Author Topic: Chewer of Toffees, scourge of Barça, Peeler of Spuds, Arse kicker, Wolves slayer  (Read 664211 times)

Online BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
He's the new Belgian Kulivert.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline 6BigCups

• RAWK Journeyman
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
He's nearly on 10 goals - a fine return for a 19/20 year old in his first season in the league.

Offline Roger Federer

• Christ imagine naming yourself after Roger Federer
  • Legacy Fan
Sturridge, Origi, Ings and Firmino to me is pretty good striker group. Add Coutinho/Lallana on one wing and a guy like Bale on the right would be perfect. Bringing in another 30m striker to me seems a waste.
And what happens if Sturridge breaks down again? You'd really like us to rely on Firmino, Origi and Ings over a whole season - even if we get someone like Bale (I take it you mean a winger/wideforward who is a good goalscorer)? Once again we pin our hopes on Sturridge, and almost him alone, as the others still don't come close to his quality. We've had two seasons now when this has been the case, it would be crazy to do so for a third year. Origi is good, but being second choice after Sturridge is practically the same as being our first choice, unless Sturridge is truly over his injuries. It's far from certain that he is.

Klopp's preference for one central striker makes it more difficult to say what we should do though. If we more often than not play 4-2-3-1, a player 'like Bale' is indeed a priority, and it's difficult to see how we can best use Firmino, Origi, Sturridge, Ings and the new striker in that formation, it looks like one player too many. But I hope we can afford to keep them all, and still add 'Bale' and 'striker', because we need both of those type of players as well, in my opinion.

Offline unusg

• heron
  • Kopite
  • first is first. second is nowhere !!
Still think we need one good strikeras Gotze plays similarly to Firmino at times. Also need a pacy winger, preferably one that is left footed to give the team more balance.

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
One poster wanted Origi to be loaned out. Any guesses who this poster was? :)

Ive not looked at any further responses. But i can guess

Fordy?
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Online CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
He's nearly on 10 goals - a fine return for a 19/20 year old in his first season in the league.

4 PL goals in 599 minutes of football, 1 every 150 mins.

Martial, for comparisons sake, has 8 in 2264 minutes, 1 every 283 mins.

If you take all competitions into account Origi has scored 8 in 1360 minutes, 1 every 170 mins.

Martial has scored 13 in 3430 minutes, 1 every 264 mins.

Offline deadsetred

• Legacy Fan

If you take all competitions into account Origi has scored 8 in 1360 minutes, 1 every 170 mins.

Lol yeah and Ojo is already better than Payet because he averages an assist every 45 minutes or something..

Offline SlowRap

• SlowCrapAllOverTheBoards. No longer appealing! Apparently not a bastard. But no denial of being sarcastic and having no clue. Interesting. Fist pumps all the way down the stairs.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let freedom reign

So what if they overpaid slightly for Martial the lad is class and I'd love him here. There isn't a need to compare Origi to anyone the lad is on fire at the moment but I'll be here still supporting him when he hits a drought.
"We must turn from doubters into believers" - Jurgen Klopp

I've got a feeling that Origi is the real deal, from a couple of games I watched but mainly his interviews there seems to be something about him.

Online CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
Lol yeah and Ojo is already better than Payet because he averages an assist every 45 minutes or something..

Not suggesting he is better, I'm comparing his stats to a similarly positioned, aged and new to the league player.

So what if they overpaid slightly for Martial the lad is class and I'd love him here. There isn't a need to compare Origi to anyone the lad is on fire at the moment but I'll be here still supporting him when he hits a drought.

See above.

Offline DonkeyWan

• ker. Football Genius, Generously gives Young Jürgen pointers to help him improve.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I never met a man who wasn't...

Liverpool are creating more chances for Origi though, United are so pedestrian in attack Martial has to do a lot more to create those chances.
Beatings will continue until morale improves...

Offline Nessy76

• Shits alone and doesn't condone public self-molestation. Literally Goldenballs' biggest fan
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live In A Red And White Klopp
    • Andrew Ness Photographer
Not suggesting he is better, I'm comparing his stats to a similarly positioned, aged and new to the league player.

Yep, and on current evidence either we got a bargain or they overpaid hugely.
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline DanA

• misses the Eurovision Glory Days.
  • Legacy Fan
And what happens if Sturridge breaks down again? You'd really like us to rely on Firmino, Origi and Ings over a whole season - even if we get someone like Bale (I take it you mean a winger/wideforward who is a good goalscorer)? Once again we pin our hopes on Sturridge, and almost him alone, as the others still don't come close to his quality. We've had two seasons now when this has been the case, it would be crazy to do so for a third year. Origi is good, but being second choice after Sturridge is practically the same as being our first choice, unless Sturridge is truly over his injuries. It's far from certain that he is.

Klopp's preference for one central striker makes it more difficult to say what we should do though. If we more often than not play 4-2-3-1, a player 'like Bale' is indeed a priority, and it's difficult to see how we can best use Firmino, Origi, Sturridge, Ings and the new striker in that formation, it looks like one player too many. But I hope we can afford to keep them all, and still add 'Bale' and 'striker', because we need both of those type of players as well, in my opinion.

