Author Topic: Today's shooting - The Sandy Hook Memorial Thread - Thoughts and Prayers  (Read 531833 times)

Offline Giono

• Legacy Fan
  • And stop calling me Shirley
Re: This month's mass shooting. 8/11/18: 12 killed at Thousand Oaks Bar
« Reply #3560 on: April 28, 2019, 04:47:26 pm »
Haha, I'm not sure that's going to happen is it?

Oliver North is stepping down as their President with rumours about conflict over financials of the org.That Russian woman Buttina they dealt with is in jail. Her Trump donor collector is going to trial.

The nature of these tragedies is now more racial and polutical. These gunmen are not lone wolves but have support networks on the internet.

The Dems used to be eplit on the NRA and fearful. They are now almost unanimous and do not fear the NRA.

The NRA is now solidly Trumpian. That will have a cost in the future.

The landscape is changing. Who knows what could happen. The Dems have already threatened having a Dem President declaring a "national emergency" eventually a la Trump.

"I am a great believer in luck and the harder I work the more of it I have." Stephen Leacock

Offline jason67

• He likes the 15cm morning glory boy!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #3561 on: April 28, 2019, 05:42:56 pm »
The landscape is changing.W ho knows what could happen. The Dems have already threatened having a Dem President declaring a "national emergency" eventually a la Trump.
No it's not. Once you understand that big business controls policy and dictates what will happen around the world then you'll know that nothing will change.

Look how much money any ex Premier, President, Prime Minster is worth now compared to when they went into office, tens of millions or even more, and that's not even taking into account the rest of the money grabbing twats.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, politicians are there to look after themselves, not us.

(sorry Alan but that's how it is).
At last the TRUTH 26th April 2016

Still don't buy the s*n.

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #3562 on: April 28, 2019, 09:36:25 pm »
So is Trump Nero or Caligula?

Neither. They were more clever than he can ever hope to be.  ;D

Offline Giono

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3563 on: April 30, 2019, 04:43:01 am »

Michael Skolnik (@MichaelSkolnik)
2019-04-27, 8:40 PM
Poway: AR-15
Aurora: AR-15
Orlando: AR-15
Parkland: AR-15
Las Vegas: AR-15
Sandy Hook: AR-15
Umpqua CC: AR-15
Waffle House: AR-15
Texas Church: AR-15
San Bernardino: AR-15
Tree of Life Synagogue: AR-15

"I am a great believer in luck and the harder I work the more of it I have." Stephen Leacock

Offline Giono

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3564 on: April 30, 2019, 05:11:05 am »
No it's not. Once you understand that big business controls policy and dictates what will happen around the world then you'll know that nothing will change.

Look how much money any ex Premier, President, Prime Minster is worth now compared to when they went into office, tens of millions or even more, and that's not even taking into account the rest of the money grabbing twats.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, politicians are there to look after themselves, not us.

(sorry Alan but that's how it is).

Big business needs buy in. It's why they spend so much on advertising. It's why their politicians do to.

Yet with all this money spent advertising and lobbying and 40 years getting their way they are breeding 2 generations of social democrats and counting. Their leadership is old and gray. When the pendulum swings it will be hard and swift.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3565 on: April 30, 2019, 11:50:42 pm »
UNC Charlotte has an active shooter.

UNCC OEM @NinerAlerts

NinerAlert: Shots reported near kennedy. Run, Hide, Fight. Secure yourself immediately. Monitor email and http://emergency.uncc.edu

10:50 PM - Apr 30, 2019

https://www.rawstory.com/2019/04/three-shooting-victims-at-unc-charlotte-campus-report/
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #3566 on: May 1, 2019, 12:08:29 am »
Fuck sakes that’s close to home!!

Offline fowlermagic

• Ilittarate
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3567 on: May 7, 2019, 04:43:22 pm »
A Texas bartender who served a man the night he shot his estranged wife and seven others in 2017 has been charged with criminal negligence. Lindsey Glass was arrested in Plano last month, accused of violating a state alcohol law by selling to "an intoxicated or insane person". Authorities allege Ms Glass should have known to stop serving Spencer Hight as he appeared drunk and armed.She faces a year in jail, a $500 (Ł382) fine, or both.

://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-48190408 for the full story

Crazy to think she can be facing charges while every day the NRA are trying to make it easier and easier for the guns to end up in the hands of the not quite so sane.
I have a simple philosophy: Fill what's empty. Empty what's full. Scratch where it itches. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zi5-V75v-6I

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3568 on: May 7, 2019, 05:41:54 pm »
A Texas bartender who served a man the night he shot his estranged wife and seven others in 2017 has been charged with criminal negligence. Lindsey Glass was arrested in Plano last month, accused of violating a state alcohol law by selling to "an intoxicated or insane person". Authorities allege Ms Glass should have known to stop serving Spencer Hight as he appeared drunk and armed.She faces a year in jail, a $500 (Ł382) fine, or both.

