Author Topic: Tranmere Rovers  (Read 93126 times)

Offline Redsnappa

• Pining for No.20
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks Shanks for Tosh and Kev.
Re: Tranmere Rovers
« Reply #560 on: January 11, 2022, 07:39:59 pm »
Is there any way to watch them against Salford on a stream or PPV thing tonight? Fancy that more than Southampton vs Brentford.

It's being streamed on iFollow, so you might be able to find a stream through one of the usual sites.

Offline Tonyh8su

• Tonyign0r35u
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #561 on: January 11, 2022, 07:41:31 pm »
It's being streamed on iFollow, so you might be able to find a stream through one of the usual sites.

Not sure what that is but I'll check it out. If I can find it and can pay for it I will as I'd like to support the club. If not I'll try elsewhere.

(I'm actually not great at finding the "usual ways" lol)

Offline Redsnappa

• Pining for No.20
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #562 on: January 11, 2022, 07:44:55 pm »
Not sure what that is but I'll check it out. If I can find it and can pay for it I will as I'd like to support the club. If not I'll try elsewhere.

(I'm actually not great at finding the "usual ways" lol)

Here you go, direct link:

https://www.tranmererovers.co.uk/news/2022/january/salford-game-being-shown-live-on-ifollow/

Offline Redsnappa

• Pining for No.20
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #563 on: January 11, 2022, 09:43:44 pm »
Finished 1-1. Glatzel scored to rescue a point for Rovers  ;D

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #564 on: January 11, 2022, 10:59:29 pm »
Have a good chance at promotion back to League 1. Wonder if we could get Glatzel another loan there next season if they do go up.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline Redsnappa

• Pining for No.20
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #565 on: January 12, 2022, 12:52:39 pm »
Have a good chance at promotion back to League 1. Wonder if we could get Glatzel another loan there next season if they do go up.

Good to see he's lost none of his sharpness in front of goal during his recovery. Strong, confident header, had a few good runs and generally pressed like a madman once he came on.

That shocker from the usually reliable Tranmere keeper Ross Doohan had taken the wind out of their sails though and they struggled creating much. Good away point in the end.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/G3PiyLShOhM&amp;ab_channel=OfficialTranmereRovers" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/G3PiyLShOhM&amp;ab_channel=OfficialTranmereRovers</a>

Offline Redsnappa

• Pining for No.20
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #566 on: January 28, 2022, 10:21:31 am »
Biggest game of the weekend  :)

Second v First. Tranmere's hunting down of FGR is their version of us chasing down Abu Dhabi in the Prem.

Looks like the game could be a sell-out, no live TV because the weekend is not a recognised International break or so I've read.

https://twitter.com/Tranmere_Trust/status/1486980607792062465

FGR have a mighty 200 fans going  :o

Offline King Kenny 7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #567 on: January 30, 2022, 01:24:59 am »
What a result - gutted!

Are there any sort of highlights to watch?
Best not anyways, will be interesting to see if they can bounce back in the next game.

Feckin bookies will have loved that one!

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #568 on: January 30, 2022, 08:41:26 am »
What a result - gutted!

Are there any sort of highlights to watch?
Best not anyways, will be interesting to see if they can bounce back in the next game.

Feckin bookies will have loved that one!

Why? Forest Green were favourites. At best you’d have said both teams to score maybe but if people had to choose they’d have picked Forest Green. They’re just a better team. I think Tranmere’s success is built on sand, they’re doing about 1 goal a game and are sat in second. No team in the top 15 has scored fewer than them. I reckon it’s going to come crashing down. I doubt they finish in the playoffs.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2022, 08:43:10 am by Gerry Attrick »

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #569 on: February 1, 2022, 03:30:15 pm »
Why? Forest Green were favourites. At best you’d have said both teams to score maybe but if people had to choose they’d have picked Forest Green. They’re just a better team. I think Tranmere’s success is built on sand, they’re doing about 1 goal a game and are sat in second. No team in the top 15 has scored fewer than them. I reckon it’s going to come crashing down. I doubt they finish in the playoffs.
Not so sure I'd be so pessimistic they won't get the playoffs, but I agree they may cut it fine, their charge doesn't look sustainable unless there's a change.

