Author Topic: General Manchester City thread  (Read 3433497 times)

Offline Dubred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: General Manchester City thread
« Reply #15800 on: March 16, 2017, 03:41:37 pm »
I am fine with all of that except the bolded part. Unless you are biased with hatred, Pep was one of the few people who changed football through his Barca tactics. Football has not been the same, it became a lot more attacking, it is simply different now. Even the likes of Klopp are using his pressing style. Go back and read interviews of Sacchi and Cruyff, and others, too.

He was a huge difference. May be not in terms of trophies, although at Barca, he was unmatched on that front as well, but in terms of FOOTBALL.

But thats precisely what I was on about.

There's no doubting he changed the way the club played.

But they were winning trophies before Pep and have continued after.

Same with Bayern (or will be when Ancellotti starts racking up the inevitable trophies  ;D)

Pep changed things with amazing players at his disposal.  At both teams.

He's inherited a team with unbelievable resources (again) but unlike the previous two leagues, there's more competition.

I'm just not sure he will deliver.

For the record, big fan of Pep, but that doesn't cloud my opinion that he might just not be as good as everyone thinks.

Offline Xxavi

• Qatari Minister Of Information
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #15801 on: March 16, 2017, 03:49:32 pm »

Same with Bayern (or will be when Ancellotti starts racking up the inevitable trophies  ;D)

He's inherited a team with unbelievable resources (again) but unlike the previous two leagues, there's more competition.

For the record, big fan of Pep, but that doesn't cloud my opinion that he might just not be as good as everyone thinks.

What Pep has already achieved puts him in the tier of greats. Let's start off there. Some people coached briefly and retired on the back of their brief success, and are remembered as legends. Sacchi, Cruyff. Pep could retire today, he will still be a legend.

Whether he will do at ManCity, I don't know. There is no coach in the history of football who was winning trophies every single season. Pep is somehow criticized for not doing so, but I guess that's the standard for the greatest. Yet, people have to keep in mind that he is a fairly young coach. Much admired coaches at his age or older have not achieved a fraction of what he has achieved. For years, world football praised Capello, who played ugly football with some of the most expensive squads and amazing players, and royally soiled his pants with England and Russia. People have to step back and remember who Pep is being compared to.

Offline KOTP

• Arch Cunt + Official RAWK scarf swapper. Possibly the most laughably out-dated signature on the entire site, we hope.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15802 on: March 16, 2017, 03:50:04 pm »
I like pep and glad he's managing in the premier league as it is more of a challenge than the other leagues he's managed in previously. Until he or the dof there get their heads sorted and realise the be successful over here you can't just buy a team full of flair and number 10s the more dangerous they will be. The amount city have wasted on poor defenders is unbelievable

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #15803 on: March 16, 2017, 03:51:15 pm »
I like pep and glad he's managing in the premier league as it is more of a challenge than the other leagues he's managed in previously. Until he or the dof there get their heads sorted and realise the be successful over here you can't just buy a team full of flair and number 10s the more dangerous they will be. The amount city have wasted on poor defenders is unbelievable

A proper No. 1 might be a help too.
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15804 on: March 16, 2017, 03:54:04 pm »
A proper No. 1 might be a help too.

I hear Joe Hart is available? ;D
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline puroresu_kid

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15805 on: March 16, 2017, 04:12:32 pm »

Well yeah you could argue there is more competition but then again we have a Premier League which has been a 1 horse race for months.

I'm still waiting to see this league in England every summer people say 4 or 5 times can win it.  That never materialises!!!

Yep I agree with all of that. People still massively over-rate this City squad. I heard Neil Atkinson on The Anfield Wrap earlier saying they might still get 85 points this season. Absolutely no chance.

I was falling into the same trap myself until about twelve months ago. The turning point for me was that 1-3 home loss to Leicester. I really thought they'd turn them over that day and go on to win the title. The lack of fight and desire against an inferior side was startling. They do lack quality in a few areas but in my opinion have a wider mentality issue. You don't bottle that many games - and indeed come close to bottling games at times, too, before being digged out by Aguero or Toure - over so many years without a wider issue. It usually takes time to turn that around. Obviously Conte has done so instantly at Chelsea but there was a ready-made winning mentality waiting to be unlocked again. I'm not sure City have ever truly had that. Perhaps it's because of the wealth. Perhaps it's because they've got too many diminutive footballers. Who knows. Personally if I was Guardiola I'd be selling Toure and Aguero in the summer. It's time to move them on. They're not the same footballers they were and I don't think they're good eggs either. Working hard seems like an ordeal to them and they're used to being "the man". I'm not sure their talent levels reflect that anymore.

