Author Topic: Man Utd 1 Liverpool 0 post game  (Read 112263 times)

Offline AnnieRoad(Un)Faithful

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • Olivavu
Re: Man Utd 1 Liverpool 0 post game
« Reply #1640 on: January 10, 2011, 10:08:12 am »
Berbatov fell around a second after he went past Agger, he even managed to make two steps before falling. It clearly wasn't a penalty. Besides, what are linesmen for? It's Webb's fault and no one else's.

Berbatov clearly dived.

There's none of this 'contact' nonsense, because he kept going for a couple of steps and then bowled over like he'd been shot. And the fact he couldn't look the interviewer in the eye after the game when he lied and said he didn't dive. The big cheating prick.

The assistant ref should have signalled that it was a dive, but Webb wasn't hanging around before awarding a ridiculous penalty.

As soon as I saw that he was reffing it, I knew we'd be in trouble.

The team would have folded under Hodgson after the penalty and sending off, but we battled hard and got the 0-0 draw we deserved.
"It's there to remind our lads who they're playing for, and to remind the opposition who they're playing against."

Pheeny

« Reply #1641 on: January 10, 2011, 10:08:18 am »
one more "non" football post and it gets locked.

Offline schmev

• Kopite
  • Dubliner in Salzburg made me a Red
« Reply #1642 on: January 10, 2011, 10:14:19 am »
I guess my post was unrelated to the actual football, so I apologize for that.

Offline bunjibloomer

• Anny Roader
  • Carry on down to Jiggytown
« Reply #1643 on: January 10, 2011, 10:16:32 am »
Gutted we didn't beat the mancs, as I always would feel, however still got a smile on my face as I feel confident with KK on board now.

Heading into an office now with a load of mancs, wearing my 'Pool tie and smile with pride after yesterdays 12 v 10 performance, and the savage show our support put on. Never normally happy going into work after being beaten by the scum, but they're gonna get some stick off me today for the 12th man, the cheating Berba and, as rightly mentioned above, the ironic Gerrard song! Well noticed BTW as I never copped it. Gives me more ammunition.

Gracious in defeat, as all seem to be on RAWK, which makes me proud. YNWA
My Family and The Redmen are my loves.
Max and Lucas, stay happy and be kind, and the World will be your oyster.
YNWA
JFT96
NEVER BUY THE s*n
Where were you in Madrid? ******
Twitter - @bunjibloomer

Offline Andy Walsh

• Kemlynite
  • King kenny
« Reply #1644 on: January 10, 2011, 10:16:45 am »
fegies right your fans are shite, superd away support yet again, the mancs were to busy munching on prawn buttys to even notice there was even a game on ,,,,,onwards an upwards for the redmen.

Offline Greg

• RAWK Statto
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • http://www.twitter.com/@paintbox_
« Reply #1645 on: January 10, 2011, 10:16:47 am »
Is there anywhere on RAWK where we can discuss supporter behaviour? Has the Off The Pitch forum gone now?

Offline red_til_i_die

• Legacy Fan
  • Pepe Reina walks on water
« Reply #1646 on: January 10, 2011, 10:20:42 am »
Thought the lads played with abit more spirit yesterday. We were actually winning headers in defence as well except for when for some reason the lads decided to let Johnny (Am i not abit old to still be called Johnny) Evans have a free header at end of the first half.

I thought we were wanting too much time on the ball in Midfield and that's why we didn't create as much but it was nice to see us playing higher up the pitch for once rather than sitting back like we have been doing.

Only a bad decision cost us with the penelty and if we'd had 11 men on the pitch i reckon we'd have got back into it.

I don't think we tested Kuszcak enough as he's a liability and we should have been moving the ball closer to the box before shooting.

I also admired Shelvey's belief and confidence in himself  to try and lob the keeper with his free kick but the keeper wasn't far enough away off his line for me to have thought it worth the dig.
Slappa da Bass mon! Slappa deee Bassssss!!!!!
Love you Bro-Montana

Offline Thomas

• Doubting
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1647 on: January 10, 2011, 10:24:26 am »
Was at the game yesterday, and i'll say that Kelly's name should be ahead of Johnsons on the team sheet on Wednesday night.

Kenny making a point of taking Torres off, thought he looked average at best.

Fabulous support from the travelling reds again. Superb noise whilst queuing up for warm bottled lager!
We're the kings of Europe, the pride of Merseyside, we'll fight for no surrender, we'll fight for Shankly's pride.