FGR have the biggest and best squad in League 2 with possibly the biggest budget. Their goals scored, points lead and games in hand should've pointed to Tranmere being the underdogs here.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #570 on: February 1, 2022, 09:38:41 pm »
Don't concede goals (unless they're playing Forest Green)

Defences win promotions?
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline Redsnappa

• Pining for No.20
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #571 on: February 2, 2022, 12:49:36 pm »
Don't concede goals (unless they're playing Forest Green)

Defences win promotions?

Well, this is it in a nutshell. The loss of Peter Clarke's staunch centre half partner Tom Davies - who's missed the last three games with a calf injury - was blindingly highlighted by the on-fire FGR attack last Saturday. Lesser attacks like Crawley and last night Stevenage were easier to handle, as should be Barrow away on Saturday - especially with Davies possibly back.

As for goals, they're in dire need again of a James Norwood or Andy Cook. Saying that, Glatzel played well last night, but he, Jolley, Nevitt and the new feller Hemmings need a supply.

Offline CheshireDave

• quite apt, as he's from Gloucestershire and his name's Norman
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #572 on: February 2, 2022, 01:48:33 pm »
FGR have a mighty 200 fans going  :o

They are just a pub team with money. Surprised even 200 are making the trip. Been to Forrest Green for a couple of away games and it's a weird ground devoid of any atmosphere in a tiny village. It also seemed the average age of their fanbase at the ground was about 80 years old.
Fuckin' 'Ell It's Fred Titmus

Offline Redsnappa

• Pining for No.20
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #573 on: February 9, 2022, 04:21:36 am »
They are just a pub team with money. Surprised even 200 are making the trip. Been to Forrest Green for a couple of away games and it's a weird ground devoid of any atmosphere in a tiny village. It also seemed the average age of their fanbase at the ground was about 80 years old.

Some team though, won again last night after being 0-1 down.

Rovers had their best performance of the season on an emotional high last night. First game since a young lad named Nate Gidman - who the Club & supporters taken to their hearts - died from a brain tumour.

I don't think Swindon had a sniff. Tranmere absolutely dominated them, brilliant pressing front-to-back, Hemmings and Glatzel both on fire ... two for Hemmings and one goal and an assist for Glatzel. The new loanee from Everton, Lewis Warrington had a stormer in midfield. Jay Spearing is going to have trouble getting his place back when he gets back from injury  ;D

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/s0lzijvgCxw&amp;ab_channel=OfficialTranmereRovers" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/s0lzijvgCxw&amp;ab_channel=OfficialTranmereRovers</a>

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #574 on: February 12, 2022, 10:47:17 pm »
Not a good day for Tranmere, losing at Walsall, to make it even more annoying, only Exeter won from those teams in the promotion & playoff positions.
#Sausages

Offline 67CherryRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #575 on: February 12, 2022, 10:48:06 pm »
Not a good day for Tranmere, losing at Walsall, to make it even more annoying, only Exeter won from those teams in the promotion & playoff positions.
Surely it would be more annoying if they all won?

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #576 on: February 12, 2022, 11:03:20 pm »
Surely it would be more annoying if they all won?

I see it more as a missed opportunity to gain points on the teams below them.
#Sausages

Offline RideTheWalrus

• Legacy Fan
  • Urge to kill rising...
« Reply #577 on: February 13, 2022, 12:46:21 am »

All I've heard about FGR's ground is negative, apparently they oversell all their away tickets so away fans are completely cattled. The second they draw a big team with a lot of travelling fans in a cup comp, could be dangerous.
Pretty happy with Arse taking it.

Disappointing.
[/quote]

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #578 on: February 13, 2022, 09:14:30 am »
All I've heard about FGR's ground is negative, apparently they oversell all their away tickets so away fans are completely cattled. The second they draw a big team with a lot of travelling fans in a cup comp, could be dangerous.
It’s a fucker to get to, I’ll give it that. Went there following Crewe a couple seasons back and I reckon it’s one of the worst aways to get to from the North West, in a tiny village about 20 miles south of Stroud with only one road of approach. Looks cool and I didn’t have a problem with the ground when I was there, albeit I was one of only about 100 who made the trip. Takes about 3 and a half hours from where I am and isn’t a trip I’ll probably do again.

