Author Topic: NBA Discussion  (Read 613819 times)

Offline nicholasanthony

• RAWK Australian cricket correspondent & 2014 AFL tipping champion of the World
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: NBA Season 2016-17 Discussion
« Reply #2440 on: April 21, 2017, 12:51:01 am »

Offline nicholasanthony

• RAWK Australian cricket correspondent & 2014 AFL tipping champion of the World
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2441 on: April 21, 2017, 01:00:17 am »
Memphis will win one of the two games at home.
I think Spurs sweep now. I think for as much as the Grizz players would have loved Fizz's rant. I don't think the Spurs enjoyed some of what he had to say.

Offline LiverLuke

• RAWK's Respectable Poster Boy :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2442 on: April 21, 2017, 01:05:53 am »
paul george is good at basketball.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2443 on: April 21, 2017, 01:07:43 am »
I think Spurs sweep now. I think for as much as the Grizz players would have loved Fizz's rant. I don't think the Spurs enjoyed some of what he had to say.

I'm a Spurs fan, so I do hope we sweep them mate.

Offline LiverLuke

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2444 on: April 21, 2017, 01:15:31 am »
that was a fun half.

Offline LiverLuke

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2445 on: April 21, 2017, 01:57:25 am »
Fuck this is bad :/

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2446 on: April 21, 2017, 02:20:26 am »
Predictable. Typical Pacers

Offline nicholasanthony

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2447 on: April 21, 2017, 02:20:46 am »
Haha yeah pretty messed up from the Pacers. This Cavs team is like late Shaq-Kobe Lakers.

Offline LiverLuke

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2448 on: April 21, 2017, 02:39:41 am »
Fucking bottlers. Cavs have hit like every 3 feels like.

Offline Romeo Sensini

• Legacy Fan
  • Can climb two flights of stairs
« Reply #2449 on: April 21, 2017, 04:07:09 am »
Can't believe I had faith in the Raptors doing anything in the postseason. What an awful performance by them. They are done.

Offline nicholasanthony

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2450 on: April 21, 2017, 04:44:58 am »
Amazing 3rd by the grizz. Commentary team is one of the most embarrassing things I've ever heard.

Offline Greatness

• Spineless and gutless
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2451 on: April 21, 2017, 05:50:16 am »
With the way the Cavs are playing at the moment and with Eastern Conference Finals being on TNT, could the Bulls make the finals provided they get past the Wizards in a round 2 matchup.

Lebron up against the Bulls on TNT in a playoff series, would truly be the unstoppable force against the immovable object.

Offline Working Class Hen-Pecked Hero

• Is something to be...Lives at 999 Letsby Avenue.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2452 on: April 21, 2017, 07:00:31 am »
Can't believe I had faith in the Raptors doing anything in the postseason. What an awful performance by them. They are done.

Completely agree. Awful, absolutely awful 1st and 3rd quarter, credit to bucks but that's shocking to get beat by nearly 30
I'm telling you, Bowie died and it's all gone to fuck.

Offline pyroparty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2453 on: April 21, 2017, 08:32:44 am »
Damn LeBron!! Wowww!!!

Offline Shaved Crossbar

• shits from the hip
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2454 on: April 21, 2017, 09:22:48 am »
I made the call at half time to continue watching. Glad I did. Raps are hilarious.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2455 on: April 21, 2017, 09:27:00 am »
LeBron James is the best player I've ever seen and that will remain the case for decades to come. He's still levels above anybody else. As for the Raps; absolutely dogshit basketball.

Offline Doc Red

• Chills before posting and wishes others had too
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The eye cannot see what the mind does not know.
« Reply #2456 on: April 21, 2017, 10:50:08 am »
LeBron James is the best player I've ever seen and that will remain the case for decades to come. He's still levels above anybody else. As for the Raps; absolutely dogshit basketball.

