Author Topic: DC Mega Topic, it's not the MCU  (Read 330672 times)

Offline Beav

• Football is impatient. Loves Vader's Helmet.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Superman/Batman film coming 2015
« Reply #240 on: August 28, 2013, 01:05:15 pm »
If Cranston is on board, you have to use him. Gordon would be a big part of a Batman film, less so in a Superman/Batman or Justice League film.

If he's in, they've got to cast him as Luthor. He would be perfect.
Twitter:  http://twitter.com/__Beav

Ah. Another Manchester United fan crashes out from the woodwork like a bemused koala that has taken three hits of crystal meth.

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #241 on: August 28, 2013, 01:23:22 pm »
I can see this film turning out to be so bad, as to be unintentionally hilarious. Batman and Superman in the same world? Na, that's just not a context that I can wrap my brain around, sorry. This is a turd in the works.

Offline Malaysian Kopite

• Feels shivers when he looks a Trquarista's...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #242 on: August 28, 2013, 01:26:28 pm »
I can see this film turning out to be so bad, as to be unintentionally hilarious. Batman and Superman in the same world? Na, that's just not a context that I can wrap my brain around, sorry. This is a turd in the works.
The comics have consistently shown that it works.
Football without fans is nothing.

We've won 18 titles, 5 European Cups, 7 FA Cups, but today must be the greatest victory of all.

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #243 on: August 28, 2013, 01:28:58 pm »
That's a comic, though. You can get away with whatever you want on the pages of a comic. In the world that Snyder and Nolan have made, it's a massive issue.  They don't mesh at all.

Online SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #244 on: August 28, 2013, 01:29:49 pm »

I don't even believe that to be honest. None that I've read.
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline Paul JH

• Elmer Fudd. I'm a witch! A WITCH!
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Don't do drugs..."
« Reply #245 on: August 28, 2013, 01:33:28 pm »
Question is, who does the music? Would Hans Zimmer really want to come back and do Man of Steel 2 and do MORE Batman themes and music? Surely it would be tricky for him, to come back and carry on the great score he did for MOS but not include his Batman motif's?
Sarcastic Net Pest and Sanctimonious Arse.

Offline Malaysian Kopite

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #246 on: August 28, 2013, 01:33:56 pm »
That's a comic, though. You can get away with whatever you want on the pages of a comic. In the world that Snyder and Nolan have made, it's a massive issue.  They don't mesh at all.
This isn't going to be Nolan's Batman.The Iron Man movies were initially 'realistic' but he still slotted seamlessly into The Avengers.

I don't even believe that to be honest. None that I've read.
TDKR? The differences in their ideology and capabilities make their relationship so interesting. 

We've won 18 titles, 5 European Cups, 7 FA Cups, but today must be the greatest victory of all.

Offline Macphisto80

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #247 on: August 28, 2013, 01:40:52 pm »
This isn't going to be Nolan's Batman.The Iron Man movies were initially 'realistic' but he still slotted seamlessly into The Avengers.
TDKR? The differences in their ideology and capabilities make their relationship so interesting. 
Nolan will have a lot of say in this for the same reason why he had a lot of say in MoS. He tried to make Superman a more gritty and realistic character in the same way he tried to take a man in a rubber bat suit and have him run about real life Manhattan. For me that just didn't work, and it's one of the main reasons why I think there is a stark and jarring contrast in Nolan's Batman trilogy between Batman Begins and the other two. I think Begins is the best of the three because Gotham looked at least moderately like Gotham. As Mouth says, the problem isn't really Batman himself: it's Superman. To me, he exists in a completely different world to the one Batman exists in, or at least the one that has been established on film. There's just too much there that grates against each other for it to work.

Offline Nessy76

• Shits alone and doesn't condone public self-molestation. Literally Goldenballs' biggest fan
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live In A Red And White Klopp
    • Andrew Ness Photographer
« Reply #248 on: August 28, 2013, 02:29:06 pm »

This sort of quote is just weird.

It's been done very frequently for over 70 years.