Is Pep the sort of manager to buy a bastard or two in the summer to try and change that? Better players is the most important thing of course, but I still think they might remain a bit too soft.

When you look at the season after City won both titles that really told a story.  No hunger or desire to retain a title, it was just go through the motions stuff.  Twice it happened and it really showed the lack of winning mentality.

If he needs another Ł300m just to compete then he's nothing but a chancer who can only do it when he's got a vastly superior squad to his opponents, like his detractors said at Bayern and Barca

There is a myth that the Madrid squad's that Guardiola was up against was vastly inferior to his own. That's right Real Madrid!!!  When has Madrid ever had a squad significantly worse than its rivals?
« Last Edit: March 16, 2017, 04:20:28 pm by puroresu_kid »

Offline Bob Sacamano

• Legacy Fan
  • Alleged Manc and/or Gooner
« Reply #15806 on: March 16, 2017, 04:21:28 pm »
I think Xxavi is talking sense, for the most part. Pep is a fantastic manager, and based on results it's hard to argue he isn't the best in the world. When he signed for City, I'll admit thinking he would turn them into Bayern/Barca, walk the league and challenge in Europe. So obviously I've been surprised see just how vulnerable they look in the league. The defence is a shambles, and there's unquestionably a lack of quality back there that is probably being exacerbated by Pep's system. But if they win the FA cup and finish 2nd in the league, I'd say that's a slightly disappointing season but not exactly a disaster.

Between Klopp and Rodgers, we've seen how much teams can improve in the 2nd season under a new manager. If a year from now City is out of the CL again and languishing 10 points behind the league leader, then I think significant criticism will be warranted. But for now it's far far too early.

Offline thelinnen

• Tepid Water Lite. Serial Moaner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15807 on: March 16, 2017, 04:27:24 pm »
Somewhere in China Manuel Pellegrini is laughing his cock off.
Then in the midddle out pops a smiling glen johnson pulling up his jersey to reveal a t-shirt of suarez with a text saying. "OUR SUAREZ IS A FRIEND TO ALL COLOURS!"

Offline Xxavi

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15808 on: March 16, 2017, 04:31:24 pm »
I think Xxavi is talking sense, for the most part. Pep is a fantastic manager, and based on results it's hard to argue he isn't the best in the world. When he signed for City, I'll admit thinking he would turn them into Bayern/Barca, walk the league and challenge in Europe. So obviously I've been surprised see just how vulnerable they look in the league. The defence is a shambles, and there's unquestionably a lack of quality back there that is probably being exacerbated by Pep's system. But if they win the FA cup and finish 2nd in the league, I'd say that's a slightly disappointing season but not exactly a disaster.

Between Klopp and Rodgers, we've seen how much teams can improve in the 2nd season under a new manager. If a year from now City is out of the CL again and languishing 10 points behind the league leader, then I think significant criticism will be warranted. But for now it's far far too early.
Thanks, mate! I have to be honest, I am slightly disappointed myself that Pep has not proven his detractors wrong right away. But I guess that proves we are all human. Still, if analyzed with a cold head, ManCity had some nice games, and even in poor games, you see something that comes from Pep.

Too many teams are without identity out there, where everything comes from players and little comes from managers. I love Luis Enrique, but even current Barca are an example of that. If the supremely talented Barca squad are motivated, they can beat anyone, otherwise, they are zombies walking on the pitch. And the manager seemingly has no influence, he is just a fan on the sidelines. Pep is still not that. You see something of his in every one of his teams, this is not a simple case of a coach buying 10 players and putting them on the pitch, with the rest of the coach's job being motivation (see Mourinho).

Finally, as quick as some are to dismiss Pep's achievements, some are also very quick to praise Conte. Conte has done very well this season, but again, this is premature. He is not playing in Europe with Chelsea. Before coming to Chelsea, he was in a one horse league, too (Juventus). And there, his team did nothing of note in Europe. Not much was expected from Chelsea this season, come next season, however, they'd be expected to do well in the league and in Europe. Will people have a 180 deg turnaround around this time of the year next season and call Conte a "fraud"? We shall see.

