Author Topic: Arsenal  (Read 5739654 times)

Offline jimbo1962

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: General Arsenal Thread
« Reply #41280 on: February 4, 2017, 01:04:00 pm »
Which is impressive given we beat them earlier this season so where are Chelsea getting the six points?

Seems like.....

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #41281 on: February 4, 2017, 01:14:06 pm »
seems like Chelsea are guaranteed 6 points every season...against Arsenal
look up " Bottler " in the pictionary and you'll see a picture of Arsenal V Chelsea

There is another half to go yet.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline cornelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Beware the beast man, for he is the Devil's pawn"
« Reply #41282 on: February 4, 2017, 01:14:17 pm »
Don't seem to have much luck Arsenal. Ozil and Sanchez always out injured in these big games.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #41283 on: February 4, 2017, 01:33:41 pm »

Seems like.....

Do they get three points per half?!

No wonder they're winning the league
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41284 on: February 4, 2017, 01:37:17 pm »
Do they get three points per half?!

No wonder they're winning the league

Maybe that's what Klopp meant when he said about us being smarter like Chelsea.  ;D

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41285 on: February 4, 2017, 01:41:05 pm »
They've yet to host Man City and Man United at Emirates and travel to Anfield and White Hart Lane.
Plenty of potential there to be dispatched from Top four by their direct rivals.

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
« Reply #41286 on: February 4, 2017, 02:18:39 pm »
Every year the same time  :lmao

Offline dimwit

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • this is what depression will do to you
« Reply #41287 on: February 4, 2017, 02:24:12 pm »
Why bendover?

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #41288 on: February 4, 2017, 02:24:36 pm »
Can't wait to get these lot up to Anfield in a few weeks.

Awful

Offline ynwa25

• Main Stander
« Reply #41289 on: February 4, 2017, 02:26:40 pm »
Poor Claude  :lmao

Offline child-in-time

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41290 on: February 4, 2017, 02:29:24 pm »
But but but Giroud scored at the end! So close.
We shall meet in the place where there is no darkness.

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41291 on: February 4, 2017, 02:30:59 pm »
Waits patiently for arsenal fan TV vids
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline Iska

• Legacy Fan
  • The only club that matters
« Reply #41292 on: February 4, 2017, 02:35:19 pm »
But but but Giroud scored at the end! So close.
Makes it an aggregate victory don't you know.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41293 on: February 4, 2017, 02:39:04 pm »
Can't wait to get these lot up to Anfield in a few weeks.

Awful

Apart from that trashing we gave them, they have a decent record at Anfield in recent years, it's mostly draws. The previous win before we beat them 5-1 ,was 4-1 when Crouch scored a hat-trick in 2007!

Offline Cliff Bastin

• Big Exeter fan, pretending to be a gooner, pretending...yawn
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41294 on: February 4, 2017, 02:39:47 pm »
Wenger has thrown in the towel and has given up, so the fans have given up on him. Time to go Arsene.

Offline please, I have my reasons for it but...

• In the grander scheme of things, most definitely has meaning and most definitely has purpose. History Maker.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41295 on: February 4, 2017, 02:46:23 pm »
Finished at the age of 26. The Mike Tyson of football.

Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/omar_12590

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41296 on: February 4, 2017, 02:48:36 pm »
Wenger has thrown in the towel and has given up, so the fans have given up on him. Time to go Arsene.

He's not even trying these days.
Just repeats his same old formula over and over with predictably same results.
No inspiration with transfers either, no shuffling of formations, nothing, and most of all - he himself is as inspiring as a wet sock.
Wenger reeks of old farts and stale bread.

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
« Reply #41297 on: February 4, 2017, 02:49:59 pm »
Bit slim pickings when it comes to good available managers though.

Offline McrRed

• Member of International Hill Climbers Group. Only gets happy endings at Christmas.
  • Legacy Fan
  • In the town where I was born
« Reply #41298 on: February 4, 2017, 02:56:06 pm »

http://www.nndb.com/people/195/000022129/

Offline BlackandWhitePaul

• Principled Newcastle fan- who gave up following his team rather than support Saudi takeover
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41299 on: February 4, 2017, 02:56:53 pm »
No chance. last two seasons up at their place we draw 1-1 and lost just 1-0. It be close game between the best two teams in the league in my view and i think its out toughest away game but think we can win their. They not faced a defence like ours all season or player like ozil in league this year.
If only you were still here     :(

Online ScottishGoon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #41300 on: February 4, 2017, 02:57:33 pm »
He's not even trying these days.
Just repeats his same old formula over and over with predictably same results.
No inspiration with transfers either, no shuffling of formations, nothing, and most of all - he himself is as inspiring as a wet sock.
Wenger reeks of old farts and stale bread.

