Author Topic: The Joe Biden Presidency Thread - 46th President of the United States  (Read 172143 times)

Offline KillieRed

• Jaro a.k.a. goatjumpingqueuefucker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
Re: The Joe Biden Presidency Thread - 46th President of the United States
« Reply #1960 on: June 3, 2023, 06:28:46 pm »
Love how people are trying to stick anything on Biden have gone with how decrepit he is. Trump has all the same failings with added psychological deficits and a long history of immoral and criminal behaviour. If you were a functioning adult and had to choose between them surely there’s only one choice. Unless you’re in it for the red tie and the racism.
The best way to scare a Tory is to read and get rich” - Idles.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1961 on: June 3, 2023, 08:02:24 pm »
My Life Alert funny got deleted huh? Any reason, no sense of humor! I removed the Seinfeld one just in case.
What you might think is funny others don't mate.
That's a really polite answer to that pic you posted.

Offline Lone Star Red

• Tex
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1962 on: June 3, 2023, 08:44:16 pm »
Sensitive bunch.
You cannot call overseas Liverpool supporters glory hunters. We’ve won one trophy this decade. If they’re glory hunters, they’re really bad ones. They’re actually journey hunters. It’s the journey and the story. Something about Liverpool has grabbed them." - Neil Atkinson (May, 2019)

"So don’t think about it – just play football.” - Jurgen Klopp

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1963 on: June 3, 2023, 08:59:57 pm »
Sensitive bunch.
Would you like to elaborate Loney mate?
In your world is the giggle about Biden falling over more important than old people's safety issues?

Offline Lone Star Red

• Tex
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1964 on: June 3, 2023, 09:50:34 pm »
Life Alert commercials are an American tradition, as is making fun of them and how ridiculous they tend to be.

What Boston posted was remarkably harmless, especially compared to many things I have read on this forum.
You cannot call overseas Liverpool supporters glory hunters. We’ve won one trophy this decade. If they’re glory hunters, they’re really bad ones. They’re actually journey hunters. It’s the journey and the story. Something about Liverpool has grabbed them." - Neil Atkinson (May, 2019)

"So don’t think about it – just play football.” - Jurgen Klopp

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1965 on: June 3, 2023, 10:31:55 pm »
Love how people are trying to stick anything on Biden have gone with how decrepit he is. Trump has all the same failings with added psychological deficits and a long history of immoral and criminal behaviour. If you were a functioning adult and had to choose between them surely there’s only one choice. Unless you’re in it for the red tie and the racism.

Probably because with jobs growth  https://edition.cnn.com/2023/06/02/economy/may-jobs-report-final/index.html, falling inflation  https://www.fxstreet.com/news/us-inflation-to-be-significantly-lower-than-eurozone-inflation-at-the-end-of-2023-natixis-202305290902, debt ceiling bill passed, etc, there’s not much to criticise him for in terms of the actual job he’s doing. 

So in the absence of that the ‘low hall’ is lobbed at his physicality, while some take aim at his mental agility due to his age/speech impediment.  On-the-job achievements suggest he’s bright enough.

I can think of worse presidents.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1966 on: June 3, 2023, 10:45:43 pm »
A recent Fox poll said 60% thought Biden was not mentally capable enough to be president (obviously it's going to be skewered because of who did it), but 56% in the same poll thought the same about Trump. Also, 9% said Biden was more honest than Trump and 8% said Biden was more empathic.

I think they missed a zero of that last one, but in general for a Fox poll that's a pretty good result for Biden. It's telling that the only things the right have to throw at him is his age/infirmity and his son.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1967 on: June 3, 2023, 11:03:10 pm »

I think they missed a zero of that last one, but in general for a Fox poll that's a pretty good result for Biden. It's telling that the only things the right have to throw at him is his age/infirmity and his son.

With regards to the latter, don’t even think they can throw that anymore

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/james-comer-joe-biden-hunter-biden-press-conference-b2336459.html

Offline jambutty

• The Gok Wan of RAWK. Tripespotting Advocate. Oakley style guru. Hardman St. arl arse, "Ridiculously cool" -Atko- Impending U.S. Civil War Ostrich. Too old to suffer wankers and WUMs on here.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • June 20, 2009. Still no justice for Neda
« Reply #1968 on: June 4, 2023, 10:22:13 pm »
If you've seen the smile on McCarthy's face lately, it's called relief.