Offline NaivetyinBlack

• Suffers from performative anxiety.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15809 on: March 16, 2017, 04:33:10 pm »
I have to admire XXavi's diligence. Unrelenting.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15810 on: March 16, 2017, 04:41:49 pm »
To be fair to Guardiola its not his fault his squad isnt great.

Offline Xxavi

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15811 on: March 16, 2017, 04:41:52 pm »
I have to admire XXavi's diligence. Unrelenting.
You see, if I don't show up after Pep (ManCity) loses, I will be accused of disappearing when inconvenient results occur ;D I am here to face all the ridicule even when things don't go the way I expected.

Offline dalarr

• hästarr. Call me sensitive.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15812 on: March 16, 2017, 05:02:03 pm »
I think Pep's reputation and history make people expect a bit too much of him. Just like someone posted earlier, he's been at two clubs that dominate their respective leagues. Man City is his first real challenge. Some on here proclaim him to be The Best Manager Ever while some even suggest that he is a chancer. I think the truth is somewhere in between. He's a very good manager but not some almighty God. His next season will be interesting to follow.

Offline surfer. Fuck you generator.

• surgood. As good as Suarez but CBA to play for us. Takes it on the chin and never holds a pointless grudge for several months.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15813 on: March 16, 2017, 05:02:50 pm »
Of course Pep has changed the game, permanently. Was catching up on games earlier and you see that mark in the way so many teams build up in their own third now. Pre Pep, teams like Huddersfield, Fulham, Rodgers's Swansea wouldn't have had the movements, the player positions to consistently build and retain the ball from deep. Post Pep, the coaches of inferior teams have the tactical movements to build the play and assert themselves on opponents, if they are willing to accept the risk of turnover in key areas. As we're seeing a lot, over a season, trying to become Pep-lite usually leaves you in a good place where you otherwise have no chance of reaching through orthodox pre Pep tactics if you are among the weaker sides in a league. He has revolutionized the game.

Thing is, it's the nature of a field to catch up with an advancement and achieve parity. An original idea, process, method, invention only maintains the advantage of its conception for a window of time. Now the whole world has caught up with his ideas, essentially by copying him.

Question is, what comes next? If you put a Pep-lite like Rodgers or Jokanovic in City's dugout, would they have really fared any worse this season? I don't think so. The next step in the game is tuning his possession movements with just the right adjustment for the preventative marking positions to create solid, consistent defensive movements. Pre Pep, coaches like Mourinho and Benitez created impenetrable shapes as the bedrock of their teams. They still do, while attempting to assimilate the possession game into their strengths. Pep has to work it out from the opposite end. The first coach to do it, will - again - have a window of opportunity to achieve, when he will stand above any other in his field and feel like a God for a while. After that there's nowhere left to go anyway, it would be footballing nirvana.

Offline Bob Sacamano

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15814 on: March 16, 2017, 05:03:28 pm »
Thanks, mate! I have to be honest, I am slightly disappointed myself that Pep has not proven his detractors wrong right away. But I guess that proves we are all human. Still, if analyzed with a cold head, ManCity had some nice games, and even in poor games, you see something that comes from Pep.

Too many teams are without identity out there, where everything comes from players and little comes from managers. I love Luis Enrique, but even current Barca are an example of that. If the supremely talented Barca squad are motivated, they can beat anyone, otherwise, they are zombies walking on the pitch. And the manager seemingly has no influence, he is just a fan on the sidelines. Pep is still not that. You see something of his in every one of his teams, this is not a simple case of a coach buying 10 players and putting them on the pitch, with the rest of the coach's job being motivation (see Mourinho).

Finally, as quick as some are to dismiss Pep's achievements, some are also very quick to praise Conte. Conte has done very well this season, but again, this is premature. He is not playing in Europe with Chelsea. Before coming to Chelsea, he was in a one horse league, too (Juventus). And there, his team did nothing of note in Europe. Not much was expected from Chelsea this season, come next season, however, they'd be expected to do well in the league and in Europe. Will people have a 180 deg turnaround around this time of the year next season and call Conte a "fraud"? We shall see.

The answer to this question is obviously yes  ;D

If you can get a handful of posters calling Pep--the manager of arguably the greatest club side anyone has ever seen--a fraud, then you can bet Conte will get the same treatment, if not worse.

