Author Topic: The Walking Dead  (Read 388140 times)

Offline Wigwamdelbert

• Well wickidd, innit
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: The Walking Dead
« Reply #4480 on: April 5, 2017, 10:11:57 am »
Anyone pick up on the significance (or otherwise) of the toy soldier, was that left by Dwight?
Every man has a dream

Some just can't be spoken of in polite company

Offline Mivi

• Strawberry-flavoured Jayne Torvill ; 3,000,000 not out
  • Legacy Fan
  • By the way..........It's been emotional.
« Reply #4481 on: April 5, 2017, 10:29:35 am »
Rick could easily have disarmed Francis DeLaTour

'ave that miss jones' and fucking decked her

:D:D:D
It's cause he loks like a badger. Women fucking love badgers.

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #4482 on: April 5, 2017, 11:17:10 am »
Anyone pick up on the significance (or otherwise) of the toy soldier, was that left by Dwight?

Yep
Messi in fact doesn't have a recognizable trait.

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4483 on: April 5, 2017, 11:27:00 am »
What has been the point in adding those awful trash people? Clearly they'd have been useless in the war anyway seeing as every Alexandrian managed to get the drop on them even though they had them all held at gunpoint.
What I found more annoying was the elaborate set up of a plot device in the form of a pill. Yes, a fucking pill, that would eventually be used by someone to turn themselves, for some reason, thinking so far as to save everyone. I mean, what the fuck? There were at least 3 episodes dedicated to that shit, and the way it was handled at the end, with all the dull as piss water flashbacks, was just insulting to the viewer. That final showdown with all the guns pointed at each other, that's checkmate. There should be no comeback or fucking around there, but like I said about the previous episode, it's turned into the A-Team, where someone comes to save the day, bullets fly everywhere and none of the group get shot, even when the odds are ridiculously stacked against them. And all this took place because of a poison pill. Yeah. OK

This series can get fucked with a hot poker. Writers need sacking for that mess.

Offline lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
« Reply #4484 on: April 5, 2017, 11:37:12 am »

I did like the joke when Francis Emo-goth wanted to shag Rick, 'Is is okay if I lay with him after'. That was quite funny.

I guess my main gripe with this shite was I wanted to see Rick's group be a lot more bad-ass. I wanted to see Michonne venting justice with her sword, not getting her head bashed in by a expendable baddie.

I wanted to see Rick doing something decent, instead of laying a bomb, then fucking everything up again royally and nearly getting his son killed and his hands eviscerated.

Still, I'm with it till Negan gets killed by Tiger or Tiger-Zombie.

Yay, TIGER-ZOMBIE for the WIN!
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Offline ollick

• Huge Dick..and a Big Knob too!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Arghhhh
« Reply #4485 on: April 5, 2017, 11:47:25 am »

:lmao

I think just the thought of this has redeemed the whole fucking season for me, can't believe it didn't come to me sooner!!

:lmao
Why do people quote other people for the sigs?  What' the point?

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Fantasy NFL Champion 2019 & 2020
« Reply #4486 on: April 5, 2017, 12:16:34 pm »

i've got to give special mention to possibly the worst line i've ever heard in a TV show (and i watched true detective season 2), and the worst acting to deliver it... negan spotting maggie and ejaculating "that widow's alive! guns a-blazin'!" :lmao :lmao :lmao

i just paused it and laughed for about 5 minutes at the dreadfulness of it.

This is spot on by the way. Can't believe people who get paid lots of money to do this kind of thing saw that and thought "yep, that's a great line well delivered, can't cut that out". Absolutely awful.

Offline macmanamanaman

• S art Arse.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Robbie Returns!
« Reply #4487 on: April 5, 2017, 02:09:23 pm »
That 'widow' line.
seems like a line that Al Swearengen would be proud of!
"A Football team is like a Piano: You need 8 people to carry it and 3 to play the damn thing" - Shankly

Offline macmanamanaman

• S art Arse.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Robbie Returns!
« Reply #4488 on: April 5, 2017, 02:12:19 pm »
What a load of shite

this.

