Author Topic: PL: Eve 2 vs 0 Liverpool Bran 27’ Lewin 58’  (Read 26528 times)

Offline duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
Re: PL: Eve 2 vs 0 Liverpool Bran 27’ Lewin 58’
« Reply #600 on: April 24, 2024, 11:26:49 pm »
It is a double edged sword though.

Their strength is getting the centre backs forward and loading the box for set pieces.

Our strength is pressing and winning the ball. If you have a 8 v 1 foul count after 30 minutes then what happens is pretty inevitable. They get to load the box we can't gegenpress.
I do agree we were up against it having to face so many poor decisions that led to some of these situations. However We have seemed unable to adjust to things during the game (at least outside of HT) for a while. And we have experienced players who should be able to do this. We must compete & adjust better than we do at times whatever we are facing
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #601 on: April 24, 2024, 11:27:30 pm »
He’s 24. Is he going to have the ruthless efficiency of Haaland? Probably not,  but he can get better. And realistically, he only needs to get a little better because the biggest problem for strikers is actually getting high percentage chances, which he gets in abundance. If he improves even marginally given the chances he’s had, I reckon his return would be pretty phenomenal.
I can't listen to this anymore.

He has poor composure and decision making, there is nothing else to say.

Offline Kennys from heaven

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition!"
« Reply #602 on: April 24, 2024, 11:27:45 pm »
"no backbiting, cuntishness or toy throwing"? You not been on RAWK before?  ;D
It was said in hope more than expectation mate...
The most important people at Liverpool Football Club are the people who want to be here

Offline n00bert

• Legacy Fan
  • Born a Red, die a Red. 4-2-3-1 Ultra. DM sceptic.
« Reply #603 on: April 24, 2024, 11:29:41 pm »
Been saying this for 2 full seasons now, it's not happening in afraid.

But he’s literally 24. Writing a guy that has that movement off the ball off at 24 isn’t sensible IMO.

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #604 on: April 24, 2024, 11:31:31 pm »
I do agree we were up against it having to face so many poor decisions that led to some of these situations. However We have seemed unable to adjust to things during the game (at least outside of HT) for a while. And we have experienced players who should be able to do this. We must compete & adjust better than we do at times whatever we are facing

If something is happening tactically or one of their players is getting the better of one of ours then yes you can adjust on the pitch.

However if the Ref is allowing their players to recklessly fly into challenges the way Tarkowski did. A challenge that Neville creamed his pants over but then giving free kicks for Everton player going down under the slightest pressure. Then what can players do?
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #605 on: April 24, 2024, 11:32:10 pm »
Kloppo's just counting down his days. The light has gone out here.  :(

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #606 on: April 24, 2024, 11:32:35 pm »
I can't listen to this anymore.

He has poor composure and decision making, there is nothing else to say.

A bit like most Strikers at that age?
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #607 on: April 24, 2024, 11:33:46 pm »
Kloppo's just counting down his days. The light has gone out here.  :(

The club shouldn't be dependent on a manager massively overachieving though.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline n00bert

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #608 on: April 24, 2024, 11:35:05 pm »

I mean you have a plan, to be aggressive, press high and win the ball back quickly. You select a team that is high energy. Then you start conceding ground to soft free kicks. How do you suddenly change your style of play? Just fall back into shape and give them the ball? When do you consciously make this decision to do this?

Again, we should defend the set pieces better but giving them every little foul defo destroyed our game plan.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #609 on: April 24, 2024, 11:35:15 pm »

Agree mate, but that's not what I meant. His post match press conferance, his eyes and his comments say " Just let me relax away from football".

Offline Sharado

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #610 on: April 24, 2024, 11:36:27 pm »
But he’s literally 24. Writing a guy that has that movement off the ball off at 24 isn’t sensible IMO.

To put that another way is he going to go somewhere and have us all saying "we should have kept him"? I seriously doubt that.
Football, like life, isn't about getting what you want or even deserve. It's about appreciating what you have.

Offline duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #611 on: April 24, 2024, 11:36:37 pm »
If something is happening tactically or one of their players is getting the better of one of ours then yes you can adjust on the pitch.

However if the Ref is allowing their players to recklessly fly into challenges the way Tarkowski did. A challenge that Neville creamed his pants over but then giving free kicks for Everton player going down under the slightest pressure. Then what can players do?
We still have to compete. We didn’t win a single ball into our box tonight. Not one, that isn’t good enough, not everyone of those dead balls in was a result of a bad decision (though a number including the first goal were). It absolutely made it much harder for us, but we still have to do better than we did
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #612 on: April 24, 2024, 11:36:57 pm »

14, 24 or 34. You either have a level of composure and nous in front of goal or you don't. Nunez doesn't. Not enough anyway.

Offline alvaro

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #613 on: April 24, 2024, 11:37:05 pm »
The team collapsed under pressure but this was supposed  to be a rebuilding season, the team punched aboved its weight for months and now it derailed but overall the season is good. We went from 5th to 3rd and won a domestic cup.  Im not ready to write anybody off just yet. A lot of young and inexperienced players in the side.

Im excited to see an upcoming manager working with this core of young players. We will all feel better after we oficially qualify for the Champions League.

Offline mattD

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #614 on: April 24, 2024, 11:38:25 pm »
If he isnt going to be spearheading a top Liverpool side then with our grip on finances, we need to sell him and get someone else in.

Putting the finances into perspective, sadly can’t disagree. Same goes for Diaz and Gakpo.

Online smicer07

• Negative, miserable sod!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #615 on: April 24, 2024, 11:40:36 pm »
Anyone who defends nunez doesn't have any eyes in his fucking head.

Nunez is dog shit. Absolute joke of a clown of a player.

Oh the fan base love him cos he's captain chaos lolol.

Get a grip. Maybe if we had a player who could play football we wouldn't be sending the best manager of my lifetime back to Germany with such a whimper.

The fact he wasn't sold in summer I understand 'oh maybe it's just his first season jitters give him a pre season.

He's lived here two years can't speak the language and can't hit a cows arse with a banjo. Take whatever we can get for him and move on.

Christ. And here's me thinking I post some crap.

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #616 on: April 24, 2024, 11:41:20 pm »

Get a grip. Maybe if we had a player who could play football we wouldn't be sending the best manager of my lifetime back to Germany with such a whimper.

The fact he wasn't sold in summer I understand 'oh maybe it's just his first season jitters give him a pre season.

He's lived here two years can't speak the language and can't hit a cows arse with a banjo. Take whatever we can get for him and move on.

Nobody is worse than you with your insults in every thread. It must be past your bed time by now.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline kasperoff

• Legacy Fan
  • What happened to Sabu?
« Reply #617 on: April 24, 2024, 11:42:19 pm »
Still pisses me off that United managed to completely derail our season. We’ve been shit ever since the FA cup game.

Honestly, this abysmal finishing has been toxic in this run in. You can see the confidence drain from the side every time we miss another sitter. Started the season well but we've absolutely shat the bed up front recently.

We've missed a dozen easy goals. Nunez has been most guilty, but they've all been at it. Fluffed chance after chance at key moments.
I think the same, can't stand him, but if you could have a £1million pound cheque or steve bruces head hollowed out and filled with pound coins which would you have?

Online smicer07

• Negative, miserable sod!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #618 on: April 24, 2024, 11:42:22 pm »
Yes I have returned from the dead to die for our sins.

Can you go back?

Offline KirkVanHouten

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #619 on: April 24, 2024, 11:43:04 pm »

Klopp is leaving because of fans like you, you realise that right?

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #620 on: April 24, 2024, 11:43:12 pm »
Piss off love youre an absolute bore and omel of the main reasons I jibbed Rawk off going from thread to thread throwing a tea cosy on everything and preaching love to all.

Yawn!!!!

Online Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #621 on: April 24, 2024, 11:44:23 pm »

Not the ones that have played for Liverpool. Maybe that’s why some are so harsh with him, we’re used to strikers being close to the complete package at that age, a lot of them burn out even quicker though. Rush, Fowler, Owen, Torres, Sturridge.

Offline stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
« Reply #622 on: April 24, 2024, 11:44:40 pm »
Stockdam has made a very good point!

Thanks some of it is an exaggeration to prove a point but our weakness recently has been coping with physical teams that press us hard. We used to do the pressing but now we are the ones being pressed.

Our "golden-boy" has been Mac Allister but once he is taken out of the game then we look slow and ponderous.

As for the referee giving Everton soft free-kicks tonight, yes he did but we knew upfront that this was going to be their main tactic. Throw yourself to the ground and win free-kicks. Nearly all the "poorer" teams do this as their main attacking tactic is to launch the ball into the box. Even though this would be no surprise to us, we still got ourselves into positions where the ref awarded cheap free-kicks (yes you could ask what else could we do but we seemed to cut this out later in the game). We also did not defend their free-kicks well even though we had VVD and Konate in defence. Konate had an awful game and Virgil, at times, appeared to be too laid back and not physical enough. Once again you could say I'm being a tad harsh but Everton played the physical game much better than we did.
#JFT97

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #623 on: April 24, 2024, 11:45:02 pm »
All very sad to end like this. We all hoped for more. I do take Killer’s point that at the start of the season that third and a trophy  would probably be seen as very decent. It’s the fact we threatened more and then fell away a that’s tough.

Don’t know the reason. It’s not really one thing. It’s crap but we have to deal with it. Don’t feel like slagging anyone off. Everyone looks a bit shell shocked which can look like they don’t care or didn’t want it but I doubt that’s the case. Just a bit mentally physically off it at the moment.

I’d say ‘heads up’ but mine’s pretty down at the moment too to be honest. Hate football at times.

Still not long til the summer and we’ll get to laugh at Pickford for a blunder. And get to feel some scahudenfraude for all the people in tears who are laughing at us at the moment.

Offline Paul_h

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #624 on: April 24, 2024, 11:45:54 pm »

Jota and Gapko out was just unfortunate timing.
speculation on who the new manger would be didn't help our mindset going into the game.
really deflating that result.

Offline n00bert

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #625 on: April 24, 2024, 11:45:56 pm »
Christ. And here's me thinking I post some crap.

You do though!  ;)

That said the post you were responding too takes the biscuit.

Offline Paul JH

• Elmer Fudd. I'm a witch! A WITCH!
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Don't do drugs..."
« Reply #626 on: April 24, 2024, 11:46:16 pm »
People really acting like 24 years of age is like some 17 year old who's just broke into the side from the academy to defend Nunez rawness are the same kind of people who act like Rashford is a young whippersnapper when he's closer to 30 to excuse is terrible performances too.

More power to you if you think he'll somehow become a genius, but by Christ, how you can't say his finishing and his decision making ISN'T dreadful at times?

For me, my opinion, he'll never be the answer as far as goals or being a winger goes either. He just won't.

But you know, because he's a bit of a rash cheerleader he gets massively let off by a lot of people. That one where Trent put him CLEAN through... control was woeful, had to lay it off because of it. Gets let off the hook way more than other players because he's a bit mad.
Sarcastic Net Pest and Sanctimonious Arse.

Offline Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #627 on: April 24, 2024, 11:46:24 pm »
Agree mate, but that's not what I meant. His post match press conferance, his eyes and his comments say " Just let me relax away from football".

It is having to carry the club that has done that to him though.

Edwards walked away. Ward walked away. Gordon walked away. Graham walked away.

Klopp took up the slack that is why he is fucked. The worrying thing is the drop off since Klopp said he was leaving.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #628 on: April 24, 2024, 11:47:28 pm »
That game was just so bad. We got so many warnings in that first half and at no point did we counteract it. Why not get a midfielder to disrupt Calvert-Lewin? Brainless.

Offline traustibm

• Main Stander
  • YNWA
« Reply #629 on: April 24, 2024, 11:47:53 pm »

But that’s where we are thanks to our hedge fund capitalist owners. We must always remember to limit our expectations as we are the plucky underdogs. At least that’s how the club acts under them.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2024, 11:50:03 pm by traustibm »
“I can't watch TV longer than five minutes without praying for nuclear holocaust.”
― Bill Hicks

Offline Studgotelli

• they have zero understanding of what I’m actually talking about. Got a GCSE in Economics and thinks he knows everything.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #630 on: April 24, 2024, 11:48:47 pm »
People really acting like 24 years of age is like some 17 year old who's just broke into the side from the academy to defend Nunez rawness are the same kind of people who act like Rashford is a young whippersnapper when he's closer to 30 to excuse is terrible performances too.

More power to you if you think he'll somehow become a genius, but by Christ, how you can't say his finishing and his decision making ISN'T dreadful at times?

For me, my opinion, he'll never be the answer as far as goals or being a winger goes either. He just won't.

But you know, because he's a bit of a rash cheerleader he gets massively let off by a lot of people. That one where Trent put him CLEAN through... control was woeful, had to lay it off because of it. Gets let off the hook way more than other players because he's a bit mad.

