Author Topic: UK GE and Local Elections, plus polls, and policy.  (Read 42662 times)

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: UK GE and Local Elections, plus polls, and policy.
« Reply #1080 on: May 3, 2024, 08:43:05 pm »
BBC has them down 424.

Soz. I was following the Guardian feed. I guess it's behind.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #1081 on: May 3, 2024, 08:45:26 pm »
It's fine. It's 433 now :P

HAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHA

433 unemployed Tories.
433 tories that may start thinking how they may feed their families.
433 tories that may be thinking how they heat their homes in winter.
433 tories that may not know what the future holds for them

433 tories that I raise a glass to and laugh at the misfortune they find themselves in
« Last Edit: May 3, 2024, 08:51:01 pm by gazzalfc »

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1082 on: May 3, 2024, 08:48:02 pm »
It's fine. It's 485 now :P

HAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHA

Fucking hell! :lmao

Popcorn's Art

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #1083 on: May 3, 2024, 08:51:26 pm »
The Lib Dem candidate asking for people to vote for Khan

"Apart from the 'Look!" that's a decent letter. Well done lass.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #1084 on: May 3, 2024, 08:51:34 pm »
The Lib dems are now in councillor opposition to Labour

Offline Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1085 on: May 3, 2024, 08:59:05 pm »
The Lib dems are now in councillor opposition to Labour

Worth noting only for those up for election this week. Nationwide Tories still ahead of the Lib Dems.

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #1086 on: May 3, 2024, 09:01:53 pm »
 Fuckwitted Pob lookalike Michael Gove’s election agent, Steve Dorsett, has lost his seat on Woking council

:lmao :lmao
#Sausages

Offline whtwht

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1087 on: May 3, 2024, 09:05:50 pm »
Fck those Tories .. fck the Reformers . I was undecided and  voted Green.  Labour sort your shit out.
He'll win the league in the next 3 years. Quote me on that.
Quote me on this, but come next season he'll be great for us. Just needs to remove the walking headless chicken next to him

Online oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1088 on: May 3, 2024, 09:09:21 pm »
Worth noting only for those up for election this week. Nationwide Tories still ahead of the Lib Dems.
Yeah, only 1/3rd of seats were up for grabs last night, I don't think it's a bad way to have elections. it would be a opportunity to get rid of governments like this quicker anyway. can see the downside though. governments need time for policys to work.
It might take our producers five minutes to find 60 economists who feared Brexit and five hours to find a sole voice who espoused it.
“But by the time we went on air we simply had one of each; we presented this unequal effort to our audience as balance. It wasn’t.”
               Emily Maitlis

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1089 on: May 3, 2024, 09:10:06 pm »
Great to see the Tories get another smashing!

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #1090 on: May 3, 2024, 09:17:00 pm »
The Tories have lost Virginia Waters council.

For context, it’s where Cliff Richard’s mansion is. There are lots of houses like his.

Think Bentleys, tossers in pastel knitwear.. and they lost it.

That’s very very bad news for the Tories
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1091 on: May 3, 2024, 09:18:01 pm »
Thanks for the article. I'll read it when I haven't had a glass or two.

Agenda was in quotes, because it's generally used in a pejorative sense, with attendant sinister implications. If you meant it entirely in its more innocent, informative sense, then that's my misreading.

No you were right mate, I used it in both senses really. You weren't misreading or being unfair.

its entirely normal, and essentially the purpose, for a group like that to have an agenda so I don't mean it to sounds like a bad thing itself. however I do think their agenda does lead to many negative outcomes, some as unintended consequences to positive intent but also some as intended consequences of more sinister intent. that's just how it is with ideologues - they use beliefs, rather than science, to justify certain positions that don't seem to tally with what you'd expect of an organisation that purports to want to protect the environment (which, to me, should include people)

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1092 on: May 3, 2024, 09:21:49 pm »
I'm not totally shocked that some posters are attacking Thurnburg and other 'Green' groups.

Some of their views would fit well within Reform UK.
what the fuck is this shit?

apparently holding a (green) perspective that an individual should limit their global travel makes them far right?

lots of posters have been banned and muted for saying much less shitty things to label someone that the shit you're spewing here

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #1093 on: May 3, 2024, 09:45:50 pm »

For context, it’s where Cliff Richard’s mansion is. There are lots of houses like his.

Congratulations.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #1094 on: May 3, 2024, 09:47:35 pm »
I'd never heard of him till last week. A story popped up on Rollonfriday (a gossip site for lawyers) about him spouting some Tate-esque misogyny on a podcast. Vile chap.

A gossip site for lawyers?  I bet there's some really libellous stuff in there!
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #1095 on: May 3, 2024, 09:48:51 pm »

HAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHA

433 unemployed Tories.

433 tories that I raise a glass to and laugh at the misfortune they find themselves in

It's a lifestyle choice remember..
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #1096 on: May 3, 2024, 09:48:59 pm »
Projections from BBC and Sky are interesting. Almost as if as bad as the Tories can be there's still an element of the country voting for them.