Unbelievably poor finale to a very very poor season.
Am determined not to watch the next season. Bye.
"A Football team is like a Piano: You need 8 people to carry it and 3 to play the damn thing" - Shankly

Offline lionel_messias

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4489 on: April 5, 2017, 03:23:36 pm »
this.

Unbelievably poor finale to a very very poor season.
Am determined not to watch the next season. Bye.

Yeah, you'll be back :)

Online Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #4490 on: April 5, 2017, 03:37:06 pm »
Instead of wasting your time watching a show you don't like, watch The Americans, which I guarantee 95% of people will think is great ;)
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Offline lionel_messias

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4491 on: April 5, 2017, 04:22:43 pm »
But Wait! "Season 8 will melt people's minds and break their televisions."

http://www.denofgeek.com/uk/tv/the-walking-dead/44532/the-walking-dead-season-8-will-melt-people-s-minds

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Southern Pansy
« Reply #4492 on: April 5, 2017, 04:28:28 pm »

http://www.denofgeek.com/uk/tv/the-walking-dead/44532/the-walking-dead-season-8-will-melt-people-s-minds

Their tomatoes will be attacked by Zombie Greenfly.

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4493 on: April 5, 2017, 06:10:49 pm »

It could break televisions, but not by the way they mean it.

Offline Red_Irishman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Absolutely Bobbins"
« Reply #4494 on: April 5, 2017, 10:47:31 pm »
Break your fucking heart more like.
“If Everton were playing down the bottom of my garden, I'd draw the curtains.” - Bill Shankly 1913 - 1981

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4495 on: April 6, 2017, 12:05:18 am »
No surprise it hit a 5 year season ender ratings low
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline sideshowme

• aka Bob
  • Legacy Fan
  • the king: making grown men feel like 10-year olds
« Reply #4496 on: April 6, 2017, 02:23:27 am »
Instead of wasting your time watching a show you don't like, watch The Americans, which I guarantee 95% of people will think is great ;)

yes, this.  don't let the fact that it was on ITV discourage you.  it is stunning TV.

That 'widow' line.
seems like a line that Al Swearengen would be proud of!

when he was passing his stone, perhaps. otherwise negan's attempts at over-elaborate speech are nowhere near al's beautiful cocksucking way with words.
Dudek saaaaves for Liverpoool!  Liverpool have won the Champions' League!  Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart!

Offline petecolonia

• Anny Roader
  • Left of the Sinking Ship
    • Northern Independence Party
« Reply #4497 on: April 6, 2017, 08:03:58 am »
Does this show have ANY redeeming quality left? Seriously struggling to think of any.. the other groups are ridiculous, Rick needs to be put out of his misery, Daryl is a complete fairy..

Mulletty fake scientist has an ok arc at the moment but he's going to die redeeming himself next season!

Must stop watching....
Bunch of centrist wetwipes - Watching Britain sink into obscurity.

Keir Starmer will tank hard. Alan X says I'm a bore, but at least I don't mod forums. That's just sad.

Offline BER

• Goat fondler.
  • Legacy Fan
  • FLOSS IS BOSS!!
« Reply #4498 on: April 6, 2017, 09:54:30 am »
i just watch the first and last episodes of each season now, for the last three seasons.  :-*

honestly that latest gunfight has to be the most rubbish looking action sequence i've ever seen. looked like a rehearsal larping session.

Offline lionel_messias

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4499 on: April 6, 2017, 11:22:36 am »
Look, it is fairly crap telly with a big budget. I'm looking forward to American Gods personally but...

I wanna see Negan die (at the hands of a tiger)
I wanna see Dwight die (zombie dogs or cheese wire)
I wanna see Trash woman die (she has a sad emo moment and explodes)
I wanna see Haircut die (shagged to death by Negan's harem)

I would quite like to see a dialogue scene between Negan and King Ezekiel which could be the worst moment in TV history.

