Author Topic: The Real Ronaldo  (Read 39259 times)

Online thegoodfella

• makes reindeer pizza
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...siempre es posible
Re: The Real Ronaldo
« Reply #40 on: January 20, 2012, 02:19:10 pm »
It's not that ridiculous a question. Van Basten is one of the absolute best forwards of all time. Not everyone wins 3 Ballon D'or, and like Ronaldo he had his career cut short because of injury.

Yes but this isn't a comparison thread, next someone will post 'Romario or Ronaldo'. ;)

Offline Cybertom

• Legacy Fan
  • Rodgers will lead us back to glory.
« Reply #41 on: January 22, 2012, 07:18:20 pm »
Ability to round a keeper was second to none. Question to all, had he not suffered those two knee injuries would he have been a better player than messi?

That is the question. He is similar to Pele, like Messi is to Maradona. His pace, speed and control is insane for a goal scoring forward. Phenomenal player, no doubt.
Messi's only advantages are his agility and his vision - Ronaldo is stronger and faster.

Offline koolkamal

• There's a kind of hush
  • Legacy Fan
  • Our dreams are what make us who we are.
« Reply #42 on: December 16, 2012, 07:05:43 pm »
Ronaldo before and after picture, after participating in Brazilian TV competition.

Sign him up Rodgers, yes? Yes! :D
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them". Walt Disney

Offline Gifted Right Foot

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43 on: December 16, 2012, 10:25:57 pm »
good on him.  my favourite non lfc striker along with henry.  noone was better than him in his prime.

Offline Agger

• Do Do Do.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #44 on: December 16, 2012, 10:27:06 pm »
Fucking hell, was he really that fat?  :o Good for him! Now get back on the pitch.
If there was ever a reason for human cloning, Steven Gerrard is it.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #45 on: December 16, 2012, 10:29:40 pm »
We could do with Ronaldo even now.  ;D

Sign him up Brenden. 

Seriously great to see he lost weight and is healthy again.

Offline theredguy03

• Put balls in his mouth and nearly choked
  • Legacy Fan
  • Coutinho- Used to be Man City's tormentor
« Reply #46 on: December 17, 2012, 11:08:56 am »
Legend- that's all I can say.
My favourite all time LFC player? Tough choice.

Offline muyuu

• Google Groomer. reddit remain campaigner.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I love Rafa - fact
« Reply #47 on: December 17, 2012, 11:30:31 am »
We could do with Ronaldo even now.  ;D

Sign him up Brenden. 

Seriously great to see he lost weight and is healthy again.

He'd still be a top striker. He just doesn't care enough any more.
"Chelsea have confirmed that their interim fans will leave the club when Roman Abramovich does"
-sinnermichael

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=303961.msg11432382#msg11432382

Offline astowell1

• Legacy Fan
  • Klopp!
« Reply #48 on: December 17, 2012, 05:06:33 pm »
He'd still be a top striker. He just doesn't care enough any more.

What total bollocks.

Said himself that pain and hypothyroidism stopped him from performing at the level he wanted of himself.  Having the condition myself I can understand that.

In an emotional press conference on 14 February 2011, he admitted his body had finally succumbed to the crippling litany of injuries that have blighted his career. "It's very hard to leave something that made me so happy. Mentally I wanted to continue but I have to acknowledge that I lost to my body," he stated
« Last Edit: December 17, 2012, 05:13:50 pm by astowell1 »

Offline XabiArt

• Legacy Fan
  • The passmaster.
« Reply #49 on: December 17, 2012, 05:19:49 pm »

Offline muyuu

• Legacy Fan
  • I love Rafa - fact
« Reply #50 on: December 17, 2012, 07:01:16 pm »
What total bollocks.

Said himself that pain and hypothyroidism stopped him from performing at the level he wanted of himself.  Having the condition myself I can understand that.

In an emotional press conference on 14 February 2011, he admitted his body had finally succumbed to the crippling litany of injuries that have blighted his career. "It's very hard to leave something that made me so happy. Mentally I wanted to continue but I have to acknowledge that I lost to my body," he stated

Last year he was still boss and had a lot more weight on. Ronaldo still right now would make a fine striker. He had a lot more than pace.
"Chelsea have confirmed that their interim fans will leave the club when Roman Abramovich does"
-sinnermichael

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=303961.msg11432382#msg11432382

Offline astowell1

• Legacy Fan
  • Klopp!
« Reply #51 on: December 17, 2012, 07:46:17 pm »
Last year he was still boss and had a lot more weight on. Ronaldo still right now would make a fine striker. He had a lot more than pace.