Shame for Tranmere yesterday, some eyebrow raising results in L2. Mansfield, FGR and Northampton all drew although none had easy fixtures.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline Redsnappa

• Pining for No.20
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #579 on: February 13, 2022, 12:50:30 pm »
They were awful yesterday, lumping the ball up front. Defence as usual miserly but a mad tackle by the Skipper in the box gave Walsall the penalty winner. My way of looking at it was it only cost them one point as they were never going to score in a month of Sundays.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/5LTVPkH-xrI&amp;ab_channel=WalsallFCOfficial" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/5LTVPkH-xrI&amp;ab_channel=WalsallFCOfficial</a>

Fair play to the 1200 away fans, some following that  :thumbup

No Glatzel in the squad, Mellon has confirmed he's pulled a hammy. Can't get a break that lad. :(
« Last Edit: February 13, 2022, 01:02:02 pm by Redsnappa »

Offline Redsnappa

• Pining for No.20
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #580 on: March 3, 2022, 02:54:35 pm »
Tranmere's shirt sponsors Essar are 'up the creek' with a tanker of Russian oil at Tranmere Oil Terminal they're now stuck with.

https://www.birkenhead.news/tanker-with-cargo-of-russian-oil-berths-at-tranmere-oil-terminal/

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #581 on: March 3, 2022, 02:55:30 pm »
Tranmere's shirt sponsors Essar are 'up the creek' with a tanker of Russian oil at Tranmere Oil Terminal they're now stuck with.

https://www.birkenhead.news/tanker-with-cargo-of-russian-oil-berths-at-tranmere-oil-terminal/
Crack it open and use the fucker!

Offline Redsnappa

• Pining for No.20
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #582 on: March 3, 2022, 04:04:23 pm »
Crack it open and use the fucker!

That would be far too sensible!

Offline Jon2lfc

• Legacy Fan
  • It's a blessing to be a Red :)
« Reply #583 on: March 3, 2022, 07:30:09 pm »
They were awful yesterday, lumping the ball up front. Defence as usual miserly but a mad tackle by the Skipper in the box gave Walsall the penalty winner. My way of looking at it was it only cost them one point as they were never going to score in a month of Sundays.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/5LTVPkH-xrI&amp;ab_channel=WalsallFCOfficial" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/5LTVPkH-xrI&amp;ab_channel=WalsallFCOfficial</a>

Fair play to the 1200 away fans, some following that  :thumbup

No Glatzel in the squad, Mellon has confirmed he's pulled a hammy. Can't get a break that lad. :(
Sorry to go off on a tangent, but that vid of that quite unique red, white and green Walsall kit made me look up Walsall's historical footy kits.
God they've had some radical evolution of Home strips - look it up.
In the last 30 years it's like anything goes!
Red, white, green, black, blue, checks, stripes, blocks... and this is their Home kit!

Offline 67CherryRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #584 on: March 3, 2022, 08:53:08 pm »
Sorry to go off on a tangent, but that vid of that quite unique red, white and green Walsall kit made me look up Walsall's historical footy kits.
God they've had some radical evolution of Home strips - look it up.
In the last 30 years it's like anything goes!
Red, white, green, black, blue, checks, stripes, blocks... and this is their Home kit!
http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Walsall/Walsall.htm

I dunno you know, I don't think it's any stranger than what Barcelona have been up to over the last 10 years.

They'd turn heads if they brought back their September 1874 kit though.

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #585 on: March 3, 2022, 08:58:04 pm »
Thought this was bumped because Everton had asked for a groundshare.  ;D
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline Redsnappa

• Pining for No.20
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #586 on: March 3, 2022, 10:19:21 pm »
Thought this was bumped because Everton had asked for a groundshare.  ;D

;D

No way they'd be able to outbid our Women's team the state of them at the moment.

