Author Topic: Man Utd 1 Liverpool 0 post game  (Read 112337 times)

Offline Walk on, walk on

• Legacy Fan
  • You'll never walk alone.
Re: Man Utd 1 Liverpool 0 post game
« Reply #1760 on: January 10, 2011, 05:02:34 pm »
sorry not interested in what the Judas has to say.

« Last Edit: Today at 04:57:58 PM by Pheeny »

Ouch  :P
Liverpool don't turn up against shit teams so Wenger picks the shittest line up possible.
The man is a genius!

Offline brussels sprout

• Fucking Beaut.
  • Kopite
« Reply #1761 on: January 10, 2011, 05:03:13 pm »
We've all got this wrong. That paragon of honesty and man love for hodgson and ferguson paddy barclay says it was deffo a pen in today's times. Debate over.

Fuck off you bald c*nt
A bastion of invincibility

Offline gollne

• clearance...
  • Legacy Fan
  • Arts pics like ass in the morning
« Reply #1762 on: January 10, 2011, 05:03:56 pm »
WHOA WHOA WHOA!

Giggs pen? You kidding right? Brilliant tackle by Shelvey. Watch it again, he gets his foot on the ball first, then Giggs goes down.

Blimey some blind bats in here!

Only saw it once mate, sure you are right. Was trying to be diplomatic. :)
Rafa: Are you not entertained? Are you not entertained? Is this not why you are here?

Crowd: Spaniard, Spaniard, Spaniard...

Offline andy in warrington

• ...wanking in the work bogs
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1763 on: January 10, 2011, 05:06:38 pm »
I agree on the so called giggs penalty during that mad scramble. It was a great tackle cleanly taking the ball. However under Howard Webb's rules maybe that constitutes a penalty and we got away with it.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #1764 on: January 10, 2011, 05:19:34 pm »
Perhaps it is me being biased. At the time I was thinking pen, on second look thought... that's a bit of a dive, but after watching repeatedly after the match, he seemed to have contact and fall. Like Theo. It's not admireable, but in todays modern game I'd like to see my own players do it to be honest.

Yeah I meant a peno and not a red btw.

It's a shame the game was ruined as a spectacle with the Gerrard red and the pen. But whilst it is lamentable, I suppose the ref has to give it no matter the time.

The game at Anfield is massive for our season.

It wasn't a pen. It was a dive. Minimal contact then a step and a half a step and then goes down. When he hits the deck, Agger is about half a foot away from him. Clear dive. The lino standing right there clearly thought it wasn't a pen - and yet a ref standing 35 yards away through a crowd of players gives it. Joke. As Dalglish said.

Gerrard perhaps deserved to go - but the other lad also dove in. But the real issue was Rafael - in the air - studs up - clear Red - especially given Gerrards. Nothing given. Not even a freekick. Shocking.

So many 50-50s given your way - pretty duff all around. You could say that Webb had a bad game - but he didn't. All the results continually went one way and one way only.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline dino8880

• Boys Pen
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1765 on: January 10, 2011, 05:20:46 pm »
long live the king!. went straight out this morning and got tattooed n0.7, dalglish. fuckin get in

Offline JohnnoWhite

• Deliverer of the -Q- de grace.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thought I was wrong once - but I was mistaken.
« Reply #1766 on: January 10, 2011, 05:43:46 pm »
Anyone think we will appeal the red???

I know I would. It was a clean 50/50 and he got ball and really little of the man.
I thought Webb should have played advantage for us, was shocked at the call.

It never was in any way a clean 50/50. He got nothing of the ball but contacted a hefty area of Carrick's instep.
It was a nailed on red from Gerrard - them's the rules brother.
There is nothing wrong with striving to win, so long as you don't set the prize above the game. There can be no dishonour in defeat nor any conceit in victory. What matters above all is that the team plays in the right spirit, with skill, courage, fair play,no favour and the result accepted without bitterness. Sir Matt Busby CBE KCSG 1909-1994

Offline JohnnoWhite

• Deliverer of the -Q- de grace.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thought I was wrong once - but I was mistaken.
« Reply #1767 on: January 10, 2011, 05:50:55 pm »
Decent game. 50/50 on the pen and a red card. Think the Giggs one was a red as well, but that's just me.