It's not just about the pace though, its having the mental sharpness and flexibility.  He just couldn't perform at a level which he expected of himself.

Then there's the lingering pain of those previous injuries.

Offline SpartanTree. No deccies or lights.

• Legacy Fan
  • This is ANFIELD !!!
« Reply #52 on: December 17, 2012, 08:49:54 pm »
Watched him play 3 times - once for Barca & twice for Real.

Simply the best forward I have ever seen.
Up until then Van Basten (who I never saw live) was the best forward in my lifetime but for me Ronaldo surpassed him as a player.

Unbelievable acceleration & speed, strength, could finish with either foot, strong in the air, fearless, full of tricks, loved scoring goals & played with a smile on his face.  Wasn't lazy either.   

Those 2 injuries stopped him reaching his true potential but he was still an outstanding player despite them.

Most complete forward ever.  As mentioned earlier in the thread - a freight train with finesse.

'Il Fenomeno' I salute you !

'Siempre es posible' - my eyes have seen the glory...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=9OHC7lIfvk4

Physical death I do not fear, death of conscience is a sure death.

Offline Paul-LFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #53 on: December 17, 2012, 08:55:44 pm »
My favourite non-Liverpool player by an absolute mile. Love him.

Offline Euskadi

• Legacy Fan
  • Main Stander
« Reply #54 on: December 17, 2012, 09:03:31 pm »
what a legend, he actually looks quite shy . My mate met him in London, shes Brazilian ( and tidy) he was with Andre Santos, apparently Ronaldo was proper sound but the latter was an arrogant shit... Typical , the legend is the one who holds it down while the worst full back in the top half of the league is the twat.

Is Leonardo half french or something? His french is spotless!
;D  Mate of mine and me are the same, everyone swears we are brothers when we're out. He calls me slaphead, I call him slaphead, so when I see him I go "slap" and he replies "slap. People be looking and thinking what the f**k are these 2 on  ;D
but he's a blue nose, so he's a c*nt

as per "Slaphead" on the 10th May 2018

Offline Gifted Right Foot

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #55 on: December 17, 2012, 09:35:47 pm »
Any excuse

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6bgYXwxCv24

how have i not seen this compilation before.  thanks for posting. 

Offline Ratty

• Kemlynite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #56 on: December 17, 2012, 11:14:10 pm »
not many have played for both real and barca and get applauded by both sets of fans before the game unlike figo etc

same thing happened at inter and ac milan derbys.

he should be an example to the modern day footballer. played the game how it should be played "sportingly, fairly and fuck well awesome"

always had a smile on his face and he lit up my first world cup i ever watched in 2002.

to be honest, i dont reckon he ever joined an english club simply because the press would have destroyed him over here. what an awful shame

viva ronaldo!!

Offline Saint Kopite

• but Greavesie's in the Main Stand
  • Legacy Fan
  • “By what right does the wolf judge the lion?”
« Reply #57 on: February 15, 2013, 01:32:41 pm »
Brazil do need a number nine and its world cup next year. May be, just may be. :)

Seriously though, Its good to see him back healthy again. My favourite player ever. O Fenomeno.
A Liverbird upon my chest, we are the men of Shankly's best. A team that plays the Liverpool way, and wins the championship in May.

Offline BigAl24

• Would rather take one from the whole team than from just one billy goat.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58 on: February 15, 2013, 01:52:30 pm »
I love him.
"We change from doubters to believers. Now"

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #59 on: February 15, 2013, 01:58:48 pm »
Brazil do need a number nine and its world cup next year. May be, just may be. :)

Seriously though, Its good to see him back healthy again. My favourite player ever. O Fenomeno.

That's brilliant to see after the way his weight ballooned. Good on him.

One of the greatest players of all time undoubtedly. Feel lucky he came along in my lifetime.
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline Rohit

• nol
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60 on: February 15, 2013, 02:51:49 pm »
Hopefully people to stop labeling him as fat ronaldo. Its a disgrace for them to tarnish one of the greatest players( would have been the greatest if not for the injuries) ever with that tag.

Offline Cocomin

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #61 on: February 15, 2013, 02:56:19 pm »
I bet in that nick he could still do a job at a high level i don't think i have ever seen a player with his acceleration what a player.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #62 on: February 15, 2013, 02:58:23 pm »
Can you imagine him in that Real side alongside Cristiano....?