At this stage when planning it has to be almost a given that Sturridge will be unfit. But you said it, it's difficult to see how we can use what we currently have and still add a winger + striker. It should be one player, an all purpose attacker that scores a bucket load of goals.

It's all hypothetical because I don't have a handle on what's out there and available. But maybe rather than Bale, Griezmann is ideal fit. The type of guy that is best out wide but still pretty darn good as a striker, it gives us the best worlds without over crowding the squad. And if we can make that Griezmann type player left footed and good at set pieces then [emoji106].

I know we were linked with Teixiera who fits the mould pretty well. Hopefully we can find another guy like that.
Quote from: hinesy
He hadn't played as if he was on fire, more the slight breeze cutting across New Brighton on a summer's day than El Nino, the force of nature.

Offline Bunter

• Legacy Fan
Martial is a class player (better than Origi imo) being held back in an impotent United team, he'd look even better in our side where he wouldn't have to do everything himself. Considering he's played most of their games as a starter, can't really compare to Origi who's barely started many games and has hit a purple patch.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2016, 01:12:34 pm by Bunter »

Offline DanA

• misses the Eurovision Glory Days.
  • Legacy Fan

Half a game isn't quite the same as 15+ games. It's a bit too small a sample size to draw any big conclusions but it's big enough to be encouraging.
Quote from: hinesy
He hadn't played as if he was on fire, more the slight breeze cutting across New Brighton on a summer's day than El Nino, the force of nature.

Offline ThePeetmix

• Legacy Fan

I think it depends on where Klopp wants to go tactically. I think if you class Firmino as a striker + and add a quality attacking mid to the side, then we don't necessarily need a pure striker.however, if two strikers is very much part of our plan going forward, then adding another may well be necessary.

One who can both would be ideal however, they aren't the easiest in the world to find.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2016, 01:52:00 pm by ThePeetmix »

Offline surfer. Fuck you generator.

• surgood. As good as Suarez but CBA to play for us. Takes it on the chin and never holds a pointless grudge for several months.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Almost no top manager plays two players fully in the first line of attack these days, whatever the terminology; most of the game sees one of them moving just on the edge of midfield, balancing the opposition, working. Klopp is the same.

Our potency next season depends a lot on how the staff rate Origi, do they see him as someone good enough to lead the line at the top level consistently? They must get their call right on this one for goals to not be an issue, as it was for a good period of this season until Sturridge returned and Origi stepped up.

Sturridge is a non-issue, he has the quality, only his final physical condition will determine whether he's to be number 1 again or 2nd choice striker.

Firmino can work behind the striker, or in certain games, provide tactical variety as a striker.

Certainly encouraged with what the first two have brought to the team since their return, but wouldn't be surprised if we saw a new first choice signing there either, that position is far from nailed down.

Offline Baraka

• bama. But a lot lot lot lot stupider. Has an IQ of 6½
  • Legacy Fan
To the tune of the maxi Rodriguez song...

Divock! Divock Origi, please score a goal for me! Der der der der der, der der der der der!

South Park>>>>>All.

Offline greg9r

• Anny Roader
  • YNWA
To the tune of the maxi Rodriguez song...

Divock! Divock Origi, please score a goal for me! Der der der der der, der der der der der!

Please! This tune is so catchy

Offline amirani

• Legacy Fan
  • Carolina Red!
I wasn't impressed with him beginning of the season and did not expect him to be reaching such heights (starting vs Dortmund, scoring goals on decently regular basis, becoming a fan favorite etc) in his first season. But it seems like his hard work along with good guidance from teammates and Klopp has helped him. The way he just brushed off Stoke and Dortmund defenders is just a marvel to watch. What I most like about him is that he is fearless. The goal against WBA and the goal against Dortmund comes to mind. Not afraid to take the shot even though it was not a perfect chance. That got us a vital point at home against WBA and the Dortmund goal got us a good chance to qualify for next round in Europa. Hope he plays the same way in coming games.

Offline harryc

• ane ;)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live in a Red and a White Kop
Just get Michy Batshuayi to partner him and we are sorted for the foreseeable.

Offline Groundskeeper Willie

• Loves a good Meat Flute! Silent screaming fistpumper. Don't wake the kids! He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty chip! Mattis, den svenska pedanten! Pantless arse-barer not used to withdrawal.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Klappa händerna när du är riktigt glad.
Just get Michy Batshuayi to partner him and we are sorted for the foreseeable.

I'd go Batshuayit crazy if we pulled that off.
Love Ren & Stimpy

Offline PIPA23

• Legacy Fan

now compare what would Martial do under Klopp and Origi under Aloysius Paulus Maria "Louis" van Gaal...

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
If you smell what Divock is cooking!
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline GregCharrua

• Legacy Fan
I'd rather put my faith in Divock (with Sturridge, Ings in the wings) then go out and make an expensive signing that may or may not pan out. Unless we were buying someone older and an established goalscorer... which would be hard for us to bring in. That Suarez lad at Barcelona looks good.