You know what Gerry, some day we're going to tell our grandkids about they way Lebron played the game of basketball.
Now I've still got MJ as the best player I've seen play, but Lebron is doing this in the crazy world of social media and 24/7 gossip news cycle that spend 30 mins debating his on game reactions etc. Far more external pressure these days than in the ol' days, and Lebron has shouldered that pressure, they hype, and continues to dominate. He's also been a fantastic role model off the court as well and set a high precedent for future successful athletes.

It's been a privilege watching the game during the Lebron era.

A note of concern. Have we accounted for all the Indy fans on this thread? I'm a bit worried that massive choke job might have pushed them over the edge.
Gotta say, your man Paul George is absolutely balling this series. I'll be honest, I've always doubted him, felt he was a tad bit overrated, but he's silenced me this series. Too bad it's seem to be his audition for his new team rather than anything else. I think he's definitely off this summer.
The child who is not embraced by the village will burn it down to feel its warmth.
There go my people. I must follow them, for I am their leader.

Offline Greatness

• Spineless and gutless
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2457 on: April 21, 2017, 11:00:26 am »
If the Bucks get past the Raptors, it will be a privilege to watch Lebron against the player who I believe will take his place as the best in the world in Giannis

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2458 on: April 21, 2017, 11:40:29 am »
Wow, i was never high on Raptors and didn't even think they are Top 3 from the East but they are actually worse than I thought. Bucks are a young team with most players having no play off experience. I thought this game would be close and decided by less than 5 points, most likely Raptors taking it with the experience. Well, i was happy to be wrong. 0-8 FG fpr DeRozan is just unacceptable. They are toast if they don't take the next one.

Kudos to Memphis though, they didn't let Spurs rook them :D
If they take the next one at home, we can see a whole different ball game.

Offline Greatness

• Spineless and gutless
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2459 on: April 21, 2017, 11:43:21 am »
Wow, i was never high on Raptors and didn't even think they are Top 3 from the East but they are actually worse than I thought. Bucks are a young team with most players having no play off experience. I thought this game would be close and decided by less than 5 points, most likely Raptors taking it with the experience. Well, i was happy to be wrong. 0-8 FG fpr DeRozan is just unacceptable. They are toast if they don't take the next one.

Kudos to Memphis though, they didn't let Spurs rook them :D
If they take the next one at home, we can see a whole different ball game.
I'll that that one for data  ;D

Offline Broad Spectrum

• Antibiotic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2460 on: April 21, 2017, 12:26:28 pm »
Yeah LeBron is just ridiculous, and the most amazing thing is he pulls out his best performances when it matters the most, on the highest stage with the most pressure. What a ridiculous athlete, we live in an era where LeBron, Messi and Federer have raised the bar in their respective sports.

Think it's a tough ask but Celtics have to win tonight otherwise it's game over for them.

Offline Broad Spectrum

• Antibiotic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2461 on: April 21, 2017, 12:43:03 pm »
By the numbers: What can't LeBron James do?

'73 -- James scored or assisted on 73 points, the most points he has ever done so on in a playoff game.'

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2462 on: April 21, 2017, 01:30:24 pm »
How do you lead by 26 points at HT and still lose a play off game at home ffs Pacers?
They could have sent a message before 4th game by blowing the Cavs out.
Looks like Paul George saw Westbrook's 4th quarter and decided to go same route.

Offline Alonso_The_Assassin

• Legacy Fan
    • Just Words
« Reply #2463 on: April 21, 2017, 02:57:56 pm »
How do you lead by 26 points at HT and still lose a play off game at home ffs Pacers?
They could have sent a message before 4th game by blowing the Cavs out.
Looks like Paul George saw Westbrook's 4th quarter and decided to go same route.

The answer is within your first sentence - it's the Pacers.

To be honest, Nate reverting to half-court offence in the last seventeen minutes of this game cost us. That and George not standing up in the third. Love the guy, but when there's a sniff of a run from the opposition then he's got to take the game by the scruff of the neck. He has that ability.

We're a handy team that's been let down by poor coaching all season. 

Credit to Lebron, though. He despises us. That's why he plays out of his skin every fucking series against us. Indiana will never beat a team with Lebron James in it. I'm quite sure of that.

