work under those terms. at most european clubs transfers are mostly sorted by the clubs president or director of football,

I know that mate, but why does David Pleat need to be there? Why would a top European Coach or Top British coach want to work under him?
Mirra, 7777 wake up the thread needs you!