Author Topic: SPOILERS The Chainless Game of Thrones and House of the Dragon Discussion  (Read 1046128 times)

Online oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
Re: Game of Thrones - The TV Show; Spoilers are Coming
« Reply #9280 on: June 24, 2017, 01:58:11 pm »

;)
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9281 on: June 24, 2017, 10:51:30 pm »
My predictions for the series:

- Cersei dies at the hands of Arya
- Dany and Jon meet
- Bran finds out the truth about Jon's parentage but dies before revealing it
- WW make their way through the Wall
- Sansa kills Littlefinger
"IT'S ENDED.....THE EUROPEAN CUP IS RETURNING TO ENGLAND AND TO ANFIELD."

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #9282 on: June 24, 2017, 11:01:37 pm »
I hope Bran dies, the whiny little twat
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Omygoditsomar

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #9283 on: June 25, 2017, 10:44:29 am »
Cos ayra can change into other people pretty obvious she'll be used to get people to turn against one another.

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9284 on: June 25, 2017, 01:07:57 pm »
Is there supposed to be season 8 or are they looking to wrap up bazillion loose ends in a single season?
If so, it'll probably be one continuous slaughter-parade.

Biggest problem I have with this show (have not read the books) is that it's most of the time leading on a merry run towards something that may never come.
Always promising a big finale and yet somehow finding new ways to postpone it from happening. Is there an end to the story at all? 

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9285 on: June 25, 2017, 01:09:21 pm »
Is there supposed to be season 8 or are they looking to wrap up bazillion loose ends in a single season?

Biggest problem I have with this show (have not read the books) is that it's most of the time leading on a merry run towards something that may never come.
Always promising a big finale and yet somehow finding new ways to postpone it from happening. Is there an end to the story at all?

Yes, 2 more seasons as far as I'm aware
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Zlen

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9286 on: June 25, 2017, 01:20:14 pm »
So more of the same then, with production values reaching new levels every new season.
It's a watchable show, it really is, and I'm glad to have a fantasy show becoming so popular as it'll give a platform to new shows based on great books. I just can't get over the feeling that the story is stitched together with duct tape and nails and it's all a bit of an improvisation high-wire balancing act to keep the ball rolling and satisfy the demand for new content. It'll depend on how it eventually ends I guess - if it ever does.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #9287 on: June 25, 2017, 01:25:28 pm »

There is a season 8 which will have six episodes. Although it's only seven episodes this season the last two episodes are longer in length. As for the ending they obviously have one in mind, whether its the same as the book though, is another matter altogether.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline DanFromMars

• Stays up all night playing cards. Henri Winterman cigars
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Indie Retro News
« Reply #9288 on: June 25, 2017, 11:04:14 pm »
Cos ayra can change into other people pretty obvious she'll be used to get people to turn against one another.

I thought she could only wear the masks of dead people taken from the faceless ones' temple.
Indie Retro Gaming News Site
http://www.indieretronews.com/

Offline Red_Irishman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Absolutely Bobbins"
« Reply #9289 on: June 25, 2017, 11:37:39 pm »
I'd love some sort of recap of last season.
“If Everton were playing down the bottom of my garden, I'd draw the curtains.” - Bill Shankly 1913 - 1981

Offline Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9290 on: June 26, 2017, 12:18:16 am »
I'd love some sort of recap of last season.

Just binge the entire thing again like a normal person.

Offline Red_Irishman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Absolutely Bobbins"
« Reply #9291 on: June 26, 2017, 12:23:34 am »
Just binge the entire thing again like a normal person.
Was gonna watch season 6 again but not sure if I'm arsed. A recap will have to do. Found a podcast for one.
“If Everton were playing down the bottom of my garden, I'd draw the curtains.” - Bill Shankly 1913 - 1981

Offline Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9292 on: June 26, 2017, 12:29:36 am »
Was gonna watch season 6 again but not sure if I'm arsed. A recap will have to do. Found a podcast for one.

I started it a few weeks ago thinking I'd do an episode or two a week until the new season but two days later and I was finished, it's such a brilliant show and I've loved every season so far. I really hope they do a good job of finishing it all up, my one worry is that it'll become a fair bit more predictable now.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9293 on: June 26, 2017, 09:18:28 pm »
I started it a few weeks ago thinking I'd do an episode or two a week until the new season but two days later and I was finished, it's such a brilliant show and I've loved every season so far. I really hope they do a good job of finishing it all up, my one worry is that it'll become a fair bit more predictable now.

I am not sure it will be too predictable. I think this season will be really interesting nobody knows who will be pushed aside now especially with a series which involves so much action. I think there will be a lot of deaths up ahead, before we come to those last six episodes. I would not be surprised to see someone come out of nowhere to challenge for the iron throne at the end.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9294 on: June 26, 2017, 09:52:58 pm »
Just rewatching Battle of the Bastards on Atlantic. Such a outstanding episode.

Offline S

• pineless. Get no pleasure from seeing the Reds win.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #9295 on: June 26, 2017, 10:14:23 pm »
Just rewatching Battle of the Bastards on Atlantic. Such a outstanding episode.
The scene where Jon Snow is slowly suffocating is hard to watch. So much of Game of Thrones is enjoyable because of the escapism, as in I know I'll never be torched by a dragon. By contrast the power of that scene is that it comes across as incredibly real somehow. Given that it's fictitious I hope I'm not in any way being disrespectful by drawing a comparison to our own history. It's just that I found that particular scene really conveyed the total horror of such circumstances, I found it very upsetting to watch.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9296 on: June 27, 2017, 01:07:39 am »
The scene where Jon Snow is slowly suffocating is hard to watch. So much of Game of Thrones is enjoyable because of the escapism, as in I know I'll never be torched by a dragon. By contrast the power of that scene is that it comes across as incredibly real somehow. Given that it's fictitious I hope I'm not in any way being disrespectful by drawing a comparison to our own history. It's just that I found that particular scene really conveyed the total horror of such circumstances, I found it very upsetting to watch.