How do you mean Twiggs? You're not talking about the tackle by Shelvey (was it?) as Giggs was trying to walk through?
Think the lad Shelvey got the ball a split second before Giggs's foot tried to poke the ball goalwards from what I saw. Giggsy just tripped over the lad's foot but ball taken clean for me.
There is nothing wrong with striving to win, so long as you don't set the prize above the game. There can be no dishonour in defeat nor any conceit in victory. What matters above all is that the team plays in the right spirit, with skill, courage, fair play,no favour and the result accepted without bitterness. Sir Matt Busby CBE KCSG 1909-1994

Offline Finn Solomon

• Life sentence
  • Legacy Fan
  • I love Coutinho's balls
« Reply #1768 on: January 10, 2011, 05:57:51 pm »
It never was in any way a clean 50/50. He got nothing of the ball but contacted a hefty area of Carrick's instep.
It was a nailed on red from Gerrard - them's the rules brother.

Yup, just like the boot in the chest Alonso caught from De Jong.
Twitter - FinnSolomon
Rafa made it so that you didn't give a shit which fucking ball emerged from Platini's jar.

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #1769 on: January 10, 2011, 06:00:58 pm »
Yup, just like the boot in the chest Alonso caught from De Jong.
Wrong! Alonso clipped De Jong's boot with his chest, how he stayed in the game is beyond me...
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline Shaneee.

• Siannn's alter ego
  • Anny Roader
  • Y N W A
« Reply #1770 on: January 10, 2011, 06:03:49 pm »
great display showed great heart..can only think of what we would have done to them if gerrard hadnt been sent off..can always get em in the league! can someone link me to the picture of the mancs toilets :)

You'll Never Walk Alone

Offline brussels sprout

• Fucking Beaut.
  • Kopite
« Reply #1771 on: January 10, 2011, 06:11:50 pm »
great display showed great heart..can only think of what we would have done to them if gerrard hadnt been sent off..can always get em in the league! can someone link me to the picture of the mancs toilets :)
[/quote
Why? Are you a toilet fetishist, or do you want to revel in the actions of a few idiots?
A bastion of invincibility

Offline RigBon1892

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #1772 on: January 10, 2011, 06:29:28 pm »
Wrong! Alonso clipped De Jong's boot with his chest, how he stayed in the game is beyond me...

This after him headbutting Duncan Ferguson's innocent elbow in the 10 man derby? Bit of a thug that Alonso isn't he? ;)
I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager.

"Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone
YNWA Rafa.

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #1773 on: January 10, 2011, 06:34:04 pm »
This after him headbutting Duncan Ferguson's innocent elbow in the 10 man derby? Bit of a thug that Alonso isn't he? ;)
He'd do all these dirty things to players just to get them sent off, the bastard!  ;)
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
« Reply #1774 on: January 10, 2011, 06:38:54 pm »
  Im sure that will make him feel real good about himself, couldnt you of left the abuse for one day

His mother started it and it was less abusive than what she said, even if it did have more points
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
« Reply #1775 on: January 10, 2011, 07:38:28 pm »
I think we need some new threads set up if anyone can be bothered doing the history stuff

Patrick Barclay Watch

and

Howard Webb Watch

It would be good to see the consistency that these two characters apply to their chosen profession especially as it affects us (and United)
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline Sir Harvest Fields

• And it burns, burns, burns, the ring of fire. Generally an all-round decent fella but owes a great debt to felines globally. And to Jim. Shine On, You Crazy Diamond. "Winston? Winston! WINSTON!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • Quicker Than Yngwie? Maybe!
« Reply #1776 on: January 10, 2011, 07:51:23 pm »
calm down lads before holidays are handed out.

lets just revel in the return of the king.
"Woe to you, Oh Earth and Sea, for the Devil sends the beast with wrath, because he knows the time is short...Let him who hath understanding reckon the number of the beast for it is a human number, its number is Six hundred and sixty six."

Offline Slightly Less Mediocre Baron Bennekov

• SNITCH. Has a wotsit the size of a wasp sting. McManaman (doo doooby doo doo!) Mentally slow due to being on RAWK too much.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • You'll see it when you believe it!
« Reply #1777 on: January 10, 2011, 07:57:23 pm »
calm down lads before holidays are handed out.

lets just revel in the return of the king.

Wise words, Carl! :wave

Offline Lord Roger Hunt

• Elevated to the RAWK Peerage. Furious Legend In His Own Lunchtime.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Humans were harmed in the making of this picture
« Reply #1778 on: January 10, 2011, 08:17:54 pm »
I thought it was the Peoples Front of Judea ?

No it isn't!   :no It's the Peoples' Front of Judea......flippin' useless pair....   :butt.

;)

From the Country of Liverpool

Offline ryatnalkar

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1779 on: January 10, 2011, 08:23:58 pm »
Sorry if it is already mentioned, but what has Owen done (recently) that people are asking him to fuck off? Missed that bit.