He knows by playing ball and actually getting proper things done, he can be Speaker until the Dems retake the House next election because enough of the oppo will vote (with Biden's approval) to keep him in if Chips Ahoy and Goatsarse try to remove him.
Kill the humourless

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1969 on: June 5, 2023, 07:41:14 am »
I've cleaned the thread up and removed the abuse.
My Life Alert funny got deleted huh? Any reason, no sense of humor! I removed the Seinfeld one just in case.
Life Alert commercials are an American tradition, as is making fun of them and how ridiculous they tend to be.
What Boston posted was remarkably harmless, especially compared to many things I have read on this forum.
^ ^ ^
And I'll reiterate, being concerned about old people falling over is not harmless, humourless or sensitive. Go and find a different forum if you want to post shit like that.

Offline Boston always unofficial

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1970 on: June 5, 2023, 09:32:31 pm »
Not sure why ya having a pop at me,i only asked why it was deleted.Nowt to do with his age .not to do with trump or maga or whatever y'all think,but from wiki.
By 1990, the Phoenix New Times reported that "From coast to coast, from playground to barroom, an enfeebled whine rings out across the land. All together now: 'I've fallen . . . and I can't get up!'" The catchphrase appeared on t-shirts, novelty records, and in standup comedy.[3] In 1992, a sample of the catchphrase was featured in parody artist "Weird Al" Yankovic's song "I Can't Watch This" (a parody of M.C. Hammer's "U Can't Touch This"). A sample was also used in "Silent Inferno" by the Flower Kings on the 2002 album Unfold the Future. The phrase was parodied in several television shows including The Golden Girls, Family Matters, Roseanne, and The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air.[5] In 1993, Gary Larson drew a Far Side cartoon featuring the "I've fallen, and I can't get up" building. A sample of the phrase was also featured in a track used only in the Japanese Sega Saturn version of Fighting Vipers when the player is in the training stage.

The 2017 Blue Sky Studios movie Ferdinand spoofed the quote as "I've fallen, and I can't giddyup!", said by Hans.

considering some of the shit posted about The Queen etc on here,it was harmless fun but nuff said.Y'all win.

Offline DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1971 on: June 5, 2023, 09:45:29 pm »
Joe Biden is an elected political figure unlike the monarchy, his family history isn't built on colonial oppression, theft and hoarding either.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1972 on: June 5, 2023, 10:14:50 pm »
Doesn't get a freebie because of that.I was deemed offensive for having a go at his age,which i wasn't.i haven't read all the royal thread but i bet there was some stuff about her age that got a pass.I think they're all fair game to poke fun at Pope,king,president,PM.No Gods,No Masters.

Offline Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1973 on: June 5, 2023, 10:29:16 pm »
I don't remember anyone ever having a go at the queen for her age.

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1974 on: June 5, 2023, 10:38:59 pm »
Doesn't get a freebie because of that.I was deemed offensive for having a go at his age,which i wasn't.i haven't read all the royal thread but i bet there was some stuff about her age that got a pass.I think they're all fair game to poke fun at Pope,king,president,PM.No Gods,No Masters.

Why ‘poke fun’ at folk because of age?  I’d guess most on here hope to live to a ripe old age, given the alternative.

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1975 on: June 6, 2023, 08:16:09 am »

Quite the claim. I could be wrong, but I cannot remember any ageism in the royal thread. We’re too busy complaining about an untaxed hereditary head of state to give a crap about age.

Offline Shankly998

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1976 on: June 7, 2023, 01:56:47 am »
I don't remember anyone ever having a go at the queen for her age.

Maybe because the queen wasn't actually responsible for governing the country and always seemed compos mentis in her old age as opposed to Biden who is definitely showing signs of cognitive decline. There's a very real possibility he drops dead during his second term 86 is old.
« Last Edit: June 7, 2023, 01:58:33 am by Shankly998 »

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1977 on: June 7, 2023, 08:37:25 am »
I don't think there's a problem with Biden's mind. It's his body. I don't know about anyone else here but I'm often clumsy because my brain is faster than my body, so I tend to fumble stuff. Not terribly so, but it's definitely become more noticeable in the past seven years, and I'm barely 50.