Offline Vidocq

• chronologically challenged LFC historian
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'd kill for a Nobel Peace Prize
« Reply #1648 on: January 10, 2011, 10:24:28 am »

well,i agree...but its pretty hard to stay stone colded after non football acts
"During those days I understood more than ever what 'You'll Never Walk Alone' means."  Luis Suarez

Offline El Capitán Reina

• Kopite
« Reply #1649 on: January 10, 2011, 10:32:50 am »
If Shelvey's free kick had gone in, let's face it - we'd have all gone mad. It wasn't far off. I recall him doing the same in Europa group stages and again, almost.

Offline LiamG

• He's loving angels instead. Cos through it all they offer him protection.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #1650 on: January 10, 2011, 10:35:09 am »

I cannot believe the Manc Fans sang :

Steve Gerrard Gerrard,
He kisses the badge on his chest
He puts in a transfer Request
Steve Gerrard Gerrard

Do they have short memories?
Have they blocked the Rooney Saga from their Neanderthal Heads??

Have to say well done to our Away Support, out sang the Home big time

And to young Kelly, superb display
It's all they ever sing, most there chants are actually aobout us and our players rather than themselves!

Offline steveeastend

• Learnt to play them drums
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1651 on: January 10, 2011, 10:36:45 am »
If Shelvey's free kick had gone in, let's face it - we'd have all gone mad. It wasn't far off. I recall him doing the same in Europa group stages and again, almost.

Come on, get real. The goalkeeper wasn´t really that far away from the line. Shelvey´s kick was just stupidly bigheaded.

He has a lot of potential though, hopefully he will use it in the right way in order to help the team.
One thing does need to be said: in the post-Benitez era, there was media-led clamour (but also some politicking going on at the club) to make the club more English; the idea being that the club had lost the very essence of what it means to be ‘Liverpool’. Guillem Ballague 18/11/10

Offline danny boy the red

• arsed bead lover
  • Legacy Fan
  • Were going to Wembley!!!
« Reply #1652 on: January 10, 2011, 10:45:51 am »
So bloody great reading Kenny's post match comments.

Things like great effort from our lads ut defeat is always unacceptle for LFC ad even talking about Nando after the game. A reporter talking about Torres ,

"When asked by a BBC reporter about Torres, the reporter said “nobody has a magic wand…”. To which Kenny replied “Fernando Torres has got a magic wand.” He confidently said “We’ll get him going sooner or later” and Kenny also went on to praise Torres's work rate.

You see thats how you treat your star striker who's currently out of form.When his name or form is mentioned no matter what you support him in a way that relieves the pressure on him somehow. You'd don't ala Roy create needless transfer speculation or continue to cast doubts of his form or commitment to the cause.

I've never been so upeat after a cup defeat to the mancs.

http://twitter.com/thebig_sam

"Excited about working with young Ravel Morrison, but he comes with a list of "dead important" instructions. He's like a fucking Gremlin.

The first three? Don't let him near fireworks; Don't let him drink rum; Don't let him carry a sword. Fucking hell"

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1653 on: January 10, 2011, 10:46:41 am »
Come on, get real. The goalkeeper wasn´t really that far away from the line. Shelvey´s kick was just stupidly bigheaded.

He has a lot of potential though, hopefully he will use it in the right way in order to help the team.

I don't really blame him for having a pop though
The type of game it was, with us 2 men down, I thought the only way we were going to get back in it was with something a bit out of the ordinary that caught the mancs cold.

Offline stevieG786

• Prefers bottom.
  • Legacy Fan
  • AWWW YA BEAUTY!!
« Reply #1654 on: January 10, 2011, 10:49:43 am »
Where was stevie playin? Behind Nando or center mid?

Offline steveeastend

• Learnt to play them drums
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1655 on: January 10, 2011, 10:51:18 am »
What I really loved to see was the face of Ferguson almost all through the game and his reaction when shaking Kennys hand.

He made the impression that he really didn´t like to have Kenny around again as finally someone arrived to stand up against him again and he knows that his usual mind games he used before against the likes of Wenger and Rafa won´t work here. He doesn´t like that. And I like that.
One thing does need to be said: in the post-Benitez era, there was media-led clamour (but also some politicking going on at the club) to make the club more English; the idea being that the club had lost the very essence of what it means to be ‘Liverpool’. Guillem Ballague 18/11/10

Pheeny

« Reply #1656 on: January 10, 2011, 10:51:32 am »
Is there anywhere on RAWK where we can discuss supporter behaviour? Has the Off The Pitch forum gone now?
http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?board=16.0

Offline El Capitán Reina

• Kopite
« Reply #1657 on: January 10, 2011, 10:52:34 am »

No, usually I wouldn't advocate it but he showed something different and the will to do so even if it is a bit far fetched.