Who'd believe it

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Batshit fucker and Chief Yuletide Porcine Voyeur
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1097 on: May 3, 2024, 09:50:56 pm »
I think that is the number of seats they have won (not gained, I hasten to add). And the Tories have, so far, lost 433 Councillors. At least according the BBC.
would rather have a wank wearing a barb wire glove
If you're chasing thrills, try a bit of auto-asphyxiation with a poppers-soaked orange in your gob.

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1098 on: May 3, 2024, 09:55:01 pm »
I'm not totally shocked that some posters are attacking Thurnburg and other 'Green' groups.

Some of their views would fit well within Reform UK.

How would they fit within Reform?
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1099 on: May 3, 2024, 10:00:06 pm »
Fck those Tories .. fck the Reformers . I was undecided and  voted Green.  Labour sort your shit out.

The only way anyone can be genuinely undecided is if it's unclear who are the main contestors of any seat opposite the Tories. I voted Labour and my ward returned Labour councillors with not huge majorities. In the GE I will vote Lib Dem as they have far more wards than Labour in the constituency.
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1100 on: May 3, 2024, 10:15:18 pm »

HAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHA

433 unemployed Tories.

Benefits office is going to be jammed Tuesday…

Online oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1101 on: May 3, 2024, 10:28:41 pm »
The only way anyone can be genuinely undecided is if it's unclear who are the main contestors of any seat opposite the Tories. I voted Labour and my ward returned Labour councillors with not huge majorities. In the GE I will vote Lib Dem as they have far more wards than Labour in the constituency.
Exactly, I had put a lot of the Tory losses down to Tactical voting, maybe not though, it will happen at the GE.
The message to be sent to the Torys can't be overstated, they have to be taught a lesson they will never forget, they lied and conned the country for a few yrs but they will pay the price for decades to come. that can only happen if people vote tactically,  cut the number of seats with split votes between Labour and Lib Dems letting the Torys in, if people really want to work it up the Torys then this has to happen, the Torys will be dreading this happening, they would s,,, themselves with good reason.
It might take our producers five minutes to find 60 economists who feared Brexit and five hours to find a sole voice who espoused it.
“But by the time we went on air we simply had one of each; we presented this unequal effort to our audience as balance. It wasn’t.”
               Emily Maitlis

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1102 on: May 3, 2024, 10:31:58 pm »
This tweet for the last mayoral election

Senior Shaun Bailey source tells Guido off the back of this, “it’s closer than everyone thinks. Still a long way to go though, but Shaun will have beaten the polls by a fair whack”

“He’s polling above the party” 🍿

So, don’t panic over the London mayor too much
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline cornishscouser92

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1103 on: May 3, 2024, 10:39:53 pm »
You miss 100% of the shots you don't take.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1104 on: May 3, 2024, 10:45:22 pm »
This tweet for the last mayoral election

So, don’t panic over the London mayor too much

Yeah Khan will win, its never in doubt.

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1105 on: May 3, 2024, 10:47:33 pm »
This is worse than their worst expectations, but still the Tory press say that they faired better than expected.
W

Offline cornishscouser92

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1106 on: May 3, 2024, 10:55:02 pm »
The Election Maps UK now cast which gives Labour 448 seats if an election were to take place today (takes into account Welsh, Scottish, London and GB wide polls). It predicted Blackpool south would see Lab with 54.4% of the vote and Tories with 22%, actual results Labour got 58.9% and the Tories 17.5%. So Labour over perform and Tories underperform, that 448 might be a bit small…
« Last Edit: May 3, 2024, 11:08:04 pm by cornishscouser92 »

Offline west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
« Reply #1107 on: May 3, 2024, 11:35:43 pm »

Thats as bouji as you can get, Royal Wentworth Golf course is down the road, there’s a fuck off expensive International school etc it is literally money that area for anyone not familiar with it, no way else to describe it, but at the same time I’d also it’s surprising rather then shocking. Without checking the referendum results, it’s the kind of area I could imagine voted Remain, bankers, lawyers, business executives, educated people etc the kind of people who I can imagine are struggling to stay with the Tories as they try and compete with Deform.
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.

Offline cornishscouser92

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1108 on: May 3, 2024, 11:38:35 pm »
The West Sussex results were mental, the Tories have lost the Chichester/West Sussex seat in a GE once since 1840, in 1910. They're in big trouble.

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #1109 on: May 4, 2024, 12:49:37 am »
The Tories could still lose Harlow, they have a one seat majority on that council, however one of the Tory councillors is being investigated over comments he made.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/cqlngzgwvp9o
#Sausages

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #1110 on: May 4, 2024, 07:38:21 am »
Projections from BBC and Sky are interesting. Almost as if as bad as the Tories can be there's still an element of the country voting for them.