Works fine. If you accept the premise of a flying bulletproof alien who can bend iron girders with his bare hands and shoot lasers from his eyes, then surely Batman isn't that far-fetched?

Film could still be awful, but there's nothing wrong with those two characters being together, they've been pretty much defined that way since long before you were born.
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline Macphisto80

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #249 on: August 28, 2013, 02:50:24 pm »
This sort of quote is just weird.

It's been done very frequently for over 70 years.

Works fine. If you accept the premise of a flying bulletproof alien who can bend iron girders with his bare hands and shoot lasers from his eyes, then surely Batman isn't that far-fetched?

Film could still be awful, but there's nothing wrong with those two characters being together, they've been pretty much defined that way since long before you were born.
It's not a weird comment when you take the word 'context' into consideration. They're two completely separate entities that I just can't see gelling when paired together, both in their characters, what they are capable of, and the settings they come from. It just doesn't mix. Aliens and a grounded, almost super realistic vigilante set against the backdrop of a clearly recognizable modern city? Na, not for me.

Offline Nessy76

• Shits alone and doesn't condone public self-molestation. Literally Goldenballs' biggest fan
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #250 on: August 28, 2013, 03:00:35 pm »
It's not a weird comment when you take the word 'context' into consideration. They're two completely separate entities that I just can't see gelling when paired together, both in their characters, what they are capable of, and the settings they come from. It just doesn't mix. Aliens and a grounded, almost super realistic vigilante set against the backdrop of a clearly recognizable modern city? Na, not for me.

That's the exact same context that they've always had. For almost their entire existence. There's nothing realistic about Batman. He's Batman. He dresses as a Bat, never loses a fight, is the world's greatest martial artist (in every form of martial arts simultaneously) AND the world's greatest detective, with an encyclopedic knowledge of everything under the sun, and he's also a billionnaire and an inventor of technology that the rest of the world can't compete with.

Here they are, blowing your mind way back in 1941.

Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline Skidder.

• Minster. Aka The Censored Baron XII. I remember watching that as a skid!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #251 on: August 28, 2013, 03:09:29 pm »
The real question is, where is it going to be set?

Metropolis or Gotham???

What will be interesting is will Bruce Wayne and Clark Kent cross paths at some point?

Is it going to be Superman and Batman Vs a foe, or is it Superman V Batman in a spandex, mud wrestle?
Continually on 11,420.

Offline Malaysian Kopite

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #252 on: August 28, 2013, 03:46:02 pm »

Metropolis or Gotham???

What will be interesting is will Bruce Wayne and Clark Kent cross paths at some point?

Is it going to be Superman and Batman Vs a foe, or is it Superman V Batman in a spandex, mud wrestle?
There's deffo going to be one scene where they fight each other but obviously it's not going to be a straight up fight due to Batman's limitations.

Offline Haemoglobin

• The Phantom Drive-By Dunker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nunca Caminarás Solo
« Reply #253 on: August 28, 2013, 04:51:43 pm »

Metropolis or Gotham???
Megothalis.
"under-promise and over-deliver"

Offline Skidder.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #254 on: August 28, 2013, 05:10:15 pm »
Continually on 11,420.

Online lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
« Reply #255 on: August 28, 2013, 06:00:18 pm »
Megothalis.

Camden Town?

That actually would be fucking good. Superman downed by flying Rizlas and Batman hit over the head by a teenager with a giant bong.
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Offline Skidder.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #256 on: August 28, 2013, 06:21:32 pm »
Gothopolis.

(Sounds like Chavasse Park).
Continually on 11,420.

Offline Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #257 on: August 28, 2013, 07:29:23 pm »

Metropolis or Gotham???

I think it'll start in Gotham, with the bulk of the action in Metropolis. Think it's a certainty Clark and Bruce will cross paths. I expect Bruce will travel to Metropolis to investigate Superman but also undertake some business dealings with Lex - probably helping with the rebuilding of the city. He'll have studied Superman extensively beforehand, and might get his hands on some kryptonite. They'll have a fight in the middle of the film, which will end in a draw (as Supes will be heavily weakened). They'll realise Lex is the true enemy and unite to take him down, come to a grudging acceptance of each other and go their separate ways.