Aa for the queen, she was able to delegate many day to day duties to Charles (and he's only six years younger than Biden). The US system doesn't allow for a regent.

Popcorn's Art

Offline jambutty

• The Gok Wan of RAWK. Tripespotting Advocate. Oakley style guru. Hardman St. arl arse, "Ridiculously cool" -Atko- Impending U.S. Civil War Ostrich. Too old to suffer wankers and WUMs on here.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1978 on: June 7, 2023, 01:23:41 pm »
There's a very real possibility he drops dead during his second term 86 is old.

You have access to his medical records?

If he dies or becomes incapacitated, the Vice President and Cabinet will continue his policies.

He was elected on an agenda.

My Mum is 98 and bedridden.

She'll probably die of boredom.

Fwiw, being married to a beautiful younger woman will often put a spring in your step.  See Picasso.
« Last Edit: June 7, 2023, 01:36:29 pm by jambutty »
Kill the humourless

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1979 on: June 7, 2023, 02:02:30 pm »

Fwiw, being married to a beautiful younger woman will often put a spring in your step.  See John Henry.

Popcorn's Art

Offline KillieRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1980 on: June 7, 2023, 02:56:03 pm »

And Donald Trump?

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, supposedly.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #1981 on: June 7, 2023, 03:31:42 pm »
And Donald Trump?

The woman actually has to love you back

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1982 on: June 7, 2023, 04:25:05 pm »
And Donald Trump?

In Trump's case, the wallet. Or hush money payment.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Shankly998

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1983 on: June 8, 2023, 01:01:46 am »
You have access to his medical records?

If he dies or becomes incapacitated, the Vice President and Cabinet will continue his policies.

He was elected on an agenda.

My Mum is 98 and bedridden.

She'll probably die of boredom.

Fwiw, being married to a beautiful younger woman will often put a spring in your step.  See Picasso.

Just the actuarial tables. A majority of Americans think he's too old for a second term and they're not too fond of his replacement should he die or become incapacitated to say the least. Anyone who thinks this won't play a role in the general is deluding themselves.

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/broad-doubts-bidens-age-acuity-spell-republican-opportunity/story?id=99109308
https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/polls/approval/kamala-harris/

« Last Edit: June 8, 2023, 01:03:29 am by Shankly998 »

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Veo, to his mates. Shares 50% of his DNA with a banana. Would dearly love to strangle Frankengoose. Lo! Be he not ye Messiah, verily be he a child of questionable conduct in the eyes of Ye Holy Border Guards.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I... think I am, therefore...I....maybe.
« Reply #1984 on: June 8, 2023, 09:51:42 am »
As someone who doesn't follow the minutiae of US politics, could someone just briefly explain something to me. During the last election I quite liked the look of the VP, she seemed competent, confident and genuine (for a politician that is), and I got the feeling I wasn't alone in thinking that way - maybe I was alone in thinking that way, who knows. Now she is definitely looked upon as an albatross around an ancient mariner's neck. So what happened? Was I just wrong in the first place?
NAKED BOOBERY

Rile-Me costed L. Nee-Naw "The Child" Torrence the first jack the hat-trick since Eon Rush vs Accursed Toffos, many moons passed. Nee-Naw he could have done a concreted his palace in the pantyhose off the LibPole Gods...was not was for the invented intervention of Rile-Me whistler.

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Batshit fucker and Chief Yuletide Porcine Voyeur
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1985 on: June 8, 2023, 10:02:57 am »
As someone who doesn't follow the minutiae of US politics, could someone just briefly explain something to me. During the last election I quite liked the look of the VP, she seemed competent, confident and genuine (for a politician that is), and I got the feeling I wasn't alone in thinking that way - maybe I was alone in thinking that way, who knows. Now she is definitely looked upon as an albatross around an ancient mariner's neck. So what happened? Was I just wrong in the first place?
She's not great. But, really, it is just that Democrats are held to a different (much higher) standard. She's within the normal range of human beings - we can say this of very few Republicans. As a politician, she's 'fine' and much safer than any of the Republican Presidential candidates or their likely running mates. In short, I think the criticisms are generally unfair.
would rather have a wank wearing a barb wire glove
If you're chasing thrills, try a bit of auto-asphyxiation with a poppers-soaked orange in your gob.