Offline BigSpruceyGob

• Sold.
  • Anny Roader
  • ITK to be honest
« Reply #1780 on: January 10, 2011, 08:34:51 pm »
It wasn't a pen. It was a dive. Minimal contact then a step and a half a step and then goes down. When he hits the deck, Agger is about half a foot away from him. Clear dive. The lino standing right there clearly thought it wasn't a pen - and yet a ref standing 35 yards away through a crowd of players gives it. Joke. As Dalglish said.

Gerrard perhaps deserved to go - but the other lad also dove in. But the real issue was Rafael - in the air - studs up - clear Red - especially given Gerrards. Nothing given. Not even a freekick. Shocking.

So many 50-50s given your way - pretty duff all around. You could say that Webb had a bad game - but he didn't. All the results continually went one way and one way only.

Still moaning.

Good lad.
Next season................whisper it............

Offline Walk on, walk on

• Legacy Fan
  • You'll never walk alone.
« Reply #1781 on: January 10, 2011, 08:38:37 pm »
Sorry if it is already mentioned, but what has Owen done (recently) that people are asking him to fuck off? Missed that bit.

Mods ain't interested in what judas has to say, but you can read it if you google "soccernet", "owen" and "unsurprised".
Liverpool don't turn up against shit teams so Wenger picks the shittest line up possible.
The man is a genius!

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #1782 on: January 10, 2011, 08:50:15 pm »
We've all got this wrong. That paragon of honesty and man love for hodgson and ferguson paddy barclay says it was deffo a pen in today's times. Debate over.

Fuck off you bald c*nt

He is becoming the biggest tosser in football he really is.

Offline Dr Manhattan

• I discovered and developed fucktron. That's right, me. It's my word and, frankly, anyone trying to take credit for it is nothing short of a fucktron.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Officially the 7th best poster you'll see on here.
« Reply #1783 on: January 10, 2011, 08:51:02 pm »
FA Cup tonight at Crawley. One of their players just did a far worse two-footed challenge than Gerrard.

Got a yellow.
I trust the King, but if we lose a few more on the trot now - he may have to step aside, and we have to purchase another manager in the middle of the season. If we are relegated, this could be the end of our ambitions to win any title the next 100 years.

Offline TheTeflonJohn

• The proud owner of a moist undercarriage. Full LFC bed time attire wanker. Self-confessed CUNT.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Atkinsons Long Leather - Atkinsons Hair Do
« Reply #1784 on: January 10, 2011, 09:56:57 pm »
Owen can fuck right off.

I heard Owen was pile driving Webb in the changies after the game with Rio and the inbred as the fluffers

Offline Lebeu

• Main Stander
  • Bleh
« Reply #1785 on: January 11, 2011, 01:25:53 am »
FA Cup tonight at Crawley. One of their players just did a far worse two-footed challenge than Gerrard.

Got a yellow.

That's M. Haywood's shame not Webb's.

Offline Slightly Less Mediocre Baron Bennekov

• SNITCH. Has a wotsit the size of a wasp sting. McManaman (doo doooby doo doo!) Mentally slow due to being on RAWK too much.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • You'll see it when you believe it!
« Reply #1786 on: January 11, 2011, 07:46:27 am »
That's M. Haywood's shame not Webb's.

Still it shows the inconsistency in the refereeing done on the pitches...

Offline steveeastend

• Learnt to play them drums
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1787 on: January 11, 2011, 09:39:02 am »
Still it shows the inconsistency in the refereeing done on the pitches...

That´s 100% correct. They just do whatever THEY feel is right. Instead there are rules to follow. I remember this shitehouse de Jong not even getting a yellow for breaking the leg of this Newcastle midfielder a couple of month ago. It became a joke really...
One thing does need to be said: in the post-Benitez era, there was media-led clamour (but also some politicking going on at the club) to make the club more English; the idea being that the club had lost the very essence of what it means to be ‘Liverpool’. Guillem Ballague 18/11/10

Offline Grobbelrevell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry & ignorance
    • The Grobbelramble
« Reply #1788 on: January 11, 2011, 09:41:02 am »
Just wanted to add that, despite some of the idiots in both ends on Sunday, the atmosphere from us was immense. Great support for the team and for Kenny. Just got my voice back this morning as well so happy days!
Twitter | Blog

TRADE COUNT: +19  /  SoS Member 6854

Offline jaffod

• Living a double life as Billy Bunter after midnight. Has until July 3rd to figure out what from his womans clothing range to wear.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Common beermat and towel thief.
« Reply #1789 on: January 11, 2011, 09:43:07 am »
Sorry if it is already mentioned, but what has Owen done (recently) that people are asking him to fuck off?