Exactly. Do something different, I know we were kind of decimated in midfield, but take Ozil out who offers little in these games. Start Wellbeck left forward, press high up & try & push the full backs back. Use the extra body in midfield so it's more a traditional 433 to try & restrict the counter. There's just nothing really offered tactically though, it's just seems it's putting a team on the park & letting them play without much thought or instruction.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #41301 on: February 4, 2017, 03:05:51 pm »
Exactly. Do something different, I know we were kind of decimated in midfield, but take Ozil out who offers little in these games. Start Wellbeck left forward, press high up & try & push the full backs back. Use the extra body in midfield so it's more a traditional 433 to try & restrict the counter. There's just nothing really offered tactically though, it's just seems it's putting a team on the park & letting them play without much thought or instruction.

What do Arsenal fans actually think about Ozil. He just seems a player who flatters to deceive to me, always has. Up for it when its an easy game, but goes missing when a bit of fight is needed. I know he can do some lovely passing from time to time, but he doesn't seem to do it consistently.

Online ScottishGoon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #41302 on: February 4, 2017, 03:14:06 pm »
What do Arsenal fans actually think about Ozil. He just seems a player who flatters to deceive to me, always has. Up for it when its an easy game, but goes missing when a bit of fight is needed. I know he can do some lovely passing from time to time, but he doesn't seem to do it consistently.

For me, like I mention above, I'd be tempted to leave him out of the big away games. He doesn't offer much, & for me we could get a much better balance if we drop the 4231 & go with 433, with pace & power up front, & the extra security another body would give you in midfield.

Offline Cliff Bastin

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #41303 on: February 4, 2017, 03:28:40 pm »
He is managed poorly by Wenger.

Offline Cliff Bastin

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #41304 on: February 4, 2017, 03:46:28 pm »
It has been an issue for well over 6-7 years now with Wenger and big away games, even games away to the likes of Stoke and all those clanger teams, he just can't adapt anymore. He changes the formation rarely, doesn't set the team up away from home at these types of grounds to stop the other team and then take advantage of open spaces with counter attacking or press high up the pitch.

The amount of times I have seen Sanchez this season urging his team to push up is ridiculous but all that shows you is how important a manager is. The manager is the person who organizes the team and the instructions to the collective unit show on the pitch. So if the team is COACHED to press higher up the pitch, you will rarely see Sanchez waving his team mates up.

Wenger literally does nothing, he just allows the games to play out. He isn't even reactive, nothing changes throughout the matches. We just get swamped in the middle of the pitch and leave ourselves open against top sides like Chelsea.

Wenger should announce his departure as soon as possible. Leave after the season is over and give the fans a home game to give him a fond farewell once we know the Wenger era is over. He has been magnificent for our football club but every great thing has to come to end.

Unfortunately for us it hasn't been great for a long time now and the worst thing of all is how repetitive it is. I have no doubt the majority of Arsenal fans now want a new manager. I can not fathom a majority of the Arsenal fanbase wanting Wenger to stay on.

I think he knows this and I think he will do the right thing and leave in the summer. He seems lost and actually commented about the fans a couple of days ago. He knows his time is up as it is just getting worse for him as far as the fans reaction to him is concerned.

Online The North Bank

• Can even make the sun shine in Manchester - once in a blue moon...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41305 on: February 4, 2017, 05:20:38 pm »
I think Wenger should go, for his own sake. Its a shame if he ends up being remembered in a bad way as someone who ruined arsenal, rather than for the amazing things he did at the club.
Its the same arsenal we've seen for years. This match I've seen at least 10 times already.
If we end up in the top 4 it would be because someone has decided to collapse and let us in.
Got very little interest in the league season from here on in. Only Bayern and the fa cup interest me now. League season well over, top 4 I can't get excited about.

Offline MagicHat

• Seeks SingleBunny For Professional Relationship And Cosy Nights In
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41306 on: February 4, 2017, 05:40:24 pm »

Top drawer player, somewhat erratic in big games for us (some good, some not so good to say the least) but he is a player who needs certain things to be going on around him. He is a man who picks the passes and makes runs though should get more goals then he does, if the midfield is losing control as we do too often in big games then he isn't going to win that battle. If we aren't making the right runs, he can't pick a pass. There is a case for dropping him for a more battling three in certain games but he is not the problem

Its a shame if he ends up being remembered in a bad way as someone who ruined arsenal,

The glories of the old will still outshine the bad of recent years however much now is the time for him to go.

In a game like this, one needs to be able to defend. Chelsea can as nearly every game, they put up a formidable barrier and I imagine Conte will be working them on setplays after today. We can't keep a cleansheet at all. Cech's error for the third? That can happen. The first two goals? You don't see Chelsea conceding too many of those but every week, you see Arsenal conceding things like that. Not quick enough to read the danger, a bit sloppy, time and time again this season. Once we conceded the first, you knew we would making ourselves utterly vulnerable to counter-attacks and so we did, no "keep our heads, keep it tight", we left gap after gap for the front three to hit. Wenger has actually coached good defences but he only does it for a spell, usually when a season has gone wrong, and then seems to forget the need to do it the next season.