Danns has more composure than him and he’s a teenager

Offline Only Me

• Insufferable twat. Brexiteer supreme.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #631 on: April 24, 2024, 11:50:12 pm »
I see that it’s breeding season for dramatic bellends.

Best fans in the world my arse.

Have a Quick Look in the Arsenal/Abu Dhabi/Everton/Man U threads on this very site, and tell me that dozens of pricks in here aren’t guilty of the same bad knobhead behaviour you all accuse those fanbases of.

Jurgen is well out of it.

You can tell that 95% of you have never been to a fucking game in your life.

Offline Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #632 on: April 24, 2024, 11:50:56 pm »
Jota, Mane, Salah were fine at that age. Even Origi.

Offline Johnny Aldridge

• Kopite
  • Red & White Crown Paints Kop
« Reply #633 on: April 24, 2024, 11:51:03 pm »
Klopps last season, still in a title race, a derby and they still couldn’t put up a fight. They were outfought in all of the 50-50s, poor all over aside from Diaz & Elliott when he came on. There’s been no hunger there for a while now. The ref was shite but he was no excuse for tonight. Too many anonymous players there tonight. We have no one to fall back on when Salah is going through a spell like he is, but Salah is piss poor right now. Fucking Everton can crow now about costing us the title. (They didn’t but they’ll milk it anyways)
For a player to be good enough to play for Liverpool, he must be prepared to run through a brick wall for me then come out fighting on the other side.
Bill Shankly 1913-1981.

Offline Lochgelly Violet

• Main Stander
« Reply #634 on: April 24, 2024, 11:51:19 pm »
All very sad to end like this. We all hoped for more. I do take Killer’s point that at the start of the season that third and a trophy  would probably be seen as very decent. It’s the fact we threatened more and then fell away a that’s tough.

Don’t know the reason. It’s not really one thing. It’s crap but we have to deal with it. Don’t feel like slagging anyone off. Everyone looks a bit shell shocked which can look like they don’t care or didn’t want it but I doubt that’s the case. Just a bit mentally physically off it at the moment.

I’d say ‘heads up’ but mine’s pretty down at the moment too to be honest. Hate football at times.

Still not long til the summer and we’ll get to laugh at Pickford for a blunder. And get to feel some scahudenfraude for all the people in tears who are laughing at us at the moment.

I do think the "we'd have taken this at the start of the season" thing is a bit of a canard. While it's true to some degree, the fact that we've been the architects of our own downfall so often has been beyond frustrating. Why do we always start so poorly? Why do we give away so many gilt edged chances at the start of games? Surely, that at least is something we could have fixed by now. Yes, it's a new team but we could have done so much more this season. It's such a terrible shame to see it all end this way

Offline Paul JH

• Legacy Fan
  • "Don't do drugs..."
« Reply #635 on: April 24, 2024, 11:52:27 pm »
I see that it’s breeding season for dramatic bellends.

Best fans in the world my arse.

Have a Quick Look in the Arsenal/Abu Dhabi/Everton/Man U threads on this very site, and tell me that dozens of pricks in here aren’t guilty of the same bad knobhead behaviour you all accuse those fanbases of.

Jurgen is well out of it.

You can tell that 95% of you have never been to a fucking game in your life.

Behave. No-one allowed an opinion that you don't agree with?

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #636 on: April 24, 2024, 11:54:04 pm »
Behave. No-one allowed an opinion that you don't agree with?

Some of the posts have been embarrassing tonight.

Offline Paul JH

• Legacy Fan
  • "Don't do drugs..."
« Reply #637 on: April 24, 2024, 11:54:06 pm »
No he’s leaving because the toxic atmosphere at the club last season visibly took a toll on him. That negativity is created by hate filled fans who have problems regulating their emotions and abuse everyone.

This is the strangest take I've seen for a long, long time.

Offline Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #638 on: April 24, 2024, 11:55:09 pm »
Not the ones that have played for Liverpool. Maybe that’s why some are so harsh with him, we’re used to strikers being close to the complete package at that age, a lot of them burn out even quicker though. Rush, Fowler, Owen, Torres, Sturridge.

Rush, Fowler and Owen came through at Liverpool.

We signed Torres and Sturridge at the kind of age Nunez is now.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Paul JH

• Legacy Fan
  • "Don't do drugs..."
« Reply #639 on: April 24, 2024, 11:55:20 pm »
Some of the posts have been embarrassing tonight.

Key word 'some'. But that gets lumped into '95% of you...'.