Offline Xxavi

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15815 on: March 16, 2017, 05:10:14 pm »

If you can get a handful of posters calling Pep--the manager of arguably the greatest club side anyone has ever seen--a fraud, then you can bet Conte will get the same treatment, if not worse.
Then, I don't envy Conte. Frankly, English clubs have been piss poor in the past 6-7 years irrespective of spending, what club and what manager it is. You'd think with Conte, Pep, Mourinho and Klopp, things will change, but actually, things are changing very slowly, if at all.

I wouldn't be surprised if Rostov knock ManU out today. I know ManU are massive favorites, but the level of English clubs is such that this can happen.

Offline Greatness

• Spineless and gutless
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15816 on: March 16, 2017, 05:15:58 pm »
Then, I don't envy Conte. Frankly, English clubs have been piss poor in the past 6-7 years irrespective of spending, what club and what manager it is. You'd think with Conte, Pep, Mourinho and Klopp, things will change, but actually, things are changing very slowly, if at all.

I wouldn't be surprised if Rostov knock ManU out today. I know ManU are massive favorites, but the level of English clubs is such that this can happen.
15th place Leicester City just knocked out a Sevilla team in the Champions League, who have won the Europa League 3 season in a row and have been involved in the title race in La-Liga for most the season.

Offline Bob Sacamano

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15817 on: March 16, 2017, 05:17:42 pm »
Of course Pep has changed the game, permanently. Was catching up on games earlier and you see that mark in the way so many teams build up in their own third now. Pre Pep, teams like Huddersfield, Fulham, Rodgers's Swansea wouldn't have had the movements, the player positions to consistently build and retain the ball from deep. Post Pep, the coaches of inferior teams have the tactical movements to build the play and assert themselves on opponents, if they are willing to accept the risk of turnover in key areas. As we're seeing a lot, over a season, trying to become Pep-lite usually leaves you in a good place where you otherwise have no chance of reaching through orthodox pre Pep tactics if you are among the weaker sides in a league. He has revolutionized the game.

Thing is, it's the nature of a field to catch up with an advancement and achieve parity. An original idea, process, method, invention only maintains the advantage of its conception for a window of time. Now the whole world has caught up with his ideas, essentially by copying him.

Question is, what comes next? If you put a Pep-lite like Rodgers or Jokanovic in City's dugout, would they have really fared any worse this season? I don't think so. The next step in the game is tuning his possession movements with just the right adjustment for the preventative marking positions to create solid, consistent defensive movements. Pre Pep, coaches like Mourinho and Benitez created impenetrable shapes as the bedrock of their teams. They still do, while attempting to assimilate the possession game into their strengths. Pep has to work it out from the opposite end. The first coach to do it, will - again - have a window of opportunity to achieve, when he will stand above any other in his field and feel like a God for a while. After that there's nowhere left to go anyway, it would be footballing nirvana.

I think the tactical issue is being overplayed. Any coach in any sport will tell you that good tactics are necessary, but far from sufficient. And there are no perfect tactics, because every tactic has a "counter." That's why the idea of Pep or Mourinho or Rafa or Klopp being "found out" is just nonsense. It's the bigger ideas (the "philosophy" as Van Gaal would say) animating the tactics, getting the players to buy in to the "philosophy", coaching the players so that they know exactly what is expected of them regardless of which tactic is being employed, finding the right players, managing their egos etc. that are more important than mere tactics in my opinion.

Offline Xxavi

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15818 on: March 16, 2017, 05:19:24 pm »
15th place Leicester City just knocked out a Sevilla team in the Champions League, who have won the Europa League 3 season in a row and have been involved in the title race in La-Liga for most the season.
Mate, one offs don't count. Sevilla were deservedly knocked out by Leicester. But the general conclusion that the top English clubs are simply not good enough in Europe stays true.

They may improve next season, it will be Pep's, Conte's and Mourinho's second seasons. However, currently, the fight at the top is still between mediocre teams (compared to top standards of Bayern and Real Madrid).