Same here, had the exact same thoughts

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #9297 on: June 27, 2017, 09:34:18 am »

Absolutely and mentioned it at the time. Was like it placed you there and you were gasping for breath.
Messi in fact doesn't have a recognizable trait.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9298 on: June 27, 2017, 11:04:59 am »
Spot on. It was very realistic in a world of fantasy. The scene where Snow waits for the on coming soldiers was beautifully done also. This and the Red Wedding are the best episodes so far.

Offline Djozer

• Ujpest
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9299 on: June 27, 2017, 11:13:08 am »
Spot on. It was very realistic in a world of fantasy. The scene where Snow waits for the on coming soldiers was beautifully done also. This and the Red Wedding are the best episodes so far.

Yeah, these were awesome. I also loved that bit at the end of Hardhome where the Night King raises those who just died in the battle. Chilling, mesmeric stuff.

Offline Garrus

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9300 on: June 27, 2017, 06:23:57 pm »
Just re-watched last season's finale and the opening 20 minutes are just spectacular. The music takes it to another level.

Offline S

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #9301 on: June 27, 2017, 06:24:23 pm »
Who's up for some sort of death prediction contest? Jesus that sounds dark.

I collected everyone's shouts last year for fun, might actually score them or something this time round.

Offline Zlen

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9302 on: June 27, 2017, 06:27:51 pm »
How many names can we nominate?

Offline S

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #9303 on: June 27, 2017, 06:33:05 pm »
How many names can we nominate?
Don't know, see what others think I guess. Was thinking of creating a separate thread and having a draft, that way everyone has a different list.

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #9304 on: June 27, 2017, 06:35:55 pm »
It would probably be a shorter list of people I think are safe.
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9305 on: June 27, 2017, 07:30:15 pm »

I collected everyone's shouts last year for fun, might actually score them or something this time round.

We've already done one at work, it's great fun. A certain trouble maker is top of the list.  ;D

Offline CrasherKid79

• Crashedandburnedkid2017
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9306 on: July 2, 2017, 06:59:05 pm »
Just settling in to watch my first ever episode.

Have resisted it for all these years but so many people can't be wrong can they?

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9307 on: July 2, 2017, 07:05:48 pm »

Have resisted it for all these years but so many people can't be wrong can they?

Keep going mate, you won't stop until you're caught up

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9308 on: July 2, 2017, 07:06:41 pm »

Not in this case.

Just out of curiosity, why the resistance?

Offline CrasherKid79

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9309 on: July 2, 2017, 07:20:54 pm »
Not in this case.

Just out of curiosity, why the resistance?

I've always associated it (rightly or wrongly) with Lord of the Rings.

The whole genre of medieval times with Dragons, dwarves, magic etc has never been my thing.

This series however seems to have transcended that, people I know have watched it religiously, that I would never have associated with that type of programme.

I think it deserves at least the first 4 episodes before I can say it's definitely not for me.

Conveniently the whole lots on Sky, so it's time to finally STFU and stop snootily looking down my nose at something I've not seen  :D

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #9310 on: July 2, 2017, 07:26:05 pm »

I've just done the same...

It's very entertaining, but I keep having to ask my wife who everyone is...

Needlessly excessive nudity and violence though.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Red_Irishman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Absolutely Bobbins"
« Reply #9311 on: July 2, 2017, 07:29:10 pm »
I've always associated it (rightly or wrongly) with Lord of the Rings.

The whole genre of medieval times with Dragons, dwarves, magic etc has never been my thing.

This series however seems to have transcended that, people I know have watched it religiously, that I would never have associated with that type of programme.

I think it deserves at least the first 4 episodes before I can say it's definitely not for me.

Conveniently the whole lots on Sky, so it's time to finally STFU and stop snootily looking down my nose at something I've not seen  :D
The start if the first season is a little slow but the beginning of a brilliant story. Stick with it is my advice.

Offline CrasherKid79

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9312 on: July 2, 2017, 08:05:52 pm »
Errrrrrrrrrr
Spoiler
ITS YOUR SISTER .... YOU DIRTY, DIRTY BASTARD !!!!!!!
[close]

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9313 on: July 2, 2017, 10:21:05 pm »
Errrrrrrrrrr
Spoiler
[close]

;D
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Sir Psycho Sexy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9314 on: July 2, 2017, 10:21:34 pm »

Not as dark as the real life ones!

But yeah - of course, people will be accusing others of spoilers somehow though
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9315 on: July 3, 2017, 02:10:08 am »
Errrrrrrrrrr
Spoiler
[close]

And that will be the least shocking thing  ;D

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #9316 on: July 3, 2017, 10:12:18 am »
The start if the first season is a little slow but the beginning of a brilliant story. Stick with it is my advice.

For me the first series was good it almost felt like it was set in medieval times, but it really takes off from the 2nd series when they knew they had a hit on their hands and spent more and more money on it.

Until now every episode is like a mini feature film.

Blimey I remember at the beginning of this thread I was slagging the show off and saying Camelot was a lot better then it just suddenly clicked with me.
« Last Edit: July 3, 2017, 10:15:23 am by Trada »
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline CrasherKid79

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9317 on: July 3, 2017, 11:27:56 am »
And that will be the least shocking thing  ;D

I can never look at the lovely Lena Headey in the same way again !!

Offline JLStretton

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9318 on: July 3, 2017, 12:21:07 pm »
Just have them tissues ready thinking of wincest  :-X
choose Life.

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9319 on: July 3, 2017, 03:33:53 pm »
Shame.