And then I'm out

Offline Mivi

• Strawberry-flavoured Jayne Torvill ; 3,000,000 not out
  • Legacy Fan
  • By the way..........It's been emotional.
« Reply #4500 on: April 6, 2017, 01:36:26 pm »
I'm looking forward to not seeing any of you criticisers (Is that a real word?) back in October.
It's cause he loks like a badger. Women fucking love badgers.

Offline Stand Free

• Anny Roader
  • You'll Never Walk Alone
« Reply #4501 on: April 6, 2017, 02:12:43 pm »
Might try hold off looking at anything relating to the next season until its finished then just binge watching it, reckon this season would have been watchable if you watched it all within a couple of weeks, but when you have it dragged out over 8 weeks at a time it becomes a bit of a drag, especially when you don't see half the characters for 3 weeks at a time.

Offline firing squad

• Thinks he's a dog with spots.
  • Legacy Fan
  • People's Republic of Dalmatia
« Reply #4502 on: April 6, 2017, 07:09:21 pm »
Being a HUGE fan of the show since the start and not being around RAWK that much for months now(had to take a break), I read the last 6-7 pages of the thread and have to say that I'm fully on board with everything Macphisto80 has said. 

It's pretty sad to see a once great show turn into utter boring garbage. This season, apart from the opening episode and few other scenes(yes, scenes and not whole episodes) was a train wreck and literally THE ONLY reason why I'm still watching it is - habit.

"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you never know if they are genuine." - Bill Shankly

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metkovi%C4%87

http://www.lfccro.com/

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Number 21 of the Crazy 88
« Reply #4503 on: April 10, 2017, 11:23:53 am »
I'd saved up the second half of this season and avoided spoilers, all with a view of sitting down at the weekend and binge watching.

What a load of fucking shite! I have so many problems with it I barely know where to begin. The show is done, someone put us all out of our misery and just fucking can it.

Offline redk84

• (and nothing else!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • why must we always do things the hard way?
« Reply #4504 on: April 10, 2017, 11:44:11 am »
Finally got round to watching it yesterday. Liked it too.

I'm one of those weirdos that didn't think the season was especially worse than the last couple....I put it on par with the last two to be honest.

Show had me hooked in the first few seasons but has felt a bit like Sons of Anarchy for me in these later few seasons.....all a bit same-ish. But I still enjoy watching, and I don't mind the filler episodes and wanna see it to the end because still genuinely interested to see how they finish this

Whether that's in one season's time or ten. Hopefully one...

I have binge watched this show and I have watched an episode at a time and I defo will be binge watching more now
All Those Who Have A Red Heart Can Rejoice.
For They Have Seen GOD.

Offline lionel_messias

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4505 on: April 10, 2017, 01:25:02 pm »
More of a cringe watch, than a binge watch......perhaps.

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Number 21 of the Crazy 88
« Reply #4506 on: April 10, 2017, 02:07:38 pm »
After all the early menace and mystery surrounding Negan I actually wouldn't be surprised if he broke out into a musical number, Singing in the Rain Gene Kelly style perhaps, only switching the brolly for a bat! He's almost become a parody of himself and all in the space of one season!

I think the thing that bothered me the most though was the clipped, affected speech/language of the Rubbish EMO band. If this was centuries or even decades after an apocalyptic event and we were generations on with little or no education and isolated groups then I'd accept the English language being hacked apart but this is years later. You'd have to put a lot of fucking work into sounding like these bellends and that's time no one has to be wasting!

Offline redan

• yellowan pinkan green. purplean orangean blue.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'd prefer a beer!!
« Reply #4507 on: April 10, 2017, 02:13:33 pm »
It was ridiculously bad and this season has been nothing short of awful,

I struggle to believe its the same show that had me gripped a few years back at times,

The fight scene looked it's be choreographed for a school play and had the dialogue to match,

Real shame what's happened 

Offline Macphisto80

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4508 on: April 10, 2017, 04:51:02 pm »
After all the early menace and mystery surrounding Negan I actually wouldn't be surprised if he broke out into a musical number, Singing in the Rain Gene Kelly style perhaps, only switching the brolly for a bat! He's almost become a parody of himself and all in the space of one season!