Who'd believe it

They'll still get 20-something per cent of the vote in the general election and maybe 30% (even Corbyn's Labour got 32% in the landslide of 2019)

It's just how much Reform eat into their vote and whether they get double figures in vote percentage. Ultimately they're losing the Right to reform and the moderates have been turned off the party, and there's no bogeyman of Corbyn to get them out to vote, as Starmer is moderate enough for them to not fear Labour. You therefore wonder just who is voting for them now, except for the rich which isn't exactly a huge cohort. Bribing people with tax cuts won't cut it either after Truss's financial illiteracy.

Labour and Lib Dems will get over half the vote.
« Last Edit: May 4, 2024, 07:43:10 am by Fromola »
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1111 on: May 4, 2024, 07:45:54 am »
The West Sussex results were mental, the Tories have lost the Chichester/West Sussex seat in a GE once since 1840, in 1910. They're in big trouble.

They must nearly all be fearing for their seats at the election.

If Reform do well and Lab/Lib/Green form pacts, and with strong canvassing, then it's hard to say they've got many seats that are rock solid. Ultimately Lab/Lib/Green will split the left/centre vote enough in many seats for them to sneak by.

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #1112 on: May 4, 2024, 07:49:24 am »
They'll still get 20-something per cent of the vote in the general election and maybe 30% (even Corbyn's Labour got 32% in the landslide of 2019)

It's just how much Reform eat into their vote and whether they get double figures in vote percentage. Ultimately they're losing the Right to reform and the moderates have been turned off the party, and there's no bogeyman of Corbyn to get them out to vote, as Starmer is moderate enough for them to not fear Labour. You therefore wonder just who is voting for them now, except for the rich which isn't exactly a huge cohort. Bribing people with tax cuts won't cut it either after Truss's financial illiteracy.

Labour and Lib Dems will get over half the vote.

I get that, my point is they'll not do as bad as some of the polls suggest.

There's been some saying less than 100 seats. I'd be shocked if it's below 160

Offline Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1113 on: May 4, 2024, 07:53:53 am »

It's hard to measure seats against vote percentage with FPTP though.

Fine margins determine a lot of seats and it can go either way. The Tories won 165 seats in 1997 which was a landslide defeat but they did get over 30% of the vote at that election. They could be nearer 20% this time, particularly with Reform.

I don't think they can bank on any of their seats as a cert, but I don't think they'll get much more than 100.

« Last Edit: May 4, 2024, 07:56:27 am by Fromola »

Offline Circa1892

• Real Madrid 0 - 1 Liverpool - Parc des Princes, 27th May 1981 Remember?... About as intimidating as Bambi.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1114 on: May 4, 2024, 08:22:15 am »
Yeah voter percentages are irrelevant.

Labour seems to have lost a lot of votes in incredibly safe urban areas and gained votes where they need to win. Their vote has been unusually efficient.

Where the vote split has had a big impact (looks like it will in WM) it wouldn’t be enough to swing seats in an election. Unless anything changes its in the bag - which will be devastating no doubt to some in here.

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Veo, to his mates. Shares 50% of his DNA with a banana. Would dearly love to strangle Frankengoose. Lo! Be he not ye Messiah, verily be he a child of questionable conduct in the eyes of Ye Holy Border Guards.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I... think I am, therefore...I....maybe.
« Reply #1115 on: May 4, 2024, 08:24:41 am »

Being shocked is quite normal nowadays, almost expected.
NAKED BOOBERY

Rile-Me costed L. Nee-Naw "The Child" Torrence the first jack the hat-trick since Eon Rush vs Accursed Toffos, many moons passed. Nee-Naw he could have done a concreted his palace in the pantyhose off the LibPole Gods...was not was for the invented intervention of Rile-Me whistler.

Offline Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1116 on: May 4, 2024, 08:26:47 am »
They must nearly all be fearing for their seats at the election.

If Reform do well and Lab/Lib/Green form pacts, and with strong canvassing, then it's hard to say they've got many seats that are rock solid. Ultimately Lab/Lib/Green will split the left/centre vote enough in many seats for them to sneak by.

Reform has done horrifically, less than 10 seats yet all over the bbc, where are the greens who have done brilliantly.

Offline west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
« Reply #1117 on: May 4, 2024, 08:46:27 am »
Reform has done horrifically, less than 10 seats yet all over the bbc, where are the greens who have done brilliantly.

Reform didn’t field that many candidates, that’s why these results are worse for the Tories than they look. Come the GE the Tories will lose more votes to Reform than they have in these elections.
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.

Offline Draex

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1118 on: May 4, 2024, 09:04:01 am »
Reform didn’t field that many candidates, that’s why these results are worse for the Tories than they look. Come the GE the Tories will lose more votes to Reform than they have in these elections.

They won 1 seat, the workers party won more.

It's the fawning over the media over them I cant stand.

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1119 on: May 4, 2024, 09:06:04 am »

And presumably, the Tories will lose more votes to Reform than Labour will to independents protesting Gaza.

Popcorn's Art