://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-48190408 for the full story

Crazy to think she can be facing charges while every day the NRA are trying to make it easier and easier for the guns to end up in the hands of the not quite so sane.

Priorities,guns don't kill people bar tenders do.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3569 on: May 7, 2019, 06:37:38 pm »
If only the bartender had a gun, she could have shot him before he killed people.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3571 on: June 1, 2019, 12:14:28 am »
Only eleven dead this time.

Virginia Beach: At least 11 killed in mass shooting, police say

Eleven people were killed and six others injured in a mass shooting at a government building in the US state of Virginia, police said.

Police said the suspect, a long-term and current Virginia Beach city employee, fired "indiscriminately" in a public utilities building.

The gunman, whose identity was not released, was killed when police responded to the incident.

Reports of the shooting started shortly after 16:00 (20:00 GMT) on Friday.

Police Chief James Cervera said the gunman returned fire on police officers but was killed in the exchange.

A police officer was among the six wounded after a bullet struck his vest, Chief Cervera told reporters.

Police said they believed the gunman had acted alone, but the motive for the shooting was not immediately clear.

"This is the most devastating day in the history of Virginia Beach," the mayor, Robert Dyer, told reporters at a press conference.

The area around the building, which contains a range of city government buildings, was put into lockdown and employees were evacuated.

"We just heard people yelling and screaming at people to get down," Megan Banton, an administrative assistant in the building, told local television news station WAVY.

Another employee told the AP news agency she and others heard shooting, but didn't think the gunfire was close.

"I just thank god they were able to alert us in time, because if it had been 10 minutes more we would have all been outside," Sheila Cook said.

Virginia governor Ralph Northam described the incident as a "tragic day" for the city and the state.

"My heart breaks for the victims of this devastating shooting, their families, and all who loved them," he said on Twitter. "I am on my way to Virginia Beach now and will be there within the hour."

The FBI was at the scene helping local authorities investigate the shooting, US media reported.

According to US tracking website Gun Violence Archive the incident is the 150th mass shooting incident in the US this year.
« Last Edit: June 1, 2019, 01:12:54 am by WhereAngelsPlay »

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #3572 on: June 1, 2019, 12:16:24 am »
Thoughts and prayers.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #3573 on: June 1, 2019, 12:17:03 am »
If only the bartender had a gun, she could have shot him before he killed people.

They should be bringing in nanotech and get the glasses armed so they can react against bartenders and take out potential madmen and angry people.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3574 on: June 1, 2019, 01:02:24 am »
Mental health issues.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3575 on: June 1, 2019, 01:13:10 am »
According to US tracking website Gun Violence Archive the incident is the 150th mass shooting incident in the US this year.

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3576 on: June 1, 2019, 07:55:24 am »
Madness.

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #3577 on: June 1, 2019, 08:27:58 am »
"We will release his name ONCE. We're going to mention his name ONCE. Then he will forever be referred to as the suspect because our focus now is the dignity and respect to the victims in this case & to their families." -#VirginiaBeach Police Chief James Cervera. #nonotoriety https://t.co/48mWgy5nhY

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #3578 on: June 1, 2019, 08:58:01 am »
The US honestly don't care about their citizens being shot do they?

This year alone; 22,076 incidents and 5,811 US Citizens killed by guns.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3579 on: June 1, 2019, 11:05:43 am »

The gun industry is worth billions so it negates all deaths.

Offline MrGrumpy

• Miserable old man. Does things with Nutella while trying not to think about football.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3580 on: June 1, 2019, 03:40:05 pm »
I am no longer shocked when I read about a mass shooting in the US. My sadness for those who lost their loved ones, is made worse by the fact that they live in a country where there is insufficient public or political will to make this mass shooting the last.
Justice for the 96!

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3581 on: June 1, 2019, 03:52:33 pm »

Dead people don't buy guns, that's about as far as it goes.

Although people getting killed by guns instills fear in other people so they buy guns, so it all evens out.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3582 on: June 7, 2019, 06:31:37 pm »
Facing 97yrs,priorities  ::)

Parkland shooting: Should school officer be jailed for child neglect?

Charging him with child neglect but hundreds of gun owners who's weapons are used by children each year get away scot free.

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3583 on: June 7, 2019, 06:38:55 pm »

Charging him with child neglect but hundreds of gun owners who's weapons are used by children each year get away scot free.

Heard about this while in Florida. This is all down to that shithouse Trump. No-one in their right mind would go up against a shooter, armed with an AR15 and fuck knows what else, on their own and only armed with a handgun. All this he could have saved such and such bollocks, only thing he was likely to do was add himself to the death toll.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
« Reply #3584 on: June 7, 2019, 06:44:47 pm »
I think there's a point in punishing him for not doing his job. Then again they're going way too far with this. It's just easier to throw the book at a single guy rather than trying to actually fix the problem.