I agree though, the lad has a lot of potential.

Offline danny boy the red

• arsed bead lover
  • Legacy Fan
  • Were going to Wembley!!!
« Reply #1658 on: January 10, 2011, 10:59:06 am »
What I really loved to see was the face of Ferguson almost all through the game and his reaction when shaking Kennys hand.

He made the impression that he really didn´t like to have Kenny around again as finally someone arrived to stand up against him again and he knows that his usual mind games he used before against the likes of Wenger and Rafa won´t work here. He doesn´t like that. And I like that.

Class isn't it.

Loved hearing him rage over the decisions against us. Whatever about's Stevie's culpability he's our captain playing against one of our two biggest rivials in their ground, he should be supported no matter what. Stevie should have known better and that will be expressed privately, publicly Kenny's  not going to  stop fighting for us.

God I love Kenny.
http://twitter.com/thebig_sam

"Excited about working with young Ravel Morrison, but he comes with a list of "dead important" instructions. He's like a fucking Gremlin.

The first three? Don't let him near fireworks; Don't let him drink rum; Don't let him carry a sword. Fucking hell"

Offline helmboy_nige

• A diplomat... except in the face of total morons
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1659 on: January 10, 2011, 10:59:31 am »
No, usually I wouldn't advocate it but he showed something different and the will to do so even if it is a bit far fetched.

I agree though, the lad has a lot of potential.

The shot was miles away and he was rightly told off for it.  However, it showed great awareness to take a look and decide to have a pop, but that eagerness was a bit too much.

He looks good though and I've got big hopes for him.

Offline Finn Solomon

• Life sentence
  • Legacy Fan
  • I love Coutinho's balls
« Reply #1660 on: January 10, 2011, 11:01:15 am »
Class isn't it.

Loved hearing him rage over the decisions against us. Whatever about's Stevie's culpability he's our captain playing against one of our two biggest rivials in their ground, he should be supported no matter what. Stevie should have known better and that will be expressed privately, publicly Kenny's  not going to  stop fighting for us.

God I love Kenny.

Six months without hearing the Liverpool manager defend his team against the Dark Lord...it's fantastic having the King back.
Twitter - FinnSolomon
Rafa made it so that you didn't give a shit which fucking ball emerged from Platini's jar.

Online redrockydennis

• Annie Wilkes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • gonna paint me jarg wheelie bin purple
« Reply #1661 on: January 10, 2011, 11:01:21 am »
Class isn't it.

God I love Kenny.

exactly, ferguson has always defended his player to the death, no matter the right or wrong of it. We should as supporters too. Unless diouf is playing for you.
"Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes,
of controlling the ball and of making yourself available to receive a pass.
It is terribly simple."

Offline AnnieRoad(Un)Faithful

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • Olivavu
« Reply #1662 on: January 10, 2011, 11:02:03 am »

It was miles over the bar!
"It's there to remind our lads who they're playing for, and to remind the opposition who they're playing against."

Offline Banquo's Ghost

• Macbeth's on repeat. To boldly split infinitives that lesser men would dare. To.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1663 on: January 10, 2011, 11:02:24 am »

I'm not as competent at analysis as many here, so I too would appreciate a thoughtful opinion on where he was designated to play. It seemed to me that he spent a lot of energy chasing and driving in the final third or so, but I couldn't see where he fit into a structure.

Not a criticism by the way - just trying to educate myself. It struck me that for a Scouse lad, playing the Mancs away in the FA Cup in King Kenny's return game was always going to produce an excess of zeal. My own view that we were looking a little unbalanced in the first twenty minutes because of this - though the effort was marvellous.

I'd be very glad of a considered view.
Be humble, for you are made of earth. Be noble, for you are made of stars.

Offline TopKopster

• Anny Roader
  • Boring
« Reply #1664 on: January 10, 2011, 11:06:11 am »
Was at the game yesterday, and i'll say that Kelly's name should be ahead of Johnsons on the team sheet on Wednesday night.

Kenny making a point of taking Torres off, thought he looked average at best.

Fabulous support from the travelling reds again. Superb noise whilst queuing up for warm bottled lager!

How Kelly didn't get MOM I wont know.  Fantastic performance by him, if the rumours are true and teams on the continet are looking at Johnson and Kelly performs like that every week I'd say cash in and chuck the money on the pile for Kenny's war chest.

Offline Greg

• RAWK Statto
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • http://www.twitter.com/@paintbox_
« Reply #1665 on: January 10, 2011, 11:06:40 am »
http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?board=16.0
Appreciate it la, but any chance you can unlock the topic about our fan behaviour? I think it's a valid topic that needs talking about. Things seem to be getting worse in my opinion, and by making it a taboo subject that we're not allowed to discuss is not gonna improve things. Cheers.

