Author Topic: Roberto Firmino  (Read 2020520 times)

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
Re: Roberto Firmino
« Reply #16600 on: July 4, 2023, 08:54:55 pm »
A poster boy for a brutal regime, sad way to end a brilliant career.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #16601 on: July 4, 2023, 10:24:57 pm »
How sad.

The sportswashing the Saudi’s can get Liverpool e-fans to do now will be incredible, in fact the reaction to it on social media is nothing but delight and like the whole thing is normal.

Pathetic.

Offline GreatEx

• pectations. might be a cunt but isn't a capitalist cunt. Blissfully ignorant.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16602 on: July 4, 2023, 10:39:48 pm »
Vomit.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16603 on: July 4, 2023, 10:59:39 pm »
This one hurts  :(
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline GreatEx

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16604 on: July 4, 2023, 11:11:29 pm »
Remember, Firmino family, when the club comes over to do a puff piece doco: don't thank Jesus!

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #16605 on: July 5, 2023, 12:28:58 am »
Remember, Firmino family, when the club comes over to do a puff piece doco: don't thank Jesus!

Or get busted drink driving again.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16606 on: July 5, 2023, 12:29:04 am »
How sad.

The sportswashing the Saudi’s can get Liverpool e-fans to do now will be incredible, in fact the reaction to it on social media is nothing but delight and like the whole thing is normal.

Pathetic.

Twitter is drowning in bots and trolls so I wouldn't take that as an indicator of anything.

Offline duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #16607 on: July 5, 2023, 12:33:47 am »
This one hurts  :(
Yep really really disappointing
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Online 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #16608 on: July 5, 2023, 02:15:29 am »
What would Bobby actually have to do before he crossed a line and you didn't leap to his defence?

If you had paid attention to my post, I mentioned any footballer not just Bobby. My post was a generalization about any footballer going there.

A poster boy for a brutal regime, sad way to end a brilliant career.

You obviously have given Bobby every chance haven't you.

You and I have no idea, none, what Bobby might end up doing behind the scenes once he gets there. Nor any player or manager who goes. That's why I said from small acorns grow large trees.

Do you expect a footballer to go there and completely change in a short period of time the government/religious human right abuses? If so, more power you.

For you they shouldn't go at all. But you give them no benefit of the doubt that they might think they can make some changes around them no matter how small.

As for me, won't watch a minute of that League. Bobby, Fowler ( favorite player ever}, and Gerrard ( Legend and potentially the best player ever) being there. Still won't get me to watch.

So i'll ask you, The Saudi's have poached three of my favorite players and I still won't watch their League, how have they sportswashed me?
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline coolbyrne

• Legacy Fan
  • Ground Control
« Reply #16609 on: July 5, 2023, 03:34:23 am »
It may be 'allowed' for the likes of Ronaldo, Firmino and any other dickhead that goes over there to aid their sportswashing, but it wouldn't be OK for you or I to walk around the town in 45 degree heat with our shirt off.
They're not going to start arresting these c*nts that they're paying millions and millions of pounds to promote them, they'll just do it to everyone else.

Islamophobia  ;D Get a grip of yourself.

It's one reason these footballers will be able to claim they're not aware of any of the accusations against their bosses. There isn't a hope in hell that they will have to follow the same rules as residents or bog standard tourists. They will be steered in their own little bubble, kept away from the realities facing anyone not part of the blood money machine.
Oh, these sour times.

No one admires resilience when you were just plain wrong all along - that's just twattishness.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #16610 on: July 5, 2023, 07:35:13 am »
Extremely disappointing I kept hoping he would change his mind. It hasn't been thought through at all and not sure how much his family will enjoy the experience.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline bird_lfc

• Would much rather have a good wank than get behind the team. Champion of Luke Shaw’s reputation.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #16611 on: July 5, 2023, 11:04:13 am »
Bit sad considering the send off he got, the documentary and how humble they made him look with all the videos of his mother etc. then he goes and pisses off to Saudi to earn a big pay day.

Oh well. Never get attached a footballer. Everyone has a price.

Offline Tonyh8su

• Tonyign0r35u
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #16612 on: July 5, 2023, 06:54:06 pm »
So incredibly disappointing, I'd even go as far as to call it "pathetic".