Offline Macphisto80

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #258 on: August 29, 2013, 12:13:22 am »
That's the exact same context that they've always had. For almost their entire existence. There's nothing realistic about Batman. He's Batman. He dresses as a Bat, never loses a fight, is the world's greatest martial artist (in every form of martial arts simultaneously) AND the world's greatest detective, with an encyclopedic knowledge of everything under the sun, and he's also a billionnaire and an inventor of technology that the rest of the world can't compete with.

Here they are, blowing your mind way back in 1941.

Yeah, but as I said to MK, it's a comic, and in a comic you can get away with stuff that would stick out like a sore thumb if you were to try and merge it into a realistic setting like the two have been doing in cinema format. As for Batman, I know he's not realistic in the typical sense of the word, but he's more grounded than Superman. In fact, in comparison, he's wholly realistic in contrast. He's just a normal bloke that's been trained to handle himself. A knife, bullet, or a short fall can still kill him. With Superman, there's almost literally nothing that can stop him. What use would Batman be in team of those two?

Offline OsirisMVZ

• Legacy Fan
  • Grew up with Houllier and Rafa teams
« Reply #259 on: August 29, 2013, 12:53:17 am »
Nothing can kill Batman! Even when he was killed by being hit with the most devastating attack from the strongest character in the DC universe, he didn't actually die. Which is a statement that makes no sense whatsoever, but it happened ;D

Superman has weaknesses to Krypton and Magic (so bring in Constantine, Zatanna, or December Graystone to fight him as they would hand him his arse) but he can still be defeated by things that are stronger than him. He basically gets battered once a week for the last 70 years, and then he wins in the end. That's the way it goes with him! For someone who is supposedly invincible he spends a lot of time on the treatment table.

Offline Nessy76

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #260 on: August 29, 2013, 02:12:16 am »
Yeah, but as I said to MK, it's a comic, and in a comic you can get away with stuff that would stick out like a sore thumb if you were to try and merge it into a realistic setting like the two have been doing in cinema format. As for Batman, I know he's not realistic in the typical sense of the word, but he's more grounded than Superman. In fact, in comparison, he's wholly realistic in contrast. He's just a normal bloke that's been trained to handle himself. A knife, bullet, or a short fall can still kill him. With Superman, there's almost literally nothing that can stop him. What use would Batman be in team of those two?

Batman is the World's Greatest Detective. Superman is a part-time journalist who uses inside info on Superman cases to get most of his stories. Batman solves the case and catches the bad guy, Superman is his battering ram; the guy who stops the runaway disaster the villain has unleashed.
Batman operates at night, and is not afraid to hurt people, Superman is symbol of justice and goodness, Batman is a symbol of fear and vengeance. That's how they've developed - in tandem, the basic characters of the two have been defined in terms of one another since so early on that they may as well have been made for each other.
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline Nessy76

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #261 on: August 29, 2013, 02:14:48 am »
Nothing can kill Batman! Even when he was killed by being hit with the most devastating attack from the strongest character in the DC universe, he didn't actually die. Which is a statement that makes no sense whatsoever, but it happened ;D

Superman has weaknesses to Krypton and Magic (so bring in Constantine, Zatanna, or December Graystone to fight him as they would hand him his arse) but he can still be defeated by things that are stronger than him. He basically gets battered once a week for the last 70 years, and then he wins in the end. That's the way it goes with him! For someone who is supposedly invincible he spends a lot of time on the treatment table.

And I'm now going to contradict myself slightly by saying that John Constantine has no business whatsoever in any story about Superman OR Batman. He's practically a real person! (Aside from all the magic and stuff.) He has sex, smokes, drinks himself into oblivion, pretty sure he's literally shat himself a couple of times, too.
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #262 on: August 29, 2013, 02:49:48 am »
If you can accept one superhero in a realistic setting, you can accept them all. Superman is just as plausible as Hulk, Iron Man, Green Lantern, Batman and the rest. It doesn't mean you have to like them.
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Offline Mouth

• Loretta the Wool. Closely related to SHF's Trousers....and thought Thomas Müller was down to miss a penno. He's behind yooo. Wants you to say "what?" one more time! Dreams about anal sex but couldn't come even if he wanted to.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Filmed in front of a live studio audience
    • www.bigassfans.com
« Reply #263 on: August 29, 2013, 04:01:09 am »
If you can accept one superhero in a realistic setting, you can accept them all. Superman is just as plausible as Hulk, Iron Man, Green Lantern, Batman and the rest. It doesn't mean you have to like them.
Good, because I fucking hate Superman.