Offline jambutty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1986 on: June 8, 2023, 10:09:51 am »
So what happened? Was I just wrong in the first place?

Yup.
Kill the humourless

Offline jambutty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Kill the humourless

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1988 on: June 16, 2023, 09:51:40 pm »
Just the actuarial tables. A majority of Americans think he's too old for a second term and they're not too fond of his replacement should he die or become incapacitated to say the least. Anyone who thinks this won't play a role in the general is deluding themselves.

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/broad-doubts-bidens-age-acuity-spell-republican-opportunity/story?id=99109308

It may do if there was a credible opponent, rather than the mad orange danger to national security.

Offline jambutty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1989 on: June 17, 2023, 12:31:15 am »

Why would you breathe life into his (discredited, I believe) ageist argument?
Kill the humourless

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1990 on: June 17, 2023, 03:13:50 am »
Why would you breathe life into his (discredited, I believe) ageist argument?
Surely, just a statement of fact: the majority of Americans do think Biden is too old. The reason this is not mentioned in relation to Trump is that he being a batshit crazy, criminal, I need to use a thesaurus, fascist bastard is of even more pressing concern.

Further - again, as a statement of fact - if Biden dies, the electorate get Harris. And - yet again, as another statement of fact - the electorate really do not like Harris.

Therefore, if Biden/Harris were up against nearly anyone but Trump, as a practical matter, I would urge for the selection of different Democratic candidates. But so long as Trump appears to be the Republican candidate, I am not worried. And if, by some miracle Trump is not the Republican candidate, enough Republicans are likely to stay at home for it to still not matter. Win-win!

There is one scenario where Biden/Harris lose: if Trump dies before the election and someone like De Santis is selected instead. In those circumstances, I think enough Trump supporters would turn out and vote for De Santis to possibly win.
If you're chasing thrills, try a bit of auto-asphyxiation with a poppers-soaked orange in your gob.

Offline jambutty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1991 on: June 17, 2023, 12:46:12 pm »
If Biden dies in office the agenda won't change.

Could actually overachieve as legacy/commemorative/sympathy legislation.

The admin is doing a great job, why give the oppo any encouragement?

Critics should STFU until they have summat to complain about.
Kill the humourless

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #1992 on: June 17, 2023, 12:58:03 pm »
If Biden dies in office the agenda won't change.

Could actually overachieve as legacy/commemorative/sympathy legislation.

The admin is doing a great job, why give the oppo any encouragement?

Critics should STFU until they have summat to complain about.

No more promises in the dark?
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline jambutty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Kill the humourless

Offline hide5seek

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in THE 5 EUROPEAN CUPS
« Reply #1994 on: June 17, 2023, 02:13:38 pm »

How much younger is Trump and  which one is fitter?

Offline KillieRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1995 on: June 17, 2023, 02:18:09 pm »
Trump is 3 years younger, his fitness must be questionable considering his girth.

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1996 on: June 17, 2023, 02:55:15 pm »
Surely, just a statement of fact: the majority of Americans do think Biden is too old. The reason this is not mentioned in relation to Trump is that he being a batshit crazy, criminal, I need to use a thesaurus, fascist bastard is of even more pressing concern.
Really!? A filter for that particular word? I am a bit surprised. I guess I could/should have used it in scare quotes. I was going to write, 'sexual assaulter', but that definition arising from the E. Jean Carroll case does not properly convey Trump's actions.

For clarity: 'rap*y'. Am I missing something?

Offline KillieRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1997 on: June 17, 2023, 03:23:27 pm »
He got off on that actual charge therefore it’s legally dubious?

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1998 on: June 17, 2023, 04:26:24 pm »
He got off on that actual charge therefore it’s legally dubious?
He was found liable for 'sexual assault'. But that legal phrase varies a lot in its technical meaning across different jurisdictions. Anyway. No biggie. I was just surprised by this use of the profanity filter.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1999 on: June 19, 2023, 06:03:57 pm »
Is Biden a Sex Pistols fan? GSTQ man!!