Offline Bob Sacamano

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15819 on: March 16, 2017, 05:25:06 pm »

Again though, it's early. Mourinho in his first season at ManU. Conte in his first season. Pep in his first season. Klopp only season 2, and with an inferior squad compared to those 3 teams. That's 4 proven, high quality manages who will have a boatload of money to spend and time to mould their teams as they see fit. I think English teams will be very very competitive in Europe very soon. It won't be the level of dominance we saw in 2004-2009 because Barca/Madrid/Bayern are so much stronger and more consistent than they were then. But I wouldn't be surprised to see 3 English teams in the CL semis again in the next few years.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2017, 07:27:46 pm by Bob Sacamano »

Offline Xxavi

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15820 on: March 16, 2017, 05:44:36 pm »
Again though, it's early. Mourinho in his first season at ManU. Conte in his first season. Pep in his first season. Klopp only season 2, and with an inferior squad compared to those 3 teams. That's 4 proven, high quality manages who will have a boatload of money to spend and time to mold their teams as they see fit. I think English teams will be very very competitive in Europe very soon. It won't be the level of dominance we saw in 2004-2009 because Barca/Madrid/Bayern are so much stronger and more consistent than they were then. But I wouldn't be surprised to see 3 English teams in the CL semis again in the next few years.
I totally agree. For English clubs, the only way is up given the caliber of the managers. And conversely, for the trio up top in Europe, the only way is down since their squads are ageing.

Barca are already on a downward spiral. Xavi and Puyol haven't been replaced adequately, Iniesta and Messi are also fast regressing. Cannot see Barca maintaining that level.
Madrid... I would argue that Ronaldo isn't the same. Hasn't really been the same for the past 1-2 years, but on the back of Portugal's success, he got another Golden Ball. Irrespective of that, he is on a downward spiral. Pepe, Navas and soon Modric will need replacing.
Bayern seem best positioned to transition without a lot of loss in quality, but I do believe they will start regressing soon, too. Their best winger is still Robben. Ribery, Lahm etc. need replacing, too. Heck, Alonso has been criticized a lot, but there is no ready replacement for him. They can only hope that Sanchez can replace him.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2017, 05:49:04 pm by Xxavi »

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15821 on: March 16, 2017, 05:45:35 pm »

The AC Milan of the late 80s/early 90s would have to be the best club side I've seen, amazing in every position, Maldini and Baresi, 3 Dutch men, amazing team

Offline ElCapo

• Legacy Fan
  • Bayern Munich - Mia San Mia
« Reply #15822 on: March 16, 2017, 06:13:57 pm »

Actually Conte came from the Azzurri, where he did extremely well considering the dearth of Italian talent at the national team (and best players unavailable through injury).   Easily beat a talented Belgian team, a far superior Spain team, and should have knocked out the world champs had it not been for the idiocy of Zaza.  He's proved himself quickly on the PL with largely the same team that finished bottom half last season.  Handled Hazard, Costa, Terry, even whining Mourinho extremely well.

At Juve he did extremely well to set them up for some success in Europe that Allegri is achieving.  Conte built the team, Allegri is the Ancelotti of Juve, basically just steering the team along.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2017, 06:16:20 pm by ElCapo »

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #15823 on: March 16, 2017, 06:18:12 pm »
Pretty much that same team also won the leauge the season before, their position last year was more due to Mourinho than a lack of talent in the squad. Conte arrived to a very good team, and he has improved it this season with a couple very good signings. I guess he has a 'simpler' way of coaching than Guardiola too, and I don't mean that as an insult to Conte! But it was easier implemented.

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15824 on: March 17, 2017, 05:13:10 pm »
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline rscanderlech

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15825 on: March 17, 2017, 05:24:08 pm »
Actually Conte came from the Azzurri, where he did extremely well considering the dearth of Italian talent at the national team (and best players unavailable through injury).   Easily beat a talented Belgian team, a far superior Spain team, and should have knocked out the world champs had it not been for the idiocy of Zaza.  He's proved himself quickly on the PL with largely the same team that finished bottom half last season.  Handled Hazard, Costa, Terry, even whining Mourinho extremely well.

At Juve he did extremely well to set them up for some success in Europe that Allegri is achieving.  Conte built the team, Allegri is the Ancelotti of Juve, basically just steering the team along.
Well said. To take a very talented team that performed dismally and, we expect, to win the league by a distance the next season is a high achievement in itself, but, for Conte, this is merely a confirmation of his outstanding ability as a coach. He has been brilliant everywhere he has gone, and he hasn't needed very much time to do so. It's bit like the early Mourinho, except that he needs to prove himself in Europe.