Felt our midfield tactics were pretty good in first half, we competed well there but Wenger proceeded to spend the entire second half tearing that up, allowing the game to get further and further away from us as he unbalanced the team. Wenger has moments of inspiration but as a tactician, he has never been good. Our attack never functioned, we had two (I think) chances from open play, it was from good setplays that we had our best moments but we needed more of a cutting edge.

Groundhog day though overall.
« Last Edit: February 4, 2017, 05:44:22 pm by MagicHat »

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41307 on: February 4, 2017, 05:55:58 pm »
So we're competing who can be more shite between the two of our clubs.

Offline rscanderlech

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #41308 on: February 4, 2017, 05:57:15 pm »
Sadly, i think we are winning that competition.

Arsenal are going to face Bayern munich in the champions league knockouts soon...

Online The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #41309 on: February 4, 2017, 06:01:55 pm »

Both making a good fist of it too.
If we make a team of those players who really shouldn't be at our clubs, I think we can get close to a full squad .

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #41310 on: February 4, 2017, 06:03:32 pm »
Both making a good fist of it too.
If we make a team of those players who really shouldn't be at our clubs, I think we can get close to a full squad .

Bottling c*nts on both sides really. Like clockwork, predictable. Very similar in many aspects right now at least.

Offline Ashburton

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #41311 on: February 4, 2017, 06:07:42 pm »
I think Wenger should go, for his own sake. Its a shame if he ends up being remembered in a bad way as someone who ruined arsenal, rather than for the amazing things he did at the club.
Its the same arsenal we've seen for years. This match I've seen at least 10 times already.
If we end up in the top 4 it would be because someone has decided to collapse and let us in.
Got very little interest in the league season from here on in. Only Bayern and the fa cup interest me now. League season well over, top 4 I can't get excited about.

Exactly the same sentiment from myself.  Absolutely spineless, you can set your watch by our February capitulations.

Offline Coat Of Arms

• Main Stander
  • Some men just want to watch the Woodburn
« Reply #41312 on: February 4, 2017, 06:10:02 pm »

I don't think he'd ever be remembered as ruining Arsenal would he? Arsenal have stagnated but you're still an ever present champions league club with a decent squad with money to spend. A decent platform for the next man I'd say.

Online The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #41313 on: February 4, 2017, 06:50:51 pm »
I don't think he'd ever be remembered as ruining Arsenal would he? Arsenal have stagnated but you're still an ever present champions league club with a decent squad with money to spend. A decent platform for the next man I'd say.

Its not our position Im worried about, its our mentality. Even when we had a tiny stadium thats falling apart, and played rubbish football, we had leaders that fought for everything. The minute things dont go our way now, we collapse.
Sure we are always at the top table, we have a seat there, but we never join in the conversation. Whats the point of sitting there and never making an impression. I dont know how we can get that mentality back, I dont think changing managers will solve everything, but it may be a step in the right direction.

Offline Iska

• Legacy Fan
  • The only club that matters
« Reply #41314 on: February 4, 2017, 07:06:20 pm »
I sometimes wonder whether it would be worthwhile Wenger signing a limited player with a huge personality - the biggest bully in League One say - and play him effectively as a shouter who can do a few things with the ball.  Like how Mike Brearley's test average was in the mid-twenties but his real position was 'being captain'.

Offline Binomial

• Anny Roader
  • Live Breath and Sleep LFC
« Reply #41315 on: February 4, 2017, 07:08:31 pm »

Arsenal are in FA cup, CL and above us in table....& have won a few games this year.
"He's leaving because he's Guardiola's favourite. If it's anyone's fault, it's mine. I can't make myself shorter and learn Spanish." - Klopp on Gotze to Bayern

Offline RMG

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #41316 on: February 4, 2017, 07:28:01 pm »

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #41317 on: February 4, 2017, 07:30:15 pm »
Arsenal are in FA cup, CL and above us in table....& have won a few games this year.

I'm talking about the league, you tedious bore.

Offline RMG

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #41318 on: February 4, 2017, 07:31:43 pm »

Offline Cliff Bastin

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #41319 on: February 4, 2017, 09:21:21 pm »
Its not our position Im worried about, its our mentality. Even when we had a tiny stadium thats falling apart, and played rubbish football, we had leaders that fought for everything. The minute things dont go our way now, we collapse.
Sure we are always at the top table, we have a seat there, but we never join in the conversation. Whats the point of sitting there and never making an impression. I dont know how we can get that mentality back, I dont think changing managers will solve everything, but it may be a step in the right direction.
A new manager overnight would change everything, new voice, new tactics, new mentality, a different philosophy. If we appointed Simeone or Allegri I think we would be serious contenders for the league with our squad. It is Wenger who makes a complete balls of it every season because he can't adapt now. He has got old ideas in a new era.

Simeone as an example would set out to destroy the game plan of the opposition and hit on the counter. Our defensive game would rise in standards considerably and the players would be drilled to work and run their ass off. The manager is vital.