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3585 on: June 8, 2019, 12:01:19 am »

Someone better start arresting the whole of the LAPD. Their motto is "To Protect and to Serve". Anyone murdered, raped, bashed, robbed is technically not being looked after by someone they are paying for.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline ScottScott

• Thugby...It's just not rugger old chap!!!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3586 on: June 10, 2019, 03:53:44 pm »
Fuck that whole country and fuck everyone who lives there. Rather punish and jail someone for 100 years than face the issue that guns are widely available and used every single day to murder or harm people. Fuck the whole lot of you over there, you deserve everything you get

Offline Mumm-Ra

• Dunking Heretic. Mexican drug runner. Can go whistle for a pair of decent trainees! Your own personal cheese. Yes.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3587 on: June 10, 2019, 05:49:38 pm »
Fuck that whole country and fuck everyone who lives there. Rather punish and jail someone for 100 years than face the issue that guns are widely available and used every single day to murder or harm people. Fuck the whole lot of you over there, you deserve everything you get

Haha ok chief

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3588 on: June 10, 2019, 05:50:34 pm »
The fuck you on about?

So everyone in the UK deserves the shit that happens from Brexit?

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3589 on: June 10, 2019, 05:53:36 pm »
The fuck you on about?

Poor analogy Chak,we had some terrible gun incidents and we as a country decided enough is enough.

America just shrugs it's shoulders and prays some more.

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3590 on: June 10, 2019, 05:54:26 pm »
Poor analogy Chak,we had some terrible gun incidents and we as a country decided enough is enough.

No one is saying America isn't fucked or a fucked up country. But to say everyone who lives here deserves it, is fucking offside. There's a ton of people trying to fight the good fight.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3591 on: June 10, 2019, 05:59:58 pm »
No one is saying America isn't fucked or a fucked up country. But to say everyone who lives here deserves it, is fucking offside. There's a ton of people trying to fight the good fight.

I agree that it is too far but hold the same view with regards to Drumpf,with him I said from the very beginning that the sooner his policies hit Americans hard both monetary,freedom and in lots of cases loss of life the better (wrong thread and don't want to derail this one).

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3592 on: June 10, 2019, 06:07:58 pm »

I agree that it is too far but hold the same view with regards to Drumpf,with him I said from the very beginning that the sooner his policies hit Americans hard both monetary,freedom and in lots of cases loss of life the better (wrong thread and don't want to derail this one).

They put trump in a place where he can do damage, and that's on his base and the GOP, but honestly not everyone in the US deserves what's happening. So I take great offense to someone like Scott who basically paints everyone with the same brush. Fuck that.

Offline vagabond

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3593 on: June 10, 2019, 06:43:51 pm »
im pretty sure poll after poll has shown that the majority of americans want stricter gun control, their political system is just broken and hijacked by the gop and their donors (like the nra).
Sometimes a man stands up during supper
and walks outdoors, and keeps on walking,
because of a church that stands somewhere in the East.
---Rilke

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Batshit fucker and Chief Yuletide Porcine Voyeur
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3594 on: June 10, 2019, 06:52:46 pm »
Yeah. But, many American's might say the same about Brexit and the UK. So, what of that!? 'Fuck you', yeah?
would rather have a wank wearing a barb wire glove
If you're chasing thrills, try a bit of auto-asphyxiation with a poppers-soaked orange in your gob.

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3595 on: June 10, 2019, 06:53:09 pm »
The fuck you on about?

You beat me to it! :)
If you're chasing thrills, try a bit of auto-asphyxiation with a poppers-soaked orange in your gob.

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3596 on: June 10, 2019, 06:55:44 pm »

Not at all. In both cases the whole population is being blamed for the actions/views of a subsection of that society. 'Fuck you' to a whole country is akin to collective punishment. Sorry. Another analogy, and I generally try to avoid them.

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3597 on: June 10, 2019, 06:57:01 pm »
They put trump in a place where he can do damage, and that's on his base and the GOP, but honestly not everyone in the US deserves what's happening. So I take great offense to someone like Scott who basically paints everyone with the same brush. Fuck that.
I lived in the US for seven years until last summer. I agree with you.

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3598 on: June 10, 2019, 07:00:13 pm »
I lived in the US for seven years until last summer. I agree with you.

I've lived here since around 2008. It's gone through a helluva lot of changes and it's definitely sliding backwards. But there's a lot of people trying to fight to keep it going back to dark ages.

Offline Lone Star Red

• Tex
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3599 on: June 11, 2019, 09:40:27 pm »

Cheers, Scott!
You cannot call overseas Liverpool supporters glory hunters. We’ve won one trophy this decade. If they’re glory hunters, they’re really bad ones. They’re actually journey hunters. It’s the journey and the story. Something about Liverpool has grabbed them." - Neil Atkinson (May, 2019)

"So don’t think about it – just play football.” - Jurgen Klopp