Online Asam

• has a mankini
  • Legacy Fan

We need a goalscoring winger more than another striker, our issue is quality of final ball more than finishing IMO

Online richmiller1

• No! We will not let you go, let him go!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Reminds me heavily of Kanouté for some reason.........just minus the lack of effort that rather undermined his career.

Could be very good indeed.

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
Dick Orgy
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals

We need a goalscoring winger more than another striker, our issue is quality of final ball more than finishing IMO

We need both. We can't rely on Sturridge(and his fitness concerns), Benteke will be off and we no idea how good Ings(don't know how his knee is going to hold up) will be for us. That just leaves us with young Divok(who is slightly injury prone himself) to rely on. We can't be having that.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
The Belgian Kluivert....

Not a bad analogy....  Apart from the dodgy criminal stuff of course...!
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!

Yeah, but the better player is the one that costs more. And who is that, huh?

;)
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
Still think we need one good strikeras Gotze plays similarly to Firmino at times. Also need a pacy winger, preferably one that is left footed to give the team more balance.
So... from that I take that you want us to sign Gotze and then yet another striker?

That's A LOT of strikers.
Can't see it. I think we may see one more at a push(that's only if Benteke's to leave), with Balotelli being forced out.
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Offline Filler.

• Up. resurrected. Keeps his Kath in a cage, but not sure if the new baby is in there as well. Studying for a Masters in Semiotics.
  • Legacy Fan
So... from that I take that you want us to sign Gotze and then yet another striker?

That's A LOT of strikers.
Can't see it. I think we may see one more at a push(that's only if Benteke's to leave), with Balotelli being forced out.

I think we have the space to gorge ourselves on another proper bone fide striker. Origi, Sturridge +  AN Other. Do we want the league, or do we want 4th? That's the question.

Offline ThePeetmix

• Legacy Fan
I think we have the space to gorge ourselves on another proper bone fide striker. Origi, Sturridge +  AN Other. Do we want the league, or do we want 4th? That's the question.

I mean a lot depends on Danny Ings. If he comes back still in good knick, then I'd rather worry about other positions first. Then if an obvious choice of a striker comes up, then go for it. Ideally, wide forward/striker would be ideal but it's easier said than done.

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
Honestly don't think we need another striker if benteke goes.

Origi will need games.

We have sturridge, firmino, origi and ings as strikers next season. That would be okay if we bring in gotze and a top winger to compliment that.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline Shabby14

• Anny Roader
To the tune of Riptide - Vance Joy

Ooooooh, oooh, and they named him Divock!

Origi,  running down defenders
either foot and headers
Daniel sturridges right hand man
I love you when you're scoring hat tricks
no one will mess with you  'cause
You've put on 5 kg

Offline stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
Honestly don't think we need another striker if benteke goes.

Origi will need games.

We have sturridge, firmino, origi and ings as strikers next season. That would be okay if we bring in gotze and a top winger to compliment that.

Agreed. We have more than enough good options. Firmino is starting to find his form. Ings will be back and needs time. Origi is going to be another fantastic bargain as he's quick and stroung. Keep Sturridge fit and we have 4 strikers who match any other teams' strikers.

We need strengthening in other areas.
#JFT97

Online Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........

How on earth you expect us to take anything you say about strikers seriously Filler I don't know. Having accused "young" Divock Origi of running around on a metal leg a couple of days ago, and making a clunking sound every time he touches the ball, I think the best thing you can do is retreat to a quiet corner and do some penance. 
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline Redcap

• Legacy Fan
  • You wrote a bad song Petey!
I think it'll be a seller's market for forwards this summer.

United are definitely in need of at least one if not two forwards - unless their intention is to keep their faith in Rashford, Martial and Rooney getting the job done.

Chelsea may be selling Costa, and where Pato's going is as good as any. Then there's Remy and Falcao, who are probably as good as gone.

There have been plenty of signs of discontent with Bony at City, so there's a chance he'll also be on his way.

And then you have Spurs, who are still looking for support for Kane.

That's just in England.

I think we still need that versatile wing-forward with pace, finishing and creating abilities who's equally comfortable up front or on the wings. It's a bit of a dream player though. How many of those players are there actually around? Bale gets mentioned as an example. Bale. So seriously, who else is actually available?

Offline Em5y

• Legacy Fan
To the tune of Oh Christmas Tree.

Oh Origi, Oh Origi,
Power and Goalscoring,
Oh Origi, Oh Origi,
The Belgian we're adoring,
Scores a goal,
Runs to the crowd,
Collects a kiss,
and makes us aroused,
Oh Origi, Oh Origi,
We all love you sexually.

Offline plskikme

• Kopite
  • What Could Have Been and What Can Be
Agreed. We have more than enough good options. Firmino is starting to find his form. Ings will be back and needs time. Origi is going to be another fantastic bargain as he's quick and stroung. Keep Sturridge fit and we have 4 strikers who match any other teams' strikers.

We need strengthening in other areas.

This, our lack of threatening Wide men is more concerning with Divock showing promise now. The hope for getting Gotze who is abit similar to the LaFiCo attacking midfielder trio also makes me feel likewise to the posts looking for that Sanchez, Bale type player who just wants to run at people on the counter.