Offline Brentieke

• Vote King Hendo. Beaker's panic gif was modelled on his coupon. A seer & visionary - he saw how shite we are.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1666 on: January 10, 2011, 11:07:55 am »
Think Stevie was meant to play behind Nando, and that's certainly where he ws for the first 10 minutes or so. The longer the game went on, the more he went deep though.

It's a problem it really is. There is no question in my mind that he's better behind Nando. But if we dont get the ball to him, he's going to come deeper to get it which means that Nando will be isolated. It's up to Raul and Lucas to get the ball to him and if he does go deep, Raul has to go forward.
My blog on Corruption in English Football and LFC Analysis.

http://diminbeirut.typepad.com/my-blog/

https://twitter.com/DimmyBad

Offline tball79

• Main Stander
« Reply #1667 on: January 10, 2011, 11:08:04 am »
We had the wind knocked out of the sails before we could get going with the pen and just compounded by the red card but all in all there are some positives to take from it, Kelly was outstanding and should start Wednesday, Agger added a much needed confidence to the back line, Lucas had another good solid game.

Like a dream seeing Kenny back on the touch line, was flying about the house this morning just thinking about him being back, makes me laugh when people in the media were implying he was "out of the game too long" he hasnt been living under a rock!!! thought it was great to see some early substitutions for a change too.

Dont want to bring up the negatives but really think Skrtel needs a few games on the bench he has been all over the place in the last few games making some bad decisions and regardless of Webb having a mare think Gerrard could have been a lot more disciplined as any 50/50 tackle made in that cauldron of hate was going to pressure such a spine-less ref like Webb into quick decisions, that said its the first time in god knows how long i can not wait for our next game! roll on Wednesday, come on the reds!!!!!!!!!!

Shut up Frankie ;)

Offline Finn Solomon

• Life sentence
  • Legacy Fan
  • I love Coutinho's balls
« Reply #1668 on: January 10, 2011, 11:09:37 am »
How Kelly didn't get MOM I wont know.

To be fair Webb deserved it more for his greater impact on the game.
Twitter - FinnSolomon
Rafa made it so that you didn't give a shit which fucking ball emerged from Platini's jar.

Offline anfieldpurch

• Simple
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 96!!
« Reply #1669 on: January 10, 2011, 11:10:36 am »
Very Proud of our performance to be honest. Yes we lost to a refereeing decision and we had a red card but even after that we still had enough time to get a goal back. The fact of the matter is they scored in less than 2 minutes which means we had 88 minutes + a total of 6 minutes stoppage (3 at end of each half) to score. We came close and looked a more solid unit. Yes it hurts, the manner of our defeat but i have to say United's keeper did well. Martin Kelly was immense at Right Back, with no intention aimed at Glen Johnson, i felt much happier seeing Kelly defending and attacking than Glen. Pepe Reina was amazing in goal, fantastic 5 saves in a matter of seconds to keep us in it.

MOTM :- Martin Kelly closely followed by Reina
Proud father to Riley James Lucas 16/3/17

Offline soberphobia

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1670 on: January 10, 2011, 11:13:53 am »

It was more that the Goalkeeper wasn't watching the ball. he was concentrating on talking to his defenders. Fair play to the lad for having a shot. If the shot was on target it was a good chance to score. We were down to ten men and needed a bit of magic. If it was out of team rules and he got a telling off then fair enough. The game was perhaps a good result for both teams. We need to improve our position in the league first and foremost plus try players in Europe. Better for us to still be in the Europa and out of the FA than the other way around i think.

I could be wrong of course but I would think from a development point of view and looking at the depth in the squad this would be the preferred scenario.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2011, 11:19:29 am by soberphobia »
24 hours in a day 24 cans in a carton coincidence?

Offline MiserableP15

• Liable to get overexcited at the site of opposition goalie's rear
  • Legacy Fan
  • Certified thread killer - Best on the web.
« Reply #1671 on: January 10, 2011, 11:14:25 am »
Was gutted when I saw Webb was reffing, the guy is a closet manc and no mistake. I still have nightmares about the Ronaldo penalty he gave against Spurs.

Sure enough.......

Anyway, we move on. As most people are saying, the positivity around the place even after such a defeat is hugely refreshing.
Best bits for me -
- 'Are you working for Fergie?' to ITV commentator before the game when asked about tactics.
- Applauding the travelling kop, not once, not twice, but at least four times before, during and after the game.
- Quite blatantly putting the wind up Fergie who must have been expecting his usual bottle of wine with his mate after the game.
- Slating Webb in the tunnel at half time for his performance.
- The public show of support for Torres when he came off AND in the press conference.
- The smirk on his face when talking about Shelvey's free kick.

