Author Topic: Ask the next person a question  (Read 549272 times)

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Ask the next person a question
« Reply #10520 on: September 5, 2021, 02:40:57 pm »
H'mmmm let me think about that.  Sir John Hall, Kevin Keegan and a team known as "The Entertainers" versus Fat Mike fucking Ashley, Steve fucking Bruce and Joe fucking Linton.  No, my Da would have took me fishing or something instead of the match.

Which music was the best?
50's, 60's, 70's 80's or 90's?
Easily the 70's, Led Zep, Pink Floyd, Stones, Who, Bowie, The Clash, Sex Pistols, Ramones, Talking Heads, Bob Marley, Joy Division, Motown.

Who's been the best Prime Minister in your lifetime.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #10521 on: September 5, 2021, 02:59:22 pm »
Easily the 70's, Led Zep, Pink Floyd, Stones, Who, Bowie, The Clash, Sex Pistols, Ramones, Talking Heads, Bob Marley, Joy Division, Motown.

Who's been the best Prime Minister in your lifetime.
Tony Blair. It’s not hard, he’s up against Brown, Cameron, May and the current sociopath. I was born during the middle of Major’s reign, but too young to remember a thing about him.

Given a magical voucher that can buy you an amazing house or residence. Just one. Countryside or City?
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
« Reply #10522 on: September 5, 2021, 03:49:29 pm »
Tony Blair. It’s not hard, he’s up against Brown, Cameron, May and the current sociopath. I was born during the middle of Major’s reign, but too young to remember a thing about him.

Given a magical voucher that can buy you an amazing house or residence. Just one. Countryside or City?

Countryside every day, having lived in the city centre/inner London for nearly 6 years now I'm craving suburban quiet, but a country pile would be perfect. Also, probably a better asset to keep. Also, easier to stock and defend when society collapses.

On that note, do you think AI will eventually take over the planet and human race?
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Offline Jono69

• Legacy Fan
  • You make pigs smoke!
« Reply #10523 on: September 5, 2021, 03:52:29 pm »

Countryside without a doubt . I grew up in a smallish village and loved it . Live in Leeds now but on the outskirts so behind us we have the local football club and then the motorway after that but must be a good mile or so,  so in general it's a very quiet area and a few hundreds metres walk to the bus stop and we can be in Leeds city centre in 10 mins

Favorite takeaway

If you see a lovely field with a family having a picnic, and a nice pond in it, you fill in the pond with concrete, you plow the family into the soil, you blow up the tree, and use the leaves to make a dress for your wife who is also your brother.

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10524 on: September 5, 2021, 05:45:41 pm »
A place near my house called Pizza Palace. Love their meat feast pizzas, they really aren't shy with the toppings and often give me free sauces, free stuffed crust etc for being a regular.

What is the hardest bit of physical activity you've done that's that left you gasping for breath and almost at death's door?

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10525 on: September 5, 2021, 11:16:27 pm »
A place near my house called Pizza Palace. Love their meat feast pizzas, they really aren't shy with the toppings and often give me free sauces, free stuffed crust etc for being a regular.

What is the hardest bit of physical activity you've done that's that left you gasping for breath and almost at death's door?
A couple stick in the mind, one was an actual dangerous situation where a friend and I got stuck in a silt bog - scrambling round trying to reach the bank whilst pulling each other out of the bog and trying desperately not to sink deeper - I think we were maybe 12 at the time - I still remember as being pretty terrifying and lying there when we got out absolutely knackered.

Other one was self-inflicted, I run a lot and was doing a track session last year where to hit the target time I needed I had to close the final 800m in just shy of two minutes. Didn’t quite get there, put gigantic effort in and towards the final 30m it felt like my legs were buckling, ears popping and I literally started to lose vision, all spots over my sight. Never experienced that sort of physical strain before.

Worst part about moving house?
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #10526 on: September 6, 2021, 07:20:53 am »
Probably best asking what's the best thing.

I hate every minute of it. The worst part is just when you get everything in and there's no room to do anything and you have no idea where anything is.

Would you say you sleep well during the normal working week?

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10527 on: September 6, 2021, 12:03:00 pm »
Probably best asking what's the best thing.