Frightening. Not sure if people realise how priveleged we are to have seen players like Ronaldo and Messi in their prime.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Tomaldinho

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • camina, camina, con esperanza de tu corazon
« Reply #63 on: February 15, 2013, 03:33:16 pm »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/Tea20qaiYl4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/Tea20qaiYl4</a>

The first 20 seconds of this are sensational  :)

"Why...."
@TomNJones on Twitter

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #64 on: February 15, 2013, 03:59:14 pm »
O Fenomeno looking good and healthy. Hopefully he can stay in decent shape. Simply one of the greatest to ever play the game.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline OOS

• Jordan Henderson fanclub member #4
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #65 on: February 15, 2013, 04:21:42 pm »
Great to see him looking well. Good for him.
"I think the most important thing about music is the sense of escape." - Thom Yorke

Offline Juan Loco

• down in Acapulco. LIkes 'em salty and succulent, the wee lambies!
  • Legacy Fan
  • We've got our valuation and we're sticking to it
« Reply #66 on: February 15, 2013, 04:47:51 pm »
Always loved the fact that he and Lomu became phenom's at around roughly the same time. It was like the same player playing two seperate sports.

Never seen a player with such a range of effective tricks, nevermind anyone capable of using them at such pace, or accelerating and decelerating so bloody quickly. You could combine the best attributes from our strikers over the last 10 years, and you still wouldn't get a player as good. Better in tight areas than Suarez, far more powerful and explosive than Torres. A better finisher than there has been anywhere since.
"It's the football philosophy that counts, not the system."

A fully signed-up member of SPAS
The Stuart Pearce Apologist Society

Offline Saint Kopite

• but Greavesie's in the Main Stand
  • Legacy Fan
  • “By what right does the wolf judge the lion?”
« Reply #67 on: February 15, 2013, 05:16:05 pm »
Always loved the fact that he and Lomu became phenom's at around roughly the same time. It was like the same player playing two seperate sports.

Never seen a player with such a range of effective tricks, nevermind anyone capable of using them at such pace, or accelerating and decelerating so bloody quickly. You could combine the best attributes from our strikers over the last 10 years, and you still wouldn't get a player as good. Better in tight areas than Suarez, far more powerful and explosive than Torres. A better finisher than there has been anywhere since.

What was the best part was the defenders he faced were some all time greats like Nest, Thuram, Desailly, Cannavaro, Costacurta, Ayala, Hierro, Puyol etc and made all of them look like average defenders. Like you said, he was one of a kind striker. A complete striker who had everything.
A Liverbird upon my chest, we are the men of Shankly's best. A team that plays the Liverpool way, and wins the championship in May.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #68 on: February 15, 2013, 05:19:47 pm »
I was only six or so at the time, but I had a video of all of Ronaldo's Barcelona goals. Man, I watched the shit out of that bad boy. This classic against Compostela comes to mind - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NC57WLJYmUE - That showcased that he had it all. Pace, strength, amazing close control and a finisher to boot.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline Rohit

• nol
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #69 on: February 15, 2013, 05:44:45 pm »

He had great vision to his game aswell, mostly seen at Inter. He had a great array of passes in his locker too.

Offline Something Awful

• is stinking out the feedback forum. Wants a blow job from a velociraptor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice
« Reply #70 on: February 15, 2013, 06:27:45 pm »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/Tea20qaiYl4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/Tea20qaiYl4</a>

The first 20 seconds of this are sensational  :)

"Why...."

Haha Zidane looks like he just stepped in something that's how stupid the question is.
'Despite their  cup pedigree - since they've returned to the top flight in 1962 - Everton have, after today's results, once again gone further in the FA Cup than their much vaunted neighbours. For the record it's Everton 23 Liverpool 22  and 7 ties in 52 seasons'

Offline muyuu

• Legacy Fan
  • I love Rafa - fact
« Reply #71 on: March 7, 2013, 01:01:46 am »
http://www.todayonline.com/sports/football/fergies-weight-comment-was-rude-brazils-ronaldo

Asked to compare former United star Cristiano Ronaldo, 28, with Ronaldo Nazario da Lima, 36, Ferguson described the latter as the “old and fat one”.

The Brazilian, who has gotten back in shape, said yesterday (this morning, Singapore time) that “Real Madrid shut (Ferguson’s) mouth for me”.

He said the comment made by Ferguson represented “a lack of respect” and “was not polite” for someone in his position. Ronaldo had already complained of Ferguson’s comments on Tuesday.