Not only that, Mark Palios would be well aware of Everton's iffy attitude to paying rent  8)

Offline Redsnappa

• Pining for No.20
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #587 on: March 11, 2022, 11:38:26 am »
You've got to say Gerry was absolutely bang on here ...   ::)

Rovers have been absolutely dire for weeks now. Lost four out of the last five, dropping like a stone. Now down to 7th and if they don't win tonight they could be 10th by Saturday evening.

Yes, Friday night football is back for a blast from the past. Paul Glatzel and Jay Spearing both training this week so there's a lot of fingers crossed for a change in Mellon's tactics and a long-awaited win against an admittedly in-form Mansfield Town, unbeaten in their last fourteen games.

Offline Redsnappa

• Pining for No.20
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #588 on: March 12, 2022, 07:15:43 am »
Well that was some game ... and they finally managed a win with a 95th minute cracker from Elliot Nevitt.  8)

Glatzel was sharp in his first game back. Missed a couple of chances, but his all-round play was excellent, did a lovely turn on the wing at one point that had the commentators purring. Unfortunately, he broke down injured in the second half. Plenty of luck that lad has ... and it's all bad.  ::)

They should bring Friday night football at PP back for good!

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/xSXruZZjnlU&amp;ab_channel=OfficialTranmereRovers" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/xSXruZZjnlU&amp;ab_channel=OfficialTranmereRovers</a>

Offline Redsnappa

• Pining for No.20
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #589 on: August 22, 2022, 05:53:51 pm »
Tranmere Rovers (Super White Army Birkenhead) v Newcastle United (Barcodes Saudi Arabia) EFL Cup Round 2

Well, a mahoooossive game for Tranmere Wednesday night. Been a long time coming having something to look forward to after the debacle of that promotion attempt back end of last season and the 'meh' start to this one.

It's Mellon in one week and Mellon out the next ... Palios getting some of the same stick. Hope the lads do themselves and the Leisure Peninsula proud on Weds night.

9850 sales v Newcastle Wed 24 Aug 7.45pm KO. Only a few hospitality tickets remain, just 246 left Town Paddock, 227 Beb Paddock. 700 JK, 1150 main stand, 2300 Kop. Can we reach 10,000 before 8pm tonight. Buy online or club shop tomorrow. All visitors welcome #SWA #TRFC #NUFC

https://twitter.com/Tranmere_Trust/status/1561749734024429570

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #590 on: August 22, 2022, 05:55:26 pm »
Got mine. First ever Tranmere game. Going with a about 7 others from work. Looking forward to it

Offline Redsnappa

• Pining for No.20
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #591 on: August 22, 2022, 05:57:19 pm »
Got mine. First ever Tranmere game. Going with a about 7 others from work. Looking forward to it

Good stuff feller, they need the support (and your dosh)!  ;D

Offline anfieldpurch

• Simple
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 96!!
« Reply #592 on: August 24, 2022, 04:40:43 pm »
Going to this tonight, an old colleague of mine lives local to the ground so meeting up and catching up and hopefully see an upset in the cup
Proud father to Riley James Lucas 16/3/17

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #593 on: August 24, 2022, 07:56:13 pm »
Nice gesture from the Tranmere fans for Olivia Pratt-Korbel.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Redsnappa

• Pining for No.20
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #594 on: August 24, 2022, 07:59:05 pm »
Nice gesture from the Tranmere fans for Olivia Pratt-Korbel.

... the Away fans joining in too. Has hit everyone in the Country I think.

Offline mikeb58

• The Poet Laureate of the Hillsborough forum and indeed, now, the rest of the site! Allez, allez, allez......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • kopite
« Reply #595 on: August 24, 2022, 08:06:43 pm »
Rovers 1-0 up
Hillsborough...Our Greatest Victory (out now)

Offline Statto Red

• Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
#Sausages

Offline gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #597 on: August 24, 2022, 08:06:55 pm »
Get in. Lovely move that.
AHA!

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #598 on: August 24, 2022, 08:09:17 pm »
Get in. Lovely move that.
My daughters BF just been telling me about Nevitt. He use to play sunday league for the Allerton, anyone local here will know the team. He's a rising star :)

Offline Redsnappa

• Pining for No.20
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #599 on: August 24, 2022, 08:09:32 pm »
Wonderful stuff! Long way to go obvs, but what a great start!