I hate every minute of it. The worst part is just when you get everything in and there's no room to do anything and you have no idea where anything is.

Would you say you sleep well during the normal working week?
No and I haven't for years. A great night's sleep for me during the work week is six hours where I only wake up once.

Do you think the government will enact any quick changes to avoid the price and supply crisis that is worsening due to the driver shortage (UK)?

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #10528 on: September 10, 2021, 12:53:33 pm »
No and I haven't for years. A great night's sleep for me during the work week is six hours where I only wake up once.

Do you think the government will enact any quick changes to avoid the price and supply crisis that is worsening due to the driver shortage (UK)?

No. The shit that is going to hit the fan won't affect them in the slightest. So they don't give a shit.

---------------

If you were an alien player in a seamless virtual reality game that lasted seventy to a hundred years and this was the game that was so real that you forget it's a game while you're in it, how could you ever know? How could you ever find out if you were the only 'real' person in it and how can you find out of any of the stuff exists or if everyone else is an AI?
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline ianburns252

• RAWK Economist not the MP spelling and Crosby background differentiate
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Gentleman in the streets; freak in the spreadsheet
Re: Ask the next person a question.........
« Reply #10529 on: September 10, 2021, 01:09:24 pm »
I've sold many a woman for a quick buck, but never for a mate.

How profusely do you sweat?

So having just found this thread - I didn't realise that Prince Andrew was knocking about here back in the day...

To Andy's question - presumably when you eventually die and you get the "game over" screen come up with your points and completion score?

If you could be a member of any band (use this in the loosest sense possible), which band and who would you be kicking out to get yourself in?

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #10530 on: September 10, 2021, 01:25:58 pm »

So having just found this thread - I didn't realise that Prince Andrew was knocking about here back in the day...

To Andy's question - presumably when you eventually die and you get the "game over" screen come up with your points and completion score?

If you could be a member of any band (use this in the loosest sense possible), which band and who would you be kicking out to get yourself in?

The Wurzels.

How could you find out while you were IN the game rather than at the end?

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10531 on: September 10, 2021, 10:33:39 pm »
The Wurzels.

How could you find out while you were IN the game rather than at the end?
Unravelling the thread of some uncanny valley shit? They say that a human mind will never be fully convinced by an AI of humanity, so maybe something wouldn’t quite feel right. Have you been watching the new Matrix trailer perchance?

What’s the best restaurant you’ve ever been to? (Mine’s a little place in Florence called Trattoria La Casalinga).

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
« Reply #10532 on: September 11, 2021, 08:15:39 pm »
Unravelling the thread of some uncanny valley shit? They say that a human mind will never be fully convinced by an AI of humanity, so maybe something wouldn’t quite feel right. Have you been watching the new Matrix trailer perchance?

What’s the best restaurant you’ve ever been to? (Mine’s a little place in Florence called Trattoria La Casalinga).

Funnily enough, even before I saw your brackets, my mind went to a small Florentine restaurant we went to that did the best steak I've ever tasted. Recently it was probably the Higher Buck in Waddington, Lancashire, which does a glorious menu for not much money, relatively speaking.

Do you think AI will ever take over the world and if so, how?
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10533 on: September 23, 2021, 01:15:08 pm »
Not in our lifetimes

Are you going on holiday next year?

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #10534 on: September 23, 2021, 03:59:55 pm »
Not in our lifetimes

Are you going on holiday next year?

Next year and tomorrow.

Milan, Vegas and Chicago next year.

If you could give 16 year old you some advice. What would it be?

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #10535 on: September 23, 2021, 04:03:52 pm »
If you could give 16 year old you some advice. What would it be?

Buy £20,000 of bitcoin in 2009 and sell on 15th April 2021.

Summer or winter?

Offline tray fenny

• virtue signaling keyboard warrior
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10536 on: September 23, 2021, 04:18:23 pm »
not all that keen on winter, enjoy the clothes but not the cold, dark, wet never ending shite weather. Summer on the other hand is great.