Welcome back Kenny.
"So Bierhoff’s got a short time to press his claims, now that the other two strikers who started the match have both been taken off……Kuntz."

Offline kagij

• Main Stander
« Reply #1672 on: January 10, 2011, 11:15:52 am »
didn't deserve to lose. Every player playeed well...even G before he went....Meh....onwards and upwards
I wouldn't go that far. Lucas and Meireles gave it away way too much, as did Aurellio, and Torres was very disappointing. Belting effort from the rest of them though, particularly Reina.

Atmosphere was cracking too. Pre-game on the concourse was amazing.

Offline cornelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Beware the beast man, for he is the Devil's pawn"
« Reply #1673 on: January 10, 2011, 11:16:22 am »
Fuck me United are so shite and ordinary this year it's untrue. They've been blessed by one of the worst top flights in years otherwise they'd be struggling for a top 6 spot.

Offline red4life69

• Main Stander
referee-howard-webb-awarded-mbe-for-services-to-manchester-united
« Reply #1674 on: January 10, 2011, 11:22:57 am »
http://newsthump.com/2010/12/31/referee-howard-webb-awarded-mbe-for-services-to-manchester-united/

Game plan - Berbashite - take two steps and fall over - penalty sit back for 87 minutes...

10 men and the scum still couldnt score....

ahh well it's over with now - lets concentrate on the league now.. money in January ?????

All Hail the KING !

Red4life
YNWA

Offline JohnBarnesBigToe

• Legacy Fan
  • We decide when it's over
« Reply #1675 on: January 10, 2011, 11:35:06 am »
100% by every player. Formation to suit personnel. Passing the ball. Bit of movement.

Been waiting ages to say that.
"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They are only there to sign the cheques". Bill Shankly

Offline schmev

• Kopite
  • Dubliner in Salzburg made me a Red
« Reply #1676 on: January 10, 2011, 11:42:24 am »
Was gutted when I saw Webb was reffing, the guy is a closet manc and no mistake. I still have nightmares about the Ronaldo penalty he gave against Spurs.

Sure enough.......

Anyway, we move on. As most people are saying, the positivity around the place even after such a defeat is hugely refreshing.
Best bits for me -
- 'Are you working for Mr Alex Ferguson?' to ITV commentator before the game when asked about tactics.
- Applauding the travelling kop, not once, not twice, but at least four times before, during and after the game.
- Quite blatantly putting the wind up Mr Alex Ferguson who must have been expecting his usual bottle of wine with his mate after the game.
- Slating Webb in the tunnel at half time for his performance.
- The public show of support for Torres when he came off AND in the press conference.
- The smirk on his face when talking about Shelvey's free kick.

Welcome back Kenny.

Perfect post.

Offline Vidocq

• chronologically challenged LFC historian
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'd kill for a Nobel Peace Prize
Re: referee-howard-webb-awarded-mbe-for-services-to-manchester-united
« Reply #1677 on: January 10, 2011, 11:45:34 am »
http://newsthump.com/2010/12/31/referee-howard-webb-awarded-mbe-for-services-to-manchester-united/

Game plan - Berbashite - take two steps and fall over - penalty sit back for 87 minutes...

10 men and the scum still couldnt score....

ahh well it's over with now - lets concentrate on the league now.. money in January ?????

All Hail the KING !

Red4life
YNWA

i like that link very much

"During those days I understood more than ever what 'You'll Never Walk Alone' means."  Luis Suarez

Offline Samee

• الذين اذا اصابتهم مصيبة قالوا انا لله وانا &#
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1678 on: January 10, 2011, 11:56:29 am »

While we were defending he appeared to slip into a three alongside Lucas and Meireles but when on the attack he was playing alongside Nando.
@Samee
In Leicester?
if city win the CL or the prem league in the next 3 years, I'll eat my own poo.

Offline Sasquatch

• Veteran fingerer of the bad times
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm hairy and very very smelly
« Reply #1679 on: January 10, 2011, 11:56:31 am »
I don't know if it has been posted already, but even the Bulgarian newspapers are having a dig at Berbatov. Titles like "Howard Webb buried Liverpool at Old Traford", "United and the referee made Kenny's debut bitter", "United cheats Liverpool", etc.

Same in the Spanish papers. Of coure they know all about Howard Webb, who allowed Holland to commit GBH on them.