I think the thing that bothered me the most though was the clipped, affected speech/language of the Rubbish EMO band. If this was centuries or even decades after an apocalyptic event and we were generations on with little or no education and isolated groups then I'd accept the English language being hacked apart but this is years later. You'd have to put a lot of fucking work into sounding like these bellends and that's time no one has to be wasting!
Negan is pure schlock personified. I actually don't mind that, as that makes him the least predictable thing about the show currently, or at least it should have. Like the rest of the show, there's interesting themes and premises buried in there somewhere, it's just that they've been woefully neglected, underwritten, or just outright poorly executed. Negan's character hasn't been helped at all by all the hopscotching around from episode to episode. He's supposed to be the main villain, yet ultra-interesting characters like Tara and Eugene get a couple of episodes dedicated almost entirely to them.

The thing the show still has going for it, is that there's still an interesting premise in there somewhere, but it's seriously lost it's direction. They've gone for the drama route, but the problem with that is that you actually need interesting characters, and interesting things happening with those characters for that to work. One thing we know of this show is that any character outside a couple of the main group, they either don't last, or they say a grand total of about 5 lines per series.

Offline Red_Irishman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Absolutely Bobbins"
« Reply #4509 on: April 10, 2017, 11:03:31 pm »

So true. It's absolute nonsense. Then again, zombies.
“If Everton were playing down the bottom of my garden, I'd draw the curtains.” - Bill Shankly 1913 - 1981

Offline Rattleduser

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #4510 on: April 13, 2017, 09:23:49 pm »
 Just wish it was better
PSN: white-of-my-eyes

Online [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #4511 on: April 17, 2017, 01:54:51 pm »
Get back on the road. Walkers need to be much more of a threat....perhaps a more intelligent kind?, Kill Karl for God's sake! Edge towards a cure or perhaps signs of normal life outside the USA?

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4512 on: April 17, 2017, 06:41:57 pm »
Oh yay they've promoted the garbage woman to a main cast member, can't wait to see an episode following the garbage people next season. Some lovely filler which will work as a good metaphor for the quality of the show
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Online [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #4513 on: April 17, 2017, 08:31:28 pm »
Zombie stig of the dump?

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4514 on: April 17, 2017, 08:36:22 pm »
Haha, I can't wait for more of the mystical dialogue of the garbage tribe.

Online Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #4515 on: April 17, 2017, 08:39:17 pm »
You lot need to lay off the garbage people. In a post-apocalyptic world I'd totally get on board with dressing all in black, using broken English and practicing a well choreographed routine where me and the group appear to be walking around randomly only to be in perfect sync when we surround a group of perfect strangers. I'm also a big fan of a pickelhaube zombie.
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Online Agent99

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4516 on: April 17, 2017, 08:43:39 pm »
She might get to lay with Rick after all now.

Offline Bunter

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #4517 on: April 17, 2017, 08:57:33 pm »
God.. it's going to get worse isn't it? Just break from the comics and wrap it up in 2-3 quality seasons. It's going to die on its arse if they keep dragging it out, because that last season was excruciating painful to watch most of the time.

Offline lionel_messias

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4518 on: April 18, 2017, 11:34:33 am »
You lot need to lay off the garbage people. In a post-apocalyptic world I'd totally get on board with dressing all in black, using broken English and practicing a well choreographed routine where me and the group appear to be walking around randomly only to be in perfect sync when we surround a group of perfect strangers.

C'mon, that's enough about the Labour party under Jeremy Corbyn.

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #4519 on: April 25, 2017, 07:44:25 pm »
Why can't I stop watching?