Personally, I think the bloke is better than Michael Jordan. There, I said it. Positions one through five, the man can and has played in all of them at times. Quite possibly the best athlete I've ever seen. A machine. A freak. And - yes - a legend.

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2464 on: April 21, 2017, 04:35:36 pm »
Rondo out with a broken thumb, that changes the whole dynamics of the series. He has been great in both ends of the floor. MCW is awful, if he gets minutes, Bulls' chances are slim. I am expecting Wade to play the PG. I won't be surprised if Rondo decides to play with broken thumb, he has done with dislocated elbow at Celtics.

Offline Greatness

• Spineless and gutless
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2465 on: April 21, 2017, 06:38:26 pm »
Rondo out with a broken thumb, that changes the whole dynamics of the series. He has been great in both ends of the floor. MCW is awful, if he gets minutes, Bulls' chances are slim. I am expecting Wade to play the PG. I won't be surprised if Rondo decides to play with broken thumb, he has done with dislocated elbow at Celtics.
Shite that sucks, I was enjoying watching this Bulls team so far in the playoffs and Rondo was the driving force behind them

Even if Boston get past the Bulls now because of this Rondo injury, the Wizards would probably sweep them anyway
« Last Edit: April 21, 2017, 07:24:48 pm by Greatness »

Offline Doc Red

• Chills before posting and wishes others had too
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The eye cannot see what the mind does not know.
« Reply #2466 on: April 21, 2017, 06:41:05 pm »
Shite that sucks, I was enjoying watching this Bulls team so far in the playoffs and Rondo was driving force behind them
The child who is not embraced by the village will burn it down to feel its warmth.
There go my people. I must follow them, for I am their leader.

Offline Shaved Crossbar

• shits from the hip
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2467 on: April 21, 2017, 06:47:46 pm »
Interestingly, I think Jordan's 6 rings almost underrate him in a way. People focus on his 6 rings and then forget about the other ridiculous achievements of his career.

Offline GreatEx

• pectations. might be a cunt but isn't a capitalist cunt. Blissfully ignorant.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2468 on: April 22, 2017, 03:43:50 am »
Hayward scores 21 in the first quarter, a new franchise playoff record. That's right, better than anything the Mailman managed.

Only took 8 shots, too. Westbrook, take note.

Offline mallin9

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2469 on: April 22, 2017, 05:10:52 am »
I loved Good Rajon Rondo on the Celtics.  See tonight's 'trip' of Jae Crowder?   Such a weird angry man is Rajon.

Al Horford is a very easy player to root for.  Selfless, sound and damn good.

The Celtics bigs are by and large softer than tissue paper though
You'll Never Walk Alone

Offline Lone Star Red

• Tex
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2470 on: April 22, 2017, 05:53:10 am »
Lapping up the hate of Westbrook  :lickin
You cannot call overseas Liverpool supporters glory hunters. We’ve won one trophy this decade. If they’re glory hunters, they’re really bad ones. They’re actually journey hunters. It’s the journey and the story. Something about Liverpool has grabbed them." - Neil Atkinson (May, 2019)

"So don’t think about it – just play football.” - Jurgen Klopp

Offline Lastrador

• Legacy Fan
  • Not Italian
« Reply #2471 on: April 22, 2017, 07:46:59 am »
Really hard defeat for the Jazz tonight. Hayward had a career high 40 points (on 13/21 shooting) and George Hill was amazing too and it wasn't enough. They got destroyed on the PnR in the fourth quarter as they have no rim protection whatsoever without Gobert, and Chris Paul was just incredible (as he has been all series long). The only way I can see them winning the series now is if Gobert gets back for game 4. With Griffin potentially missing that game it can be a momentum changer.

It's going to be nearly impossible without Rudy though. Defensively, Favors can't keep up with Jordan strength or Chris Paul drives, he could barely move at the end, and his offensive production tonight was pathetic. I Can't see Hayward and Hill repeating tonight performances, and only Joe Johnson and maybe Hood off the bench are capable of stepping up on the offensive end, so they really gonna need Gobert offensive production.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2017, 07:55:33 am by Lastrador »

Offline Working Class Hen-Pecked Hero

• Is something to be...Lives at 999 Letsby Avenue.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2472 on: April 22, 2017, 08:12:02 am »
I loved Good Rajon Rondo on the Celtics.  See tonight's 'trip' of Jae Crowder?   Such a weird angry man is Rajon.