I do agree, however, that it's silly to claim that Guardiola has been 'found out', which I have heard quite a lot this season, after less than a year in charge, and after doing unprecedented things of some kind or another at both Barca and Bayern. Having said that, it is clear that his 'brave' insistence on playing a certain way, no matter what, has cost him in the league this year and in Europe under Bayern.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #15826 on: March 19, 2017, 06:24:38 pm »
Starting to look like a real Pep team now, rolling around and exaggerating any slight contact and surrounding the ref.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline planet-terror

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15827 on: March 19, 2017, 06:24:47 pm »
Emptyhad
bollocks

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #15828 on: March 19, 2017, 06:25:45 pm »
Emptyhad

Yep. Expanding that stadium looks to be absolutely crucial following today's showing.

Offline planet-terror

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15829 on: March 19, 2017, 06:28:15 pm »
Extraordinary the amount of empthy seats again for a huge game. 5/6 minutes remaining for their team to win the game and its half emptied.
bollocks

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15830 on: March 19, 2017, 06:29:47 pm »
they have become a dreadful set of fans since they got their sugar daddy.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15831 on: March 19, 2017, 06:31:46 pm »
they have become a dreadful set of fans since they got their sugar daddy.

To be fair, half of the fans weren't even Man City fans fifteen years ago, they supported the likes of Rochdale or Bury.

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15832 on: March 19, 2017, 06:36:45 pm »
Their next 5. i guess they get 8 points, we just have to win our matches.

Arsenal (A) 1
Chelsea (A) 0
Hull City (H) 3
Southampton (A) 1
Middlesbrough (A) 3

We need any help we can from Arsenal and Chelsea. I think Southampton can get a draw as well.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15833 on: March 19, 2017, 06:39:33 pm »
I think both us and them will finish in the top four along with Chelsea. Who the other team are, probably Spurs.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15834 on: March 19, 2017, 06:39:39 pm »
To be fair, half of the fans weren't even Man City fans fifteen years ago, they supported the likes of Rochdale or Bury.

plenty of their actual fans have become entitled wankers too, but then I guess that would happen to any club in that situation.

It is funny the ones who came crawling out the woodwork. I have a friend who did that. Her now ex husband is a die-hard fan from the days they where shit and she'd go a few games with him, but would moan about it and generally not give a shit about City. The second they started winning things, she was a huge fan, reminding everyone of how she was following them all these years  :D No shame at all.

Offline Something Worse

• Master of prehistoric and fantasy creature-based onomatopoeia
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15835 on: March 19, 2017, 06:40:23 pm »
Their next 5. i guess they get 8 points, we just have to win our matches.

Arsenal (A) 1
Chelsea (A) 0
Hull City (H) 3
Southampton (A) 1
Middlesbrough (A) 3

We need any help we can from Arsenal and Chelsea. I think Southampton can get a draw as well.

Arsenal are freefalling, they'll win there.
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15836 on: March 19, 2017, 06:44:40 pm »

it has to stop at some point, arsenal wins it imo.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15837 on: March 19, 2017, 06:49:22 pm »

Fully expect City to win, but not sure what I'd prefer. Probably a draw. Want the gap between the teams directly below us to be as much as possible, so a City win would be better. But I'd also refer to finish higher than 4th to avoid any tricky qualifiers. So yeah, lets hope for a draw.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Johnny B. Goode

• Currently flying solo.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • What planet is Garrincha from?
« Reply #15838 on: March 19, 2017, 07:02:09 pm »
Thought that they were very good today. We defended very well but it just looked like we couldn't keep them off for too long. That they only scored 1 is a sort of comfort in the light of Lallana's miss. Aguero massively fucked up after that wonderful backheel pass from Sane.

That was mighty offensive line up and I'm disappointed we didn't finish them off, though it is true their centre backs weren't the usual bottle jobs.
'You put Pele face-to-face with me and I'll tell him: Pelé - you, me, any so-and-so...we can't deal with Garrincha, he's better than all of us.' Eusebio

Offline rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15839 on: March 19, 2017, 07:10:15 pm »
Would rather these win at Arsenal or draw as it kills off Arsenal that bit more then we would only have to worry about being caught by Utd.
“If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” - muhammad ali