Have you ever encountered love at first sight and did you act upon it or did you not and subsequently regret it to this day?
'Germany are a very difficult team to play, they had 11 internationals out there today.' - Steve Lomas

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10537 on: September 23, 2021, 04:20:47 pm »
not all that keen on winter, enjoy the clothes but not the cold, dark, wet never ending shite weather. Summer on the other hand is great.

Have you ever encountered love at first sight and did you act upon it or did you not and subsequently regret it to this day?
Not sure about love at first sight but certainly infatuation and no, and I do sometimes think about it still from time to time. Don't know if I regret it or not. I have what if moments.

First Football game you ever attended?

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #10538 on: September 23, 2021, 04:27:59 pm »
Not sure about love at first sight but certainly infatuation and no, and I do sometimes think about it still from time to time. Don't know if I regret it or not. I have what if moments.

First Football game you ever attended?

Think my dad took me to a Liverpool v Everton reserves game at Anfield on a Saturday morning but I genuinely could be imagining it!

First proper game we lost 2-0 to Sheffield Wednesday, September 1984 so I would only have been 5! Lost the first two games I went to!

Aside from football, what sports do you go and watch live, and what have to seen the most?

Offline JC the Messiah

• Legacy Fan
  • ♪ ...and now Jürgen-a believe us... ♬
« Reply #10539 on: September 23, 2021, 04:30:34 pm »
Think my dad took me to a Liverpool v Everton reserves game at Anfield on a Saturday morning but I genuinely could be imagining it!

First proper game we lost 2-0 to Sheffield Wednesday, September 1984 so I would only have been 5! Lost the first two games I went to!

Aside from football, what sports do you go and watch live, and what have to seen the most?

Rugby League is the main one. Wigan fan.

What's the most 'spur of the moment' thing you've ever done?
"I said to the boys before the game it would be impossible. But because it’s you, I say we have a chance."
Jürgen Klopp, 7 May 2019

"I told them if we score it will be different. We scored. It was different."
Rafael Benitez, 25 May 2005

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10540 on: September 23, 2021, 04:43:52 pm »
Rugby League is the main one. Wigan fan.

What's the most 'spur of the moment' thing you've ever done?
Decided to turn a 3 week interrailing trip into 3 months because a girl I fancied batted her lashes at me. Was a good shout in the end though, met some mint people and saw some parts of Europe I didn't even know really existed. Has given me a lot of good stories too, even though ultimately it didn't really lead very far with the girl.

Would you rather be given £500k and remain anonymous, or £3m but become famous?

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10541 on: September 23, 2021, 06:44:29 pm »
£3m and famous. Always said that I'd love to be rich and famous just to see which family members who wouldn't even say hello to me would come up acting like my best friend hoping for a handout.

If you won the lottery, say £100m, what would you first three purchases/investments be?

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #10542 on: September 23, 2021, 07:01:25 pm »
If you won the lottery, say £100m, what would you first three purchases/investments be?

House for me, buy my parents house from them, a long holiday. Closely followed by some money for family.

To keep on the same theme... would you rather £1m right now, or £10,000 a month for the next 25yrs?

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10543 on: September 24, 2021, 07:09:00 am »
House for me, buy my parents house from them, a long holiday. Closely followed by some money for family.

To keep on the same theme... would you rather £1m right now, or £10,000 a month for the next 25yrs?
10k a month easy

What's your dream job, realistically?

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10544 on: September 24, 2021, 07:39:11 am »
10k a month easy

What's your dream job, realistically?

Fighter pilot, going short sighted at 14 killed my ambitions to fly for the RAF.

What's the worst job you have ever had?
Jurgen YNWA

Offline spen71

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10545 on: September 24, 2021, 08:22:43 am »
Fighter pilot, going short sighted at 14 killed my ambitions to fly for the RAF.

What's the worst job you have ever had?

Chicken factory in deeside.     I lasted two days!

What song makes you feel like crying?

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #10546 on: September 24, 2021, 09:32:10 am »

Wonderful World

If a fox was wearing mittens, how long would it take it to eat a banana?

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #10547 on: September 24, 2021, 10:04:21 am »
Wonderful World

If a fox was wearing mittens, how long would it take it to eat a banana?

Don't know.

What was your favourite subject at school?
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #10548 on: September 24, 2021, 10:09:03 am »
Don't know.