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16613 on: July 5, 2023, 07:03:59 pm »
I understand the disappointment, but we never offered him a new contract. If he refused our contract just to go there, I'd be very pissed and disappointed, but i guess in this situation there's not much to say except good luck Bobby.
« Last Edit: July 5, 2023, 07:07:15 pm by Ravishing Rick Dude »
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16614 on: July 5, 2023, 07:25:46 pm »
I understand the disappointment, but we never offered him a new contract. If he refused our contract just to go there, I'd be very pissed and disappointed, but i guess in this situation there's not much to say except good luck Bobby.

I’m sure a player of his talent wouldn’t have struggled to get some very good offers from Spain, Portugal, Italy....

He’s gone for the money (obviously) as is his right, but it’s still grim, and has nothing to do with not being offered a contract at LFC. 

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16615 on: July 5, 2023, 07:44:31 pm »
I’m sure a player of his talent wouldn’t have struggled to get some very good offers from Spain, Portugal, Italy....

He’s gone for the money (obviously) as is his right, but it’s still grim, and has nothing to do with not being offered a contract at LFC.

He won everything with us though, maybe his ambitions are fulfilled.

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16616 on: July 5, 2023, 10:42:10 pm »

Didn’t we? From Klopp’s interviews it would seem we did. He was surprised firmino ‘decided to leave’

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16617 on: July 6, 2023, 12:15:29 am »

Jürgen Klopp had wanted to retain a player who has been instrumental in Liverpool’s revival and was in excellent form before a calf injury interrupted his campaign in November. Firmino, however, has informed Klopp he will not be signing an extension and will be seeking a fresh start in the summer.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline rossipersempre

• On the lookuyt for a new winger since 2007 BC. Prodigal, Son.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16618 on: July 6, 2023, 12:31:04 pm »
Bit sad considering the send off he got, the documentaryand how humble they made him look with all the videos of his mother etc. then he goes and pisses off to Saudi to earn a big pay day.

Oh well. Never get attached a footballer. Everyone has a price.
Missed this. Is there a link anywhere?

Not going to comment further, but share many fans' disappointment  :-\

My scouse, the often busted but seldom battered Mr Flabby Whore Alien. Who will not send in cottoned wool, bubbled rap, shiny sliver spaced blanket and sum beefy Bovril to keep it warm and safe and snag as bag in a rag? Oh Whore yours is a sweeter leftish peg

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #16619 on: July 6, 2023, 03:33:14 pm »
Missed this. Is there a link anywhere?

In here mate - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=325807.msg18450488#msg18450488 - and also in the RAWK Audio/Video thread too.
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline Indomitable_Carp

• Asterixophile
  • Legacy Fan
  • From the depths of Sevvy Park lake
« Reply #16620 on: July 6, 2023, 04:58:17 pm »
Nothing wrong with him leaving us, regardless of whether or not Klopp wanted to stay. No need to judge him on that. Won all he could, spent many a fantastic year with us, and left with his head held high.

There is something wrong with joining the Saudi league for a big fat paycheck, especially when he could 100% still get first team football elsewhere. It also shows how wafer-thin all this Born Again evangelical Christian "morality" is as well. But that was obvious, considering the support for Bolsenaro among our Brazilian players and their familieis, so this is not the biggest surprise. Sadly.

Offline rossipersempre

• On the lookuyt for a new winger since 2007 BC. Prodigal, Son.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16621 on: July 6, 2023, 07:41:14 pm »
My scouse, the often busted but seldom battered Mr Flabby Whore Alien. Who will not send in cottoned wool, bubbled rap, shiny sliver spaced blanket and sum beefy Bovril to keep it warm and safe and snag as bag in a rag? Oh Whore yours is a sweeter leftish peg

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #16622 on: July 6, 2023, 08:19:10 pm »
Nothing wrong with him leaving us, regardless of whether or not Klopp wanted to stay. No need to judge him on that. Won all he could, spent many a fantastic year with us, and left with his head held high.

There is something wrong with joining the Saudi league for a big fat paycheck, especially when he could 100% still get first team football elsewhere. It also shows how wafer-thin all this Born Again evangelical Christian "morality" is as well. But that was obvious, considering the support for Bolsenaro among our Brazilian players and their familieis, so this is not the biggest surprise. Sadly.

All of that very fair, feel similarly...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16623 on: July 7, 2023, 01:43:16 pm »
Jürgen Klopp had wanted to retain a player who has been instrumental in Liverpool’s revival and was in excellent form before a calf injury interrupted his campaign in November. Firmino, however, has informed Klopp he will not be signing an extension and will be seeking a fresh start in the summer.

That doesn't make it blatantly clear an offer was on the table.
Could have been Firmino saying not to bother offering a new contract as he won't be signing one.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #16624 on: July 7, 2023, 01:45:04 pm »
Think the most likely scenario is the club said they can give him a short contract on certain wages, but he figured he could get more elsewhere.  Which is fair enough.  Just didn't think elsewhere would be a retirement league in a country where his family won't have the rights they're used to.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline Only Me

• Insufferable twat. Brexiteer supreme.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16625 on: July 8, 2023, 12:53:58 am »
Greedy, unprincipled sports washing c*nt.

Proper twat of a move. Especially from someone robbed of trophies by other oil cheats.

Great example of how unadulterated greed can tarnish any kind oflegacy.

Forgotten the greedy bastard already.

Offline Too early for flapjacks?

• It is? Hmm. How about a Groundhog steak? No? Damn. Thinks James Milner has the perfect body.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16626 on: July 8, 2023, 09:41:41 am »

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #16627 on: July 8, 2023, 10:32:46 am »
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline Too early for flapjacks?

• It is? Hmm. How about a Groundhog steak? No? Damn. Thinks James Milner has the perfect body.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16628 on: July 8, 2023, 11:30:02 am »
Do they not have anyone of the female gender in that country?

I think they have a couple of them.

Here is one meeting with the EU: https://twitter.com/HJedea/status/1677356635625332736?t=XTS2UERe8bhIZYSGOrl-bA&s=19

Here's a few more including a few entrepreneurs.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/K_kkc2F5FmY" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/K_kkc2F5FmY</a>

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/VRTk7LKrTNw" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/VRTk7LKrTNw</a>

Hope that helps mate.
« Last Edit: July 8, 2023, 11:53:03 am by Too early for flapjacks? »

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16629 on: July 8, 2023, 12:58:19 pm »
Being received very warmly!

https://twitter.com/nocontextfooty/status/1677546190001299456?t=UWQmxsVfdVHP7hdCugBtvQ&s=19

warmly?

A load of young blokes pushing and shoving with seemingly little respect, yeah very warm!

Anyway, looks like Firmino’s first day as a sportswasher went well enough.

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16630 on: July 8, 2023, 04:00:22 pm »
Being received very warmly!

https://twitter.com/nocontextfooty/status/1677546190001299456?t=UWQmxsVfdVHP7hdCugBtvQ&s=19

Doesn't look very warmly to me. More like everyone fighting to get a picture with him for their social media.

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline Tonyh8su

• Tonyign0r35u
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #16631 on: July 8, 2023, 09:50:33 pm »
I'm honestly still so sad about this. Gerrard and Fowler pissed me off but this has made me actually sad.

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Number 21 of the Crazy 88
« Reply #16632 on: July 9, 2023, 12:32:03 am »
As I've got older, I've always said.....never again....I'll never get that invested in a player again. I won't adore again but then it happens.

I loved ya Bobby

But you fucked us

Offline GreatEx

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16633 on: July 20, 2023, 12:26:15 am »
Tell you what, Bobby must be very grateful to his former captain to taking the heat off him. A few weeks ago we were disappointed and angry that he went to KSA but now, as a free agent who didn't speak out on LGBT issues, he doesn't look so bad any more. It's like when Saturday Night Live did that GW Bush "bet you like me now" skit in the wake of Trump.

Offline mullyred94

• Legacy Fan
  • Darwin Nunez's lovechild
« Reply #16634 on: July 29, 2023, 07:27:51 pm »
Noticed he really doesn’t post about Christianity since he went to Saudi  :-X :-X :-X :-X

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Number 21 of the Crazy 88
« Reply #16635 on: July 29, 2023, 07:30:27 pm »
Noticed he really doesn’t post about Christianity since he went to Saudi  :-X :-X :-X :-X
That would be because it's illegal to openly promote another faith there.

Offline mullyred94

• Legacy Fan
  • Darwin Nunez's lovechild
« Reply #16636 on: July 29, 2023, 08:21:20 pm »

;D ;D ;D

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #16637 on: July 31, 2023, 12:53:06 pm »

And those that do - even sometimes in private prayer - have faced detention, torture, lashings, and imprisonment (along with facing other falsified charges) - all in the past 10 years.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freedom_of_religion_in_Saudi_Arabia & www.amnesty.org/en/wp-content/uploads/2021/06/mde230061993en.pdf (including Shi'a muslims)
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16638 on: July 31, 2023, 01:23:42 pm »

:thumbup
Jurgen YNWA

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #16639 on: August 11, 2023, 09:13:27 pm »
Hat-trick on his first game over there. He might actually score if you give him the ball every time over there  :lmao
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.