Al Horford is a very easy player to root for.  Selfless, sound and damn good.

The Celtics bigs are by and large softer than tissue paper though

That trip was funny as fuck, good spread from the Celtics though, Rondo will probably miss then next game then think about getting back in. I prefer when the playoffs are a bit more contested so hope he does get back
I'm telling you, Bowie died and it's all gone to fuck.

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2473 on: April 22, 2017, 11:32:29 am »
I feel sorry for Jazz, they are missing Gobert big time, Clippers dominate them in the paint in 3 games.
Favors+Diaw for 5 pts, 7 rebs, 0 blocks in 61 mins is just bad. Hope he is back next game.

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2474 on: April 22, 2017, 11:41:43 am »
I saw the first half of Celtics-Bulls. Bulls have no chance when Butler and Wade is both poor, they needed big time help from them and neither of them delivered. I am not even sure if one having a good game will be sufficient for them. Hoiberg is awful though, he made no changes when Boston went on a run. Not sure about Rondo's time table but fully expecting Butler to go off next game, he rarely has 2 poor games in a row.

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2475 on: April 22, 2017, 11:46:58 am »
Bucks-Raptors in Europe friendly time tonight should be fun. Thank God el classico is tomorrow, not tonight :D

Also is it me or Giannis looks like Mbappe?

Offline Gods_Left_Boot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2476 on: April 22, 2017, 12:39:31 pm »
Lapping up the hate of Westbrook  :lickin

It's almost as if Westbrook playing less selfishly and involving his teammates more leads to more wins for his team. Who would've thunk. Maybe had he not played stupid basketball in game 2 his team would be 2-1 up and with an actual chance of winning the series.
September 12, 2012:Truth today, justice tomorrow.

Oliver Kay ‏@OliverKayTimes
Those who've campaigned for the truth on Hillsborough were once a suppressed minority. Now the minority are those left clinging to the lies.

My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world.

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2477 on: April 22, 2017, 12:56:37 pm »
It's almost as if Westbrook playing less selfishly and involving his teammates more leads to more wins for his team. Who would've thunk. Maybe had he not played stupid basketball in game 2 his team would be 2-1 up and with an actual chance of winning the series.

Well said, series is still up to grab if OKC wins the next. And i hope they do, James Harden living in FT line is annoying me ;D

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2478 on: April 22, 2017, 12:58:42 pm »
The answer is within your first sentence - it's the Pacers.

To be honest, Nate reverting to half-court offence in the last seventeen minutes of this game cost us. That and George not standing up in the third. Love the guy, but when there's a sniff of a run from the opposition then he's got to take the game by the scruff of the neck. He has that ability.

We're a handy team that's been let down by poor coaching all season. 

Credit to Lebron, though. He despises us. That's why he plays out of his skin every fucking series against us. Indiana will never beat a team with Lebron James in it. I'm quite sure of that.

Personally, I think the bloke is better than Michael Jordan. There, I said it. Positions one through five, the man can and has played in all of them at times. Quite possibly the best athlete I've ever seen. A machine. A freak. And - yes - a legend.

I was meaning to ask you, why didn't you re-sign George Hill? He is solid, no nonsense and clutch, also he is from indiana. Why Teague instead of him?

Offline Greatness

• Spineless and gutless
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2479 on: April 22, 2017, 01:38:50 pm »
Bucks-Raptors in Europe friendly time tonight should be fun. Thank God el classico is tomorrow, not tonight :D

Also is it me or Giannis looks like Mbappe?
I've noticed that as well, both are the next big thing in their respective sports as well.

El Classico is gonna clash with OKC v Rockets game 4 which sucks

The European friendly games are great for me because I don't have to stay up until the early hours of the morning watching the games