He's still breathing.

Offline blert596

• or is it Simon Peg, Advert: Buy incontinence bed pads from www.incontinencechoice.co.uk Wash & disposable. Trade & Public.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1790 on: January 11, 2011, 09:56:06 am »
That´s 100% correct. They just do whatever THEY feel is right. Instead there are rules to follow. I remember this shitehouse de Jong not even getting a yellow for breaking the leg of this Newcastle midfielder a couple of month ago. It became a joke really...

Its a no win situation though. And one which the refs use to their advantadge whenever they feel like.

Half of the supporters/pundits continuously call for the refs to use common sense to apply the rules. The other half say the rules are there to be obeyed.

Refs are in the position now where they can decide which side of the fence best suits any controversial actions. The Gerrard/rafael situation is a perfect example of that IMO.

Gerrard was sent off because he left the ground and lunged in, with contact on the player. Rafael left the ground, lunged in, and if Meireles hadn't pulled out (sensibly IMO) he would have ended up with a broken leg. The actual offense occurred, although due to a player having the foresight to not get his leg broken there was no contact. Webb let it go because of that. However, IMO, if he was reffing by the letter of the law he should have sent Rafael off. Same offence, that allowed advantadge to the player comitting it, which then led to Gerrard losing his head.
All the badge kissing in the world don't make up for the fact that they are, frankly, not Liverpool Football Club. It's not their fault. Its just how it is.

Offline h4ns3n

• Main Stander
  • Didn't watch 2nd half Istanbul - was shagging
    • Microsoft BI Consulting
« Reply #1791 on: January 11, 2011, 09:58:47 am »
I wonder if Gerrard will still think Webb is one of the best ref's in England? If I recall his biography correctly, he mentions how much he likes Webb. Have to wait and see if there is any comment from Gerrard about it. It looked 50/50 to me. Carrick made a meal of it. I wonder when they limp off the field and then come running back a few seconds later if that is part of the coaching they get. Damn fine acting IMHO.
You can never lose a homing pigeon - if your homing pigeon doesn't come back, what you've lost is a pigeon.

Offline Grobbelrevell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry & ignorance
    • The Grobbelramble
« Reply #1792 on: January 11, 2011, 10:19:14 am »
I wonder if Gerrard will still think Webb is one of the best ref's in England? If I recall his biography correctly, he mentions how much he likes Webb. Have to wait and see if there is any comment from Gerrard about it. It looked 50/50 to me. Carrick made a meal of it. I wonder when they limp off the field and then come running back a few seconds later if that is part of the coaching they get. Damn fine acting IMHO.

It was a red mate, whichever way you dress it up Gerrard had to go. At the same time though, so did Rafael.
Twitter | Blog

TRADE COUNT: +19  /  SoS Member 6854

Offline _Lfc_

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • *YNWA*
« Reply #1793 on: January 11, 2011, 10:32:37 am »
Webb showing his true colours as usual. The twat is deff a manc.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #1794 on: January 11, 2011, 10:33:18 am »

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline theboyspen

• Winner of 2009's "First to give up on the Premier League" prize, 10.58pm, Sunday 2nd August 2009
  • Legacy Fan
  • "He made the people happy."
« Reply #1795 on: January 11, 2011, 10:33:36 am »
He's a sly c*nt Fergie! You only have to watch Shrek diving at the slightest touch to see how they've had it instilled into them!
And we call the continentals....!
"The socialism I believe in is not really politics; it is humanity, a way of living and sharing the rewards."
"Red is my colour. I'll play for Liverpool as long as they will have me. I don't want to play for anybody else and when I pull off the red shirt for the last time I expect I will finish with football, at any rate as a player."McKinlay 1923

Offline Paul-LFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1796 on: January 11, 2011, 02:42:30 pm »
From day_tickle on Twitter:

:wanker

Offline carlosjackal

• Main Stander
  • We all live in a restricted view seat
« Reply #1797 on: January 11, 2011, 03:12:29 pm »
Send that pic to the FA ref training school - Number 1. How to keep your eye on the action before making decisions. :D

Offline McFan

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1798 on: January 11, 2011, 03:24:15 pm »
Anyone at the game on Sunday, who was warming up with Pepe and Gulacsi? Was it Mike Kelly?

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #1799 on: January 11, 2011, 03:29:17 pm »
Anyone got a photo of Rafael jumping in with both feet studs up?