I realise that I might not have communicated that fact yet.
"Paranoia is a very comforting state of mind. If you think they're out to get you, it means you think you matter"

Jurgen! What is best in life?

Crush your enemies. See dem driven before you. Hear d'lamentations of der vimmen.

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #264 on: August 29, 2013, 04:37:01 am »
No, you've been on the fence until now.
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Offline Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #265 on: August 29, 2013, 03:33:13 pm »
Officially announced that the sequel will be filming in Detroit. Gotham?

http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/178981-supermanbatman-movie-to-film-in-michigan

Offline Skidder.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #266 on: August 29, 2013, 03:57:14 pm »
Officially announced that the sequel will be filming in Detroit. Gotham?

http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/178981-supermanbatman-movie-to-film-in-michigan

I'd say Metropolis. Quintessential American City, Detroit is itself a very Metropolis in itself, but, with it's industry, I suppose it could in fact pose as potentially both if shot right.

Looks Metropolis-like to me.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2013, 04:00:44 pm by Shauno »
Continually on 11,420.

Offline Nessy76

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #267 on: August 29, 2013, 03:59:11 pm »
I'd expect to see scenes in both cities. Batman is much more tied to Gotham than Supes is to Metropolis. He doesn't like leaving the place for too long, while Superman flies round the world regularly.
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline Something Awful

• is stinking out the feedback forum. Wants a blow job from a velociraptor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice
« Reply #268 on: August 30, 2013, 05:31:40 am »
Detroit is in fucking ruins in some parts, yet obviously has the right look to be Metropolis.

Personally I don't care what they're doing, I'm just glad they're putting money into Motown.
'Despite their  cup pedigree - since they've returned to the top flight in 1962 - Everton have, after today's results, once again gone further in the FA Cup than their much vaunted neighbours. For the record it's Everton 23 Liverpool 22  and 7 ties in 52 seasons'

Offline Malaysian Kopite

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #269 on: August 30, 2013, 02:46:01 pm »
Now our DC Entertainment source has provided us with information that Zack Snyder is eyeing Timothy Dalton for the role of Alfred.

We are told it is by no means official, but Snyder, and to an extent David Goyer, have ideas for the major supporting cast members already. We are told Timothy Dalton is being looked at for a different take on Alfred Pennyworth as an example of something that is being thrown about.

Our DC Entertainment source previously provided us with early Man of Steel script information which mentioned the bus crash scene, Lana Lang witnessing Clark using his powers, LexCorps in the skyline, and our DC source most recently had Ben Affleck named as a potentional for Batman as well as Tyler Hoechlin, which I've been able to verify through a second source.

http://movies.cosmicbooknews.com/content/exclusive-zack-snyder-eyeing-timothy-dalton-alfred-batman-superman

Offline Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #270 on: August 30, 2013, 03:58:10 pm »
I really don't think Cosmic Book News is trustworthy in the slightest, but Dalton would be my No1 pick for Alfred. He'd kill that role, and he's almost 70 now so around the right age.

Offline Dubred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #271 on: August 30, 2013, 04:24:44 pm »
Apparently Justin Timberlake is touting himself as loving to play the Riddler if he's in the movie.

Just gets better and better.

Very pessimistic about the whole thing but very willing to be surprised!

Offline Beav

• Football is impatient. Loves Vader's Helmet.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #272 on: August 30, 2013, 04:26:24 pm »
Apparently Justin Timberlake is touting himself as loving to play the Riddler if he's in the movie.