What was your favourite subject at school?

History, for the most part.

Where’s the furthest from home you’ve ever been?

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10549 on: September 24, 2021, 10:10:24 am »

Ive worked there, I didnt last either
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline ...

• Better than "Wall's Viennetta". Fact.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10550 on: September 24, 2021, 10:10:42 am »

Tenerife. I haven't been abroad for 11 years, mad.

What's the best fast food franchise in the UK?

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10551 on: September 24, 2021, 10:17:10 am »

Boracay in Philippines

Do any famous people know who you are
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #10552 on: September 24, 2021, 10:20:13 am »
Boracay in Philippines

Do any famous people know who you are

Yeah, had a car crash with ex-Leicester player Steve Walsh which he caused and tried to 'no win, no fee' claim off me for causing a knee injury even though his whole career was blighted by them (the fucking tramp)

Would you take Brexit being wiped out if it meant a Tory government for the next 20 years?
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10553 on: September 24, 2021, 11:53:46 am »
Yeah, had a car crash with ex-Leicester player Steve Walsh which he caused and tried to 'no win, no fee' claim off me for causing a knee injury even though his whole career was blighted by them (the fucking tramp)

Would you take Brexit being wiped out if it meant a Tory government for the next 20 years?
Fuck what a vile question. Probably not, as I'd hope against hope that within the next two decades we'd have a government that will re-enroll us. Maybe 20 years isn't long enough to kill off the high proportion of gammons in the older population.

Were you good at anything as a kid that brought you enjoyment and you don't even do it now? Why?

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10554 on: September 24, 2021, 12:57:00 pm »
Fuck what a vile question. Probably not, as I'd hope against hope that within the next two decades we'd have a government that will re-enroll us. Maybe 20 years isn't long enough to kill off the high proportion of gammons in the older population.

Were you good at anything as a kid that brought you enjoyment and you don't even do it now? Why?
I was a brilliant footballer. Used to score goals for fun at school tournaments, everyone just used to pass it to me and let me score brilliant solo goals. But unfortunately my knees were made of glass and it turned out I loved food too much.

If someone abducted you right now and dropped you off at Sentinel Island, would you try to fight off the natives or join them?

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10555 on: September 24, 2021, 03:32:14 pm »
I was a brilliant footballer. Used to score goals for fun at school tournaments, everyone just used to pass it to me and let me score brilliant solo goals. But unfortunately my knees were made of glass and it turned out I loved food too much.

If someone abducted you right now and dropped you off at Sentinel Island, would you try to fight off the natives or join them?
Not sure I'd be great in a scrap with them given their recent track record with visitors and not sure how they'd take to someone trying to assimilate, given their historical track record with that too. Probably assimilation, I'm not gonna be able to fight all of them.

What 'brand' are you most loyal to?

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #10556 on: September 25, 2021, 09:40:11 am »
Not sure I'd be great in a scrap with them given their recent track record with visitors and not sure how they'd take to someone trying to assimilate, given their historical track record with that too. Probably assimilation, I'm not gonna be able to fight all of them.

What 'brand' are you most loyal to?

Do I dare call LFC a brand... I mean otherwise I’d not say I’m that loyal to any but I do like to shop at All Saints quite a lot and do like my Mac and iPhone so I’d guess one of those two.

If you had to give up listening to music or watching TV (all forms) which would you choose?

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10557 on: September 25, 2021, 11:56:36 am »
Can live without music no problem. No TV would be unbelievably difficult though so no TV it is.

Predictions for our game vs Brentford and also the AJ v Usyk fight?

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10558 on: September 25, 2021, 04:08:53 pm »
Liverpool 2-1 win, Joshua to get moved around a fair bit for 5-6 rounds before catching Usyk with the kind of power he’s not experienced before and dropping him.

Musician or band you’ve seen most times live?

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #10559 on: September 25, 2021, 04:13:04 pm »
Liverpool 2-1 win, Joshua to get moved around a fair bit for 5-6 rounds before catching Usyk with the kind of power he’s not experienced before and dropping him.

Musician or band you’ve seen most times live?

The Verve/Richard Ashcroft

When was the last time you cried?