Ronaldo, who played for Real Madrid from 2002 to 2007, said jokingly yesterday that he has “no more words to this gentleman, just the hope that his team loses every single game it plays”. AP

Also here http://www.marca.com/2013/03/06/en/football/real_madrid/1362607531.html

Visibly angry, Ronaldo also wished that "the team managed by Ferguson always lose".

-----

Me too, Ronaldo. Me too :)
« Last Edit: March 7, 2013, 01:04:40 am by muyuu »
-sinnermichael

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #72 on: March 7, 2013, 01:12:45 am »
Good on him.

Pisses me off when he get's called "Fat" Ronaldo. This man was a phenomenal player could've gone down as the greatest player ever if injuries didn't hamper him.

Offline BigMarcs

• Would like an R with his Mac...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #73 on: March 7, 2013, 02:05:40 am »
Fuck off Ferguson you old pissed stained tramp. Absolutely no respect to one of the greats.
Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/bigcreds

Offline edge

• hill, getting off at...with a dijk still hard...
  • Legacy Fan
  • allright, then..
« Reply #74 on: March 7, 2013, 02:59:18 am »
Remember him from the 2002 WC, at 11 years old, watching a few of the games at school(the teachers decided it was as good an education as any), and the rest at home. I still have a written contract which I agreed with my mum, that stated something like: If Brazil win it, I'll cut my hair like Ronaldo. Can't remember if I went through with it, though.

My all time favorite player.

Good on him telling off the tramp, as well.
« Last Edit: March 7, 2013, 03:03:07 am by edge »

Offline Max_powers

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #75 on: March 7, 2013, 05:28:45 am »
Absolutely loved watching him play was the most complete player I have seen play. Classless from Whiskey nose as usual so no surprises there.

Offline Armand9

• Legacy Fan
    • http://armand9.deviantart.com/
« Reply #76 on: March 7, 2013, 05:43:01 am »
http://www.todayonline.com/sports/football/fergies-weight-comment-was-rude-brazils-ronaldo

Asked to compare former United star Cristiano Ronaldo, 28, with Ronaldo Nazario da Lima, 36, Ferguson described the latter as the “old and fat one”.

The Brazilian, who has gotten back in shape, said yesterday (this morning, Singapore time) that “Real Madrid shut (Ferguson’s) mouth for me”.

He said the comment made by Ferguson represented “a lack of respect” and “was not polite” for someone in his position. Ronaldo had already complained of Ferguson’s comments on Tuesday.

Ronaldo, who played for Real Madrid from 2002 to 2007, said jokingly yesterday that he has “no more words to this gentleman, just the hope that his team loses every single game it plays”. AP

Also here http://www.marca.com/2013/03/06/en/football/real_madrid/1362607531.html

Visibly angry, Ronaldo also wished that "the team managed by Ferguson always lose".

-----

Me too, Ronaldo. Me too :)

I was listening to Tim Vickery yesterday on the radio about this, said Ronaldo was severly pissed off and I don't blame him - was a true great, incredible player and that old c*nt's defining adjective about him publicly is 'fat', twat.

Power of a tank, grace of a gazelle, a unique talent.
Losing your only chance of silverware this season to your city rival. At home. With the most expensive squad ever assembled.

Have that, you arrogant wanker. CarraG238

Offline Kovai Red

• Oh my captain!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Educated Farrago
« Reply #77 on: March 7, 2013, 05:59:55 am »
ha ha.. good on him. ;D Always enjoyed his game. He is one of the reasons why I fell in love with this game. Complete forward ever.
"Liverpool are the ones with the ball. I support them just for that"
"Ella pugazhum Iraivan Oruvanuke"

Offline Ultimate Bromance

• The Crab
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #78 on: March 7, 2013, 06:56:38 am »
Must admit I didn't think I could be surprised by anything to come out of Ferguson's mouth anymore, but to speak about one of the greatest players to ever grace the game in such a manner, was actually taken aback. Really is an appalling twat of a man.
Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose.

Offline JohnnoWhite

• Deliverer of the -Q- de grace.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thought I was wrong once - but I was mistaken.
« Reply #79 on: March 7, 2013, 07:07:01 am »
Not heard this until this morning.

100% out of order Alex - fucking apologise and stop embarrassing our club please.

Matt must be turning in his grave at this . . . . disgraceful.
There is nothing wrong with striving to win, so long as you don't set the prize above the game. There can be no dishonour in defeat nor any conceit in victory. What matters above all is that the team plays in the right spirit, with skill, courage, fair play,no favour and the result accepted without bitterness. Sir Matt Busby CBE KCSG 1909-1994