Twitter:  http://twitter.com/__Beav

Ah. Another Manchester United fan crashes out from the woodwork like a bemused koala that has taken three hits of crystal meth.

Offline Malaysian Kopite

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #273 on: August 30, 2013, 04:34:08 pm »

Just gets better and better.

Very pessimistic about the whole thing but very willing to be surprised!
;D

Offline Ultimate Bromance

• The Crab
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #274 on: August 30, 2013, 04:35:09 pm »
Is Cosmic Book News the site that broke the 13-pic Affleck deal and the Cranston as Luthor stories? Heard today whoever it was is infamous for posting bs news just for the hits.
Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose.

Offline Skidder.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #275 on: August 30, 2013, 04:57:24 pm »
Good choice having Dalton as Alfred, about time Dalton got a bit of mainstream work to be honest... Such a good actor.

Continually on 11,420.

Offline Nessy76

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #276 on: August 30, 2013, 05:54:58 pm »
Good choice having Dalton as Alfred, about time Dalton got a bit of mainstream work to be honest... Such a good actor.

Was great in Flash Gordon. And quite good in that Doctor Who he was in, briefly. He was unlucky to get Bond at a time when the producers seemed to have lost all notion of what the character was meant to be.
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline Malaysian Kopite

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #277 on: August 30, 2013, 06:00:46 pm »
Was great in Flash Gordon. And quite good in that Doctor Who he was in, briefly. He was unlucky to get Bond at a time when the producers seemed to have lost all notion of what the character was meant to be.
Tbf his Bond wasn't a million miles from Craig's Bond.

Offline Skidder.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #278 on: August 30, 2013, 06:02:21 pm »

Dalton is a quality actor mate, I hated Hot Fuzz but he was definitely the standout performer in that if you ask me. If you want to see his range, watch Hawks mate, I remember the film he was in Framed being a brilliant film, (I was only young at the time). I was supposed to see him play in His Dark Materials in London in 2004, but the tickets fell through.

Timothy Dalton is a criminally underrated and underused actor, I'm even more happy that he has got this role than I am about Ben Affleck.

Well fucking done Sir!

Can't agree with this more than I have done in the past. I think we've spoken about this before MK, Dalton's take on Bond was way beyond it's time and his portrayal as Bond as a dedicated assassin, was too much for some of the mainstream movie-goers. He was also competing with the likes of Willis, Arnie, Stallone and that other prick. Whilst Dalton is what could be seen as a rugged, dark and brooding type, that era of audience did love their all out "good guys win, bad guys lose" action star. Dalton's Bond was as dirty, deplorable and morally ambiguous as the foes he fought.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2013, 06:09:25 pm by Shauno »
Continually on 11,420.

Offline Nessy76

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #279 on: August 30, 2013, 06:31:25 pm »
Dalton is a quality actor mate, I hated Hot Fuzz but he was definitely the standout performer in that if you ask me.

I'd forgotten he was in Hot Fuzz, he is awesome in that.

Can't agree with this more than I have done in the past. I think we've spoken about this before MK, Dalton's take on Bond was way beyond it's time and his portrayal as Bond as a dedicated assassin, was too much for some of the mainstream movie-goers. He was also competing with the likes of Willis, Arnie, Stallone and that other prick. Whilst Dalton is what could be seen as a rugged, dark and brooding type, that era of audience did love their all out "good guys win, bad guys lose" action star. Dalton's Bond was as dirty, deplorable and morally ambiguous as the foes he fought.

I think he was quite a bold choice for the part for that reason, but there was so much wrong with those films that had nothing to do with him. In a way, it wrecked his career, he was seen (unfairly) as the man who killed the Bond franchise until Brosnan brought it back with Goldeneye, but again, Brosnan had far better material to work with.

That's a good point. As I said, he was unlucky with getting the role when he did. The series had lost all direction.

I'm not personally a big fan of Craig's Bond or the recent films, it's all bit too dour and serious. The usual excuse for this is "we live in more dangerous times" which is utter bullshit. Connery took on the role at the height of the Cold War and still managed to crack a smile every now and then, despite the imminent threat of global thermonuclear war.
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA